Anyone around here played Curse of Darkness yet??

kelly11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kelly11
Member since 2003 • 744 Posts
Anyone played it yet? The reviews are not very encouraging but I would get it in around 2 weeks time nonetheless. Care to give some feedback guys??
Taranova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Taranova
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts
Yes I bought it. I personally think it is a good game, however some of the bosses really need to be increased in difficulty and the stealing technique needs some refurbishing but either than that yes it is a good game, however I think they need another 2D for the consoles (PS2, XBoX, GC)
RockmanSRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RockmanSRD
Member since 2004 • 5067 Posts

Anyone played it yet? The reviews are not very encouraging but I would get it in around 2 weeks time nonetheless. Care to give some feedback guys??kelly11

45 days until I can play it. . .

I wouldn't listen to any of those bad reviews.

I snuck a peak at the game's guide, and just flipping through a few pages got me even more excited than I was about Curse of Darkness (I'm not sure how that could even happen!).

kelly11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kelly11

Thanks for the feedback guys, but isn't there anyway to increase the difficulty in the game?

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 propyro
Member since 2005 • 6736 Posts
well ... you could play with one hand and the controller in your lap ...
windwail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 windwail
Member since 2004 • 450 Posts
Or use your toes!
kelly11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kelly11
Hahaha...you guys are really comical!!!
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 propyro
Never mind, i have an issue of nintendo power, some kid wrote a letter saying how he broke his arms and couldnt' play video games, so he'd play his NES with his toes. After a while he got better at using his feet than when he was able to use his hands. Even has a picture of him playing SMB3 with his feet..
Avatar image for deactivated-5992048d2d5ba
deactivated-5992048d2d5ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 deactivated-5992048d2d5ba
Member since 2005 • 5165 Posts
If I was his bro I'd kindly make sure he had his very own controller...
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 propyro
Yea, he had one of those advantage joysticks for the NES, this way he could put it between his toes and control it a bit easier than a standard controller.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 propyro
FInally got around to playing CoD. It seems the game is a bit too easy. I plowed my way through the first two bosses and the only time i was in any danger of dying was durring the second boss fight. I'm hoping they put an "@crazy" mode in this game like they did in Lament, because this game is too easy on normal so far. As for the visuals being bleak. You're in a plague striken Europe thats under a horrible curse, I wouldn't expect the place to look all that pretty. The level variation that's in there so far seems to be perfectly fine. I have no idea why Greg K is whining about it.
Avatar image for Project_Nemesis
Project_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Project_Nemesis
Member since 2003 • 5959 Posts
im enjoying the game so far. the bosses are neat. that encounter with Trevor in the beginning was uber cool.
RalphTepes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RalphTepes
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
For those who want a tad bit more challenge...

*spoilers*

When you beat the game, just enter @CRAZY just like in Lament of Innocence and you play it on "hard" mode. The game is EXACTLY the same except everything is 20 levels higher than their normal form.

Also, when you beat the game on any difficulty and finished off every boss, you can play Boss Rush like in previous games but all the bosses have increases levels.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 propyro
I wouldn't really call that a Spoiler, since i was hoping for a crazy mode anyways. THe early game is far too firgiving in normal mode, it dosn't start to get tough untill you start running into Slogara's (SP?). *Now this on the other hand is a spolier* Also i should have beaten Trevor, that fight took about 20 Minuits for him to actually kill me ... i'd have had his life down to atleast the last 1/4 of his second bar if it weren't for the fact that you can't beat him when you run into him in the beggining of the game.
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#15 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts
i got it 3 days after it came out... i only think its... well... ok...
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 propyro
Saddly, "OK" seems like the most accurate description. the "bland" enviroments don't bother me at all, like I already said, i actually like the visual variety they give you, but the levels are still pretty looking boxes like they were in "Lament of Innocence".
daportfolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 daportfolio
Member since 2005 • 361 Posts
I haven’t started it yet. But I do have it. I was thinking of playing it when some of my classes cool down a bit...and considering that this is the 3rd to last week... I don’t think I will have much free time =(
BIGKAYPIMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BIGKAYPIMP
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts
nope but i wanna play it badly REALLY REALLY BADLY
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#19 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts
I haven’t started it yet. But I do have it. I was thinking of playing it when some of my classes cool down a bit...and considering that this is the 3rd to last week... I don’t think I will have much free time =(daportfolio
THANKSGIVING!
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 propyro
Seems like an appropriate time to give thanks for castlevania.
daportfolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 daportfolio
Member since 2005 • 361 Posts
[QUOTE="daportfolio"]I haven’t started it yet. But I do have it. I was thinking of playing it when some of my classes cool down a bit...and considering that this is the 3rd to last week... I don’t think I will have much free time =(falconclan
THANKSGIVING!

Actually... I was considering whether or not to bring my PS2 to my parents house and play it for a good portion of the day...but it might be more effort then its worth... especially sense I just got Castlevania DS
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 propyro
Hot damn ... Dracula is a pain in the ass.
-Clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Clarke
Member since 2004 • 13934 Posts

Anyone played it yet? The reviews are not very encouraging but I would get it in around 2 weeks time nonetheless. Care to give some feedback guys??kelly11

No I didn't.

Avatar image for Gamegerdude0752
Gamegerdude0752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Gamegerdude0752
Member since 2005 • 299 Posts
I've already beaten the game with Hector, and now I'm playing the game again as Trevor Belmont, which is very awesome!! But the game doesn't let you use any of Trevor's weapons when you're playing as Hector, and it doesn't let you use any of Hector's weapons when playing as Trevor, and the game doesn't let you buy items and weapons from Julia's Shop when you're playing the game the 2nd time as Trevor, just like Rinaldo wasn't at his shop to sell you stuff when you played the game as Joachim in Lament of Innocence after you beat the game with Leon Belmont!! That is just really, REALLY stupid and dumb of Konami to do to the fans of the series!! But it's a very great game besides the way the battle movements are concerened.
alucard1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 alucard1137
Member since 2006 • 2916 Posts
im going to write a review on it later wait a few more days then check it out