Yakuza 6 - When the Town Plays Hard...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Play Harder!

I think Yakuza, and specifically this trailer, summarizes everything that I love about SEGA games.

So who else is excited to play Kiryu's last ride (and lowkey Virtua Fighter 5 on modern hardware) and has also pre-ordered? Cuz you know this guy did.

If you've never played a Yakuza, don't worry there's still time, because 0 and Kiwami are readily available and are the perfect places to start. If that's still not enough, may I recommend this excellent video by HyperBitHero, which explains everything that you need to know about Yakuza for a potentially interested newcomer. It's a long running series, and even though each story is self contained, it definitely helps to know at least the basic idea of the overall plot.

These are secretly the best Playstation exclusives, so please join me on the hype train my fellow kyodai, because there isn't anything else out there like Yakuza.

Go Warriors!

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3481 Posts

struggling to keep up with the Yakuza series. Played Yakuza 3 and 4, but finding space for Yakuza 5 is difficult. Not even touched Yakuza 0 and Kiwami. dont know if I should jump straight to Yakuza 6 for the sake of time.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Renegade_Fury

@omegamaster: 5 is super long. I'm actually playing it right now, and it's easily a 100 hour experience without going for everything. Zero is a lot better paced, and it's the best game in the series, but you don't need to play it to understand what's going on in 6; the same with Kiwami if you've already played 3 and 4. The only thing with 5 is that its ending ties into the beginning of 6, otherwise you're good.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I think I'm going to wait until Kiwami 2 (I'm sure it will get localized) and see if they do Kiwami 3 down the line as well. Yakuza 6 can wait. People are saying that 6 isn't nearly as good as GOTY contender Yakuza 0 , so keep that in mind for the hype game.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Renegade_Fury

@Nike_Air: People are comparing it to Yakuza 3, which was stripped down compared to 2 since it was built on a new engine and console. The other thing is that I hear the story's ending might upset some people, but otherwise if you go in expecting Yakuza 3, which was still a good game, you'll undoubtedly have fun. Kiwami 2 seems to have fixed everything people had against 6, so yeah, that game will be the better of the two whenever it gets a western release.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45238 Posts

I only played Yakuza 0 but I loved it. I own Kiwami and need to start that soon.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@Nike_Air: I have kiwami 2 and have beaten the original yakuza 2 on PS2. I can tell you it is awesome. Easily the best yakuza game.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Got it pre-ordered. But i think i'm more hyped for Kiwami 2.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

I played all the games (that came westward) and loved them except dead souls. I'm ready! I recommend the series to any person who is a fan of games. I wouldn't try playing them one after another because fatigue will ruin the experience for some.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I feel like I will play Yakuzo 0 and then be saturated XD

Yakuza Yakuzo. Tomato tomato.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#11 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

They showed the clan creator minigame.

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/yakuza-6-song-life-clan-creator-trailer

Loading Video...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#12 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19581 Posts

Looking forward to it. Although I've got some catching up to do.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#13 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

This game got delayed to April 17th. The demo launches on February 27th. You can transfer your save data from the demo to the full game.

https://gematsu.com/2018/02/yakuza-6-song-life-delayed-april-17-americas-europe-demo-launches-february-27