Metroid Prime 3: Corruption- Hype it here!

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, the last installment in the Metroid Prime trilogy, is hitting stores in less than two months... one month and twenty four days from the time of this post to be exact :P With its release so close, it is time for us to hype this game! So, what do you guys expect from this game ultimately? An epic adventure like before, obviously, but what about the new control scheme, skeptical? Excited?

Well, the one thing I can see already is that this game is the best looking game on Wii yet, and if you don't believe me take a gander at one of the new screens!

gameman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gameman9
Member since 2004 • 5949 Posts
It is a must buy for me.
ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 ihateelvis
Member since 2006 • 2380 Posts

Metroid Prime 3 is going to PWN! I am so unbelievably excited for this game, I want it to come out so bad!

Considering that the original Metroid Prime is my second-favourite game ever, and the fact that Echoes was also very good, I have very high expectations for this game. :D

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
Let's hope the framerate is as good as the graphics, perhaps better ? :P
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 SHUTupNrocK8
Member since 2006 • 18346 Posts
I really hope this is Wifi, from whatI read it isn't ... What a surprise. I really enjoyed Metriod Prime: Hunters on my DS.
sufian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sufian2
Member since 2005 • 566 Posts
Yup It's confirmed no multiplayer WiFi on Metroid Prime 3. I do however think that their will be some aspect of multiplayer.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 REVOLUTIONfreak
Yup It's confirmed no multiplayer WiFi on Metroid Prime 3. I do however think that their will be some aspect of multiplayer.sufian2
A news website reported a representative saying that there wouldn't be multiplayer, which includes online and offline multiplayer.
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
I'm liking the controls for Corruption. Also the visuals on this game is looking great as well.
Willdyer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Willdyer10
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts

It looks awesome! Lets hope they get the dam control system done properly.

Oh and online, you gotta have online - Ok it seems there currently won't be multiplayer, but if they could add multiplayer would you want to wait an extra couple of months for the game

ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ihateelvis

It looks awesome! Lets hope they get the dam control system done properly.

Oh and online, you gotta have online - Ok it seems there currently won't be multiplayer, but if they could add multiplayer would you want to wait an extra couple of months for the game

Willdyer10

I wouldn't want to wait, if it was anything like the multiplayer in Metroid Prime 2. If they can make an awesome multiplayer, more like what it was in Metroid Prime: Hunters, then maybe I'd be willing to wait. ;)

SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SHUTupNrocK8

[QUOTE="sufian2"]Yup It's confirmed no multiplayer WiFi on Metroid Prime 3. I do however think that their will be some aspect of multiplayer.REVOLUTIONfreak
A news website reported a representative saying that there wouldn't be multiplayer, which includes online and offline multiplayer.

See now, that dissapoints me. With such a great game, I think you would have to add it. But I can see why they wouldn't, picking only Samus would be boring. In Metriod Prime: Hunters, you have at least 5 different bosses to choose from in multiplayer. But I'm not going to buy this game now because of that reason. I hope it doesn't discourage many more.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lebanese_boy

[QUOTE="sufian2"]Yup It's confirmed no multiplayer WiFi on Metroid Prime 3. I do however think that their will be some aspect of multiplayer.REVOLUTIONfreak

Did they mention anything about WiiConnect24 ? Because it there's no support for Multiplayer + no support for WiiConnect24 then this is a true disapointment .... unless the single player mode is excellent and mindblowing.

SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SHUTupNrocK8

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="sufian2"]Yup It's confirmed no multiplayer WiFi on Metroid Prime 3. I do however think that their will be some aspect of multiplayer.lebanese_boy

Did they mention anything about WiiConnect24 ? Because it there's no support for Multiplayer + no support for WiiConnect24 then this is a true disapointment .... unless the single player mode is excellent and mindblowing.

I would have to think it would be since theres no multiplayer at all like REVfreak mentioned.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="sufian2"]Yup It's confirmed no multiplayer WiFi on Metroid Prime 3. I do however think that their will be some aspect of multiplayer.SHUTupNrocK8

I would have to think it would be since theres no multiplayer at all like REVfreak mentioned.

That would be the only option left to improve the replay value.

SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SHUTupNrocK8
Well, in Resident Evil 4, you have to beat the game to unlock many unlockables such as the Mercaneries, Professional Mode, Many Infinite Ammo Guns, and other games modes. The one that struck me the most was "Seperate Ways" because you get to play as Ada and see what see went through and how see came along to run into Leon the whole game. What I'm trying to say is that Resident Evil 4 has great replay value because of all the unlockable and guns to tare up some zombies up and maybe Metriod Prime 3: Corruption will have many unlockables and other game modes. And I would hope it has a great storyline along with it.
ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ihateelvis

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="sufian2"]Yup It's confirmed no multiplayer WiFi on Metroid Prime 3. I do however think that their will be some aspect of multiplayer.lebanese_boy

It's a Metroid Prime game on a console; a good single-player campaign is a given. :P

SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SHUTupNrocK8
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="sufian2"]Yup It's confirmed no multiplayer WiFi on Metroid Prime 3. I do however think that their will be some aspect of multiplayer.ihateelvis

It's a Metroid Prime game on a console; a good single-player campaign is a given. :P

Are all Metriod Prime Console game usually long? I still didn't beat Metriod Prime: Hunters on the DS yet ... Very Good ... I have to start playing again!

ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ihateelvis
[QUOTE="ihateelvis"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="sufian2"]Yup It's confirmed no multiplayer WiFi on Metroid Prime 3. I do however think that their will be some aspect of multiplayer.SHUTupNrocK8

Are all Metriod Prime Console game usually long? I still didn't beat Metriod Prime: Hunters on the DS yet ... Very Good ... I have to start playing again!

No......Metroid Prime: Hunters is PITIFUL compared to the ones on the consoles, the only thing Hunters had going for it was the online. Hunters is linear and boring, whereas the console Metroid Primes were of decent length, challenging, and large overworlds.

But remember, this is just my opinion on Hunters. Others may vary.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 REVOLUTIONfreak

My assumption would be that there isn't any use of WiiConnect24, for downloadable content or online play, mainly because the boxart didn't have a Wi-Fi logo. And we all know that developers will slap on a Wi-Fi logo even if it so much as uses Wi-Fi for the tiniest and stupidest thing.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lebanese_boy

*Sigh*

Well the single player mode has to be mind-blowing for them not to input any kind of online or multiplayer support. For some reasons, I still have hope for this game; MP wasn't so good IMO and I didn't play MP2 but MPH was ok ... in terms on single-player mode, so MP3 would better be real good.

dumb_person1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 dumb_person1
Member since 2006 • 526 Posts
It sounds like an awesome game, hope that it can be a good one though.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts

I don't know. I've honestly never been a "huge" fan of the console MP games. They were both great, but I found the story and the fact that you have to scan everything to be excrutiatingly annoying. Maybe I'll try to get into the MP3 story, assuming it doesn't tie in too heavily with previous games.

I'm expecting 8.5 or 9.0 for this game. (How boring are AAA games gonna be because of this new rating system? -_-)

SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SHUTupNrocK8
With this game and like every other game I have, I'll see how people review it and rate it. I don't want to buy something I don't like, plus this will be the first Metriod Prime console game I'll be playing except the time I played it on my Friend Gamecube (It's was really good.)
tavisito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tavisito
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts
i agree man u are so right this is a must buy! u forgot to say one thing though this game is going to completely own and will become the #1 game! although i believe mario kart for the wii will give alot of comp. but overall this gamw looks sick, sounds sick so far from everything i heard about it! but yeah i give it 10 already!
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SHUTupNrocK8

i agree man u are so right this is a must buy! u forgot to say one thing though this game is going to completely own and will become the #1 game! although i believe mario kart for the wii will give alot of comp. but overall this gamw looks sick, sounds sick so far from everything i heard about it! but yeah i give it 10 already!tavisito

Well, from my point of view ... Metriod Prime 3 will be great with it's single payer and all, but I don't think it would have any competion with SSBB or Mario Kart Wii just because Mario Kart is going Wifi and SSBB many too, but also SSBB is just going to be one big party game which everyone can love and that will draw more people to it. Metriod Prime is just a game one person could enjoy.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 REVOLUTIONfreak

[QUOTE="tavisito"]i agree man u are so right this is a must buy! u forgot to say one thing though this game is going to completely own and will become the #1 game! although i believe mario kart for the wii will give alot of comp. but overall this gamw looks sick, sounds sick so far from everything i heard about it! but yeah i give it 10 already!SHUTupNrocK8

Well, from my point of view ... Metriod Prime 3 will be great with it's single payer and all, but I don't think it would have any competion with SSBB or Mario Kart Wii just because Mario Kart is going Wifi and SSBB many too, but also SSBB is just going to be one big party game which everyone can love and that will draw more people to it. Metriod Prime is just a game one person could enjoy.

You're kidding right? Mario Kart and SSBB are great games and all, for multiplayer and such, but they don't compete quality-wise and artistically compared to Metroid Prime. You know, if there is one thing that really bothers me, its when people undermine a game for being single player only. Isn't that how games started in the first place, single player? Look back at the greatest games of all time, Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy (VII in particular), Castlevania, Metal Gear,they're all single player games. None of them involve multiplayer, not one.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SHUTupNrocK8
[QUOTE="SHUTupNrocK8"]

[QUOTE="tavisito"]i agree man u are so right this is a must buy! u forgot to say one thing though this game is going to completely own and will become the #1 game! although i believe mario kart for the wii will give alot of comp. but overall this gamw looks sick, sounds sick so far from everything i heard about it! but yeah i give it 10 already!REVOLUTIONfreak

You're kidding right? Mario Kart and SSBB are great games and all, for multiplayer and such, but they don't compete quality-wise and artistically compared to Metroid Prime. You know, if there is one thing that really bothers me, its when people undermine a game for being single player only. Isn't that how games started in the first place, single player? Look back at the greatest games of all time, Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy (VII in particular), Castlevania, Metal Gear,they're all single player games. None of them involve multiplayer, not one.

Very true, good point REV, but keep one thing in mind ... I've never played a Metriod Console game so I can easily underestimate it. I'm sorry if I did so to much, but I've always played the Mario Karts and Smash Bros.' and thought they were the elite. I love Samus alittle, She's one of my favorite Nintendo Character's because I only use her in Smash Bros. and After playing Hunters I loved it. One thing about my point of view that my be oddly true is that, many people like Multiplayer more than Single Player because you can actaully compete against humans (I guess you can put it that way :lol:.) Anyways, me, myself, I love Single Player mode actually 100 times more than Multiplayer ... If you actually think about it, I've never really like a huge Mutliplayer platform game like Halo, Gears of War, etc. I've always loved the single player platforms like Metal Gear Solid (One of my Favorite franchises,) Resident Evil (My favorite franchise of single player,) Oblivion is one of the greatest game ever made for the 360. And when I play the Call of Duty's, hard to believe, I only play the Single Player if I do play it except for Call of Duty 2 - The had the best Multiplayer ever. Assain Creed, Alone in the Dark, Resident Evil 5, etc. are going to rock and their single player ... I think I'm getting away from your point :P. Well, basecailly your right and I'm sorry because I really don't have the right to say anything because I've never really played a Console Metriod Game, and Single Player game are before, in my opinion, than Mutliplayers.