starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

I think this kind of exclusivity deals are always crap.
That said, there's a difference. FF VII remake is not a sequel to a multiplatform game. Rise of the Tomb Raider is.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#52 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Charizard, I know you can't stand me right now for a plethora of reasons, but unfortunately, this mentality of cows has been around for a long while, especially thanks to when the PS1 and PS2 were around and courtesy of Sony's chokehold on the industry at the time, could nail getting the likes of Final Fantasy, Tekken, Soul Calibur III, etc as exclusives to their console. I mean, it pissed me off too and I was making note of it during the whole "Bayo 2 is Wii U exclusive in 2012" fiasco, but it doesn't appear to be stopping anytime soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

You Are Hypocrites

In my opinion, the Xbox One is still struggling to find a reason to justify its existence, whereas the PS4 is approaching as near to perfection as I can imagine a console approaching.

With that out of the way

Unfortunately, thanks to Sony, all but 22 million of current gamers are being locked out of actually getting to play it.

Remember, this is not permanent exclusivity. Sony is not funding this project. All they seem to have done is given Square Enix some financial benefits- to secure timed exclusivity of the game for their system. No different from Microsoft with Rise of the Tomb Raider (ironically, also a Square Enix game- they seem to be a bit whorish with this, don't they?)

As market leader Sony can do such things. PS4 is becoming one of the most cancerous consoles to ever grace the industry.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#54 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

@Heirren said:

As market leader Sony can do such things. PS4 is becoming one of the most cancerous consoles to ever grace the industry.

Yeah, I don't think so.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@Heirren said:

Sure, why not. PS4 is literally cancer now! :D

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

@Heirren said:
@charizard1605 said:

You Are Hypocrites

In my opinion, the Xbox One is still struggling to find a reason to justify its existence, whereas the PS4 is approaching as near to perfection as I can imagine a console approaching.

With that out of the way

Unfortunately, thanks to Sony, all but 22 million of current gamers are being locked out of actually getting to play it.

Remember, this is not permanent exclusivity. Sony is not funding this project. All they seem to have done is given Square Enix some financial benefits- to secure timed exclusivity of the game for their system. No different from Microsoft with Rise of the Tomb Raider (ironically, also a Square Enix game- they seem to be a bit whorish with this, don't they?)

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#57 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@charizard1605:

Well the difference is three-fold.

1. Tomb Raider has always been on playstation. The fans were upset and rightly so imo. (it would be like if Mass Effect or Gears was announced Playstation exclusive lemmings would riot, even thought the game is a mult-plat now)

2. It was announced multiplatform originally weeks before e3 and then at the conference ms pulls crap like that.

3. It wasn't made clear if it was timed or not at first. MS was being deliberately vague.

Final Fantasy VII is synonymous with playstation. Playstation fans have been begging for this for years. Sony helped published the original ff7 in the north america.

And finally Lemmings hate JRPGS or FF7.... REad any thread about them in system wars and you will see semi-racists comments "weeaboo crap...blah blah blah".... SO guess what they don't deserve the greatness.

Some even go as far as to say the whole genre doesn't exist or count as games.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

The difference is this.

No one wants to get an XBone to play or or two games.

PS4 is the default console of the 8th generation.

Pretty simple, right?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#59 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Get some quotes.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

System Wars posters, especially the fangirls have bad taste and contradict themselves consistently, that's including all factions. That is not news, that is old as time.

Although I do appreciate the integrity shown with that too long; didn't read.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#61 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Charizard, you answered your damn question.

No one is calling Sony off of this Timed Exclusive Bullshit for Final Fantasy 7 Remake because Sony never stated it was EXCLUSIVE to Playstation while the Xbox Reps constantly said that Rise of the Tomb Raider WAS Exclusive to Xbox One.

Not only that, no one actually would have gave a damn if FF7R was PS4 exclusive because hell it probably wouldn't have been a thing without Playstation backing it.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Cows make up the majority of System Wars and they are the most vocal. And if you look at System Wars the past 2 generations, we measure success in totally different ways. But the ways we measure success equate in wins for the Sony console.

-Wii wins sales, sales don't matter

-Xbox 360 has better looking multiplats, those don't matter

-Cows followed the metagame until TLOU. Now we get all kinds of Metacritic posts and threads

-Paying for online was only for suckers.

Now:

- Sales matter

- Superior Multiplats matter

- Paying for online is OK

And better yet Cows have flip flopped on some of the new standards. There is a user here that will start a thread every time Digital Foundry crowns the PS4 version of a multiplat. That same user will cry foul if an Xbox One version comes out on top in framerate or similar performance and the same resolution. It's the same damn source!

This exclusive topic is just another thing to add to the list. At least the rabid Lems are some what consistent. Cows make it impossible to debate anything because the goalposts are always moving. And I don't understand the insecurity since Sony has been the most successful gaming company overall since the PS1.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Cows make up the majority of System Wars and they are the most vocal. And if you look at System Wars the past 2 generations, we measure success in totally different ways. But the ways we measure success equate in wins for the Sony console.

-Cows followed the metagame until TLOU. Now we get all kinds of Metacritic posts and threads

Now:

- Sales matter

And better yet Cows have flip flopped on some of the new standards. There is a user here that will start a thread every time Digital Foundry crowns the PS4 version of a multiplat. That same user will cry foul if an Xbox One version comes out on top in framerate or similar performance and the same resolution. It's the same damn source!

This exclusive topic is just another thing to add to the list. At least the rabid Lems are some what consistent. Cows make it impossible to debate anything because the goalposts are always moving. And I don't understand the insecurity since Sony has been the most successful gaming company overall since the PS1.

Well said. Lems are the most delusional fanbase this gen but cows are easily the biggest flip floppers and hypocrites.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Timed DLC is never something I even think about. Timed games seem to be getting more popular and I dont see it stopping.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Now:

- Sales matter

Same can be said about the Lems, marginal better Multiplats was a victory and sales matter specially NPD every month last Gen. Now suddenly only Cows play sales and only Cows can see the different with better Multiplats when PS4 games clearly looks better!

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#66 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

I think people were mad about TR being announced like it was going to be exclusive. That MS E3 announcement was quite confusing.

But come on it's basically the SW game to celebrate a timed exclusive for your platform and to dismiss timed exclusives for the other. It's kind of a dumb game but Sony fans aren't the only ones guilty of it (nor of hypocrisy).

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@GreySeal9: What about the sheep who hide behind PC this gen? The most intelligent posters are the herms they man I up and talk crap about the consoles. OP is mad because ff7 fans are hopping on the ps4 bandwagon he liked when it was just niche stuff like persona5.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 GreySeal9

@ni6htmare01 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Now:

- Sales matter

Same can be said about the Lems, marginal better Multiplats was a victory and sales matter specially NPD every month last Gen. Now suddenly only Cows play sales and only Cows can see the different with better Multiplats when PS4 games clearly looks better!

All fan bases flip flop; it's a matter of degrees really. Last gen, cows literally argued that putting online behind a paywall was a morally bankrupt transgression against gamers and now you don't hear a peep out of them. Can't really think of a lem flip flop that severe.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

I haven't played a Tomb Raider game since the first one came out for the Saturn. So the "timed exclusivity" shit meant nothing to me. Besides, Sony has Uncharted which is definitely the superior action/adventure series.

But Shenmue 3? Final Fantasy VII?

Those are huge fucking announcements. Two games that people have been waiting over a decade to play.

They'll eventually make their way to PC, but I seriously doubt that they ever grace the XBone.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@frank_castle: Yep. Tomb Raider? Not even on the same level as FFVII Remake and Shenmue 3 in terms of desire and appeal due to length of time wanted.

Xboners are completely screwed here.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:
@ni6htmare01 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Now:

- Sales matter

All fan bases flip flop; it's a matter of degrees really. Last gen, cows literally argued that putting online behind a paywall was a morally bankrupt transgression against gamers and now you don't hear a peep out of them. Can't really think of a lem flip flop that severe.

I agreed on that all Fan boys flip flop but to say Cow is worst is not true. lol I think you see it less with Lems because alot of them you see from last gen are hiding in this Gen, so is like 10 cows against 1 lems now and than you have some mega lems like "tigersuperman" (or whatever his name.) that your regular lems don't even want to back up lol

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@GreySeal9: Eh, noticing a 10 FPS + 10p difference on PS3/X360 multiplats vs not noticing any difference in FPS + 1080p>720p seems as big of a flip flop.

Least sheep are consistent. "3rd party sucks anyway!" - Every gen since the N64 :P

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 GreySeal9

@Desmonic said:

@GreySeal9: Eh, noticing a 10 FPS + 10p difference on PS3/X360 multiplats vs not noticing any difference in FPS + 1080p>720p seems as big of a flip flop.

Least sheeps are consistent. "3rd party sucks anyway!" - Every gen since the N64 :P

It's a huge flip flop, but I think that flip flopping on what one deemed a moral issue is more extreme.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#74  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@charizard1605: I dont get all this rant ...

Who blamed X1 for having tomb raider as exclusive ? This is business .. PS4 is getting FF7/Shenmue3/SF5 and more titles as time-console exclusives. X1 had to answer to that and try to have its own action/adventure to compete with Uncharted 4. This is business nothing more nothing less. Theres nothing bad , literally , when 2 products/companies collide and compete ... Only winner is you , the gamer.

I can understand if some people call out cows as hypocrites but not for FF7 remake. FF7 was synonym of PS brand for ages and i can understand why FF7 remake might be time exclusive. I would justify your argument if you were talking about SF5 instead. But no ... you talking about one of the games that defined the brand name of playstation being time exclusive to PS ( its remake ). Something is wrong

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#75 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Microsoft is fundamentally American and doesn't have that same level of imposed respect that Sony gets.

I'm not even joking. I think this is why Microsoft has more vocal haters.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 GreySeal9

@AzatiS said:

@charizard1605:

Who blamed X1 for having tomb raider as exclusive ?

Are you serious with this question?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Bigboi500

@parkurtommo: Or it could be due to their business practices, or their fanboys, or their hardware failure from last gen, or their constant 180 degree reversals to its own fan base.

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

The thing that makes me mad about the MS and Square deal is that they won't come out and say yes its timed or not. They constantly say holiday exclusive or some crap like that. At least Sony has said games are launching first on PS4 or its timed. None of the PR BS MS has seems to be using this gen.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@slaves: they did say it's timed

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

@lostrib said:

have they? every time I've heard them talk about it its been holiday exclusive or xbox exclusive

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#81  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

Microsoft is fundamentally American and doesn't have that same level of imposed respect that Sony gets.

I'm not even joking. I think this is why Microsoft has more vocal haters.

Western companies these days are more highly regarded in Japanese devs in the modern era. I really can't see anti-Americanism being the reason why people here hate MS so much.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lostrib

@slaves said:
@lostrib said:

have they? every time I've heard them talk about it its been holiday exclusive or xbox exclusive

yes, they were asked about it last year and said it's timed

It also says as much on the Tomb Raider FAQ

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 parkurtommo

@Bigboi500 said:

@parkurtommo: Or it could be due to their business practices, or their fanboys, or their hardware failure from last gen, or their constant 180 degree reversals to its own fan base.

Doesn't all of this apply to Sony as well?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Bigboi500

@parkurtommo said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Some, but not all. Sony never promised superior cloud gaming with Kinect overlords, only to change and drop Kinect later on, and they didn't make millions of faulty systems that overheated at a disproportionate rate. The other points I'll give you: fanboys and business practices like PS Now etc.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#85  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:
@AzatiS said:

@charizard1605:

Who blamed X1 for having tomb raider as exclusive ?

Are you serious with this question?

Yes i am ! I didnt see myriad of posts all around net blaming X1. If someone is to blame thats Eidos or who is begind Tomb raider. ... hell i dont even recall any post here in SW calling out X1 for TR ... Can you show me some ?

FF 7 used to be PS1 exclusive , one of the games that defined PS brand and makes sense for it to be time exclusive once again. It was PS fans made FF7 the popular game it is to day , it was PS fans in vastly majority that wanted an FF7 remake the last decade and i found it 100% logical for FF7 remake to be time exclusive to PS console/fans. I dont get this drama.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 parkurtommo

@Bigboi500 said:

I don't mean anti-american. I mean that since Sony has been around for so long, and is a Japanese company, they have an upper hand in public image. Sony is less transparent, less familiar.

Like Microsoft is the hamburger and Sony is the Sushi. idk

That's just my weird theory based on mere impressions, I have no proof or anything to back it up.

Nowadays both companies are just bouncing back and forth between being the "evil one" or the "good one", I don't think it's fair to say that one is better than the other, I can only say that one has a less positive image.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 parkurtommo

@Bigboi500 said:
@parkurtommo said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Some, but not all. Sony never promised superior cloud gaming with Kinect overlords, only to change and drop Kinect later on, and they didn't make millions of faulty systems that overheated at a disproportionate rate. The other points I'll give you: fanboys and business practices like PS Now etc.

Have you forgotten PS Move? :)

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#88 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

We are farmers. Badada dum dum dum dum!

Yeah, there are hypocrites. And fanboys are terrible about it. Though I'd wager I'm a hypocrite too... Uh oh.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Bigboi500

@parkurtommo: Until you reminded me of it! Honestly I never bought in to that in the first place.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

I have come to the realization that the industry can not make everyone happy, but they can piss everyone off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#91 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I understand your pov but FF VII had PS as its home where TR was never an Xbox game to begin with. Its slightly different

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#92  Edited By Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

People being hypocrites on System Wars? I'm shocked. I've been here so long now that I'm very used to seeing that type of shit.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#93  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19591 Posts

Ultimately, it comes down to Square Enix if they want to make their games timed exclusives on certain platforms. Sony and Microsoft both obviously gave them financial incentives to make it a timed exclusive for their platform, and the highest bidder got the timed exclusivity, with Sony getting FFVII Remake and Microsoft getting Rise of the Tomb Raider. That's all there is to it. Just business as usual.

Besides, gamers today are acting like timed exclusivity is such a big deal... Console exclusivity was widespread up until the PS2 era. Not timed exclusivity, but unlimited exclusivity. We weren't making a big deal about it back in those days.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@charizard1605: I think you need to define whether you're talking about SW or in general OP because we have just had Xbox gamers kicking off on twitter over the CoD DLC with #XboxOrWeRiot.

Personally though meh, people get indifferent when it's not their platform or franchise getting screwed over. I acknowledge it's shitty but i didn't care with Tomb Raider as i couldn't bring myself to play the first despite having it on PS+. Surely this goes both ways too anyway? Any lemming who was silent over Tomb Raider but perks up now over FF7? Or those that were content with other exclusive deals like CoD?

I don't think the comparison between Tomb Raider and FF7 is too strong either. FF has always been on PS and that association has somewhat carried over, FF14: A Realm Reborn went PC/PS3 without much fuss, 13 had double the sales on the PS3 than the 360, FF7 is a remake of an 18yr old PC/PSX game etc. Compare that to Tomb Raider which had a previous title on both PS3 and 360 just two years ago with sales greater on the PS3 and it's sequel was set for a multiplat release until MS came in. As some one else put it the game was dangled in front of PS gamers. No wonder there's not the same response.

The whole shit show as to whether ROTR was even exclusive with MS being incredibly vague helped to stoke the fires under that one too.

At the end of the day if even the Xbox gamers aren't bothered enough to kick up a fuss then why should i care?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#95  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

I think there's a sizable difference between the marketing of exclusivity and simply saying "Coming first on ... ."

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#96  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I'll start with my response with your disclaimer. I don't see how PS4 has justified it's existence anymore than the X1. My disclaimer: I own and game on both, prefer the franchises of Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable over God of War, Uncharted, R&C, GT but that isn't saying I wont play the PS franchises. What justification is there for a PS4? Video games? The same things that are played on the X1? On my PS4 I have Bloodborne which is great, KZ which is meh, Infamous which is good, TLOUR which was given to me as a gift and I still haven't played because I have exhausted it on my PS3. Which "justifies" it so much @charizard1605? Why was the world going to falter with out it? Or the WiiU or the X1? I can justify the X1 with the games I own and enjoy playing on it that I cant play on PS4 as I justify my PS4 by the games I own and enjoy not playable on X1. TL;DR version that justify part is pure shit, as is your believing its near perfect and I suspect its largely due to Persona 5 coming to it.

Now to the main point of your post. I agree, it is a pure hypocrisy. I do not agree with SF5 was NEVER going to be made without Sony. Its fucking SF. They were able to pump out how many previous games without Sony? I know they may be feeling the sting of finances now, but Sony is still 15 billion in debt but they are able to make a PS4. They would have made that game eventually. And none of us truly know what the money MS or Sony gave to Square is being used for. I remember arguing last Dec with some tool on here that told me he knew it was just lining pockets at Square. Of course there could be no real proof posted because butt hurt feelings do not equate proof.

This is business, folks. It is like war. It isn't pretty. It will never be this honorable thing people wish it to be, because the goal is money or shiny rocks and the competition is between the most flawed species on the planet. The human being who knows greed more than any other.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50596 Posts

Didn't Sony help publish FF7? Maybe it has something to do with that?

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@cainetao11: For all the money M$ has they sure as shit ain"t showing it off with that e3. Why the **** wasn't fallout 4 xb1 win10 exclusive they spent 1 billion on mine craft and nothing for xb1.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lostrib

@ProtossX said:

@cainetao11: For all the money M$ has they sure as shit ain"t showing it off with that e3. Why the **** wasn't fallout 4 xb1 win10 exclusive they spent 1 billion on mine craft and nothing for xb1.

at least try to be right

just a little bit

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#100 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@mesome713 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@mesome713 said:

Its a little confusing reading, can you put one of the commentators comments in italic.

How did Sony save Street Fighter 5, SF4 was the big and sold the most copies out of any fighting game from last gen. Im pretty sure they didnt need nothing, but a nice blank check.

Capcom wasn't gonna fund Street Fighter V, it was not considered profitable enough, until Sony came along and rescued the project from limbo.

Are you saying SF4 was not profitable also? Sounds like a white lie to me. I dont believe Capcom for a second that SF5 couldnt be profitable. SF4 sold over 15 million copies.

If all 15 million copies sold for $20 bucks thats 300 million dollars.

This has been one of the greatest PR stunts ever. SF5 would NEVER get made without Sony. I call bullshit. Would it be in production now? Probably not. But never made? GTFO it's SF we're talking about not Bayonetta. It was not going to lye dormant for long.