Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Faller88
Member since 2006 • 7277 Posts

Trying to descide whether or not to buy this, wont Be playing online, so gotta See if the campaign's Worth it.

AnyWay, what do you guys think of it????

Some info.....

Gears of War 2 puts its predecessor's award-winning gameplay on a much larger scale as the battle for humanity's survival continues. Lead Marcus Fenix and Delta squad as you battle hordes of enemy Locust in an effort to save the world and reunite Dom with his estranged wife, Maria.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
I am thinking of buying this along with Call of Duty World at War. I was on Gears of War 1 yesterday and enjoyed the multiplayer as the tactical elements add to the game and co-op is fun as well.
Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Faller88
Problem with the online is, after two weeks, those playing 24-7 Will Be killing Me in 5 Seconds.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 garfield360uk
True but I dont do the ranked matches myself due to this. I play social matches and get friends on the game or people I did the co-op with I will get into matches. I dont play it loads myself but I could see myself having Gears of War 2 and Call of Duty 5 take over my Halo 3 and COD2 gaming habits of the past for multiplayer but Fable 2 is my main game being played for full games currently.
rikhan_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#5 rikhan_z
Member since 2005 • 3410 Posts

As long as someone knows all the weapons and controls and have a strong experience in video games, they can take over any game... the same happened to me in UT3... I was always one of the top 3 in the Warfare mode in some of the matches.

I haven't really played GoW to be honested... I was too occipuied with UT3

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 garfield360uk

Yeah, I mean I was 2-0 down on a social game but we managed to get to 2-2 with hard work and patience, we learnt each others skills so we played to that rather than rushing. This ment team work and waiting for them to attack us and holding ground which is the key thing. If you hold the ground they have to attack you and if you get your team positioned well then its sorted.

You seem to have good gaming knowledge Faller so you would be fine on social games, ranked is more hardcore and I cant handle the milli second precession which makes the difference, especially with the boomshot etc so I stick to social unranked games.

Benny_is_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Benny_is_here
Member since 2004 • 10084 Posts

I really didn't play any mutliplayer in Gears of War, but my views on competetive multiplayer has changed since then. I'd love to do some online in Gears of War 2 with you guys. Social games FTW here as well, unless there are achievements in the mix...

Not sure when it comes out in Europe, but I'll be getting it alongside Fallout 3 and Fable II soon. I planned on getting F3 and FII (see what I did there?) earlier, but I felt like I was too busy. I have more time now.

GoldFalcon25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 GoldFalcon25
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts

I played a little Gears of War ranked when it came out, but the people there are simply too intense of players. They take everything way too seriously like it's going to be the end of the world for them.

However, Gears is kind of designed that way. Even in social matches with my friends, tensions would start running very high because of the intensity of the game itself. It's simply amazing how Epic made Gears. Even the most patient and calm person will eventually succumb to the fast-paced brawling and competitiveness of Gears.

I look forward most to the Five-man co-op mode where you fight growing hordes of Locust together and as long as one man stay alive till the next wave, you all regenerate. I think it looks incredibly exciting. :D

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 garfield360uk

I really didn't play any mutliplayer in Gears of War, but my views on competetive multiplayer has changed since then. I'd love to do some online in Gears of War 2 with you guys. Social games FTW here as well, unless there are achievements in the mix...

Not sure when it comes out in Europe, but I'll be getting it alongside Fallout 3 and Fable II soon. I planned on getting F3 and FII (see what I did there?) earlier, but I felt like I was too busy. I have more time now.

Benny_is_here

Fallout 3 is good I hear, I am tempted to get it but things like Gears of War 2 and COD 5 are appealing (as are MC4 and Far Cry 2), bleh, decisions.

Horde mode sounds fun, as long as its done well.

Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Faller88

You seem to have good gaming knowledge Faller so you would be fine on social games, ranked is more hardcore and I cant handle the milli second precession which makes the difference, especially with the boomshot etc so I stick to social unranked games.

Garfield360UK

Yeah, I enjoy some online multiplayer for a few hours every couple of months. I Will generally do allright, since every shooters mechanics are basically the same as any other ever since GoldenEye. But since I preffer using stealth and more ""hands off" tactics like sniping, a game alla Call Of Duty is more for Me.Bigger maps and more players. Thats acctually My main problem with online Gears Of War, since maps are generally small, and there are only 4 players (5 In Gears Of War II.), is that its much based on "brawler" like shooting.

Also, enemies take to long to go down. Thats way when people do the oldfashioned "Resistance VS Gears" fanboy argument, I'll Always take the Resistance side (Not buying Resistance II I Might add, even sold The Original without Finishing The Campaign.). Why???? Gears has less enemies, that take more damage, and Resistance has Hordes of enemies that go down Pretty quickly.Essentially, the dificullty is the same, Resistance just cathers more To My Play Style.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 garfield360uk
Thats cool, each to their own. I quite like the AI on Gears as it makes you be more tactical, you cant just run and gun. However, I also like Call of Duty for that reason of being able to take somebody out with a couple of shots. I go round in cycles with them. I can see why you wont like it so what you say I respect and tend to agree with some of your points although I just play any games myself XD
Benny_is_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Benny_is_here

I've had a lot of fun with Gears of War 2 since I got it. It really is far better than the first. I especially like the way they handle achievements this time, with them being easier and the countdowns and such.

As for the health, I actually prefer big, regenerating health bars like in Halo and Gears. It gives more suspense and sense of accomplishment to it, I feel.

kevinjia32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 kevinjia32
Member since 2005 • 1278 Posts
I've always hated GOF. Too unrealistic to be honest, and way too irrelevant sometimes. Few weapons choices in GOF 1. Mostly you just pull out your chain saw and hack people to death. Fun the first few times, after that, it's just boring.
GoldFalcon25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GoldFalcon25
I completely agree with you there, man. I'm more of a "hands off" person myself. In COD4 I always ran around with a silenced MP5, radar jammer, and the extra sprint perk so I could be nice and quiet. I enjoyed getting behind enemy lines without anyone noticing and dishing out some stealhy pain!

However, for Gears of War, it is possible to have a "hands off" style of play. It's much more difficult to do, but if a skilled player can pull it off, they can be extremely deadly. I've done it before and may I say, people panic when you're someone who can unleash stealth tactics on Gears. It generally just involves a sniper rifle and patience, waiting in a dark spot for the perfect moment to strike...then, once you do, move and move fast. Don't let anyone catch up to you. Rinse and repeat. :

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 garfield360uk

I've always hated GOF. Too unrealistic to be honest, and way too irrelevant sometimes. Few weapons choices in GOF 1. Mostly you just pull out your chain saw and hack people to death. Fun the first few times, after that, it's just boring.kevinjia32

What is it you mean by irrelevant out of interest?

I completely agree with you there, man. I'm more of a "hands off" person myself. In COD4 I always ran around with a silenced MP5, radar jammer, and the extra sprint perk so I could be nice and quiet. I enjoyed getting behind enemy lines without anyone noticing and dishing out some stealhy pain!

However, for Gears of War, it is possible to have a "hands off" style of play. It's much more difficult to do, but if a skilled player can pull it off, they can be extremely deadly. I've done it before and may I say, people panic when you're someone who can unleash stealth tactics on Gears. It generally just involves a sniper rifle and patience, waiting in a dark spot for the perfect moment to strike...then, once you do, move and move fast. Don't let anyone catch up to you. Rinse and repeat. :

GoldFalcon25

Yeah this is hard to do online, I try different tactics as I am not highly into the online on Gears of War myself.

kevinjia32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 kevinjia32
Member since 2005 • 1278 Posts
Well for instance, you and your team go out and you have to kill I don't remember what the name of the thing you're killing is, apparantly, you have to kill it. So you send out this satellite beam of distruction and it dies. Why did we just do that? I don't see the reason.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 garfield360uk

It was a big enemey so you needed to have alot of firepower. I can see what your saying as the hammer of Dawn cant fire through buidlings yet it can on open world (thats explained as your guidence system needs to be in contact with the satalite). I could see that being a good teamwork opportunity but I thought overall it was pretty good. I like the game in co-op but single player not so much as it was overley hard sometimes.

Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Faller88

Well.......Broke Down And Bought it. Saw The Limited Edition in the shop, I'm a sucker for Making Offs.......AnyWay, Not regretting it, the small and Dark corridors of the First game that I soo despised seem to be gone, though I'm not that far in yet, starting the Third Chapter.The part where you ride that big Tank Like Thing is AweSome.

AnyWay, I'll try out the stealth tactics you spoke of mate......Just have to find a sniper rifle though.(Online multiplayer hasnt worked for Me so far for some strange Reason.

I'm sure I've mentioned it SomeWhere before, but if anyone's up for a match, I'm new to Gears, but been playing shooters Pretty much since the likes of Doom and Duke Nukem 3D, So I can Hold My Own, or for any other game for that Mater, Feel Free to add Me, Name's Noxpectus.

Benny_is_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Benny_is_here

Well for instance, you and your team go out and you have to kill I don't remember what the name of the thing you're killing is, apparantly, you have to kill it. So you send out this satellite beam of distruction and it dies. Why did we just do that? I don't see the reason.kevinjia32

We did it because we could. If you recall, one of your teammates goes "why don't we use it all the time?" and then Anya says it can only be used outside when the satellite is aligned.

But this is something that happened in Gears of War 1. Cliff was not joking when he said the sequel is "bigger, better and more badass". It really is.

[spoiler] You ride a Brumak, for crying out loud. [/spoiler]

GoldFalcon25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GoldFalcon25

I mean, the Hammer of Dawn is a great weapon and all, but if you add to the fact that you can only use it when conditions are perfect AND that you're left completely vulnerable while you're unleashing that torrent of death, it really isn't all that phenomenal.

However, I must say it has an excellent psychological effect on your opponents. I love it when people go running once they see that beam of death drop from the sky :D!

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 garfield360uk

Well.......Broke Down And Bought it. Saw The Limited Edition in the shop, I'm a sucker for Making Offs.......AnyWay, Not regretting it, the small and Dark corridors of the First game that I soo despised seem to be gone, though I'm not that far in yet, starting the Third Chapter.The part where you ride that big Tank Like Thing is AweSome.

AnyWay, I'll try out the stealth tactics you spoke of mate......Just have to find a sniper rifle though.(Online multiplayer hasnt worked for Me so far for some strange Reason.

I'm sure I've mentioned it SomeWhere before, but if anyone's up for a match, I'm new to Gears, but been playing shooters Pretty much since the likes of Doom and Duke Nukem 3D, So I can Hold My Own, or for any other game for that Mater, Feel Free to add Me, Name's Noxpectus.

Faller88

If you mean Gears 1 a game thats cool, we could try and get more on if Benny and others want a game? I disliked the tank part on number 1, I had over 10 attempts at that level on co-op as we allways missed a jump at the end I think it was.

GoldFalcon25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GoldFalcon25

If you meant Gears 2, then I'm going to eventually pick it up. I'd love to try out Horde mode and get farther into the storyline that is Gears. Yeah, definitely try out those stealth ideas. It's hard to do, but if you can manage it and do it right, then people will be very surprised.

All I can say is, get a Sniper Rifle, find a dark corner, and start picking them off.

But if you miss, run and run fast or prepare for a fight. Whichever you prefer. Make sure that if you run, constantly move between cover to disorient your opponents and to help block any incoming fire.

Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Faller88
[QUOTE="Faller88"]

Garfield360UK

If you mean Gears 1 a game thats cool, we could try and get more on if Benny and others want a game? I disliked the tank part on number 1, I had over 10 attempts at that level on co-op as we allways missed a jump at the end I think it was.

If you guys Ever wanna put together a game, count Me in. My 360 disc reader is pretty busted so I'm gonna send it in for repairs next week, so then I cant play for 3 weeks, but I can still burn WhatEver game on My hardrive and play this week.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 garfield360uk
Ah cool, let us know if you want a game. PM me when you want a game and I can see what times are best as if you are in USA I am 5 hours ahead so obviously 9PM USA time wont be good for me.
Benny_is_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Benny_is_here
If you guys are planning something I would like to join as well. I don't play this game online much, but I could join you for some chainsawdomizing.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 garfield360uk
Cool, I am up for playing it whenever so let me know what times you want and I shall try and sort something out. I am busy some days and some nights at work so cant game then so let me know soon.
Benny_is_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Benny_is_here
Maybe we should just message each other if we're both online. Like I said, I don't play this game online, so it's really not a big deal.
Zeromus1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Zeromus1337
Member since 2008 • 15955 Posts
I'm only going to have the game for 1 more day. Overall, it was a great experience.