deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

Well Thx to Allan for starting what from my point of view can be a intersting topic...

He stated:

Speaking of games bein expensive, i just saw a limited edition copy of Symphony of the Night (the box with the bonus music cd) go on ebay UK for about £96 (about $180!!!). I mean i know its a great game but seriously, these people on ebay write such things as 'SUPER RARE'. C'mon it aint rare when there's like 7 other listings running. They should just word it 'Well sought after, fetch high prices'. allanmcmeekin

So what do you think?? Are Castlevania games no that rare anymore?? Are they going to start losing value?? Are Cv fans spending a amount of money that is not really justified???

How RARE are Castlevania games now at days???

Vampire Killer (MSX) (***) (Complete)
Mint:
Used:
Cartridge only:
Vampire Killer (MSX) (EU) (Complete)
Mint:
Used:
Cartridge only:
Castlevania (NES) (US) (Complete)
Mint:
Used:
Cartridge only:
Castlevania (NES) (***) (Complete)
Mint:
Used:
Cartridge only:
Castlevania (NES (EU) (Complete)
Mint:
Used:
Cartridge only:
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) (US) (Complete)
Mint:
Used:
Cartridge only:
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) (***) (Complete)
Mint:
Used:
Cartridge only:
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) (EU) (Complete)
Mint:
Used:
Cartridge only:
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES) (US) (Complete)
Mint:
Used:
Cartridge only:
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES) (***) (Complete)
Mint:
Used:
Cartridge only:
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES) (EU) (Complete)
Mint:
Used:
Cartridge only:

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

well... actually it depends if is sealed/mint (and in this case with teh CD) it is rare, imho.. specially if is black label. Of this 7 other listing most are pry "used"

You have to be lucky to find one (or someone crazy enough to sell it) that is sealed... Most ppl think that bc it is now in xbox live and psn its value is not that much or will decrease.. but they would see how wrong they are.... again imho and from the eyes of a CV fan, that wishes one day to be a CV collector..

I was lucky (or someone relaly did not had a clue what he/she had) so I got SotN black label mint condition + CV chronicles for @US$90...

I will pry give crazy money (if I had it) when I find (if I found) the editor collection of LoI (and I owned the game)

allanmcmeekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 allanmcmeekin
Member since 2007 • 863 Posts

I wouldn't say they're starting to lose value, it just annoys me when people put up a used copy of a game on ebay and claim it to be rare when yea it is highly sought after and sometimes they can be a pain to get a hold of and fetch high prices, but alas isn't what I consider to be the definition of 'Super Ultra Rare'.

Yea something like a mint condition sealed black label would be a rarity but then again most of the listings i've seen the disc and case have seen better days. Heck i saw a bog standard SoTN disc (no case or manual) go for about $60 the other day. It's not so much that they're rare it's the fact that people have a great respect for the franchise and will go to great lengths to get these games, hence why you get bidding wars on em pushing the price up.

xemnas_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 xemnas_is_god
Member since 2008 • 1204 Posts
agreed. you know your stuff allan.
allanmcmeekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 allanmcmeekin

The thing that really puzzles me the most though is when you see these sealed mint copies get sold...

I mean why is it still sealed??? Crack it open and play it!!!!

I suppose i'm anti collector in that respect, I just hate to see great games sit and collect dust just so someone can have bragging rights to owning it.

xemnas_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 xemnas_is_god
Member since 2008 • 1204 Posts
my lord, you are like my mind given its own form... stop it! stop reading my thoughts!! get out of my head, leave my brain alone!!!
alucard1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 alucard1137
Member since 2006 • 2916 Posts

The thing that really puzzles me the most though is when you see these sealed mint copies get sold...

I mean why is it still sealed??? Crack it open and play it!!!!

I suppose i'm anti collector in that respect, I just hate to see great games sit and collect dust just so someone can have bragging rights to owning it.

allanmcmeekin

the thing about collecters is that they get their joy from just owning the game so imo the games is not wasted just enjoyed in a different way

Conver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Conver
Member since 2003 • 3300 Posts
I agree with alucard... although I am a mixture.. all my games are pretty much mint condition but i do play them all, granted some more than others, but all my manuals smell fresh and cases are pristine condition and discs are handled well so they're all scratchless. :P So when I put stuff on e-bay I put "Used-Mint Condition" and let them know what I just said.. :P
allanmcmeekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 allanmcmeekin

Yea i can totally understand playing the games yet keeping them in mint condition.

It's when people buy a game and don't play it that i don't understand. I mean yea sure you can own every CV and have fun looking at the artwork on the cover, but if you're not gonna play em yer missin out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

I`m like Conver ALL my games are mint, no bc I will sell them but bc I like them to be like that... even the one I buy used I make sure is a excellent copy... and you should see all the thing I go true trying to remove thet freaking "used" label in some. Why do they have to put them in the freaking front cover, some is impossible to remove without damaging the cover :evil:

anyway...

@allan: I`m pretty sure that ppl that have sealed copy of a game either do not play (at least no that game/series) just buy classic or future classics as bussinnes (one of my friend in NYC decide that he would start buying games that are really popular now just to sell it to fan in the future, like editor collector edition and such... he was piss when a sealed copy of SotN was sold for over US$100 :lol:)

the other part of those collcetor have the game twice, one to keep sealed and one to play. If i`m not mistaken there is one member of the union that does that. ANd if I`m not mistaken Ainge (a long time member here, he pop-in) has a huge collection with some sealed...

OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 OmegaAce1313
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts
I try to keep the ones I have in the best condition possible... I try to get two of each so I can keep one copy put away. I am trying to get them all complete right now. Sealed seems like a bit too much for me, I mean, I wanna look at the booklet and stuff!
I actually bought the adventure sealed, and I ended up opening it! :lol:

I don't plan on buying the oddballs like the Commodore, Amiga, and Sharp x68000 versions, but everything else is in my list :)
I can gladly say that I have played every Castlevania so far... except the Tiger Handheld Symphony, but WHO CAAARES :P So about the topic's title.... should we set up a list with the prices next to the game's names or something? I would be glad to let you guys know how much money Castlevania has consumed in my life :lol: It would also be good to know how much the remaining games I need to buy should cost me...I don't want to get ripped off.

So great idea! Lets make this list! Shall I start up the list? Chang and the officers can edit till their hearts are content :)
kappareign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kappareign
Member since 2007 • 2413 Posts

i think a game is only "mint" condition if its never been opened or played... otherwise, even if you take good care of it, its technically considered "like-new". but im not really an expert...

i try to take good care with my games, too, but small scratches, lint/dust and smudges are probably unavoidable if youre going to open and play (read: enjoy) them. i wish i could buy 2 of everything and keep one sealed, but i have neither the time nor the dime. im not richie rich

AlucardsFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 AlucardsFate
Member since 2003 • 97 Posts
Usually that Ebay stuff is still sealed...beacuse they resealed it. I used to work at a CompUSA store, and we would reseal stuff all the time. I can do it in probably 2 mins. Its not hard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

@Omega: yea.. that list would be sweet... go ahead make on the 1st post... :)

@Kappa: Hmmm... nope... I think tat there is a different between a MINT game and a Sealed one... MINT is when even thus it was being open, are in top condition. Thus you are right, the like-new sound the same... so no really know..

The SotN that I got was sold as MINT bc the disc had no scratch, the booklet was excellent, nothing was burn by time and the case was clean and without a scratch... Thus could that be "like-new"??? no clue...

Usually that Ebay stuff is still sealed...beacuse they resealed it. I used to work at a CompUSA store, and we would reseal stuff all the time. I can do it in probably 2 mins. Its not hard.AlucardsFate

True... but when a game is sold as Sealed... everyting has to be perfect.. covers, case, disc, even original lil stuff that sometimes are inside (promotion and advertising and such) have to be inside... If not you can take pics and they would return your $$$ (at least if it was a big store/power seller, I never buy from someone else...)

And yeap.. I knew one of us had2 copy of each game (or the one he could) :P

You know what is funny thus, that some games like CV3 are not actually that pricey to get... IMO they should be more expensive, at least for collectors, you can get a sealed one for not much... Even Videogames NY do not have a sealed copy, is like is not consider that valueble or clas.sic :?

OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 OmegaAce1313
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts
Okay, I got a list started... we can start filling it in a little bit at a time.... I will continue to add titles to it over time... I am just really tired. I will list them in order by release, and will eventually start adding the obscure ones such as the Famicom disc Castlevanias, and Commodore, Sharp X6800's etc.