Youtube set to buy TwitchTV

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

ATT is buying Direct TV also.

This shit is out of hand.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

I don't agree with everything Google does but I don't see the big deal with them buying Twitch,... before M$, or Apple. It's not like they're EA, Google actually makes stuff better, phones, web searching, tablets, etc. They may share info but at least they are honest about it and the info you share contributes to making Google services better, gpl is also another example of this. At this point I don't think there's anyone who won't trust/invest in Google besides M$, and Apple who's still worth more than those two put together.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

This is a good thing. Twitch streaming is often ass and they really needed to invest in massive infrastructure all over the planet. Probably unreasonable for them to do but Google already has that. YouTube has its issues but it at least works and tighter integration into YouTube will probably put a lot of stress off of streamers that feel like they have to race to get any event up before someone rips their stream and put it on YouTube.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Glad MS failed to buy it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@PhazonBlazer said:

Lower your dongers

Loading Video...

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I've thought about how this will affect Twitch or our experience with it, and the best we can hope for is that it doesn't change at all. I don't know how this acquisition will improve our experience.

Our lady of perpetual beta makes another curious acquisition.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@musicalmac said:

I've thought about how this will affect Twitch or our experience with it, and the best we can hope for is that it doesn't change at all. I don't know how this acquisition will improve our experience.

Our lady of perpetual beta makes another curious acquisition.

No improvements, just another data mining tool.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 musicalmac  Moderator

@ladyblue said:

Which isn't a good thing.

It's no surprise that they're looking at new avenues to stay relevant. If this thread is any indication, it's clear that Google's public image is tarnished, and declining as much as its former bread-and-butter profit source (desktop advertising).

I hope this rumor is just that, and doesn't come to pass. I like Twitch quite a bit, and adding a large corporate body to that equation (a corporate body that operates by throwing spaghetti at a wall to see what sticks) will complicate things. Twitch already assumes the prime position of game streaming and has deals with Sony and MS. Adding Google will muddy the waters, especially for MS.

(Next, Google is going to acquire Sony and fail making hardware again, and sell it at a loss to Lenovo)

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

They're going to start making twitch streamers sign contracts that they can earn money from via commercials which isn't necessarily a bad thing for streamers. Twich already had commercials so i wouldn't see how would that make much of a difference. The data theft though is something i don't really care about.. i feel people over react too much. They've been doing that for a very long time now i haven't died yet neither have i lost money for it or seen my name in some illegal sh*t that has nothing to do with me. I feel people just wanna bitch.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Google into Twitch account integration incoming.

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

twitch streamer always play song while gaming ,just prepare for copyright claim their content id blanket cover live streaming as well

mkeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mkeyou
Member since 2008 • 995 Posts

i hate google plus, its such a mess

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@musicalmac said:

@ladyblue said:

Which isn't a good thing.

It's no surprise that they're looking at new avenues to stay relevant. If this thread is any indication, it's clear that Google's public image is tarnished, and declining as much as its former bread-and-butter profit source (desktop advertising).

I hope this rumor is just that, and doesn't come to pass. I like Twitch quite a bit, and adding a large corporate body to that equation (a corporate body that operates by throwing spaghetti at a wall to see what sticks) will complicate things. Twitch already assumes the prime position of game streaming and has deals with Sony and MS. Adding Google will muddy the waters, especially for MS.

(Next, Google is going to acquire Sony and fail making hardware again, and sell it at a loss to Lenovo)

the Google hate is just another case of the Call of Duty syndrome. Everybody seems to hate it on the interwebs but in real life it only sells better with each new iteration.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#67 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Ok. I don't stream, have watched once in a blue moon.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 musicalmac  Moderator

@Gue1 said:

the Google hate is just another case of the Call of Duty syndrome. Everybody seems to hate it on the interwebs but in real life it only sells better with each new iteration.

I'm not so sure I agree with the analogy. If we were to make an accurate comparison, it would be like the CoD franchise branching out into other game types entirely. Like an RTS, TPS, TRPG, MOBA, etc... The Google unease I think is rather warranted. For quite a few reasons.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

So a lof of annoying advertasing incoming.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Doesn't Google own YouTube? So Google is buying TwitchTV?

Yup.

@lundy86_4 said:

Google buying Twitch? Eek.

And yup.

Over the last decade or so Google has become a somewhat scary company. The amount of tech they've bought, from almost every branch one can think of, is absurd.

Google has indeed evolved into a monster of it's own ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

If they're just purchasing it to buy them out but keeping the same team and mentality then it would be great

Sadly this is Google and Youtube and from my experience with both it means Twitch is fucked. Mainly due to the copyright stuff

Priapus10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Priapus10101
Member since 2013 • 157 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I didn't think that Twitch was in any sort of financial trouble. Apparently the owners were ready to move on or just wanted some cash.

Shouldn't change the service at all.

Google has also finally pulled out from requiring a Google+ account for everything. They deemed it a failure a few months back and have been basically abandoning the push for G+. So don't worry about that.

I am more concerned whether Google will impose their copyright regulations and region restrictions onto Twitch. Twitch's rules are much more relaxed in comparison, which works in favour for both the streamers and the viewers. The positive I can see for this takeover is they can finally improve Twitch's mediocre VODs, and help obtain better and more reliable servers worldwide.