A remake idea for the gameboy color titles...

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

This includes all three LA, OoA, OoS. My idea is they remake these for the DS with an interface like PH but you select items from a pause menu screen instead. The graphics would be MM style (as its slightly yet signifigently better than OoT) and the swapping and transfering between the oracles games get a huge overhal. Maybe they could even chuck it some PH sailing in Ages too as theres a large sea part of it. Towns should be redone as i find it allways makes a game feel better when theres an interesting town. Mayb add an inn, some more people and shops. The pause menu screen can be OoT/MM style and for the oracle games, the equipment (OoT) or mask (MM) selection screen can be changed to rings, for LA im not sure what they could put. Songs in all three games can be played on an ocarina which you will use a DS interface to play them similar to OoT/MM, this includes the animal flutes found in the oracle games but not the 3 time songs learnt on the harp of ages in OoA. All three stories should be worked on to add a bit more depth, in particular LA.

Theres only one item i have found that would be too difficult to implement touch interface: Roc's feather, expecially when using pegasus boots/seeds and jumping. But im sure one button wont harm it.

Zombchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Zombchu
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
I absolutely loved OOS and OOA, and would be amazed if they decided to remake them, but chances are that won't happen since they were 2001 titles. I think they could take the menu screen, and put it on top, while the gameplay goes on the touch screen. Just beautiful
joshi1s3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 joshi1s3
Member since 2006 • 2550 Posts
fantastic idea.They probably wouldn't consider it until 2011 though...its far to recent for the ds
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

That is the one draw back of my idea, it is very unlikely. As for the menu on the top screen that could work as there isnt alot of map drawing you could implement into the game, so the menu screen being displayed at the top could work.

The reason the songs on the harp of ages would be seprate from an ocarina is there would be not much use for having the harp of ages otherwise and the harp of ages is a big part of OoA.

Another idea i've had is that in all three games in a minigame house. I understand what probably going through you heads but hear me out. During the course of each game you will unlock six minigames that will involve link testing his skill. You can then transfer the data to any other games and each can end up with a grand total of 18. Minigames would not be like Mario Party minigames or Super Mario DS minigames. They would be like Bombchu bowling from OoT and the treasure chest game in clocktown where you must find you way around the pillars that rise when u step near them to get the treasure chest.

I also have an idea for a new grand ending for the oracles games. When you complete both on either game pack you will enter a new world where farfore intends to help you defeat the evil threatning the other lands. This world could either be Fafore's land or just a evil and dark realm where ganon is hiding. You enter Twinrova's castle, defeat them and then defeat ganon and unlock the final ending instead of going back to your orignal game and doing it all over again which was called return linking. So you would go for example OoS -> OoA -> New Caslte and final ending.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#5 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

I love your idea - but mostly because I haven't yet found a way to get the oracle games and I have just played two thirds of LA (which I consider one of the best Zelda titles, too bad I couldn't play it all).

However, I agree that it is unlikely, but who knows? I mean, they are considering making a 3D version of ALttP.