Xbox360 has the more powerful Graphic chip

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerking178
Member since 2005 • 669 Posts

XT 2900 vs 7800GT.

Gear's 1 and 2 took 2 yrs to make. Killzone 2 took 5.

And looks say 20% better.

That's why KZ2 is O/Rated Graphics hype.

P.S. Crysis still owns it ;)

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

This is all good and well, but unfotunately its not just the graphics chip which makes games look good.

The reason games like Killzone 2 look better than gears is becuase the ps3 is more powerful, and can handle more things at once.

Which is why we wont be seeing a game like killzone 2 on the 360.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts

XT 2900 vs 7800GT.

gamerking178
KZ 2 looks better than both and tell me, how long has Gears engine been in existence? Ya, I thought so.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Killzone 2 took 5.gamerking178
Honestly, it seems to go up by 1 year every time you guys mention it. 5 years ago, the first Killzone wasn't even out. And then they were working on Killzone: Liberation for the PSP until 2006. I doubt it's any more than 4 years.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

XT 2900 vs 7800GT.

gamerking178
. Hey I make movies, not to similar but you ever hear of a Production schedule?
speedsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 speedsix
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts

The reason games like Killzone 2 look better than gears is becuase the ps3 is more powerful, and can handle more things at once.

NinjaMunkey01

Just checking you realise that's pure speculation and just your opinion. My opinion is, given the 'usual' amount of development time the PS3 simply cannot compete with the 360 and Killzone looks good purely because of the massive resource/time budget bestowed on it.

This is backed up by multiplats, where the same game performs better on the 360. There is absolutely zero proof an exlusive game cannot be done to the same level on the other platform.

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
the xbox360 is not using a 2900 gpu. dont spread false information. its from the 19xx series
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NinjaMunkey01
[QUOTE="speedsix"][QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"]

Just checking you realise that's pure speculation and just your opinion. My opinion is, given the 'usual' amount of development time the PS3 simply cannot compete with the 360 and Killzone looks good purely because of the massive resource/time budget bestowed on it.

This is backed up by multiplats, where the same game performs better on the 360. There is absolutely zero proof an exlusive game cannot be done to the same level on the other platform.

What you have just said proves nothing, apart from due to the fact a 360 is a diet PC its easier to develop for. and thasts the thing, if MS could make a game which looked better than killzone 2, theyve had 4 years since it was announced, and their system is easier to develop for, and they have more money. MS had all the advantages, except one, the 360 is less powerful, thats it. I mean how long has the gears engine been out? Ages, its had so long to be perfected to a point where it could be used to make a better lookig game than killzone 2, and they tried, but failed. Right now the evidence points towards the ps3 being more powerul, and that stands until the 360 makes a better lookg game... And right now there isnt even a game on the horizon which looks to do that.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

Yes the graphic chip on the Xbox 360 is better then the one in the PS3. The PS3 has the Cell chip to help with the graphics so in terms of raw power the PS3 edges out the 360 slightly.

It takes about four years to make a great looking PS3 game. ;)

gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamerking178
[QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"][QUOTE="speedsix"][QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"]

What you have just said proves nothing, apart from due to the fact a 360 is a diet PC its easier to develop for. and thasts the thing, if MS could make a game which looked better than killzone 2, theyve had 4 years since it was announced, and their system is easier to develop for, and they have more money. MS had all the advantages, except one, the 360 is less powerful, thats it. I mean how long has the gears engine been out? Ages, its had so long to be perfected to a point where it could be used to make a better lookig game than killzone 2, and they tried, but failed. Right now the evidence points towards the ps3 being more powerul, and that stands until the 360 makes a better lookg game... And right now there isnt even a game on the horizon which looks to do that.

3 Core Intel Xeon CPU vs 2 Core *Don't know make* CPU + 4 SPU + 1 Unused Core 3 Cores is using Hyper threading. Not sure if Cell is. If not 3 Core wins. Cell is Over-rated, games only max out at 2 Cores (except a few very very high end ones). How is the PS3 more powerful? Because it's got Sony in Silver writing?
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="gamerking178"]Killzone 2 took 5.Floppy_Jim
Honestly, it seems to go up by 1 year every time you guys mention it. 5 years ago, the first Killzone wasn't even out. And then they were working on Killzone: Liberation for the PSP until 2006. I doubt it's any more than 4 years.

Not to mention that Gears used the UE3 engine, and engine which has been in production for over a decade. Yup you heard right, over a decade...why? let me explain. UE1 engine was released in 1998 which means that it was in development at least 2 years prior (1996). "But UE1 is not the same as UE2!!" They are similar. When they make a new UE engine, they dont throw away everything and start from the beginning. They take the previous version and work up from it. So it took over a decade to get to Gears1. On the other hand, Guerilla games created a brand new engine for KZ2 (which is what took so much time) and then on top of that, they made the game. Took them about 4 years...pretty good in my opinion.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
And yet KZ2 looks better than anything on the 360, funny how that works.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="gamerking178"]Killzone 2 took 5.II_Seraphim_II

Not to mention that Gears used the UE3 engine, and engine which has been in production for over a decade. Yup you heard right, over a decade...why? let me explain. UE1 engine was released in 1998 which means that it was in development at least 2 years prior (1996). "But UE1 is not the same as UE2!!" They are similar. When they make a new UE engine, they dont throw away everything and start from the beginning. They take the previous version and work up from it. So it took over a decade to get to Gears1. On the other hand, Guerilla games created a brand new engine for KZ2 (which is what took so much time) and then on top of that, they made the game. Took them about 4 years...pretty good in my opinion.

Ah, interesting stuff. The anti-KZ2 folk are running out of ammo by the day :D
gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamerking178
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="gamerking178"]Killzone 2 took 5.II_Seraphim_II

Using the same logic, Nvidia made Series 1 GPU's in 1996, that slowly went up to the 7800GT. They didn't start from scratch, they kept building it up. The PS3 GPU took 10 years to make.
gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamerking178
And yet KZ2 looks better than anything on the 360, funny how that works.Aljosa23
KZ2 uses dark colours to mould out bad textures. It also doesn't use generic Organic items because as if they do, FPS drop + it would look horrible. Thats why.
speedsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 speedsix
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts

NinjaMunkey01

I wasn't trying to prove anything, in fact quite the opposite. You're the one who's claiming K2's visuals are conclusive proof of the PS3 hardware superiority. I say there is no proof exclusives can't be done on the opposing platform, none at all.

In response to your 'proof', answer me this, why would Microsoft pump the resources Sony did with Killzone into their exclusives when they can release games like Gears which look at worst, almost as good, for a fraction of the development costs and which will probably sell more?

Sony are throwing massive amounts of money at their exclusives because they have something to prove.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]And yet KZ2 looks better than anything on the 360, funny how that works.gamerking178
KZ2 uses dark colours to mould out bad textures. It also doesn't use generic Organic items because as if they do, FPS drop + it would look horrible. Thats why.

The PS3 isn't a PC equipped with a GTX295 and an i7. :|

I could care less but all the technical mumbo jumbo because from I have seen, KZ2 is the best looking console game. Am I right, or amirite?

gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamerking178

[QUOTE="gamerking178"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]And yet KZ2 looks better than anything on the 360, funny how that works.Aljosa23

I could care less but all the technical mumbo jumbo because from I have seen, KZ2 is the best looking console game. Am I right, or amirite?

Yes because to run Gears of war I tri-Sli 3x GTX285's and O/C a i7 975 to 6.5GHz. Have a look at Gears of War. Then look at KZ2. See alot of, erm, black and brown? There are also no curves in KZ2 (well almost none). They played it very safe.
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

How long has UE3 been out now? Think it was first shown in 03/04, and also how much did MS pay for gtaIV dlc? Oh yea $50 MILLION so that game should definitly be a showcase of the 360's ablity. Give it up lemmings either you admit that the ps3 is pushing better graphics with multiple games show casing what the ps3 is capable of or just admit that MS is just to greedy and that you are getting ripped off for not having multiple games pushing the 360 and its graphics. Either way your losing out. PS3 1 year on market = Drakes Fortune 1 year 4 months GT5p 1 1/2 years on market = Metal Gear Solid 4, 2 years 3 months on Market =KillZone 2 360 1 year on Market= Gears of War 3 years on Market Gears 2 PS3 Soon to have Heavy Rain, GT5, Uncharted 2, GOW3 A $60 ps3 game your getting a game that atleast has the backing of Sony, with Devs, money, time. A $60 360 game since MS really has no 1st party devs then can't say its gong to dev teams, according to lemmings MS doesn't use big budgets for games so can't say that one either, and time well heck what big hitters is left for the 360 now lol, all were out in the first 1 1/2 years of its launch so MS don't let devs have time to make that much of a system pushing quality type game. So yep your gettting ripped lol.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]And yet KZ2 looks better than anything on the 360, funny how that works.gamerking178

Yea, Gears 2 and it's extremely bright colors don't hide anything!

Also, you haven't played KZ2, so please don't act like you know.

gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamerking178

[QUOTE="gamerking178"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]And yet KZ2 looks better than anything on the 360, funny how that works.Chutebox

Gears 2 was horrible. I clocked atleast 500 hours on Gears 1. About 15 on Gears 2. Gear's 2 is to casual friendly.
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts
[QUOTE="gamerking178"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

KZ2 uses dark colours to mould out bad textures. It also doesn't use generic Organic items because as if they do, FPS drop + it would look horrible. Thats why.gamerking178

Yes because to run Gears of war I tri-Sli 3x GTX285's and O/C a i7 975 to 6.5GHz. Have a look at Gears of War. Then look at KZ2. See alot of, erm, black and brown? There are also no curves in KZ2 (well almost none). They played it very safe.

Wow those curves blow my mind in Gears 2 I tell yea lol.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="gamerking178"] KZ2 uses dark colours to mould out bad textures. It also doesn't use generic Organic items because as if they do, FPS drop + it would look horrible. Thats why.gamerking178

Gears 2 was horrible. I clocked atleast 500 hours on Gears 1. About 15 on Gears 2. Gear's 2 is to casual friendly.

Oh, we're switching the subject to gameplay since you're wrong?
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="gamerking178"] Using the same logic, Nvidia made Series 1 GPU's in 1996, that slowly went up to the 7800GT. They didn't start from scratch, they kept building it up. The PS3 GPU took 10 years to make.

Yup, absolutely correct.
gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamerking178
[QUOTE="gamerking178"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]The PS3 isn't a PC equipped with a GTX295 and an i7. :|

GreyFoXX4

Wow those curves blow my mind in Gears 2 I tell yea lol.

Yeah just like the curves in the trees in KZ2? Or the grass? Oh sh-
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"] Oh, we're switching the subject to gameplay since you're wrong?gamerking178
Who brought up Gears of war 2? You or me? I replyed, you cryed? What you want me to do next time?

XT 2900 vs 7800GT.

gamerking178

The first freaking post you made....Holy Lord....

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#29 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

XT 2900 vs 7800GT.

gamerking178

Err, the GPU in the 360 is more like aRadeonX1800XT/X1900XT not a HD2900.

And the GPU in the PS3 is somewhere like a GeForce 7800GTX/7900GTX.

They are very similar GPUs in performance.

The Cell may have a slight edge over the 360's CPU though.

But in this case the difference is really down to the developer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
:lol: This thread is awesome.
gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gamerking178
[QUOTE="gamerking178"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Who brought up Gears of war 2? You or me? I replyed, you cryed? What you want me to do next time?Chutebox

XT 2900 vs 7800GT.

gamerking178

The first freaking post you made....Holy Lord....

Yes in how long it took to make? In other posts I refer to GeoW1 Graphics. Not GeoW2 Graphics. Yet you bring it up.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#32 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

360 also has TERRIBLE hardware problems. WHile it does have the best library of games, best online and my fav controller, the hardware problems are simply unacceptable. Over 50% of people on my xboxlive friends list have gotten at least 1 rrod at most peopl have had 2.

I love your library of games this gen MS but this is un-acceptable! I enjoyed the xbox last gen and it never broke on me, but ive had three 360's break on me. hands down the most unreliable console this gen.

SO yes it might ahve the better graphics chip, but its also ALOT more unreliable then the Wii or the ps3 (although imo the library of games is not nearly as good).

MS really dissapoitned me with these hardware problems, as i take great care of my systems and electronics, but yet the 360 has still had alot of problems for me and many others.

No im not a xbox hater, i love the first xbox and the library of games for the 360 is one of the best lineups ever. But i might stop supporting MS after this gen unfortunatly (unless they can make a much more reliable console next gen).

Im serious.... there is something wrong with a systems reliablility when everyone in my extrended family has had 2 xbox 360s break on them! (4 cousins and one uncle and my dad, all have had em break aswell).

SO whats better? Powerful graphics and a system that breaks down 3 times in one generation? Ive owned nearly every system since atari/nes and ive never ever had a system breka on my 3 times (ps1 is the only other console that broke on me and it was just one time).

gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamerking178

360 also has TERRIBLE hardware problems. WHile it does have the best library of games, best online and my fav controller, the hardware problems are simply unacceptable. Over 50% of people on my xboxlive friends list have gotten at least 1 rrod at most peopl have had 2.

I love your library of games this gen MS but this is un-acceptable! I enjoyed the xbox last gen and it never broke on me, but ive had three 360's break on me. hands down the most unreliable console this gen.

SO yes it might ahve the better graphics chip, but its also ALOT more unreliable then the Wii or the ps3 (although imo the library of games is not nearly as good).

MS really dissapoitned me with these hardware problems, as i take great care of my systems and electronics, but yet the 360 has still had alot of problems for me and many others.

No im not a xbox hater, i love the first xbox and the library of games for the 360 is one of the best lineups ever. But i might stop supporting MS after this gen unfortunatly (unless they can make a much more reliable console next gen).

Im serious.... there is something wrong with a systems reliablility when everyone in my extrended family has had 2 xbox 360s break on them! (4 cousins and one uncle and my dad, all have had em break aswell).

kozzy1234
I agree the hardware is unacceptable, but takes 30 minutes to fix if you have basic knowledge of Hardware compents.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Chutebox

Yes in how long it took to make? In other posts I refer to GeoW1 Graphics. Not GeoW2 Graphics. Yet you bring it up.gamerking178

Yikes, this is too much lol.

Also, GeoW 2 graphics > GeoW

I don't know where you're going with this...

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="gamerking178"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="gamerking178"] Using the same logic, Nvidia made Series 1 GPU's in 1996, that slowly went up to the 7800GT. They didn't start from scratch, they kept building it up. The PS3 GPU took 10 years to make.

Yup, absolutely correct.

I really hope, for your sake, that is sarcasm to the finest.

Thats hows I feel about your first post. Its like you checked in your common sense before you entered the thread.

Reading your OP, you are suggesting that its a feat for a game that is based on a pre-existing engine to be completed in a shorter time than a game that has its own custom engine created for it. Do you not see the utter lack of logic in your claim? When it came to creating the UE3 engine, epic had far less work to do than GG had with its engine. Epic already had a base to work from. All they had to do was update it. On the other hand, GG was starting with nothing. All the work that epic had done over the decades, they had to do at once. So how are the dev times even remotely comparable?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#36 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

gamerking178

I agree the hardware is unacceptable, but takes 30 minutes to fix if you have basic knowledge of Hardware compents.

SOMETIMES it can be fixed in 30mins, other times it cant.

Ive fixed 3 xbox 360's for friends already that have ben working for close to a year still, but ive had others where it doesnt work and also my 360 i couldnt fix either.

3 friends 360s i fixed but i couldnt get mine or one other friends working. So 3 outta 5 aint bad.

Point is we shouldnt have to be fixing our consoles like this in the first place.

gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gamerking178
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="gamerking178"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] Yup, absolutely correct.

I really hope, for your sake, that is sarcasm to the finest.

Thats hows I feel about your first post. Its like you checked in your common sense before you entered the thread.

Reading your OP, you are suggesting that its a feat for a game that is based on a pre-existing engine to be completed in a shorter time than a game that has its own custom engine created for it. Do you not see the utter lack of logic in your claim? When it came to creating the UE3 engine, epic had far less work to do than GG had with its engine. Epic already had a base to work from. All they had to do was update it. On the other hand, GG was starting with nothing. All the work that epic had done over the decades, they had to do at once. So how are the dev times even remotely comparable?

Heres how they are: They can both make stunning Visuals. So say the KZ2 Script/Engine took 2 years to make, and 2years for HDR or w/e how long they took, roughly it's around the same time -engine. But Epic takes risks. We both know Organic objects are the most stunning, yet KZ2 whimps off and goes the easy route of Dark Colours everywhere. Although I do admit, I will be playing this game a bit at my friends house when it's not priced at $130.(NZD...) It does look like a break through, but is just way to over-rated. It seems its getting more Hype in Graphics department than Crysis 2...
Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerking178"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]And yet KZ2 looks better than anything on the 360, funny how that works.Aljosa23

Correct
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="gamerking178"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="gamerking178"] I really hope, for your sake, that is sarcasm to the finest.

Heres how they are: They can both make stunning Visuals. So say the KZ2 Script/Engine took 2 years to make, and 2years for HDR or w/e how long they took, roughly it's around the same time -engine. But Epic takes risks. We both know Organic objects are the most stunning, yet KZ2 whimps off and goes the easy route of Dark Colours everywhere. Although I do admit, I will be playing this game a bit at my friends house when it's not priced at $130.(NZD...) It does look like a break through, but is just way to over-rated. It seems its getting more Hype in Graphics department than Crysis 2...

What are you talking about? They are not comparable at all. Let me give you an example. You and I are having a race to see who can build a car the fastest. You start with an engine and I have to build my own. Is this a fair race? Obviously not, because I have to spend my time building the most complex aspect of the entire car while you start with yours already made. Same applies here, they are not comparable at all. :?

As for epic taking risks blah blah blah...have you actually thought this through? Where does Killzone 2 take place? Helghast. Helghast is an arid hell-hole with a toxic atmosphere. It would be pretty idiotic and counter prodcutive if in this toxic atmosphere there were sprawling jungles with beautiful waterfalls and trees everywhere. This has nothing to do with wimping out, and everything with being logical. Killzone's biggest thing is immersion and a beautiful forest would definitely kill that. And as for wimping out, have you seen the lighting in Killzone 2? the attention to detail in the game world? So is it fair to say Epic "wimped out" in that regard? How about 32 player multiplayer? Did Epic wimp out on that too because it obviously wasnt a design choice, it was clearly their lack of talent that made it so :roll:

Lastly, Crysis 2 has been announced or released, so Im assuming you are referring to Crysis. Crysis had massive amount of hype regarding it graphics and it delivered. The reason KZ2's graphics are so greatly talked about is because they do what many people thought impossible, they come close and at times surpass the 2005 E3 demo. Thats why they are talked about. When this game was first announced with the infamous video, the graphics were the main hype point and the stunning animations and hectic nature of battle. The video was thought to display the impossible on current gen systems. Now that KZ2 is close to release and it does indeed come very close to the source material, it only makes sense that people talk about the graphics :?

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 II_Seraphim_II
GS wont let me edit, but I just wanted to add: With your obsession regarding organic material, am I to understand that Uncharted is the best looking game on consoles? I mean that game has more trees, water and organic material than Gears. Heck the entire game takes place in a jungle. So its confirmed that Uncharted is the best looking game on consoles, right?
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NinjaMunkey01
[QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"][QUOTE="speedsix"]

gamerking178

3 Core Intel Xeon CPU vs 2 Core *Don't know make* CPU + 4 SPU + 1 Unused Core 3 Cores is using Hyper threading. Not sure if Cell is. If not 3 Core wins. Cell is Over-rated, games only max out at 2 Cores (except a few very very high end ones). How is the PS3 more powerful? Because it's got Sony in Silver writing?

Just look at the evidence mate. The 360 has been out for a year longer than the ps3, its supposedly easier to develop for, yet which console has the bets looking game...

Oh snap :o

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
Uncharted didn't take 5 years to be made and dethroned Gears 1 graphically.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

I can't understand the point lemmings are making these days.

They are saying that KZ2 doesn't prove that the PS3 is more powerful. They bring the dev time of the game and the investment as excuses.

But this game comes when the 360 is already going for it's fourth year on the market. We're talking about the easier of both consoles to develop, so it's obviously the most tapped out console. Which means they can't really argue that there's "potential to be realeased" from the console. Instead, PS3 is both harder to program and newer on the market.

So, to keep it short and based on what i said above, the only way for the 360 to really convince now that it's more powerful is by actually releasing a game that dethrones KZ2, since the argument of the potential and/or better hardware can't make up for the gap anymore.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NinjaMunkey01
[QUOTE="SambaLele"]

I can't understand the point lemmings are making these days.

They are saying that KZ2 doesn't prove that the PS3 is more powerful. They bring the dev time of the game and the investment as excuses.

But this game comes when the 360 is already going for it's fourth year on the market. We're talking about the easier of both consoles to develop, so it's obviously the most tapped out console. Which means they can't really argue that there's "potential to be realeased" from the console. Instead, PS3 is both harder to program and newer on the market.

So, to keep it short and based on what i said above, the only way for the 360 to really convince now that it's more powerful is by actually releasing a game that dethrones KZ2, since the argument of the potential and/or better hardware can't make up for the gap anymore.

Theres only one point to these threads, damage control. It happens whenever a game comes out on someone elses system, it gets bashed by haters and people come up with pathetic excuses to make them feel better...
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts

This is all good and well, but unfotunately its not just the graphics chip which makes games look good.

NinjaMunkey01
You don't have any proof to back up your claims,stop passing your opinion as a fact,you're not a game developer.bye.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NinjaMunkey01
[QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"][QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"]

You don't have any proof to back up your claims,stop passing your opinion as a fact,you're not a game developer.bye.

hello. No its not rock solid proof yet, but its turning that way, the 360 has been out longer, yet the ps3 has the better looking game, heavy rain is set to look better, god of war 3 is supposed to look better, and yet for the 36 we dont even know what is supposed to look better than gears 2... So all evidence points towards the ps3 being more powerful than the 360. Anyway why do you care, I thought you were a PC gamer. The fact is all thse 360 is better threads are all just damage control as last year all the 360 fanboys said gears 2 looked better than killzone 2 and now they are eating their words. It happens with every big game, MGS4, halo 3, Uncharted, Gears 2, now its killzone 2's turn to own everyone who doubted it. And its the ps3's turn once again to prove what the owners of playstation said right at the beginning, the ps3 is more powerful.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#47 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

*sigh*

Fanboys on both sides are just going to have to accept the fact that neither the X360 or PS3 will ever truly outshine the other. Both consoles have 500MB of RAM. Both have a 3.2GHz CPU. Both have a 500MHz GPU.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
So now where hyping graphic chips that have been technically inferior since 2006?
colosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 colosion
Member since 2007 • 472 Posts
Good Own, Seraphim. You said everything that was necessary to end the discussion.
bikram89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 bikram89
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

Wow what a dumb topic!!!!

First he says that PS3 is technically inferior from XBOX 360 based on some false assumptions and information about the graphics card.

In the next line he mentiones that KZ2 looks better. WOW:shock:

And to explain why it looks better he mentiones that it needed 4 years to develop. Tell me have you any idea how games or for that matter any software/applications are developed?

Forget I asked.......;)