[GOTY Award 2] Best Downloadable content [game or extra content]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Hey all

This thread is for the nominating of your favourite downloadable content from 2009. This can be full titles made available only on digital distribution or best piece of DLC for a game you have.

Examples:

Fallout 3 Broken Steel DLC

Flower - PSN Title

Torchlight - Steam title

Please post why you have picked the item you have but try to avoid posting spoilers.

Thank you.

Caml10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Caml10
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
Torchlight is tempting, but I'mma have to go with Braid for PC.
Ahmed_KH_AKEEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ahmed_KH_AKEEM
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts
i will go with falout dlc broken steel
kevinjia32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 kevinjia32
Member since 2005 • 1278 Posts

Ballad of Gay Tony, GTA IV DLC.

Hopefully that wasn't censored.

DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 DeadManRollin
Member since 2003 • 4415 Posts
Guys, please let us know why you are nominating these titles.
Caml10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Caml10
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts

K, my two nominations:

Torchlight-  First game since Diablo II to offer Diablo II's excellent style of addictive click->kill->loot-festing. A very clean, well-presented, and well-executed game that offers remarkable depth and replayability for something that takes up so little space on your hard drive, uses so little computing power (it even has a "Netbook Mode"), and is so accessible to people that may not have played it's spiritual predecessors, not to mention being quite light on the wallet for a game that all but guarantees 30 hours of demonslaying hijinks. Not revolutionary, but pulls of one of the best combinations of polish, promise, and price I've seen since, well, my next nomination.

Braid (PC)- An obvious, funny, and poignant homage to classic platforming that also happens to be incredibly creative. Great art design, extraordinary music, and gameplay that is all at once familiar and revolutionary. A beautiful representation of classic platforming and incredibly creative and mind-warping puzzles comparable only to the equally excellent Portal. Not to mention pretty much every computer made in the past 5 years (at least) can run it and it's only 10 bucks. 

Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Faller88
Member since 2006 • 7277 Posts
Tales Of Monkey Island, handsdown. Torchlight's a close second, andSecret Of Monkey Island comes third. I've finished Braid on X360, I did''nt like it, never played it again afterwards.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 garfield360uk
I will also go with Torchlight on PC, its quite a nice game and completly unexpected for myself to enjoy it (as I tend to shy away from RPGs).
DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DeadManRollin
I really need to buy Torchlight.....need an alternative to DAO and fallout 3 isn't my cup of coffee so far.
Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts
The Ballad of Gay Tony GTA IV(one of the reasons I wish to buy a 360).
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 garfield360uk

Torchlight wins this category.

This is because Caml10 made some very good points about value of the game for the gameplay offered and the package as a whole. The accessability means more can play it who have a varied range of PC specifications. Other games could have won this if more thought was put into the answers as why should I pick say GTA Balad of Gay Tony when nobdoy gives me any reasons to pick it.

Discusion was needed more here I feel, I am not very comfortable with this being a qualatitive pick than a quantative pick (i.e. picking the best answer rather than the most popular) as nobody has discussed these responses at all and it has made this very very hard work.

DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DeadManRollin

You did a great job, Garfield. I, too, wished that there would be more discussion, but still I want to opt for qualitative picks more. That would give the officers some interesting jobs to do.

Congratulations to Torchlight! 

pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pai-may
Member since 2008 • 4101 Posts
Who has played torchlight and is anyone willing to write a quick summary of the game, ie a bit of plot with spoiler alerts and hwo the game plays etc.