ShaunyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ShaunyP
Member since 2007 • 5803 Posts
I just had this thought about why Dracula never gets the point and always comes back. Does anyone have any reason why he won't die?
CyberDragon10K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CyberDragon10K
Member since 2006 • 770 Posts

He comes back because evil people don't know how to leave the poor guy the **** alone. :/

Besides his centennial reincarnation, I don't think there have been many times his early revivals have been of his own will. It's the other humans who consistently call Dracula back from the abyss. He just takes advantage of the situation (as much as he can) while he's around. :]

HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HushRong
Member since 2008 • 13183 Posts

he is evil, an you always need evil to be around otherwise there is no reason to have the belmonts an thus...konami cant make money.

but serioussnessly...i guess he is an immortal and the embodiment of pure evil(even though i barely remember him causing trouble outside his castle). "killing" him just weakens him greatly. also, when he is "reborn" its in a new body...so thats why he always looks a lil different if i remember.

interesting topic, think i want to look it up...just gotta make sure its canon with CV

HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HushRong

found it on Wikipedia, which is all knowing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula_%28Castlevania%29

from Lament of Innocence

Originally named Mathias Cronqvist (マティアス・クロンクビスト, Matiasu Kuronkubisuto?), it was during this time when he was best of friends with a man known as Leon Belmont. (This name may be a reference to Matthias Corvinus of Hungary a man known to have had ties with the real, historical Vlad Dracula.) Together, the two formed an undefeatable company, that fought in the name of God. Mathias served as the tactical genius, while Leon was a warrior without peer. However, shortly after losing his wife, Elisabetha Cronqvist, Mathias would become bedridden and would reveal to Leon that his own betrothed, Sara Trantoul, had been kidnapped by the vampire, Walter Bernhard, and taken to a castle within the Forest of Eternal Night.

It was a plot. Mathias had come up with a brilliant plan. Blaming God for taking his wife away from him, he turned to evil and was merely using Leon to kill Walter so he could steal the vampire's soul with the use of the Crimson Stone. After Leon defeated Walter, Mathias disappeared, changed his name to "Lord of the Vampires, King of the Night," and then became Count Dracula.

At the end of the game, it is revealed that Mathias was in possession of the Crimson Stone, an alchemical artifact that passes the spiritual essence of any slain vampire into whomever wields it. The power of the stone was what transformed Mathias into a vampire (not the traditional blood-gift). Possessing the stone over the course of centuries is what transformed Dracula into the world's strongest vampire and presumably what assures that he is resurrected whenever he is slain. (This strange loop suggests that whenever Dracula is killed, as wielder of the Crimson Stone, his power is transferred directly back to him every time.)

However, although his dark designs went down exactly as he had planned, Mathias had not counted on the grief and rage of his former best friend. At that moment, Leon swore an oath that he, his children, and all future generations of the Belmont family would "hunt the night" and protect humanity from supernatural evil. The whip that Leon used to destroy Walter, the Vampire Killer, which was created from a power released upon the death of Leon's beloved Sara, would eventually be passed down through generations of Belmonts to become legendary in its own right

i just dont know if they hold LoI as canon...i heard that igarashi decided that some games werent in the storyline...but this stuff is the best i found in a minure

Avatar image for deactivated-5992048d2d5ba
deactivated-5992048d2d5ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 deactivated-5992048d2d5ba
Member since 2005 • 5165 Posts
So we can have more games to play. lol
Avatar image for DynamicJumpIuff
DynamicJumpIuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DynamicJumpIuff
Member since 2007 • 3025 Posts
The answer to your question can be found out by going to the PoR boards and check out the Dracula is a foll V3 topic.
meg431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 meg431
Member since 2005 • 2875 Posts

Cool info HushRong :)

It's actually a really interesting question as to why Dracula always come's back.

HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HushRong

haha, thanks...but i have to give credit to wikipedia. in high school an college we werent allowed to use it as a resource, but for the fun stuff i love, i used it all the time.

but that crimson stone theory seems to be the ticket...maybe if someone could find it and break it...that might do the trick.

-from wiki again (CastleVania has its own wiki website)

Chronology

Prior to the release of Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, every game in the series was accepted as canon, with the original versions of certain games (such as the original Castlevania and Dracula X) usually accepted as the canonical interpretation of certain events. This was assumed even though there was no official unified direction to the series's storyline (other than conflicts against Dracula). However, when Koji Igarashi took over as producer for the series, he revised the timeline and removed Castlevania Legends, the Nintendo 64 Castlevania, Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness and Castlevania: Circle of the Moon from it. According to an interview later conducted with 1UP.com, the only game he deliberately retconned was Castlevania Legends, whereas the other games were produced to be side-stories from the start.[4]

xemnas_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 xemnas_is_god
Member since 2008 • 1204 Posts

the sad part is, i have already read both of those articles. haha. im a loser.

The sad part is, that i do as well...

stfu. idk. roflmao.

haha.

And about the topic, Dracula always comes back because there has to be a balance of power.

EDIT: pls do not spam the thread :) by chang
HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HushRong

true there does need to be a balance.

Dracula either rises himself, has devoted followers doing it for him, or people want his powers(as though he is the Evil version of the energizer battery).

either way...he will always come back, especially with that stone that has all his powers that bring him back to life...or undead life.

ShaunyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShaunyP
Member since 2007 • 5803 Posts
i have another theory, death is dracula's servant, so long as death is with dracula, then he can't die.
HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HushRong

yeah but...Death isnt really good at his job. such as trying to kill some belmonts and the like.

hahahah, oh man.

imagine when a belmont dies of old age, and death comes to take them away...that must be awkward

Avatar image for DynamicJumpIuff
DynamicJumpIuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DynamicJumpIuff
Member since 2007 • 3025 Posts
This brings up my theory, Death hates Dracula like everybody else. The only reason why Death is Dracula's @$$slave is because of that Crimson Stone, without the stone, Death could easily take out Dracula permenantly.
xemnas_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 xemnas_is_god
Member since 2008 • 1204 Posts

nice, i forgot about the infamous "Crimson Stone"

it reminds me of the crimson stone on Full Metal Alchemist that the fake preist used to preform "miracles" and claimed that it was the philosephors stone.