Yes this is a legit PC Gaming complaint people

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Yes this is a legit PC complaint. Not another misconeption thread lol but a legit PC gaming complaint. You really can't argue with the fact that the PC has these three genre's on lock

1. MMORPG
  2. RTS
  3. FPS

Not to mention that it has tons of games both AAE and AAAE. Hell we all know that it has the most quality games out there. But at the end of the day it still has one glaring weakness to me.

I need to play Fighters and I need to play JRPGs. The PC just doensn't have an abundance of either of them nor does it really ever get high profile releases of either in this genre. Yes there is Guilty Gear for PC but I can't play Tekken, Soul Calibur, Shin Megami Tensei ect on a PC.

So while the PC remains strong on most fronts it does it does have two weak points in my view. Yes two isn't alot but they are two reasons that do warrent a purchase of at least one console in my book.

Well okay its not a weakness which leads to the utter destruction of PC gaming lol (come on guys work with me here :P ) But no matter how good PC gaming is it just doesn't cut it when it comes to JRPG's and Fighters. For that I need my console. Preference aside the PC doesn't offer much in these two genre's and although it is an immensly strong platform I don't see how anyone can argue against the point that PC isn't weak in these two genres.

Mozilla2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mozilla2006
Member since 2006 • 331 Posts

Yes this is a legit PC complaint. Not another misconeption thread lol but a legit PC gaming complaint. You really can't argue with the fact that the PC has these three genre's on lock

1. MMORPG
  2. RTS
  3. FPS

Not to mention that it has tons of games both AAE and AAAE. Hell we all know that it has the most quality games out there. But at the end of the day it still has one glaring weakness to me.

I need to play Fighters and I need to play JRPGs. The PC just doensn't have an abundance of either of them nor does it really ever get high profile releases of either in this genre. Yes there is Guilty Gear for PC but I can't play Tekken, Soul Calibur, Shin Megami Tensei ect on a PC.

So while the PC remains strong in all of the things and on all fronts it does it does have two weak points in my view. Yes wo is much less then anything else but yes they are two reasons that do warrent a purchase of at least one console in my book.

Well okay its not a weakness which leads to the utter destruction of PC gaming lol (come on guys work with me here :P ) But no matter how good PC gaming is it just doesn't cut it when it comes to JRPG's and Fighters. For that I need my console. Preference aside the PC doesn't offer much in these two genre's and although it is an immensly strong platform I don't see how anyone can argue against the point that PC isn't weak in these two genres.

Blackbond

play neither so could care less lol.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

1. MMORPG
  2. RTS
  3. FPS

So while the PC remains strong in all of the things and on all fronts it does it does have two weak points in my view. Yes wo is much less then anything else but yes they are two reasons that do warrent a purchase of at least one console in my book.

Mozilla2006

Yes but just because you play neither doesn't mean you can deny the facts :P

Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts
Lmao if had to be someone complaining about PC,leave it to black bond haha.
True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

1. MMORPG
  2. RTS
  3. FPS

Blackbond

DoA online is coming as an exclusive to PC...

Anyway buying a PS3 just for 2 genres is kinda sad...

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts
PC can play all console games before PS2 :wink:
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
You can play shin Megami Tensei and set your face on fire as protest against Atlus :D
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

True_Gamer_
Looking at the preview,thats just Dead or Alive 3...which came out at the launch of the original Xbox. ^_^ Its fighting game though,one of the best...and its old.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
Emulation, yo.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blackbond

True_Gamer_

Man I never thought I'd get to say this. But seeing as how I don't own a PS3 and I said console I finally get to say this lol.

So DOA Online (remember Xbox and Xbox 360 already have online DOA's) is coming to PC huh? So I um gotta, lets see....oh yeah. I gotta WAIT right?

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
I am not complaining.
True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts
[QUOTE="True_Gamer_"]

Blackbond

Man I never thought I'd get to say this. But seeing as how I don't own a PS3 and I said console I finally get to say this lol.

So DOA Online (remember Xbox and Xbox 360 already have online DOA's) is coming to PC huh? So I um gotta, lets see....oh yeah. I gotta WAIT right?

Hmm how is the 360 going with JRPGs? Too much love from Japan side? :lol:

ArcticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ArcticSnake
Member since 2003 • 942 Posts

Remember that like many people said, you can play a lot of fighters and JRPGs... before the 2000s technically.

A gamepad is a great investment and the oppurtunities are amazing. Right now I'm playing Mario 64, Zelda OOT, Spyro 2, and the first silent hill on my computer with the gamepad and its just flawless.

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts

Emulation, yo.Zeliard9

Illegal yo. :P

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="True_Gamer_"]

True_Gamer_

Hmm how is the 360 going with JRPGs? Too much love from Japan side? :lol:

When did I say you needed a 360? I said you needed a console. For all you know I can just say okay a PS2 which is still getting new released JRPG.

Your making exuses now man. Oh and Eternal Sonata is great. Next up Lost Oddesey.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="Mozilla2006"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]

1. MMORPG
  2. RTS
  3. FPS

Blackbond

Yes but just because you play neither doesn't mean you can deny the facts :P

Thats complete preference then being a actual weakness. The same could be said for numerous consoles and handhelds.

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
Other genres that PC doesn't do particularly well:
-Platformer
-sports
-minigame compilations
-beat-em up

Not that I'm complaining or anything. That's why I own consoles in addition to my PC. There are exceptions to all of the genres I listed, but generally speaking those are all genres better left to home consoles.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zeliard9

[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Emulation, yo.DementedDragon

No, not necessarily. That's a big misconception. But you tell me what's so illegal about sticking an FF9 PSX disc into your computer and emulating it.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blackbond

Remember that like many people said, you can play a lot of fighters and JRPGs... before the 2000s technically.

A gamepad is a great investment and the oppurtunities are amazing. Right now I'm playing Mario 64, Zelda OOT, Spyro 2, and the first silent hill on my computer with the gamepad and its just flawless.

ArcticSnake

That still doesn't solve my problem on how would I use a PC to play Virtua Fighter 5, DOA 4, Street Fighter IV, Soul Calibur IV ect. Essentially I'm saying JRPGS and Fighters are not getting modern day featured releases on PC.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AdrianWerner

Other genres that PC doesn't do particularly well:
-Platformer
-sports
-minigame compilations
-beat-em up

Not that I'm complaining or anything. That's why I own consoles in addition to my PC. There are exceptions to all of the genres I listed, but generally speaking those are all genres better left to home consoles.
SmashBrosLegend

Wrong about platformers. It might not do well in 3D ones, but it completely dominates 2D platformers nowadays.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="ArcticSnake"]

Blackbond

That still doesn't solve my problem on how would I use a PC to play Virtua Fighter 5, DOA 4, Street Fighter IV, Soul Calibur IV ect. Essentially I'm saying JRPGS and Fighters are not getting modern day featured releases on PC.

As I said earlier this ISN'T a weakness this is an opinion on preference, the exact same could be said for consoles when it comes to certain genres when comparing them to the pc.. My much beloved space simulation (both wide open and combat orientated) is non existent on the console.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blackbond
[QUOTE="DementedDragon"]

[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Emulation, yo.Zeliard9

No, not necessarily. That's a big misconception. But you tell me what's so illegal about sticking an FF9 PSX disc into your computer and emulating it.

Yes I play many of my PS1 games in higher res on my laptop but how does that help me play modern day JRPG and Fighting releases?

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
[QUOTE="DementedDragon"]

It's illegal to own a copy of the PSX bios if you do not actually own the console.

And if you owned the console, I doubt you would be emulating it.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
well while noboday denies this (i think) still there are many genres that are not very much abundant on consoles like rts, simulations, adventure games etc.
DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts
[QUOTE="DementedDragon"]

Well I guess as long as you keep it to yourself, it's fine. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="Zeliard9"][QUOTE="DementedDragon"]
[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Emulation, yo.SmashBrosLegend

It's illegal to own a copy of the PSX bios if you do not actually own the console.

Thats not nccesarly true... Have a really good laptop you could have it tv out to yoru huge tv.. Why would you do this? Better visuals of course. Hell the persons console could have broke, my PS2 for instances is unable to play dvd games now..

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="ArcticSnake"]

sSubZerOo

As I said earlier this ISN'T a weakness this is an opinion on preference, the exact same could be said for consoles when it comes to certain genres when comparing them to the pc.. My much beloved space simulation (both wide open and combat orientated) is non existent on the console.

Yes each console has many weaknesses as well. I'm not denying that. But this thread isn't about the console(s)

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AdrianWerner
Gametap has over 80 fighting games, all playable online (including all 2D SNK games up untill their 2003 relases). Throw in Melty Blood, GuiltyGear and lots of doujin fighters and PC the best modern platform for 2D fighters. Ironic, isn't it? :)
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts

Emulation, yo.Zeliard9

Word

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Blackbond

well while noboday denies this (i think) still there are many genres that are not very much abundant on consoles like rts, simulations, adventure games etc.naval

See people my man here knows his stuff.

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zeliard9

[QUOTE="Zeliard9"][QUOTE="DementedDragon"]
[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Emulation, yo.SmashBrosLegend

I own the console, and I emulate because it offers significantly better graphics at a higher resolution.

Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Unforgiven2870
[QUOTE="ArcticSnake"]

Blackbond

They Don't invent these for nothing.

:D

And gametap haha.

ArcticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ArcticSnake
Member since 2003 • 942 Posts
At the end of the day, I personally think that there is a warrant to just buy all the consoles and a good gaming PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="ArcticSnake"]

Blackbond

Yes each console has many weaknesses as well. I'm not denying that. But this thread isn't about the console(s)

Yes you are talking about consoles.. When your bringing into the fact that you like JRPG's and fighters which consoles have, it does have something to do with consoles.. I am not disagreeing with you, just saying its NOT a weakness, just a disagreement with the chosen preference.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blackbond

Gametap has over 80 fighting games, all playable online (including all 2D SNK games up untill their 2003 relases). Throw in Melty Blood, GuiltyGear and lots of doujin fighters and PC the best modern platform for 2D fighters. Ironic, isn't it? :)AdrianWerner

Damn....well I will admit I forgot about GameTap and yes this does serious damage to my thread lol.

But for modern JRPG and Fighting releases the PC is still lacking. But yeah gametap is pretty sick.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gunraidan
Member since 2007 • 4272 Posts
This is the only thing PC's lack. Quanity of Quality of Japanese games.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zeliard9

At the end of the day, I personally think that there is a warrant to just buy all the consoles and a good gaming PC.ArcticSnake

I've always had consoles along with a PC, though, for the reasons Blackbond stated. Consoles get more platformers, fighting games and JRPGs. But I've often played those types of games on my PC with a gamepad (pre-PS2), even though I owned the actual systems, for the numerous advantages that emulation gives.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Blackbond

Gametap emulation = a legit defense

Emulation Emulation = does not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]Gametap has over 80 fighting games, all playable online (including all 2D SNK games up untill their 2003 relases). Throw in Melty Blood, GuiltyGear and lots of doujin fighters and PC the best modern platform for 2D fighters. Ironic, isn't it? :)Blackbond

Damn....well I will admit I forgot about GameTap and yes this does serious damage to my thread lol.

But for modern JRPG and Fighting releases the PC is still lacking. But yeah gametap is pretty sick.

Apples and Oranges, the same could be said for the PC having different genres.. You may prefer the acidic/tangy taste of the orange over the apple but they by no means makes it some kind of a weakness for the apple..

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]Gametap has over 80 fighting games, all playable online (including all 2D SNK games up untill their 2003 relases). Throw in Melty Blood, GuiltyGear and lots of doujin fighters and PC the best modern platform for 2D fighters. Ironic, isn't it? :)sSubZerOo

Apples and Oranges, the same could be said for the PC having different genres.. You may prefer the acidic/tangy taste of the orange over the apple but they by no means makes it some kind of a weakness for the apple..

And the same is said for PC gaming having different genres. You act like the PC doesn't dominate in RTS, MMORPG and FPS :|

mikemil828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mikemil828
Member since 2003 • 7024 Posts

1. MMORPG
  2. RTS
  3. FPS

So while the PC remains strong on most fronts it does it does have two weak points in my view. Yes two isn't alot but they are two reasons that do warrent a purchase of at least one console in my book.

Blackbond

Reason why fighters are uncommon on the pc is that some folks would claim that their lousy pc that only renders the game at 20fps lost them the match instead of their lack of skill. Fighters are only genre that consoles would do better because frames are consistant among all of the same console, which is important as many fighters demand precise movements on certain frames of an animation in order to counter attack and so forth.

As for JRPGs, the Japanese generally relegate their pcs to playing pornographic choose you own adventure type games that the console manufactures won't allow on their systems. PC game popularity varies between countries, in Japan it isn't popular, however in South Korea they can't get enough of pc gaming.

elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 elbow2k
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts

This is more of an opinion thing but, I can't help but realize that you put down fighters.

I've always looked at PC gaming as a "solo" thing - meaning that it's meant to be played by just one individual, with the multiplayer coming in the form of online gaming.

To me, fighters emphasize multiplayer from the get go, because those are the games that you sit around with your buddies, turn on the big screen TV, and have a blast playing; now they've even gotten online. I guess you can fault me, because I grew up in the Street Fighter era, where it was just about playing with your friends, which I don't think PC gaming could ever replicate.

As for JRPG; I don't know much about Japanese computer gaming, maybe because they don't(?), maybe someone could clarify this for me. But taking a look at the giants of JRPG, Squaresoft (Square Enix) and others, they all sprung out of consoles, which almost makes one think that is where they belong.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="ArcticSnake"]

Unforgiven2870

And gametap haha.

Where do I put the Virtua Fighter 5 and DOA4 on this controller? Where will Soul Calibur 4 and Tekken 6 go?

:P

Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Unforgiven2870
[QUOTE="Unforgiven2870"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="ArcticSnake"]

Blackbond

And gametap haha.

Where do I put the Virtua Fighter 5 and DOA4 on this controller? Where will Soul Calibur 4 and Tekken 6 go?

Don't even try it lmao.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AdrianWerner
[QUOTE="Unforgiven2870"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="ArcticSnake"]

Blackbond

And gametap haha.

The same place where Last Blade 2 or KoF 2003 go on 360 pad :P

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="Unforgiven2870"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="ArcticSnake"]

AdrianWerner

And gametap haha.

The same place where Last Blade 2 or KoF 2003 go on 360 pad :P

In the Dreamcast and the PS2/Xbox/Neo Geo???

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

You are absolutly right. The PC lacks fighters and JRPGs. Why? Those games are built for controllers.

The console can't do MMORPGs or RTSs well. The PC can't do fighters well and there just aren't any JRPGs for the PC.

Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Unforgiven2870

You are absolutly right. The PC lacks fighters and JRPGs. Why? Those games are built for controllers.

The console can't do MMORPGs or RTSs well. The PC can't do fighters well and there just aren't any JRPGs for the PC.

Wasdie
Yess how's the 360 version of Worild In Conflict and C&C 3 doing?:P
radiocreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 radiocreed
Member since 2005 • 1588 Posts
Buy yourself a PS2 for fighters and JRPG.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Lol at these guys talking about emulation.

...and you call yourselves gamers....gamers play the actual game, not some washed up ported code.

It's like buying a bootleg of your favorite movie.

...at least imo, maybe I'm so anti-emulation because I collect gaming software, having the boxes and instructions etc actually matters to me.

Anyway, emulation FTL lol.