waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#1 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

In Twilight Princess it seems obvious that the twili people is the gerudoes which was sent to the twilight realm, so I just wanted to know wether that is a confirmed truth. Here are some of the reasons I think so.

1) It makes sense that htey would be banned because of their support to Gannondorf.

2) The Twilight mirror is in Gerudo Mesa

3) There are no Gerudoes in Gerudo Mesa.

4) Despite the way the twilight realm have reshaped the Gerudoes and given them a new look, Midna still have the firey red hair that all the gerudoes have.

Al_Elric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Al_Elric
Member since 2008 • 5090 Posts
well that would make me sad because it would give no reason for the Geruda village song :P but i think its fine to think so sense they are no where else . or maybe over all those years they went extinct or somthing
skatrbub54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 skatrbub54
Member since 2003 • 2160 Posts
wow why did i never think of that before. good idea. I think it's true
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
It would fit, but I don't think so. If Nintendo made it so they were the gerudo, then they couldn't bring the gerudo back could they?
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts
nah i dont think they were connected at all, it could be the gerudo just died out or moved on. Perhaps being known as producing ganondorf and being associated with him might have made them ashamed as a people either that or they got banished somehow or split up cuz Telma looked alot like a gerudo, which might mean they no longer live as a solitary race closed off to other areas. And perhaps without men from other areas the gerudo could not reproduce since there all women, and they just eventually died out. But i dont think there related to the twili people at all other than the gerudo guarding the mirror or just housing it, and since they were all women and zant was obviously male i think that works against it as well.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 waZelda

It would fit, but I don't think so. If Nintendo made it so they were the gerudo, then they couldn't bring the gerudo back could they?MaceKhan

Well, not in a game that takes place after TP and in the same timeline. It's all about the timelines. Personally I think TP is the second last game in its timeline and ALttP is the last (I don't think it had Gerudoes)

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 waZelda

nah i dont think they were connected at all, it could be the gerudo just died out or moved on. Perhaps being known as producing ganondorf and being associated with him might have made them ashamed as a people either that or they got banished somehow or split up cuz Telma looked alot like a gerudo, which might mean they no longer live as a solitary race closed off to other areas. And perhaps without men from other areas the gerudo could not reproduce since there all women, and they just eventually died out. But i dont think there related to the twili people at all other than the gerudo guarding the mirror or just housing it, and since they were all women and zant was obviously male i think that works against it as well.Gohansephiroth

Gerudoes aren't completely all-women. That wouldn't even make sence considering the rules of nature. Gannondorf was a Gerudo, remember? Once every hundred years a gerudo male is born to become their king. So since TP takes place hundred years after OoT, it makes sence that another Gerudo male would have been born. It would also explain why Gannondorf is cooperating with Zant. Zant is the are to the Gerudo throne. And by the way, I don't think Telma looked much like a Gerudo. The hair (though red) was to dark and I don't think the Gerudoes had such elf-like ears.

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

[QUOTE="Gohansephiroth"]nah i dont think they were connected at all, it could be the gerudo just died out or moved on. Perhaps being known as producing ganondorf and being associated with him might have made them ashamed as a people either that or they got banished somehow or split up cuz Telma looked alot like a gerudo, which might mean they no longer live as a solitary race closed off to other areas. And perhaps without men from other areas the gerudo could not reproduce since there all women, and they just eventually died out. But i dont think there related to the twili people at all other than the gerudo guarding the mirror or just housing it, and since they were all women and zant was obviously male i think that works against it as well.waZelda

Gerudoes aren't completely all-women. That wouldn't even make sence considering the rules of nature. Gannondorf was a Gerudo, remember? Once every hundred years a gerudo male is born to become their king. So since TP takes place hundred years after OoT, it makes sence that another Gerudo male would have been born. It would also explain why Gannondorf is cooperating with Zant. Zant is the are to the Gerudo throne. And by the way, I don't think Telma looked much like a Gerudo. The hair (though red) was to dark and I don't think the Gerudoes had such elf-like ears.

i know there is one male born every hundred years, i never said there wasn't but with only one male there a pretty much all female dominated race other than ganondorf being there king, But with ganondorf sealed away in ocarina of time they had to have some kind of outside male contact between that time and if they didn't that could be the reason they died out or whatever happened to them. I just think that the twili people being the gerudo is too much of a stretch.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MaceKhan
I just think that the twili people being the gerudo is too much of a stretch.Gohansephiroth
Sorry WaZelda, but I agree.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 waZelda
[QUOTE="waZelda"]

[QUOTE="Gohansephiroth"]nah i dont think they were connected at all, it could be the gerudo just died out or moved on. Perhaps being known as producing ganondorf and being associated with him might have made them ashamed as a people either that or they got banished somehow or split up cuz Telma looked alot like a gerudo, which might mean they no longer live as a solitary race closed off to other areas. And perhaps without men from other areas the gerudo could not reproduce since there all women, and they just eventually died out. But i dont think there related to the twili people at all other than the gerudo guarding the mirror or just housing it, and since they were all women and zant was obviously male i think that works against it as well.Gohansephiroth

i know there is one male born every hundred years, i never said there wasn't but with only one male there a pretty much all female dominated race other than ganondorf being there king, But with ganondorf sealed away in ocarina of time they had to have some kind of outside male contact between that time and if they didn't that could be the reason they died out or whatever happened to them. I just think that the twili people being the gerudo is too much of a stretch.

The way I see the timeline TP is in the part of it that is changed after Link was sent back in time. In that timeline Gannondorf was sent to the twilight realm later. The Gerudoes might have been sent there as well as an act of mercy from the Hyleans. Because they knew that without the king of the Gerudoes there the Gerudoes would go extinct. Therefore they sent them to the same realm they sent Gannondorf, so that the race of Gerudoes wouldn't disappear. In the other part of the timeline the Gerudoes didn't go extinct because Gannondorf broke out of the evil realm - as in the WW intro. I still think twilies and Gerudoes being the same would make sense.

Avatar image for mastetofthedark
mastetofthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mastetofthedark
Member since 2008 • 16924 Posts
I've been thinking that too!
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MaceKhan
\we agree that the gerudo are all women except for one male being born every one hundred years. in the twilight realm all the twili you heal with the sol are males. thrubeingcool13
Good point. And lets not forget that the back story for the twili doesn't fit waZelda's theory at all.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MaceKhan

weren't they hylians that practiced black magic and were banished?thrubeingcool13
The game says "Among those living in the light, interlopers who excelled at magic appeared." so they might not have even been hylians. But I think its pretty obvious they aren't Gerudo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2x1aPs_Mv0 Cutscene starts around 4:30.