User Lists: 0

#1 Mandator
Member since 2003 • 149 Posts
Why  ? Oh Why ?  Maybe because :

1.  The whip
2.  I got my behind kicked by Death and Abbadon
3.  Play as Alucard
4.  Old school style Castlevania
5.  OMGZ LOLZ IT IZ 2 HARD !1!11!! ROLF LMAO and so on ...

I am trying to speed run this mode (just for fun people, not trying to break any records here).    It is a lot harder than I first imagined because you won't kill many monsters so you won't get much levels.  I am sorry to announce the death of my level 26 character by the unforgiving hands of Death for the 5th time.
RockmanSRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RockmanSRD
Member since 2004 • 5067 Posts

I still haven't had a chance to try DoS, but I will someday.  I think it sounds like the "bonus" character modes are getting at least a little more involved than they once were.  They've moved a little beyond just substituting characters in with limited skills and abilities.  For example, Trevor having different whips to equip in CoD or the old-school character switching system as seen in DoS.

I don't think they'll ever be able to top the sheer awesomeness of playing as Joachim in LoI.

venus577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 venus577
Member since 2003 • 1555 Posts
I can't say I've put a lot of work into the extra characters in a Castlevania, save my Richter game of SotN. I do like that they're there. The coolest thing is that now extra characters have a story to go along with their quest. Makes it feel more like a planned feature instead of something thrown in.

I don't think they'll ever be able to top the sheer awesomeness of playing as Joachim in LoI.

RockmanSRD
I agree, that was totally awesome.
davidscorc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 davidscorc
Member since 2006 • 341 Posts
Really? I liked Soma's quest so much more. It was easier, but it was so much better. While it did have Alucard as playable, he was nowhere near as fun to play as in the good ol' Symphony of the Night. He felt clunky and lame, a lot like the other characters in Julius mode. Although I have to admit, the julius mode had a better story than a lot of the other Castlevanias had with extra playable characters.