Game Battle #2: Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit VS Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supergohan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 supergohan1
Member since 2006 • 9554 Posts

Here we are again folks

This is Game Battle #2 and today, the 2 candidates are: Dragon Bal Z: Burst Limit and naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, both are popular anime based fighters, but which is better? Thats for you to decide.

Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit

VS

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, is an anime based fighting game of the Dragon Ball series developed for both, the PS3 and 360. This games story mode (known as Z Chronicles) follows the paths of the Z Fighters all the way up to the end of the Cell saga, along with a few what if scenarios thrown into the mix. The cutscenes are detailed and well done, although they tend to be reused often for other battles which gives you a sense that the developers were just lazy in doing so, not to mention the English dubbing is rarely in sync with what the character is trying to say.

The fighting system is on a 2D plane, this game has a fairly decent fighting system capable of deep strategic combat but also easy to pick up and play at the same time, the fighters can also manipulate their Ki energy, this allows them to fire off devastating energy based attacks, such as gigantic beams, volleys, explosive waves and more, these attacks can be used via the energy bar, which in a sense, breaks the gameplay The bar refills it's self over time, but too quickly, thus allowing spammable energy attacks. There is also a new system in this game known as the Drama Piece, these Drama Pieces are mini cutscenes which are activated under certain conditions during a fight and can help the user, evade a blast, heal damage, block melee or get a stat increase, however, these Drama Pieces can become frustrating due to them breaking up gameplay and giving you or your opponent a cheap way out of recieving damage, luckily they can be turned off in VS mode and Online mode. However, this game does stay true to the anime and includes the ever popular DBZ Trasformations for the characters who can perform them, such as Goku's Super Saiyan form and Cell's Super Perfect form, these new forms don't really change much, but they do give your attacks a greater punch, however, these new forms can also weaken your defense, this in turn deepens the gameplay and allows you to choose whether you want to sacrifice defense for power as well as the energy cost it takes for you to transform in the first place.

This game also has an Online mode, unfortuantly, it's not a very good one. Unless your living on the same street as the person your playing against with a strong Internet connection, you are in for a lag fest. This online mode completeley drains away any skill you could use due to it being so laggy, you can not combo moves together or use any quick movements effectively, thus resulting in very slow gameplay and a broken system, this is also frustrating in the ranking mode, this is where players win points which rank them up on the leader board, however, due to the lag, spammable energy attacks are a problem to evade, even for experienced players, therefore, this online mode, even though it's set world wide so you can battle anyone in the world with the game, it's just not worth it.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, is also an anime based fighting game, but this is based off of the world of Naruto, this game was developed exclusiveley for the PS3 and is widely known for it's amazing Cel-shaded graphics which mimic the look of the anime flawlessly. This game follows the young 12-13 year old Ninja, Naruto, the story covers the whole anime, excluding the fillers going all the way from when Naruto was in Ninja traing to the retrieval of sasuke arc. The games story mode is known as Ultimate Mission and works on a mission based system, as Naruto, you'll go through the Hidden Leaf Village loking for people who have missions for you, these missions can go from finding some cats to battling devastating foes. Upon completing missions, you'll gain Mission exp, mission exp is used to unlock story based missions, these are shown via the mission ranking system, the story mode missions will be shown as a big scroll with the Konoha head band symbol on it, while the other missions you need to complete for mission exp will work like in the anime, the scrolls will be labeled with ranks for their difficulty, S being the most difficult, A being hard, B being mediocre, C being novice and finally D, which is as good as chores, the harder the mission, the more mission exp you shall recieve.

This games story mode also has cutscenes, these cut scenes are amazingly well done, however, they are very few of them and have mostly been reserved for the big climatic battles, but there are a few issues with the English dubbing being out of sync, however, this is to a low extent and isn't really that bothersome where as in the other battles, Naruto explains whats going on in a scroll before the fight and some comments are shared before the battle begins.

This game is on a 3D fighting plane, thus allowing the fighters the ability to freely roam around the arena in any direction, this also helps give a feel from the anime because as seen during the Naruto episodes, the fights never go on in a straight line, the fighters are all over the field throwing shuriken or finding ways to hoan in on the opponent, which is the sense you get here. You can battle from a distance with shuriken and whatever else the fighters use or you can overwhelm your opponent with your melee. This game also features a mode known as, awakening mode, once a fghter is low on health, you can charge your chakra past it's limit and this mode will begin, some awakening modes just last for a few minuites and give you a stat increase, whereas some, like Naruto's One tailed transformation and Sasuke's second cursed mark transformation will last for the remainder of the fight and give them a whole new move set.

This game also features the ever popular, Jutsu, there wouldn't be a Naruto game without it. The Jutsu can be performed after gaining the correct ammount of chakra by either landing blows on your opponent or charging it up. These Jutsu's look amazing once they connect and the Ultimate Jutsu's only add to the fan service which are just stunning to watch unfold, it gets even better though. In this game you can choose 2 team mates, unfortunately you can't go solo unless it's a story mode fight which follows a solo battle, but it works pretty wel, you can call on your team mates to help you out of a struggle quickly with their own jutsu before they jump back out and allow you to carry on the match.

Suprisingly, this game doesn't have an online mode, however, it does have downloadable content on the PS store, which include new support characters, missions and figurines for the collection mode.

govinator07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 govinator07
Member since 2005 • 6352 Posts

i think me and you already talked about this in the PM >_>

so im going with NUNS 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 bugbag
Member since 2006 • 33275 Posts
Burst limit.
supergohan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 supergohan1

i think me and you already talked about this in the PM >_>

so im going with NUNS

govinator07
lol, yeah we did! :P
naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts
Burst limit rocks the house.
heavenboy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 heavenboy666
Member since 2009 • 21257 Posts
DBZ Burst Limit for me, simple reason cause I never played Naruto
ikhzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 ikhzo
Member since 2008 • 23442 Posts
DBZ:Burst Limit..There's no way I'll let NUNS win ..
govinator07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 govinator07
Member since 2005 • 6352 Posts
:o mannn.. burst limit is not better than NUNS :x
Wolf-Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Wolf-Chief
Member since 2008 • 2894 Posts
dbz burst limit yeah
supergohan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 supergohan1
Wasn't expecting this... :? Btw, people, we do need some reasons for discussion sake!! heaven's the only one that gave a reason and sorry heaven, but that reason sucked :P
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 bugbag
Member since 2006 • 33275 Posts
I never play any of them but I like dragonball better.
RoseFlambe169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RoseFlambe169
Member since 2009 • 11700 Posts
I hate Naurto... I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. Sorry fans, but for all I care it can die. I think it all too ironic my brother's half of the room is a Naruto fanatic home base. I really liked Dragon Ball Z before they took it off the air. After that I never saw it again, so it sorta surprised me when I learned there were all these hardcore fans.
ikhzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 ikhzo
Member since 2008 • 23442 Posts

I hate Naurto... I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. Sorry fans, but for all I care it can die. I think it all too ironic my brother's half of the room is a Naruto fanatic home base. I really liked Dragon Ball Z before they took it off the air. After that I never saw it again, so it sorta surprised me when I learned there were all these hardcore fans.RoseFlambe169

Yeah..I agree @RoseFlambe169 even i hate naruto..It's sooooo tragic..

heavenboy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 heavenboy666
Member since 2009 • 21257 Posts

Wasn't expecting this... :? Btw, people, we do need some reasons for discussion sake!! heaven's the only one that gave a reason and sorry heaven, but that reason sucked :Psupergohan1

Lol, ok so cause DBZ Burst Limit has an online battle while Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm doesnt have any( even though the online battle sucks>_>) or maybe cause it was like intense fighting game or something, is that better now SG1:P

supergohan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 supergohan1
Yes, heaven ;) and ok, you two, understood, you don't like Naruto, hehee...
supergohan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 supergohan1

The winner is...

DragonBall Z: Burst Limit with 6 votes to Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storms 2

Thread Closed. Check out Games Battle #3