Will developers ever come to terms with the new 'downsized E3'? (Weekly Poll)

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

We've seen a lot of game developers drop out of the ESA lately and decide to skip E3 altogether. Surely we can't blame them, given that it probably costs a lot of resources just to participate in an event (that's now less important than it was) where you're bound to get overshadowed by the "Big Three" anyway.

Do you think these developers will eventually learn to suck it up and participate in E3? Or will we see more developers skip E3?

(And yes, I've finally updated our Weekly Poll :P )

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
NIce to see again. Yet, you didn't make a poll. Anyways, money is obviously an issue for companies to make up with. Most eyes are on the Big Three during E3. Developers may be looking to announce their games at smaller events so they are noticed.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

NIce to see again. Yet, you didn't make a poll. Anyways, money is obviously an issue for companies to make up with. Most eyes are on the Big Three during E3. Developers may be looking to announce their games at smaller events so they are noticed.HyruleanLink
:lol:

Yes, I seem to have forgotten the "poll" part of the "Weekly Poll". :P Sorry about that, I'll fix that now.

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts

[QUOTE="HyruleanLink"]NIce to see again. Yet, you didn't make a poll. Anyways, money is obviously an issue for companies to make up with. Most eyes are on the Big Three during E3. Developers may be looking to announce their games at smaller events so they are noticed.REVOLUTIONfreak

:lol:

Yes, I seem to have forgotten the "poll" part of the "Weekly Poll". :P Sorry about that, I'll fix that now.

I voted:lol:. I think they will get used to it in time. However, they will probably get more attention at different events.
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
I doubt they will really care as much. Personal events are becoming more standard for developers now anyway. And as it turns out the downsized e3 was really just last year in overall size. This year they are in LA again at the same place as before, just more strict about letting people get through security (it was never supposed to be more than a press event anyway).
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 SHUTupNrocK8
Member since 2006 • 18346 Posts

:lol:, Again, Resident Evil 5 is the only game I care about at E3, and Capcom will be there, so I'm good :P.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#7 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I am intrested in E3 and hoping to hear more about certain games like Resident Evil 5 and Sonic Unleashed.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SHUTupNrocK8

I am intrested in E3 and hoping to hear more about certain games like Resident Evil 5 and Sonic Unleashed.chocolate1325

To be honest, I don't want to hear one thing about RE5 except a release date and if it will be Co-op, BEcAuSE I DON'T WANT IT TO BE!!

gameman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gameman9
Member since 2004 • 5949 Posts

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]I am intrested in E3 and hoping to hear more about certain games like Resident Evil 5 and Sonic Unleashed.SHUTupNrocK8

To be honest, I don't want to hear one thing about RE5 except a release date and if it will be Co-op, BEcAuSE I DON'T WANT IT TO BE!!

Why don't you want RE5 to be co-op?

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chocolate1325
[QUOTE="SHUTupNrocK8"]

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]I am intrested in E3 and hoping to hear more about certain games like Resident Evil 5 and Sonic Unleashed.gameman9

Well I don't want it to be Co-op because I enjoy single player experiences like Super Mario 64 and Zelda Ocarina Of Time. Single player experiences are the best in my opinion and having someone annoying in the game doesn't seem to make it much fun.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SHUTupNrocK8

Why don't you want RE5 to be co-op?gameman9

Th gaME is no scary as it is.... having another person, cuts out ny scary part of the game.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
[QUOTE="gameman9"][QUOTE="SHUTupNrocK8"]

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]I am intrested in E3 and hoping to hear more about certain games like Resident Evil 5 and Sonic Unleashed.chocolate1325

Well I don't want it to be Co-op because I enjoy single player experiences like Super Mario 64 and Zelda Ocarina Of Time. Single player experiences are the best in my opinion and having someone annoying in the game doesn't seem to make it much fun.

You mention Zelda OOT yet you seem to forget about Navi. Anyway last I checked this thread wasn't about whether or not you want co-op in RE5 so let's back on topic and please guys keep all that RE5 crap in the OTT. E3 is dying and I think companies will soon only attend their own events.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chocolate1325
[QUOTE="chocolate1325"][QUOTE="gameman9"][QUOTE="SHUTupNrocK8"]

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]I am intrested in E3 and hoping to hear more about certain games like Resident Evil 5 and Sonic Unleashed.lebanese_boy

You mention Zelda OOT yet you seem to forget about Navi. Anyway last I checked this thread wasn't about whether or not you want co-op in RE5 so let's back on topic and please guys keep all that RE5 crap in the OTT. E3 is dying and I think companies will soon only attend their own events.

It isn't what it use to be but they are normally big announcements.
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
i care the most about Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sonys keynotes. the rest of the devs are better off holding their own events, with only press there so they'll get more time to play demos of games i want to know about.
777jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 777jon
Member since 2007 • 1362 Posts
I don't really care, as long as I hear from Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
Is it too much to ask for another poll REV? :P
MarioMainic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 MarioMainic
Member since 2006 • 10237 Posts
Lets revieve this union now im teh union reveiever of the century im helping to reive The pokemon league union and NOCU and the ENU union plz lets as join all to get and start new threads like New motion games from the game cube to the wii and The next mario game and the next LOZ game .