garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

With E3 fast approaching, use this thread to discuss anything you wish about E3 here.

Obviously for big announcments (such as Gears of War going to PS3? Mario on Xbox etc, random ones I made up note, they are not confirmed) then seperate threads seem reasonable.

So, with Microsoft's press conference starting in just short of 3 hours, what will we be expecting? I heard on the grapevine that we may be seeing a Crysis 2 game on XBox 360/PS3/PC which sounds cool.

Disucss

pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 pai-may
Member since 2008 • 4101 Posts
I believe garfield, that they are unveiling Crysis 3 engine for 360 and ps3, no idea what game though.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 garfield360uk

Wow, I didnt actually expect MGS to come to Xbox 360 and the motion control looked like it could work with say Sam and Max or an RTS game as it seems pretty acurate what your movements are.

Alan Wake, Splinter Cell, Forza 3, basically all the rumoured stuff was true. Just needed something more at the end than the tamagotchi thing.

Benny_is_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Benny_is_here
Member since 2004 • 10084 Posts
You have no idea how many times I said DUDE, WHAT??? during this press conference. They really topped themself this year. Forza 3, Splinter Cell and Halo ODST are my top three showings. Hopefully the EA conference will have some Mass Effect 2 in half an hour.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 garfield360uk

Yeah, I actually jumped when Kojima came on stage just behind the Xbox dude as I didnt see him until he was literally right behind him and then I was like "Oh NO you didnt!".

The new Halo (not ODST but the ohter Halo bungie game) looks good, I was impressed with everything bar Splinter Cell (could be awesome and equally could be terrible, depends how they work it) and Alan Wake (looks too horror stuff for me). I only would have liked the camera to show less gimicky games and also have some more games like Assassins Creed 2, Mass Effect 2 etc. When the Epic team came on I was like "woah! Gears 3 already!!!!" but it turned out they didnt, shame as that or a new IP would have been awesome.

pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pai-may
Garfield, are you really surprised Microsoft owned at E3? Sony are busy with their piece of crap hardware ps3 and Nintendo are still trying to push the wii fit to a gaming audience that wants more. As fans of 360 we get ME2, a MGS game and some new Halo stuff. Very cool. What did epic announce BTW?
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 garfield360uk

It was a mediocer looking XBLA game in the mold of Bionic Commando -I would just say that but more zoomed in on the screen perhaps and glitches which allow you to spam kill the boss :P

I was happy with it, just they could have done with a few more games shown from third parties at the end and something major for Natal. The PS3 can easily win this still as everything shown at Microsoft was already rumoured or all but confirmed (like the Forza 3 menu screens we saw at Ultimate Racers Paradise a few weeks ago which were spot on by the look of it).

I just want Uncharted 2 on Xbox :cry:

DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 DeadManRollin
Member since 2003 • 4409 Posts
It was amazing to see Ringo and Paul McCartney in the Rock Band Beatles introduction! I think that game's gonna be one of the best sellers of Q4 2009 as well as 2010!
Benny_is_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Benny_is_here

It was a mediocer looking XBLA game in the mold of Bionic Commando -I would just say that but more zoomed in on the screen perhaps and glitches which allow you to spam kill the boss :P

I was happy with it, just they could have done with a few more games shown from third parties at the end and something major for Natal. The PS3 can easily win this still as everything shown at Microsoft was already rumoured or all but confirmed (like the Forza 3 menu screens we saw at Ultimate Racers Paradise a few weeks ago which were spot on by the look of it).

I just want Uncharted 2 on Xbox :cry:

Garfield360UK

I think we can all agree Sony has a lot of catching up to do. Even though a lot of the stuff was already leaked, it was still an amazing conference just in terms of punches they threw at Sony.

And I literally squealed when Kojima came on. I don't even care about Metal Gear, I just love seeing Microsoft tormenting Sony like this.

I1yodsyo1I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 I1yodsyo1I
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

Project Natal looked interesting, but Microsoft seems to copy whatever Nintendo comes up with (Avatars rip off Miis, and Natal rips off Wii-mote and eyetoy) Although it looks promising to the family demographic, I'm not as excited when they announced that Microsoft is pushing this accessory to hardcore games. Does anybody really want to pretend to saw a Locust in half in Gears? Or pretend to be a Spartan-II in reach? Or pretend to drive in Burnout? No thanks.

This announcement among others doesn't compare to this one (to me): GOLDEN SUN DS!!! FINALLY EPIC PWNAGE ZOMGBBQ!11!1one!

Benny_is_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Benny_is_here
The more the merrier I say. Project Natal doesn't look like it will be that fun or even work with Hardcore gamers, but I'm not going to be mad at them for trying.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 garfield360uk
Yeah for sure, the industry would go stale if we just got the same hardware and software every year.
pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pai-may
Project Natal seems very gimmicky.
despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts

I was really impressed with E3 a lot of good games were announced and I was surprised the most with Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M (Team Ninja is also working on this game)

I'm also looking forward to Final Fantasy 14 too.