Yet again Microsoft has completely abandoned the core gamer this year

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

TitleDeveloperPublisherNorth AmericaEuropeAustraliaJapanExclusiveKinect Required

Babel RisingMando ProductionsUbisoftTBA 2012TBA 2012TBA 2012TBA 2012NoNo

Binary DomainYakuza StudioSegaFebruary 28, 2012February 24, 2012February 23, 2012February 16, 2012NoNo

Boom Boom DanceKonamiKonamiTBATBATBATBAYesYes

Dance on BroadwayUbisoftUbisoftTBATBATBATBANoNo

Diabolical PitchGrasshopper ManufactureMicrosoft StudiosTBATBATBATBAYesYes

Doodle JumpLima SkyLima SkyTBATBATBATBAYesYes

Fable: The JourneyLionhead StudiosMicrosoft StudiosTBATBATBATBAYesYes

FIFA 13EA CanadaEA SportsTBATBATBATBANoNo

Happy Action TheatreDouble Fine ProductionsMicrosoft StudiosTBATBATBATBAYesYes

HauntNanaOn-Sha, Zoë ModeMicrosoft StudiosTBATBATBATBAYesYes

Kinect Star WarsTerminal Reality

LucasArtsMicrosoft StudiosTBA 2012TBA 2012TBA 2012TBA 2012YesYes

KinectalloonsJSTV MediaJSTV MediaTBATBATBATBAYesYes

Madden NFL 13EA TiburonEA SportsTBATBATBATBANoNo

Mass Effect 3BiowareElectronic ArtsMarch 6, 2012March 9, 2012March 8, 2012March 15, 2012NoNo

miCoachTHQTHQMarch 6, 2012Q1 2012TBATBANoNo

Minecraft4J StudiosMojangQ1 2012TBATBATBAYesNo

Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd DimensionHigh Impact GamesDisney Interactive StudiosTBATBATBATBANoYes

Project Draco (working title)Grounding Inc.Microsoft StudiosTBA 2012TBA 2012TBA 2012TBA 2012YesYes

Power Rangers SamuraiNamco BandaiNamco BandaiTBATBATBATBANoYes

RushPixarMicrosoft StudiosTBATBATBATBAYesYes

RyseCrytekMicrosoft StudiosTBATBATBATBAYesYes

Steel Battalion: Heavy ArmorFrom SoftwareCapcomTBA 2012TBA 2012TBA 2012TBA 2012YesYes

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13EA TiburonEA SportsMarch 27, 2012March 1, 2012TBATBANoNo

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future SoldierUbisoft Red StormUbisoftMay 22, 2012May 24, 2012TBATBANoNo

Top Angler: Real Bass FishingInterOneInterOneTBATBATBATBAYesYes

Winter Sports 3RTL EntertainmentZoo GamesTBATBATBATBANoNo

Zumba Fitness 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kinect_games

Yet again microsoft dont give a damn about the core gamers releasing all these stupid kinect compatible games.This greatly outnumbers the core exclusives this year tell me this xbox fanboys why do you praise and suck up to a company that just want money and dont give a crap about the core gamers.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Some of those games only have extra modes and features that work with kinect.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11699 Posts
Who Cares, it is a flaw of being a console gamer. You are stuck to what the maker of your console says. Sony could be next.... Cows should start complaining now before the virus becomes more deadly.
fun-da-mental

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 fun-da-mental
Member since 2002 • 621 Posts

yay for teh superior 360 game library!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
3 years running now.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61550 Posts

Where's Loosing_Ends?

SW__Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SW__Troll
Member since 2011 • 1687 Posts

I wish the editor of the OP was better at his job.

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

The hell is going on in the 1st post?

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I already have low expectations, maybe they will surprise me, just don't mess up Halo.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Heil68
[QUOTE="Dy_WarriorsXoXo"]Wait for E3 deude. MS is going to tear down the booth this year. They are the underdog given their past E3 last year.

Did you see their CE show? lol More sesame street kinect! :lol:
babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

I wish the editor of the OP was better at his job.

SW__Troll

God yes lol.

Seems like some of those games you mentioned like Mass Effect 3 are pretty catered to the core audience. They just decided to add some kinectivity I guess.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Putting games like Steel Battalion, Ghost Recon, Ryse, Mass Effect, Madden NFL, FIFA, and more it does not help your case. Those games are not fully kinect and if they are full kinect they directed more at the core audience.

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts
[QUOTE="Dy_WarriorsXoXo"]Wait for E3 deude. MS is going to tear down the booth this year. They are the underdog given their past E3 last year. Also even if no games but Halo 4 come guess what? Better multiplats than PS3, hahaha we get the true experience of a game.

Don't kid yourself. Where would the games even come from?. Rare are making Kinect, Lionhead Fable on Rails, 343 Halo 4 and Turn 10 released last year.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#16 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
Shame on MS for trying to max profits?
emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 emorainbo
Member since 2008 • 3067 Posts

Putting games like Steel Battalion, Ghost Recon, Ryse, Mass Effect, Madden NFL, FIFA, and more it does not help your case. Those games are not fully kinect and if they are full kinect they directed more at the core audience.

CanYouDiglt

Besides, most of those games are 3rd party so it isnt MS who is pumping out crap.

Of course it could be argued that this is a reflection of MS's poor first party.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

When will loosingEnds reply?

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Where's Loosing_Ends?

lundy86_4

99% of those games are core titles, so how have they abandoned the core gamers ?

Witcher 2, Ghost Recon,Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Alan Wake, Fable, Halo, Dust, Ryse, Draco, Steel Batallion, Haunt etc are all core games and are more than PS3 ones by miles

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I'm never gonna get tired of posting this.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Their library is in accordance with their userbase's age average.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#23 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

I already abandoned Kinect but it was fun while it lasted. Glad the best core games like ME3, TW2 and GTAV will play great on casualbox360 :P

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Where's Loosing_Ends?

loosingENDS

99% of those games are core titles, so how have they abandoned the core gamers ?

Witcher 2, Ghost Recon,Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Alan Wake, Fable, Halo, Dust, Ryse, Draco, Steel Batallion, Haunt etc are all core games and are more than PS3 ones by miles

Kinect games cannot be core games because core gamers don't use or like Kinect.

Only morons like you pretend to like kinect.

loosing

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23037 Posts
Blah bla bla.... another year of cow whining and crying and another year my xbox is stuffed with the best games in the hobby... you cows love making a mountain out of mole hill dont cha....
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChubbyGuy40

Blah bla bla.... another year of cow whining and crying and another year my xbox is stuffed with the best games in the hobby... you cows love making a mountain out of mole hill dont cha....TheEroica

Hey, my PS3 is stuffed with those same games as your 360! Oh no way, my PC is too!

But wait, what's this? Someone put exclusives in here! A lot of them too :evil:

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Heil68

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]Blah bla bla.... another year of cow whining and crying and another year my xbox is stuffed with the best games in the hobby... you cows love making a mountain out of mole hill dont cha....ChubbyGuy40

Hey, my PS3 is stuffed with those same games as your 360! Oh no way, my PC is too!

Apparently those pesky exclusives that SW's is based off of don't matter.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts
I think alot of people are missing the point with the lack of 'hardcore' games for 360 this year. The people that want a 360 for these games already have one. I strongly believe that MS is working on the launch lineup for the new console. in the mean time that means selling systems to people that dont have them, the casual / family crowd. its business. Thats all. MS are just trying to reach more customers, as any company would do. (nintendo did, Sony tried) How many people that want to play gears / halo / forza etc dont already own a 360? My guess would be few indeed. That limits severly the number of units that can be sold. MS are not stupid, people should credit them with more intelligence.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ChubbyGuy40

Apparently those pesky exclusives that SW's is based off of don't matter. Heil68

Truly a sad day for SW.

I think alot of people are missing the point with the lack of 'hardcore' games for 360 this year. The people that want a 360 for these games already have one. I strongly believe that MS is working on the launch lineup for the new console. in the mean time that means selling systems to people that dont have them, the casual / family crowd. its business. Thats all. MS are just trying to reach more customers, as any company would do. (nintendo did, Sony tried) How many people that want to play gears / halo / forza etc dont already own a 360? My guess would be few indeed. That limits severly the number of units that can be sold. MS are not stupid, people should credit them with more intelligence. BibiMaghoo

It makes sense really. Microsoft already captured the core market, at least a good portion of it. They're focusing on casuals now because multiplats take care of the core for them. FFS three of their top 5 online games were Call of Duty. They're also pushing to combine Windows and Xbox into a unified platform, so it's the same experience across all devices. Not sure if that's a good idea or not though.

I still wish they'd give Rare a chance to make another Banjo-Kazooie game. If they make another Conker game, I'll buy their next console simply because of it.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

ChubbyGuy40

You like looking at little girls dancing? :O

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

ChubbyGuy40

Is this one of those "amazing Kinect games for the core audience"?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Not all of them are from MS oO And tbh the "core gamers" are more and more Kinect lovers xD

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ChubbyGuy40

Snugenz

Not at all! I meant to compliment that art style! Clearly the best art we're going to get in 2012. The excellent animations and color theory and used in a very well thought out manner....

I can't continue typing that :lol:

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

ChubbyGuy40

Not at all! I meant to compliment that art style! Clearly the best art we're going to get in 2012. The excellent animations and color theory and used in a very well thought out manner....

I can't continue typing that :lol:

I gotta admit, the rainbow trails are spectacular.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]Blah bla bla.... another year of cow whining and crying and another year my xbox is stuffed with the best games in the hobby... you cows love making a mountain out of mole hill dont cha....Heil68

Apparently those pesky exclusives that SW's is based off of don't matter.

Of course they matter... who said they "dont matter?" My gripe is with the false perception that the 360 is void of core games is belly busting laughable... if you want to say the wii has failed the core then godspeed.... if youre gonna piss about the console that shares 95% of the same games as ps3 including all ps3s goty nominees im gonna continue to call you out on it...
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BibiMaghoo

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Apparently those pesky exclusives that SW's is based off of don't matter. ChubbyGuy40

Truly a sad day for SW.

I think alot of people are missing the point with the lack of 'hardcore' games for 360 this year. The people that want a 360 for these games already have one. I strongly believe that MS is working on the launch lineup for the new console. in the mean time that means selling systems to people that dont have them, the casual / family crowd. its business. Thats all. MS are just trying to reach more customers, as any company would do. (nintendo did, Sony tried) How many people that want to play gears / halo / forza etc dont already own a 360? My guess would be few indeed. That limits severly the number of units that can be sold. MS are not stupid, people should credit them with more intelligence. BibiMaghoo

It makes sense really. Microsoft already captured the core market, at least a good portion of it. They're focusing on casuals now because multiplats take care of the core for them. FFS three of their top 5 online games were Call of Duty. They're also pushing to combine Windows and Xbox into a unified platform, so it's the same experience across all devices. Not sure if that's a good idea or not though.

I still wish they'd give Rare a chance to make another Banjo-Kazooie game. If they make another Conker game, I'll buy their next console simply because of it.

Thats it exactly, MS cant sell many more units to the core market with a couple of new games catering for them. They will sell software, but not hardware, something that gains them infinetly more revenue, especailly when you factor in the live fee. Rare are a notoriously secretive company. To my knowledge, no one knows what they are currently working on. It could just be that you will see Banjo or Conker sometime soon :) I see lots of people sad that they dont make many games these days, but who knows what they are working on now? I dont think a company that cost MS hundreds of millions of dollars will be sitting around drinking tea, they will be up to something for sure.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ChubbyGuy40

Thats it exactly, MS cant sell many more units to the core market with a couple of new games catering for them. They will sell software, but not hardware, something that gains them infinetly more revenue, especailly when you factor in the live fee. Rare are a notoriously secretive company. To my knowledge, no one knows what they are currently working on. It could just be that you will see Banjo or Conker sometime soon :) I see lots of people sad that they dont make many games these days, but who knows what they are working on now? I dont think a company that cost MS hundreds of millions of dollars will be sitting around drinking tea, they will be up to something for sure.BibiMaghoo

The lack of more first-party exclusives is what leads me to believe they're prepping for a next-gen console. That, and Wii-U and Windows 8 launch this year. Their top dev, Epic, is gone now. No more exclusives from them. They have 343 and that's it really.

They stripped Rare's office of everything of their past. No really, they did. They filled it and refitted it with Kinect and Kinect Sports crap. I still have that small bit of faith they'll be allowed to make a true game again, since MS can really use it. They're most likely working on Kinect Sports 3 though. :(

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BibiMaghoo

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"] Thats it exactly, MS cant sell many more units to the core market with a couple of new games catering for them. They will sell software, but not hardware, something that gains them infinetly more revenue, especailly when you factor in the live fee. Rare are a notoriously secretive company. To my knowledge, no one knows what they are currently working on. It could just be that you will see Banjo or Conker sometime soon :) I see lots of people sad that they dont make many games these days, but who knows what they are working on now? I dont think a company that cost MS hundreds of millions of dollars will be sitting around drinking tea, they will be up to something for sure.ChubbyGuy40

They stripped Rare's office of everything of their past. No really, they did. (

Really? that is shamefull. That would remove their identity as the devoloper they purchased. I would wonder why they would do such a thing. Out of curiosity, where did you read this?
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

They stripped Rare's office of everything of their past. No really, they did. (

BibiMaghoo

Really? that is shamefull. That would remove their identity as the devoloper they purchased. I would wonder why they would do such a thing. Out of curiosity, where did you read this?

Give me a minute and I'll find the link. It's really sad what they did. :(

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
360 used to have core games back in 2010 but not much now.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68
Of course they matter... who said they "dont matter?" My gripe is with the false perception that the 360 is void of core games is belly busting laughable... if you want to say the wii has failed the core then godspeed.... if youre gonna piss about the console that shares 95% of the same games as ps3 including all ps3s goty nominees im gonna continue to call you out on it...TheEroica
I only care about that 5% because I use consoles for exclusives and that 95% left over(multi plats) are better on my PC.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ChubbyGuy40

Really? that is shamefull. That would remove their identity as the devoloper they purchased. I would wonder why they would do such a thing. Out of curiosity, where did you read this? BibiMaghoo

Found the incredibly sad link

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#43 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]Blah bla bla.... another year of cow whining and crying and another year my xbox is stuffed with the best games in the hobby... you cows love making a mountain out of mole hill dont cha....ChubbyGuy40

Dude, you have no idea the amount of fun i have been having on and offline with Forza 4 and Gears 3, do you?

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BibiMaghoo

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"] Really? that is shamefull. That would remove their identity as the devoloper they purchased. I would wonder why they would do such a thing. Out of curiosity, where did you read this? ChubbyGuy40

wow, that is quite depressing. At least they saved a historical section of past games, so have something left, albeit small. Perhaps MS didnt want nintendo banners all over the studio, thats the kind of corporate nitpicking I see all the time in other companies, the one I work for included. The bannana stand is epic though, that made me smile :D Thanks for the link.
WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

It has already been proven the 360 has the best game library and exclusives just like it has been proven there is a healthy number of games coming out this year and a good number of exclusives as well. Live with it.

Plus...........a new console. Something Sony can't do into Vizio or Samsung buys them out.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"] Really? that is shamefull. That would remove their identity as the devoloper they purchased. I would wonder why they would do such a thing. Out of curiosity, where did you read this? BibiMaghoo

wow, that is quite depressing. At least they saved a historical section of past games, so have something left, albeit small. Perhaps MS didnt want nintendo banners all over the studio, thats the kind of corporate nitpicking I see all the time in other companies, the one I work for included. The bannana stand is epic though, that made me smile :D Thanks for the link.

:cry: Anything M$ touches turns to $hit
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]Of course they matter... who said they "dont matter?" My gripe is with the false perception that the 360 is void of core games is belly busting laughable... if you want to say the wii has failed the core then godspeed.... if youre gonna piss about the console that shares 95% of the same games as ps3 including all ps3s goty nominees im gonna continue to call you out on it...Heil68
I only care about that 5% because I use consoles for exclusives and that 95% left over(multi plats) are better on my PC.

Fair enough.... then you have absolutly no quarrel with a consumer purchasing a xbox based on its stellar library of core games and established exclusive franchises.... given they are a console only gamer. Surely you wouldnt "hate" a console based on a 5% difference and spread lies that even though 95% of the games are equal it has "no games"...
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]Of course they matter... who said they "dont matter?" My gripe is with the false perception that the 360 is void of core games is belly busting laughable... if you want to say the wii has failed the core then godspeed.... if youre gonna piss about the console that shares 95% of the same games as ps3 including all ps3s goty nominees im gonna continue to call you out on it...Heil68

Fair enough.... then you have absolutly no quarrel with a consumer purchasing a xbox based on its stellar library of core games and established exclusive franchises.... given they are a console only gamer. Surely you wouldnt "hate" a console based on a 5% difference and spread lies that even though 95% of the games are equal it has "no games"...
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"]Of course they matter... who said they "dont matter?" My gripe is with the false perception that the 360 is void of core games is belly busting laughable... if you want to say the wii has failed the core then godspeed.... if youre gonna piss about the console that shares 95% of the same games as ps3 including all ps3s goty nominees im gonna continue to call you out on it...TheEroica

The guy probably has a bot set up to find any threads that mention the 360 and to make a "360 has no games" posts in them :P. If he doesnt have a bot doing it for him... scary.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
So....Kinect compatability makes it casual?