Favorite handheld games from this generation??

• 185 results
random991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 random991
Member since 2012 • 986 Posts

@TLR Persona 4 Golden is a must...If you like animated graphics,and if you do,try Tales Of,games too.

You will get FFX and FFX-2...Won't you?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#152 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@TLR Persona 4 Golden is a must...If you like animated graphics,and if you do,try Tales Of,games too.

random991

oh yes i will, but i won't get the X-2 for the Vita, because you have to buy that for it. But getting it when it finally arrives here 

random991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 random991
[QUOTE="random991"]

The_Last_Ride

oh yes i will, but i won't get the X-2 for the Vita, because you have to buy that for it. But getting it when it finally arrives here 

Alright then! If you have these games,you can play for at least....................................................................... ..............................................................................................................................................this much:P

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#154 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I was talking to Char and somehow the conversation went to how many Vita and 3DS games I have.

I have a lot of Vita games. 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="random991"]

random991

Alright then! If you have these games,you can play for at least....................................................................... ..............................................................................................................................................this much:P

already have 600 hours on X alone on the ps2 

random991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 random991

The_Last_Ride

Since FFX will be a handheld game now,you will be able to play at your mom's house too;) 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

random991

Since FFX will be a handheld game now,you will be able to play at your mom's house too;) 

that is true! 

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#158 ShadowofSonic
Member since 2009 • 24616 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

random991

Really?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="random991"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

ShadowofSonic

Really?

yeah it will have cross platform saves 

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#160 ShadowofSonic
Member since 2009 • 24616 Posts
That's awesome.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 The_Last_Ride

That's awesome.ShadowofSonic

oh yeah, that is awesome indeed 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#162 bugbag
Member since 2006 • 33275 Posts

I was talking to Char and somehow the conversation went to how many Vita and 3DS games I have.

Blabadon

Who is Char?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#163 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

bugbag

Who is Char?

How do you not know who Charizard is? He's like, System Wars, the poster. 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 bugbag
Oh yeah, I know him... I think I have the right Charizard.:P
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#165 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

bugbag

Who is Char?

'Nother old timer like you.
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 bugbag
Does he forget things often too?:|
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 The_Last_Ride
Anyone here actually have a Vita :o?
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#168 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Dragon Quest V, IX
Mega Man: Powered Up
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Valkyria Chronicles 2

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 turtlethetaffer

Dragon Quest V, IX
Valkyria Chronicles 2

Eikichi-Onizuka

Have you played Dragon Quest VI or IV?? 

Also how many hours do you have in DQIX? 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 bugbag
How many Dragon Quest games did they make?:P
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Eikichi-Onizuka
[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]

Dragon Quest V, IX
Valkyria Chronicles 2

turtlethetaffer

I've played IV, not VI yet but I have it.

My playtime was at 68 hours, I haven't done near everything in the game. (completed the story though) 

@bugbag A lot, X was released in Japan a while back(and is an MMO >_>) and that doesn't count the side games like Dragon Quest Monsters, Torneko, Rocket Slime. The series has been going since the NES though. 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 bugbag
Wow, I didn't know it was that old.:o
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 turtlethetaffer
[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"][QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]

Dragon Quest V, IX
Valkyria Chronicles 2

Eikichi-Onizuka

My playtime was at 68 hours, I haven't done near everything in the game. (completed the story though) 

@bugbag A lot, X was released in Japan a while back(and is an MMO >_>) and that doesn't count the side games like Dragon Quest Monsters, Torneko, Rocket Slime. The series has been going since the NES though. 

How is IV? I really want to play it, as it's the only of the retro trilogy I don't have on the DS.  VI is awesome, BTW, the job system is really fun.

And I have around 170 hours in DQIX.  Game is packed out the ass with content.

And, Bug, the original Dragon Quest (or Dragon Warrior as it was called back then) was released in 1989 here in good ol' Murica.  It helped set the standard for traditional JRPGs.  And it has been hugely popular in Japan ever since with its many different types of series, as Onizuka mentioned.  The games don't change much inbetween installments, but that's kind of part of their charm... It's one of the few series that has actually remained true to its roots in that many of the newer games are still quite similar to the old games.

It's popular enough to have its own Pokemon esque series, called Dragon Quest Monsters, although it's much more grind centric than Pokemon (which is no easy feat.) 

Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Eikichi-Onizuka

How is IV? I really want to play it, as it's the only of the retro trilogy I don't have on the DS.  

turtlethetaffer

It's not as good as V or IX but I'd definitely recommend it. It starts off pretty easy during the first few chapters but then it goes into what you'd expect from other DQ games.

Speaking of, I really hope the 3DS version of VII gets localized. 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 bugbag
[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"][QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]

Dragon Quest V, IX
Valkyria Chronicles 2

turtlethetaffer

How is IV? I really want to play it, as it's the only of the retro trilogy I don't have on the DS. VI is awesome, BTW, the job system is really fun.

And I have around 170 hours in DQIX. Game is packed out the ass with content.

And, Bug, the original Dragon Quest (or Dragon Warrior as it was called back then) was released in 1989 here in good ol' Murica. It helped set the standard for traditional JRPGs. And it has been hugely popular in Japan ever since with its many different types of series, as Onizuka mentioned. The games don't change much inbetween installments, but that's kind of part of their charm... It's one of the few series that has actually remained true to its roots in that many of the newer games are still quite similar to the old games.

It's popular enough to have its own Pokemon esque series, called Dragon Quest Monsters, although it's much more grind centric than Pokemon (which is no easy feat.)

Did one ever come out for the PlayStation?

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 turtlethetaffer
[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"][QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"][QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]

Dragon Quest V, IX
Valkyria Chronicles 2

bugbag

How is IV? I really want to play it, as it's the only of the retro trilogy I don't have on the DS. VI is awesome, BTW, the job system is really fun.

And I have around 170 hours in DQIX. Game is packed out the ass with content.

And, Bug, the original Dragon Quest (or Dragon Warrior as it was called back then) was released in 1989 here in good ol' Murica. It helped set the standard for traditional JRPGs. And it has been hugely popular in Japan ever since with its many different types of series, as Onizuka mentioned. The games don't change much inbetween installments, but that's kind of part of their charm... It's one of the few series that has actually remained true to its roots in that many of the newer games are still quite similar to the old games.

Did one ever come out for the PlayStation?

Yup Dragon Quest VII did.  VIII came out on the PS2. 

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 turtlethetaffer
[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

How is IV? I really want to play it, as it's the only of the retro trilogy I don't have on the DS.  

Eikichi-Onizuka

It's not as good as V or IX but I'd definitely recommend it. It starts off pretty easy during the first few chapters but then it goes into what you'd expect from other DQ games.

I didn't really find V or VI that challenging.  Granted, I grinded for 10 hours straight maxing out the Vocations for all my main characters in VI, so I wiped the floor with the final boss.  V was a bit tougher, but the only time I died was my first attempt at Estark, but my second was much more successful.  But I really want to play IV... It's so expensive, though and it's one of the few games I actually care about having the box and manual to :(

I found Dragon Quest IX to be more challenging than V or VI, especially when you get really high level Grottoes. 

And yes, I'd love if VII was localized on 3DS... And it'd be cool if they did the same with VIII. I'm not too worried... I think DQ is popular enough so that it'll be a safe bet to localize it.  The only thing I have an issue with, from what I've seen, is that I don't really dig the hero design. Aside from that, looks great.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 bugbag
I was thinking I had played one on PlayStation but now I don't think so.:?
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 turtlethetaffer

I was thinking I had played one on PlayStation but now I don't think so.:?bugbag

Then play it, Dragon Quest is awesome... At least, it is if you like old school games. If not then steer clear. 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 bugbag
I'll look into it. I have so many games I want right now.:P
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Eikichi-Onizuka
[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

turtlethetaffer

I didn't really find V or VI that challenging.  Granted, I grinded for 10 hours straight maxing out the Vocations for all my main characters in VI, so I wiped the floor with the final boss.  V was a bit tougher, but the only time I died was my first attempt at Estark, but my second was much more successful.  But I really want to play IV... It's so expensive, though and it's one of the few games I actually care about having the box and manual to :(

I found Dragon Quest IX to be more challenging than V or VI, especially when you get really high level Grottoes. 

And yes, I'd love if VII was localized on 3DS... And it'd be cool if they did the same with VIII. I'm not too worried... I think DQ is popular enough so that it'll be a safe bet to localize it.  The only thing I have an issue with, from what I've seen, is that I don't really dig the hero design. Aside from that, looks great.

Dragon Quest VII is my least favorite game in the series(which isn't saying it's bad).

Not sure what happened with IV, that was $15 new when I bought my 3DS near the end of 2011. :o 

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 turtlethetaffer
[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"][QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Eikichi-Onizuka

Dragon Quest VII is my least favorite game in the series(which isn't saying it's bad).

Not sure what happened with IV, that was $15 new when I bought my 3DS near the end of 2011. :o 

Goddamn you lucked out. this is the kind of price it's going for now. Looks like I didn't jump on it in time :(

Although DQV and DQVI have also both shot up in price when I played them.  I got both for thirty bucks altogether and now they're around 35- 40 each. 

But I still want DQVII.  I'm only missing VII, VIII and IV frmo the main series games... I have all the others in one form or another. 

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 bugbag

That's crazy high.

Hmm, I wonder what the most expensive game in my collection would be...

Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Eikichi-Onizuka

But I still want DQVII.  I'm only missing VII, VIII and IV frmo the main series games... I have all the others in one form or another. 

turtlethetaffer

I have I-III on GBC, IV-VI & IX for DS, and VIII of course for PS2. I traded in VII ages ago, I should have kept it just to have the main series complete but I didn't know I would be collecting the other games then(only had VII and VIII at the time and wasn't that fond of the DQ series yet).   

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 turtlethetaffer
[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Eikichi-Onizuka

I have I-III on GBC, IV-VI & IX for DS, and VIII of course for PS2. I traded in VII ages ago, I should have kept it just to have the main series complete but I didn't know I would be collecting the other games then(only had VII and VIII at the time and wasn't that fond of the DQ series yet).   

Yup, same here.  I've got I- III on the GBC, V, VI, and IX on the DS.  Really hope VII makes it over to America.