hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 hendrix29
Member since 2006 • 10960 Posts
What unions were fantastic in their day, but seem to have faded off? I'd like to know because I haven't been in unions for a long time(my first union was last October), so I'd find it interesting to know of some older unions that are good.
-Masterchef-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 -Masterchef-
Member since 2007 • 10244 Posts
Sanctuary union started out good, but it's dying.
J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts
Well, my union started off pretty well, but it has somewhat died lately. hendrix29 helped a lot with recruiting, but I am finding it hard to keep people interested, there is not much discussion happening.
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts

I'd say the Writer's Union, it used to be pretty active but now its kind of dead. Even I have not gone there in a while.

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hendrix29
what do you think is the cause of all these dying unions?
J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 J-Man725

what do you think is the cause of all these dying unions?hendrix29

Lack of new discussion.

For instance, it is easier for a union that deals with a subject like the GTA series, because there will always be new discussion, about an upcoming GTA game or a current GTA. But for other unions, such as my Classic Rock Union, it is a bit harder, since there is not as much to discuss, topics get worn down, over used, there isn't much original discussion.

Cheers

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ghost_Warrior
Yeah lack of new discussion is the big thing. Other reason could be the lack of involvement by the union leader, the Mass Effect Union was suffering from this because the leader hadn't been on gamespot in months and then we finally got a hold of him and he appointed a new leader who is doing a better job. Now were trying to get that union going again.
uas-2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 uas-2001
Member since 2005 • 18781 Posts

Most of the time it's the leader on contributing enough. If you want people to post you got to post loads of new topics for members to post in.

I find that a lot of people either don't like posting new topics or don't know what to post about so we leaders have to help them. I help the members of my unions like this and now I have a few members who have got ideas from the topics i made and made topics of their own which helps build the unions.

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f3a1e8420
deactivated-6016f3a1e8420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 deactivated-6016f3a1e8420
Member since 2005 • 112042 Posts

There is a Megaman and Zero Union, not sure if the name of the union is correct but anyways, that union was one of the best, the leader disappeared for a month and activity faded.... rapidly....

Same goes for my union, frm wht I heard, it had posters posting like crazy every second but the Leader got banned and then the union was dead for months until I came and did stuff... Still it's pretty slow....

It's mostly the leaders. A new leader arrives thn everyone leaves...

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hendrix29
I think activity of all unions could be fading anyway, but let's hope some unions remain active.
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghost_Warrior

I think activity of all unions could be fading anyway, but let's hope some unions remain active.hendrix29

I think your right, my union is lower in activity right now as are many other unions but I think once the union updates are completed we should see the activity pick up again.

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hendrix29

yeah, that is something I'm hoping for. As much as I hate the level system, it did raise union activity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6016f3a1e8420

yeah, that is something I'm hoping for. As much as I hate the level system, it did raise union activity.

hendrix29

The level system is dead since this year's Jan

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hendrix29
[QUOTE="hendrix29"]

UltraZero

The level system is dead since this year's Jan

I know, that's what I was talking about...

Battlehead90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Battlehead90
Member since 2004 • 1743 Posts
Mine was hot in the begining but has died in the past months, only until now has it been picking up thanks to Ace Combat 6.
Battlehead90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Battlehead90
Member since 2004 • 1743 Posts
Mine was hot in the begining but has died in the past months, only until now has it been picking up thanks to Ace Combat 6.
-Masterchef-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Masterchef-
Member since 2007 • 10244 Posts
I think activity of all unions could be fading anyway, but let's hope some unions remain active.hendrix29

Liquid Designs will always remain active.
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hendrix29

[QUOTE="hendrix29"]I think activity of all unions could be fading anyway, but let's hope some unions remain active.-Masterchef-

true, and so will likely the Overclocking and PC Tweaking Union, but I just wonder how long most unions will remain active.

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 J-Man725

[QUOTE="-Masterchef-"][QUOTE="hendrix29"]I think activity of all unions could be fading anyway, but let's hope some unions remain active.hendrix29

true, and so will likely the Overclocking and PC Tweaking Union, but I just wonder how long most unions will remain active.

I guess thats pretty much one of the main keys with trying to start a succcessful union, base it on something that people need. Liquid designs will always be around, because people are always looking for new banners, sigs, avaters, etc, for personal uses as well as for unions. Thats one of the reasons I think this union will be successful, once it becomes well known throughout GS, that we help people with unions and such, I think more leaders will be eager to come here with questions/comments/concerns about unions.

Cheers

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hendrix29
[QUOTE="hendrix29"]

[QUOTE="-Masterchef-"][QUOTE="hendrix29"]I think activity of all unions could be fading anyway, but let's hope some unions remain active.J-Man725

I guess thats pretty much one of the main keys with trying to start a succcessful union, base it on something that people need. Liquid designs will always be around, because people are always looking for new banners, sigs, avaters, etc, for personal uses as well as for unions. Thats one of the reasons I think this union will be successful, once it becomes well known throughout GS, that we help people with unions and such, I think more leaders will be eager to come here with questions/comments/concerns about unions.

Cheers

wouldn't it be funny if the top union on gamespot was a union about unions?

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 J-Man725
[QUOTE="J-Man725"][QUOTE="hendrix29"]

[QUOTE="-Masterchef-"][QUOTE="hendrix29"]I think activity of all unions could be fading anyway, but let's hope some unions remain active.hendrix29

Cheers

It could happen :P

Irony of that magnitude is known to happen on GS..haha.

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ghost_Warrior

Cheers

Yes it would.

just4yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 just4yoshi
Member since 2003 • 5621 Posts
Well, one of the top unions is a union about gamespot (actually, I think there are several of them that make the top list). Those have also been around for a long time...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6016f3a1e8420

Cheers

Yeah, Ironic

Teh_Jakester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Teh_Jakester
Member since 2006 • 12436 Posts

What unions were fantastic in their day, but seem to have faded off?hendrix29

Lessee...It all started in December 2006. I said, ha, I'll make a union for the hell of it. I got it formed, and it was reasonably active until I had a 4-month suspension from GS. Ha. Now it's almost dead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6016f3a1e8420

[QUOTE="hendrix29"]What unions were fantastic in their day, but seem to have faded off?Teh_Jakester

Lessee...It all started in December 2006. I said, ha, I'll make a union for the hell of it. I got it formed, and it was reasonably active until I had a 4-month suspension from GS. Ha. Now it's almost dead.

You got suspended for??

Teh_Jakester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Teh_Jakester
Member since 2006 • 12436 Posts
Abuse.
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghost_Warrior

Samething happened with the Xbox Live Gamercard Union, the union was doing pretty well and the leader was determined to make it great and then he got banned, now it hasn't really grown since then.

crimsoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 crimsoni
Member since 2007 • 5247 Posts
Sanctuary union started out good, but it's dying.-Masterchef-
Its being revived ;)