Yamauchi Responds to GT5 Track Editor Rumors, Dynamic Weather, Box Art (Video)

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

IGN: "Have you finalized plans for a track editor?"

Yamauchi: "Things like that I can't really discuss yet. This can be said about all the GT development. Until we're very close to release we won't have a finalized decision on a lot of things."

IGN: "If there is a track editor, that will make your job easier, right? Because you can make fans design the tracks instead of your team."

Yamauchi: "[Laughs] A lot of the courses we set up, we take a long time fine-tuning the details and building the track, so it would probably be a bit different thanthe types of tracks the users will set up in the game."

Dynamic Weather?

"Technically it's already possible to do in the game, it's just how we're going to have that have meaning in the game."

SLS AMG Box Art?

"[Laughs] That's something else we can't really talk about yet, but I'm surprised at the level of detail everyone is focused on."

http://www.gtplanet.net/yamauchi-responds-to-gt5-track-editor-rumors/

^ Read Entire Article / Watch Video Interview w/ SEMA Demo gameplay footage

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

Nothing new here.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

He doesn't reveal anything at all.Those GT5 developers..... they surely take their time.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
Hopefully he takes the hint that people would embrace the track editor, and includes it.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
why do they even ask him questions anymore...he hasnt answered one in the last five years.....this is getting old and im tired of waiting for this game
Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts
why do they even ask him questions anymore...he hasnt answered one in the last five years.....this is getting old and im tired of waiting for this gamestereointegrity
so true if anyone can beat the bush its him.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

It is pointless interviewing him, he never reveals anything about the game

That being said, GT5 will be amazing

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

ahhh

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rza_rectah

I take a break from SW for a while, come back and what a suprise, here's Riku posting the same old rhetoric of KY saying the same old thing.

Wubba
who are you?
zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts

thelastguy

Did you check out the new damage screens for GT5? Still seems unfinished but it's getting better.

Off screen / low quality, but you can see they are workin on it.

Also, here are some AWESOME gifs (clips from video) showing the GREAT replay footage.

http://i35.tinypic.com/1zl80oz.gif

http://i35.tinypic.com/k1z0wi.gif

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zero_snake99

Proof of possible livery editor for those who care. (I don't, but nice find on this users part)

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3632906&postcount=14

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thelastguy

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

zero_snake99

Did you check out the new damage screens for GT5? Still seems unfinished but it's getting better.

Also, here are some AWESOME gifs (clips from video) showing the GREAT replay footage.

Yeah, I saw those

Looks unbelievable :o

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rza_rectah
[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

thats dangerous come on GT 5 and perfection.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#16 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Yamauchi is a chump, all bark and no bite Two AAAs in the time it takes to develop one title is all the bite Turn 10 needs
Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rza_rectah
Yamauchi is a chump, all bark and no bite Two AAAs in the time it takes to develop one title is all the bite Turn 10 needsToriko42
perfection does take time I admire his work and not the rehash that is forza.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thelastguy

Is it just me or do gear shift animations immerse you more into the game?

When playing a game that doesn't have them, there is just something lacking

Even the cars with the paddle shifters in GT5, there was no animations, it just killed the realism (for me at least)

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Yamauchi is a chump, all bark and no bite Two AAAs in the time it takes to develop one title is all the bite Turn 10 needsRza_rectah

A rehash that gets a 9.5, I doubt it After all, in the end all Yamauchi is gonna do is copy Forza and put in a custom track editor. I mean really, do you honestly thing GT5 will get a 10, thats what it has to get to be officially better then Forza and it won't.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thelastguy

Yamauchi is a chump, all bark and no bite Two AAAs in the time it takes to develop one title is all the bite Turn 10 needsToriko42

Well the longer dev period gave us more cars, superior graphics and superior cockpit views

All depends on what matters to you the most

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Even the cars with the paddle shifters in GT5, there was no animations, it just killed the realism (for me at least)

thelastguy
It's all those little things that make GT a quality experience. This and the presentation is why I prefer the Gran Turismo series over any other racing game.
Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rza_rectah
[QUOTE="Rza_rectah"][QUOTE="Toriko42"]Yamauchi is a chump, all bark and no bite Two AAAs in the time it takes to develop one title is all the bite Turn 10 needsToriko42

A rehash that gets a 9.5, I doubt it After all, in the end all Yamauchi is gonna do is copy Forza and put in a custom track editor. I mean really, do you honestly thing GT5 will get a 10, thats what it has to get to be officially better then Forza and it won't.

Halo has been rehash since 1.... copy the gt formula has been the foundation for forza who copied who? Its called out doing since GT will have everything that forza has and some. I can careless what score it gets here it can get 7.5 for all I care its but If i play it and its amazing then thats all I need.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Toriko42

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Yamauchi is a chump, all bark and no bite Two AAAs in the time it takes to develop one title is all the bite Turn 10 needsthelastguy

Well the longer dev period gave us more cars, superior graphics and superior cockpit views

I don't play racing games but I wouldn't imagine a superior cockpit view to be a factor in the fun
Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rza_rectah
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="thelastguy"]

I don't play racing games but I wouldn't imagine a superior cockpit view to be a factor in the fun

Its not shift had a sick cockpit but at times it got annoying and hard to see out the windshield.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thelastguy

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Yamauchi is a chump, all bark and no bite Two AAAs in the time it takes to develop one title is all the bite Turn 10 needsToriko42

It makes it more convincing that you are actually driving the car

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rza_rectah
[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="thelastguy"]

It makes it more convincing that you are actually driving the car

hardly give me my street level view and im nice cockpit is distracting at times and high speeds.
zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zero_snake99

thelastguy
I love the shifting animations on GT5P. I like how if you are just near the rev limiter, the guy will keep his hand down, prepped for when you need to shift.
Halo__Reach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Halo__Reach
Member since 2009 • 443 Posts

I take a break from SW for a while, come back and what a suprise, here's Riku posting the same old rhetoric of KY saying the same old thing.

Wubba
pretty much, him and a few other cows, love to believe anything that lazy developer has to say about gt5, they eat it up and it is laughable, i cant wait to see that garbage get 8.5'd i will laugh so damn hard
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

hhmm i am a bit concerned after this interview.. (still though looking forward to this game :P )

1) Track editor :- It may disappoint many who will expect a full track editing 'tool' which lets you create a brand new track (ala Modnation racers).. I think most probably it will just let you adjust existing tracks and just create a 'variation' of that particular track..

2) Dynamic Weather:- so it can be already implemented but PD seems rather sceptical about putting it in the final version (this is just a feeling i got).. I understand that Yamauchi wants weather to have a meaning in the game which translates in weather effecting the handling, tuning and overall outcome of a race but i hope that since it was mentioned previously PD make sure it gets in the final version and is not just there for the looks but truly effects the performance of the cars on tracks..

3) Box art:- I DONT REALLY CARE.. they can put a donkey with its cart for all i care... its the game i am looking forward to not the box-art..

4) Give an official release date in Europe !!!!!!!!!!!

Halo__Reach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Halo__Reach
Member since 2009 • 443 Posts
[QUOTE="zero_snake99"][QUOTE="Halo__Reach"][QUOTE="Wubba"]

pretty much, him and a few other cows, love to believe anything that lazy developer has to say about gt5, they eat it up and it is laughable, i cant wait to see that garbage get 8.5'd i will laugh so damn hard

Seriously? o_O? Get out of this thread. My God...

lets see, the last gt4 got less than AAA and had ride the rail no damage and no online, that was 5 YEARS ago. since then there have been 3...yes 3 AAA forza games with all 3 having online....while you guys eat up any info that will end up being nothing but catch up to the godly forza series. eat it
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"][QUOTE="Halo__Reach"] pretty much, him and a few other cows, love to believe anything that lazy developer has to say about gt5, they eat it up and it is laughable, i cant wait to see that garbage get 8.5'd i will laugh so damn hardHalo__Reach

lets see, the last gt4 got less than AAA and had ride the rail no damage and no online, that was 5 YEARS ago. since then there have been 3...yes 3 AAA forza games with all 3 having online....while you guys eat up any info that will end up being nothing but catch up to the godly forza series. eat it

but you and many others need to seriously make up your minds.. when it favours your console of preference you use the long development time of some PS3 exclusives to bash the games/devs/PS3.. then when games which took3+ years to develop which end up receiving great scores + superior visuals to any other game on consoles you say, but if (360)devs had the same budget, time & engine built from scratch games on 360 would look equally better...

So you (in general, not specifically you :P ) contradict yourselves cause deep down you know that some games take more time due to building up a new game engine, however you again tend to forget that others like Naughty Dog, Evolution& Insomniac already realeased 7 titles in less than 3 yrsbetween them.. meaning that its not just about time & visuals but scale and GT5 with its new engine,huge list of cars, tracks & features/fuctions would surely take a considerable amount of time to finish..

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Ehh. We'll see how Gran Turismo 5 turns out. I ain't expecting much.
Jesus_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jesus_on_fire
Member since 2008 • 2022 Posts

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"][QUOTE="Halo__Reach"] pretty much, him and a few other cows, love to believe anything that lazy developer has to say about gt5, they eat it up and it is laughable, i cant wait to see that garbage get 8.5'd i will laugh so damn hardHalo__Reach

Well thanks for explaining why GT4 didnt have damage! Its 5 years old! I feel so better knowing that! Lazy Devs? How is taking his time being lazy? The only lazy devs i can think of are the ones who release a new game using the same old engine with nothing changed(Not aimed at anyone in paticular just in general)

ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChartTopper93
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Rza_rectah"] perfection does take time I admire his work and not the rehash that is forza.Rza_rectah

Halo has been rehash since 1.... copy the gt formula has been the foundation for forza who copied who? Its called out doing since GT will have everything that forza has and some. I can careless what score it gets here it can get 7.5 for all I care its but If i play it and its amazing then thats all I need.

why do cows constantly bring Halo up...? that game doesnt belong in this conversation at all, and yet here it goes. cows are more obsessed with that game than lemmings are. thats how you know the PS3 has nothing like it...from their constant need to try and rip it down. which isnt possible. its all very see thru.

on topic, if they still can't tell u anything about the game after 5 years....something is wrong. after 5 years of dev time and all this withoholding info this game better get 10z across the board or its a flop in the same category of killzone2. all flash, no substance.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

"Things like that I can't really discuss yet. This can be said about all the GT development. Until we're very close to release we won't have a finalized decision on a lot of things."

Well that's certainly ominous.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

Less than AAA is such a joke! 8.9 is what GT4 got for a score, anyone past third grade can handle rounding that score for the modern scoring increment system here. GT4 would be AAA, and even if not it is 0.1 less! Only the most rabid fanboy would actually think that is rational.
Jesus_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jesus_on_fire

[QUOTE="Rza_rectah"][QUOTE="Toriko42"] A rehash that gets a 9.5, I doubt it After all, in the end all Yamauchi is gonna do is copy Forza and put in a custom track editor. I mean really, do you honestly thing GT5 will get a 10, thats what it has to get to be officially better then Forza and it won't. ChartTopper93

why do cows constantly bring Halo up...? that game doesnt belong in this conversation at all, and yet here it goes. cows are more obsessed with that game than lemmings are. thats how you know the PS3 has nothing like it...from their constant need to try and rip it down. which isnt possible. its all very see thru.

on topic, if they still can't tell u anything about the game after 5 years....something is wrong. after 5 years of dev time and all this withoholding info this game better get 10z across the board or its a flop in the same category of killzone2. all flash, no substance. Please note that cows are not allowed to bring up Halo in a thread that has no relevance to halo. But please disregard the fact i brought up Killzone 2 in a non-Killzone 2 related thread. Thank you.

Thats the thing though, Yamauchi is a extreme perfectionist. If he were to lay it all out there saying "Yes we have a track editor, yes we have dynamic weather....." and so on and he were to find that that dynamic weather or a track editor was too hard to implement or that it just didnt work in the context of the game and he had to take it out how did you think the fans of gt would feel? Do you even remember the online fiasco in GT4?. Besides we do know alot about it. It will have around 1000 cars, 20 unique tracks (70 variations) and online play with damage

BTW how is Killzone a Flop? It got AAA status here and got a 91 on Metacritic. And i just realised a double standard in your post. See the red text

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
So basicly we should *just wait*. GT5 better be epic..
Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Racer850
Member since 2009 • 2293 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Rza_rectah"] perfection does take time I admire his work and not the rehash that is forza.Rza_rectah

Keep damage controlling, keep trying to convince yourself forza 3 is a rehash when in reality it's 9.2/10 on metacritic and 9.5/10 on here.
ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ChartTopper93

[QUOTE="ChartTopper93"]

[QUOTE="Rza_rectah"] Halo has been rehash since 1.... copy the gt formula has been the foundation for forza who copied who? Its called out doing since GT will have everything that forza has and some. I can careless what score it gets here it can get 7.5 for all I care its but If i play it and its amazing then thats all I need.Jesus_on_fire

on topic, if they still can't tell u anything about the game after 5 years....something is wrong. after 5 years of dev time and all this withoholding info this game better get 10z across the board or its a flop in the same category of killzone2;). all flash, no substance. Please note that cows are not allowed to bring up Halo in a thread that has no relevance to halo. But please disregard the fact i brought up Killzone 2 in a non-Killzone 2 related thread. Thank you.

Thats the thing though, Yamauchi is a extreme perfectionist. If he were to lay it all out there saying "Yes we have a track editor, yes we have dynamic weather....." and so on and he were to find that that dynamic weather or a track editor was too hard to implement or that it just didnt work in the context of the game and he had to take it out how did you think the fans of gt would feel? Do you even remember the online fiasco in GT4?. Besides we do know alot about it. It will have around 1000 cars, 20 unique tracks (70 variations) and online play with damage

BTW how is Killzone a Flop? It got AAA status here and got a 91 on Metacritic. And i just realised a double standard in your post. See the red text

i did that on purpose *******. c'mon, use that massive brain you trying to display. intentional irony, or did you need a funny lil smiley face to pick that out. here, i'll fix it so you'll be able to figure it out.

anyway, yes, technically Killzone 2 wasnt a flop. but in reality it flopped for a lot of people on here in it being generic with broken(or hard to use) gameplay. read through other threads. you'll see many people saying how they didnt really like the game for certain reasons besides the most fanatic fanboys.

salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts
[QUOTE="Halo__Reach"][QUOTE="zero_snake99"] Seriously? o_O? Get out of this thread. My God...warbmxjohn

Less than AAA is such a joke! 8.9 is what GT4 got for a score, anyone past third grade can handle rounding that score for the modern scoring increment system here. GT4 would be AAA, and even if not it is 0.1 less! Only the most rabid fanboy would actually think that is rational.

Bu...bu...but then we can't laugh at Twilight Princess's 8.8 :P I kid
Jesus_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jesus_on_fire

[QUOTE="Jesus_on_fire"]

[QUOTE="ChartTopper93"]

on topic, if they still can't tell u anything about the game after 5 years....something is wrong. after 5 years of dev time and all this withoholding info this game better get 10z across the board or its a flop in the same category of killzone2;). all flash, no substance. Please note that cows are not allowed to bring up Halo in a thread that has no relevance to halo. But please disregard the fact i brought up Killzone 2 in a non-Killzone 2 related thread. Thank you.ChartTopper93

i did that on purpose *******. c'mon, use that massive brain you trying to display. intentional irony, or did you need a funny lil smiley face to pick that out. here, i'll fix it so you'll be able to figure it out.

anyway, yes, technically Killzone 2 wasnt a flop. but in reality it flopped for a lot of people on here in it being generic with broken(or hard to use) gameplay. read through other threads. you'll see many people saying how they didnt really like the game for certain reasons besides the most fanatic fanboys.

Intentional Irony? Tell me then what was the intention of your use of irony, Oh i get it you were making fun of hypocritical lems! Curse my barbaric and primitive mind, it doesn't hold a candle to your superior intellect.

Oh and im sure if you look hard enough you'll find that people that hate the games you hold to such high regard. That in it self raises a question where do we draw the line as to what defines a flop?

I still dont see any "intentional" irony in your post however i do see some damage control in your second post

ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ChartTopper93

[QUOTE="ChartTopper93"]

[QUOTE="Jesus_on_fire"]

Jesus_on_fire

Intentional Irony? Tell me then what was the intention of your use of irony, Oh i get it you were making fun of hypocritical lems! Curse my barbaric and primitive mind, it doesn't hold a candle to your superior intellect.

Oh and im sure if you look hard enough you'll find that people that hate the games you hold to such high regard. That in it self raises a question where do we draw the line as to what defines a flop?

I still dont see any "intentional" irony in your post however i do see some damage control in your second post

aww ur sore...lol. i never said ur mind was primitive or barbaric friend. or even that my mind is "superior". actually, i think its lame when people even use the word, don't you? i mean, read what you wrote over. doesnt it sound a bit...stupid? but yea, i was just saying that ur comprehension skills are lacking. i put the smiley in for you. everything should be fine now...stop the sarcasm.

for the record though. i hold no game in high regard on any platform. i was just stating the obvious of a constant thing that happens here in system wars with my first post. i wasnt "defending halo" or choosing a side...i was just pointing out a petty act and saying some should grow up and move on. it adds nothing to these boards, i mean we're all tired of rolling our eyes by now. but since u like smileys:roll:

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

thanks for clearing that up Yamauchi...:?. I really dont understand how they can talk about all these features as if they are going to add them at the last minute, it will only have a negetive effect on the overall polish of the game. Surely thats exactly what he's been saying they're trying not to do.

Also they seem to have plenty of time to be working on things that might not make it to the final game, which seems a little strange.

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts

thanks for clearing that up Yamauchi...:?. I really dont understand how they can talk about all these features as if they are going to add them at the last minute, it will only have a negetive effect on the overall polish of the game. Surely thats exactly what he's been saying they're trying not to do.

Also they seem to have plenty of time to be working on things that might not make it to the final game, which seems a little strange.

marklarmer
:| When you design any products there are always things that don't make it in the final cut.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

Adrian_Cloud

:| When you design any products there are always things that don't make it in the final cut.

yes, but these are pretty major features which will effect both the single player and online aspect of the game, which means a huge amount of time and effort to get them right, with the possibility of further delays and a huge amount of time and effort wasted if they dont make the final cut. It seems a bit like he's just been listing things to increase the hype behind the game.

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts

[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="marklarmer"]

marklarmer

yes, but these are pretty major features which will effect both the single player and online aspect of the game, which means a huge amount of time and effort to get them right, with the possibility of further delays and a huge amount of time and effort wasted if they dont make the final cut. It seems a bit like he's just been listing things to increase the hype behind the game.

Maybe he is trying to create more hype, but i don't think thats necessary for a game that manufacters offer to pay to put their cars in. GT has enough recognition, they took online out of GT4 because it wasn't up to par. If they had it in GT4, would people still be happy if it was a laggy piece of junk and you could barely get a proper connection.
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

We get all this information on these features but we only ever see bullshots from them, it is hard to get excited when over a couple years all we have is bullshots and text information. I want some video demos :evil: