Am I the only one who wants more Shadow Temple(s)?

Thewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Thewbacca
Member since 2006 • 3197 Posts
Some levels may play around with the concept, like Zants castle, the Wind Fishes Egg and even the Inside of the Moon (The Weird music creeped me out mightily), but none ever capture the pure terror inspiring atmosphere that Ocarina gave us in the Shadow temple. The feeling that death was always looking over your shoulder, that it was only a matter of time, thats an element that should really come back. Anyone agree?
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
To this day, the shadow temple and the bottom of the well from OoT scare the crap out of me. So no, I guess they were just to scary for me:P.
shionone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 shionone
Member since 2003 • 4670 Posts
No you are not alone, I would LOVE to see more of the Shadow Temple in any future Zelda game. I am glad I am not alone out there. It was creepy but AWESOME!
enemylines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 enemylines
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts
The shadow temple from OoT is definetly on my top 10 best temples of all time.
Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I just hope the don't make anything like the water temple again.It was hard but I more than welcome them bringing back Shadow Link.

RErikku12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RErikku12
Member since 2005 • 6280 Posts
It was a very solid temple. The only blunder there is the fact that it took me awhile to get through it although I did enjoy the occational scare or two.
ShanghaiHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 ShanghaiHeaven
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

Personally I'm more of a Spirit Temple person. The way they combined a deep puzzle-filled atmosphere and combined the use of Link both young and old was just plain cool! They even kept a quirky boss. The shadow temple was too dreary for me that I got bored.

I get tired of stalfos too ease I guess. And I hated the hands... but the layout was pretty cool =). I liked those spiralling hallways. It had a sort of19th century feel. Do ya think?

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#8 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
I'd like to see some more scary dungeons in future Zelda games. Personally, I think the most creepy one is the moon, if it can be considered a dungeon. It is so surreal. In the heat of battle, you enter a peaceful area of light and harmony with a green tree in the middle. Your worst enemies run around and play like children. I can hardly think of anything more creepy. I don't really remember the music, but the mood and the atmosphere... Creepy.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#9 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

I just hope the don't make anything like the water temple again.It was hard but I more than welcome them bringing back Shadow Link.

Celsius765

I think I would say water temples. The water temple in TP wasn't one of my favorites either. In fact, I tend to like Water levels in general. Both in Zelda games, Mario games, Banjo-Kazzoie, Banjo-Tooie and the Kirby game I've played.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MaceKhan
I agree with both of WaZelda's posts, the atmosphere in the Moon was creepy, and I dislike the majority of water levels from the games that I've played. And out of curiosity, why does everyone hate the water temple from OoT more than the water temple from MM? I have always felt that the water temple from MM is the harder and more frustrating of the two.
amazingdumner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 amazingdumner
Member since 2008 • 277 Posts
shadow temple also scared the crap out of me but that was the enjoyment of it always wanting to make sure your not leading leink to his sure to be demise
Avatar image for kingofcosmos231
kingofcosmos231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 kingofcosmos231
Member since 2008 • 763 Posts
the shadow temple really freaked me out especially the invisible maze with the floormasters. OOT was my first zelda game with floormasters in it so it killed me by sucking the life out of me and from now on I am terrified of them. The twilight dungeon was also kind of freaky in tp specially the floating hands that grabbed the light orb from you and the floors filled with the twilight creatures.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#13 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
The Shadow Temple from Ocarina Of Time was one of my favourite dungeons in the Zelda series we certainly need more like it.
dmil1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 dmil1991
Member since 2007 • 1016 Posts
The Shadow Temple was one of my favorite temples in OoT. I just hated the mummies that would make you go rigor mortis - really frustrating. The Wind Fish's egg really wasn't much of a temple. It was really just about 15 sec of walking around before landing in an awesome boss fight (which is still one of my favorites of the series). Funnily enough, there's color in the final scene of the original LA (not the DX). If you play through it on a GBC or GBA, you can see it. The Wind Fish itself is rainbow colored.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
I want a water temple as ****ing awesome as Ocarina of Time again.
Thewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Thewbacca
Member since 2006 • 3197 Posts
I want a water temple as ****ing awesome as Ocarina of Time again.SSCyborg
And by awesome, you mean as infuriatingly difficult and counterintuitive? Even on my 5th playthrough that thing stumps me for like 2 hours.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MaceKhan
[QUOTE="SSCyborg"]I want a water temple as ****ing awesome as Ocarina of Time again.Thewbacca
And by awesome, you mean as infuriatingly difficult and counterintuitive? Even on my 5th playthrough that thing stumps me for like 2 hours.

Its still that hard for you? Idk maybe I just have a good memory but I don't get stumped by the water temple in OoT anymore.
skatrbub54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 skatrbub54
Member since 2003 • 2160 Posts

I would love another Shadow Temple. It was full and death and was very dark. They need to bring it back. And I loved the Water Temple too. I always love infuriatingly difficult places in games like that. And I liked the music in it. After the first or second time through I could get through it easily.

Man I really want a new Zelda to wait on.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Shadow temple was a great place, not my favourite, but it was still up there in my top 5 dungeons of all time. the Stalfos battles were tons of fun, the ghost ship was a delights, everything was just so awesome in there.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

[QUOTE="SSCyborg"]I want a water temple as ****ing awesome as Ocarina of Time again.Thewbacca

I loved the temple. Tested my puzzle solving skillz. 8)

HylianHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HylianHeart
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts
I think that the parts that stummped me the most was the Forest Temple and the little dungeonette before the desert temple.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MaceKhan
I think that the parts that stummped me the most was the Forest Temple and the little dungeonette before the desert temple.HylianHeart
Huh?
HylianHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HylianHeart
i meant as far as puzzle solving goes. Remember that little dungeonette thing before the real temple in the Dessert? I think you had to go after the Gerudo Queen or something.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MaceKhan
Oh, do you mean in the Gerudo Fortress were you have to rescue the four carpenters? I love that part, its one of my favorite parts in the entire game.
HylianHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HylianHeart
That's it!! I completly forgot about the four carpenters! I remembered the little dungeon, but couldn't remember why we had to go in it. I thought that it was because you had to look for a key or something.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MaceKhan

Yeah you had to find the carpenters, that was my favorite part of the game.

Ads6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ads6
Member since 2008 • 303 Posts

MaceKhan

i only like that part coz you got to face one of the gerudos i wasnt to bothered about the carpenters.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MaceKhan
[QUOTE="MaceKhan"]

Ads6

i only like that part coz you got to face one of the gerudos i wasnt to bothered about the carpenters.

The carpenters could rot for all I care, I loved sneaking through the fortress owning the Gerudos with my sword!
HylianHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HylianHeart
For real! They guard every inch of that place and yet Link with his sneaking skills was able to move about right under their noses!
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MaceKhan
The Gerudo learned their lesson though, they were much harder to sneak past in Majoras Mask.
HylianHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HylianHeart
Oh yeah I remember that. I really liked how you had to change into a Zora and sneak in through the water.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MaceKhan
That was pretty awesome. Did you know if you got the stone mask(might not be its actual name) you could walk past the gaurds without them seeing you?
aja1-6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 aja1-6
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts
The shadow temple was awesome, although it would be a drag if the entire game was like that. I guess the point is to have variety, and have drastically different dungeons throughout a game. I agree that the Zelda formula could use some fresh ideas . They could possibly do one leaning towards stealth. After all, what are the chances that every single Link throughout the ages happens to have the exact same fighting style? Wouldn't it be cool if you got to play as Links with varying fighting styles and personalities? Not so different that it's not him, but at least they could mix it up a bit.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

You could?

Wow, that's pretty cool, although I didn't get it until early Ikana Canyon.

But yes, Shadow Temple = awesomness.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MaceKhan

You could?

Wow, that's pretty cool, although I didn't get it until early Ikana Canyon.

metroid_dragon
Yeah, you can get the mask as soon as you get your horse, if you know what you are doing of course.