[POLL] Ever feel like life is totally pointless?

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
When I stop and think about life it hits me just how pointless all of this is. We do what we do for the end goal of rotting forever underground. Anyone else ever feel / think this way?
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts
My life is pointless. I have no friends in real life, my parents don't give a damn and I have no purpose.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

No I don't and I would be concerned if I ever did.

GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts

Indeed.:|

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
At the end, yes. We are all running and hustling just to die eventually.
Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts
Yes
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fastesttruck
Well if you feel that way, why don't you just quit?DJ_Magneto
b/c thats the cheap way out.
MystikFollower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MystikFollower
Member since 2009 • 4061 Posts

All the time man... But then I just sit back, relax, down my Jack, and watch cartoons. Always cheers me up.

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fastesttruck

All the time man... But then I just sit back, relax, down my Jack, and watch cartoons. Always cheers me up.

MystikFollower
Is Spongebob in that list of what you watch?
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

life itself IS pointless, but we humans try to find ways to give it meaning, some get a jobb that they like, or work towards a goal. Others find their meaning in religion, science ect.

Avatar image for Vinegar_Strokes
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vinegar_Strokes
Member since 2010 • 3401 Posts

life maybe pointless. but its your only one so enjoy the **** out of it.

MystikFollower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MystikFollower
Member since 2009 • 4061 Posts
[QUOTE="MystikFollower"]

fastesttruck
Is Spongebob in that list of what you watch?

God no. Ren and Stimpy mostly. Pinky and the Brain as well.
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Deihjan
Pinky and the Brain as well. MystikFollower
Narf!
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Occasionally, but most of the time I find something that makes life worth living for :)
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Are you kidding? You just need a goal in life, take mine for example, I want to have the highest post count on gamespot. I will keep posting until I reach that goal and then surely I will be the happiest person in the world.
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
I feel I have a purpose but yes, I do believe life is ultimately pointless. It is a beautiful thought.
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Deihjan
Are you kidding? You just need a goal in life, take mine for example, I want to have the highest post count on gamespot. I will keep posting until I reach that goal and then surely I will be the happiest person in the world.xTheExploited
Good luck getting past me :P
superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

I objectively believe that life has no inherent meaning. I would need to be religious to believe otherwise.

This doesn't really concern me and I try to create my own meaning.

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fastesttruck
[QUOTE="MystikFollower"] God no. Ren and Stimpy mostly. Pinky and the Brain as well.

Been a while since I lasted watched Pinky and the Brain. Should find those DVD's again
AL_GREEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AL_GREEN
Member since 2010 • 953 Posts

life is pointless make your own point and enjoy doing it no use sitting around complaining

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fastesttruck
Are you kidding? You just need a goal in life, take mine for example, I want to have the highest post count on gamespot. I will keep posting until I reach that goal and then surely I will be the happiest person in the world.xTheExploited
Thats my title! *Thinks* Ohhh I get it. Yeah joking aside thats part of why I post so much. Something to do. Something I'm good at.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts
it is.. but you can still enjoy the hell out of it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a61a463b062f
deactivated-5a61a463b062f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5a61a463b062f
Member since 2010 • 274 Posts

i believe it is, to some that's the purpose of life, to find a point in it hah

as for me, at least what i try to live my life by (doesn't always work), is to be a good person and that's it, sounds simple yet what I've come to find out that it's infinitely complex, that's life i guess :P

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
keep posting until you cause an "Integer overflow" exception in GS. I will wait for this day when I loot market place.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
Religion?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pirate700

Religion?jeremiah06

I'm not religious myself, but in all honesty, it might now be a bad idea for the TC or anyone else in that position to get religion in their life. :)

seansoutar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 seansoutar
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

Well life in general is pretty pointless, although you as an individual can strive to contribute to society so that the future generations of mankind can have a better (and still pointless :P) existence.

Avatar image for YellowOneKinobi
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 YellowOneKinobi
Member since 2011 • 4128 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]Well if you feel that way, why don't you just quit?fastesttruck

At the risk of being a pain....... if it really IS all pointless, then how can there be a "cheap way out."?

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pirate700

[QUOTE="fastesttruck"][QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]Well if you feel that way, why don't you just quit?YellowOneKinobi

At the risk of being a pain....... if it really IS all pointless, then how can there be a "cheap way out."?

Exactly. The fact that he's concerned about what's an easy way out or not proves he doesn't actually think it's pointless.

awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
My goal in life is to die happy.
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Sometimes I feel that way when I'm down, but really, the point of life is whatever you make of it. For me, the point is to accumulate some great life experiences and memories, and leave a positive impact on the world and people around me. That's enough of a purpose for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

I know life is pointless. It doesn't really bother me.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jeremiah06

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"]Religion?Pirate700

I'm not religious myself, but in all honesty, it might now be a bad idea for the TC or anyone else in that position to get religion in their life. :)

I am religious and I don't like pushing it on people but... I don't see how anyone could genuinely see life as pointless... I'd probably be a serial killer or rapist if I didn't think life had a point...
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 YellowOneKinobi

Is THIS one of those situations where someone is asking for help and the rest of us aren't seeing it?

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

yes

*sad face*

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

My life is pointless. I have no friends in real life, my parents don't give a damn and I have no purpose.Deihjan

I want to be your friend :)

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"]Religion?jeremiah06

I am religious and I don't like pushing it on people but... I don't see how anyone could genuinely see life as pointless... I'd probably be a serial killer or rapist if I didn't think life had a point...

I agree. I know religions gets a bad rap for whatever reason on here, but for most people it is a fantastic tool and entity in their lives. For those finding life pointless, giving religion or just getting involved in church groups or the like can really work wonders.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 commander
The meaning of life for the moment for me is just play games as much as possible, eat, drink , sleep (and other base needs...) , watch movies, surf the web, and monthy python's the meaning of life. Time changes everything even pointlessness
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 commander
so many say yeah in this poll, are you all so depressed? Don't worry it will get better, it always does. Like i said before time changes everything
Derek240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Derek240
Member since 2004 • 842 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"]Religion?jeremiah06

Why? Do you want to do those things right now but won't because it's against the law? I don't see the correlation between believing life is pointless and serial killing/rape.

GalaxySpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GalaxySpectre
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts
My life is pointless. I have no friends in real life, my parents don't give a damn and I have no purpose.Deihjan
I'm in this position right now ^^ but I'm working hard to get myself out of it because it's depressing to live like this
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jeremiah06

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Derek240

Why? Do you want to do those things right now but won't because it's against the law? I don't see the correlation between believing life is pointless and serial killing/rape.

The same correlation between living and "ending it"... I don't "want" to kill myself I like life but it if really was pointless why confine yourself to ANY rules... You see something you want take it... Someone you don't like? Deal with it...
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 commander

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Derek240

I just don't do those things above because i knew they are wrong , besides they make me sick . Even if i would think life is pointless i wouldn't evenconsidere it just because i realize whatpain it'scausing. Well i guess that's thedifference between normal people and psychopaths. Thank god i blocked my ip adress :(

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jeremiah06

[QUOTE="Derek240"]

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"] I am religious and I don't like pushing it on people but... I don't see how anyone could genuinely see life as pointless... I'd probably be a serial killer or rapist if I didn't think life had a point...evildead6789

I just don't do those things above because i knew they are wrong , besides they make me sick . Even if i would think life is pointless i wouldn't evenconsidere it just because i realize whatpain it'scausing. Well i guess that's thedifference between normal people and psychopaths. Thank god i blocked my ip adress :(

Then you believe life has a point... If there was no pint at all then kindness and consideration is also pointless
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts
so many say yeah in this poll, are you all so depressed? Don't worry it will get better, it always does. Like i said before time changes everythingevildead6789
Thinking life is pointless doesn't mean you're depressed.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pirate700

[QUOTE="evildead6789"]so many say yeah in this poll, are you all so depressed? Don't worry it will get better, it always does. Like i said before time changes everythingtoast_burner
Thinking life is pointless doesn't mean you're depressed.

If one honestly believes it's pointless, yeah it generally is a glaring sign.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a61a463b062f
deactivated-5a61a463b062f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5a61a463b062f
Member since 2010 • 274 Posts

[QUOTE="Derek240"]

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"] I am religious and I don't like pushing it on people but... I don't see how anyone could genuinely see life as pointless... I'd probably be a serial killer or rapist if I didn't think life had a point...jeremiah06

The same correlation between living and "ending it"... I don't "want" to kill myself I like life but it if really was pointless why confine yourself to ANY rules... You see something you want take it... Someone you don't like? Deal with it...

And people do do this, but usually within the constraints of what's acceptable to society. Just because someone sees their life as pointless doesn't mean they are an animal. They can still have morals and values. And what's wrong with recognizing the pointlessness in life? Do we have to have a point? Why? The way I see it, there is only one inherent natural point to all of our lives and that is reproduction and the continuation of the human race.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Most of the time. It seems like we just live a boring, useless life, doing things we absoultely hate just to die in the end.
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 YellowOneKinobi

I sincerely feel bad that so many people out there seem so lost/depressed/etc.

I suppose it is a little different for me. I'm a little bit on the older side of users on this site (I'm in my 30's and I gather that most users are in HS or college). Anyway, I certainly remember that part of my life and while I remember some difficult times, I don't recall a time that I ever thought of life as pointless.

Not sure if this helps at all, but after surviving the school years, I now know what my career is, I have my wife of many years by my side and we are expecting our first baby. If you had asked me 15+/- years ago what would my life be like in the future, I would of had NO IDEA. My point is, sometimes I think we all get a little lost in the storm. But keep going until you find your path.

I think it was Winston Churchill that said, "If you're going through hell, then keep going"...... as in, go through it to make it out the other side.