Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts

With the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl slowly approaching (again), we've already leanred numerous things about the Legend of Zelda content within the game. Young Link isn't returning and the Temple stage is coming back, not much but what we don't know is there's a new Zelda stage. In the first game we were treated with battling in the twister filled Hyrule Castle. In super Smash Bros. Melee we got the Tmple and The Great Bay. So there's only been three so far but there are many other potential environments in the LEgend of Zelda series that a stage could be built on. Perhaps somethign inspired by the Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass world, similar to the Rainbow Cruise stage might be interesting.

So with that in mind, what type of Zelda based location do you think would make a good stage for the upcoming Smash Bros. game? Remember be creative, think of potential obstacles and environmental hazards.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Alright, we gotta have something Twilight Princess related in the maps...

I'm thinking... Snowpeak Ruins, a 2 leveled arena on one side that is within the mansion, and the courtyard on the other side.

Ir perhaps it's mainly the courtyard, but you can break through a window into a small room in the mansion... nah, Smash Bros never has complicated elements to stages like that. large arenas that you can travel through during your fight is more of a Dead or Alive thing.

Well, part in the courtyard, part out, Smash Bros should have stage obstacles an option, to make for more balanced maps if you so wish it. I'm not sure what obstacles would go good in there. Probably something to do with the Yetis or the Canon.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#3 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
Already two Zelda stages have been anounced in Brawl, so I'm not sure there is more. However I'd like to see the ghost ship in PH being a stage. Those ghosts you fougth there would make excelent obstacles . Hopefully the ghost ship would bemoving and things like I don't know, barrels or something would be sliding on the deck.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
A stage based in the Palace of Shadow. There's nothing similar to it in Brawl right now. I don't think they would, though.
Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5 Chaos_Angel_14
Member since 2004 • 3805 Posts

I'd say....the stone tower temple from majoras mask
it has potential
like there could be a switch in the level that when hit could put everything upside down
you could make some interesting battles with that by doing stuff like stratigically placing your opponents then hitting the siwtch to flip them off the edge or something
i dunno, i just thought it up on the spot

but what i really want is....SKULL KID PLAYABLE, that would be so awsome, I'd LOVE to see him in brawl since I've always wanted to play as him in some shape or form since i saw him for the first time in majoras mask

name-unknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 name-unknown
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

Well I forgot his name but he's Ganindorfs second in command in twilight princessstarts with a Z I think.Well any way when you fight him the level changes right that would be cool if it does that in Brawl. Or when you just about get the master sword the room just before that with the 2 guards and they make you do that wierd puzzle except without the puzzle. Or in Sky Town where the Ooca's live when you fight the dragon. Or inside the castle when you fight Ganindorf. Or...... well theres so many areas that could be turned into a level:)

They should just put all the characters from melee into brawl and instead of making characters intoitems they should just put any character they can think ofinto the game but I guess that would mean making up different moves for all of them.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Well I forgot his name but he's Ganindorfs second in command in twilight princessstarts with a Z I think.Well any way when you fight him the level changes right that would be cool if it does that in Brawl. Or when you just about get the master sword the room just before that with the 2 guards and they make you do that wierd puzzle except without the puzzle. Or in Sky Town where the Ooca's live when you fight the dragon. Or inside the castle when you fight Ganindorf. Or...... well theres so many areas that could be turned into a level:)

They should just put all the characters from melee into brawl and instead of making characters intoitems they should just put any character they can think ofinto the game but I guess that would mean making up different moves for all of them.

name-unknown

Zant is his name I believe.

Zombchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zombchu
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
I personally think that they should go for a Lost Woods environment. Characters can jump on trees, and it's kind of like a Battlefield esque map.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 waZelda

name-unknown

I don't mean to be rude, but you should learn to spell "Ganondorf." Ganindorf is not the correct spelling.

However, to stick to the topic: Have anyone played minish cap and remember that boss fights when you are flying on top of the boss and things are coming towards you from every angle and your target is to attack the eyes of the boss (or bosses, I think it was more than one). That would make a good stage in Brawl, though it would probably be to similar to "Big Blue" and "Pokemon Flute."

Another Idea would be to have a stage from the twillight realm in TP, you know with that hand that is coming towards you to get the "sol" back. A lot of super smash stages have things coming in and participating in the battles (like the lulat stage when you are shot at and the F-Zero stage where the F-Zero planes are coming at you.

What I would really love (though I'm pretty much possitive it would never come) is a stage that takes the ending video in OoT. For instance you land on Lon Lon Ranch where people are dancing around. I guess it would be hard to make it in a way that does not destroy the nostalgism and it would also be hard to make it in a way that makes it fun to fight, but still i would love it.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
I'd like to see a stage based on the original Legend of Zelda, kind of like the Mushroom Kingdom from Melee. Now that would be sweet.
name-unknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 name-unknown
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts
waZelda sorry for miss spelling his name.I was in a hurry my parents only give me 2 hours a day on the internet:(
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
How 'bout Ganondorf's castle? Something like his castle from OoT. There would be multiple redeads and octoroks, and maybe wallmasters to attack everyone. And just like during the battle with Ganondorf in OoT, the platforms will occasionally fall down, whether it be by itself or by you...
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts
How about a platform that move's through the two realms!
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

How about a platform that move's through the two realms! imnotwhite

You know that's not too shabby actually. I was thinking of a way to incorperate the Twili Castle as a stage since it was so awesome, maybe a level that just jumps to random places?

Actually, why not just create a level based on the area in front of the Twili Castle? It's pretty open and has 3 main platforms, I think it would work well for a level. And Link could have the light sword while there.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 waZelda

There is a lot of possible good stages. How about the castle in ALttP for instance. I think so far super smash have come up with few really good stages. I mean, we have that stage on top of the castle from bros, the temple stage, the MM stage (out in the water) and now the Bridge of Eldin.

I would like the idea of a stage where you travel between realms as well. For instance there could be a stage where you go from the dark world to the light world and the other way by finding the mirror, which is somewhere on the stage. Someone would want to change to another world because the evil ones (Like Bowser and Meta Knight) will be powered up in the dark world, while the heroes would be better in the light world.