Xbox Series S gets temporary price drop...again.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

https://gamerant.com/xbox-series-s-price-drop/

"Microsoft has temporarily reduced the price of its digital-onlyXbox Series Sconsole, making it available to purchase for just $239.99 instead of the usual $299.99 asking price. The latestXbox Series S console price dropcomes just one month after a similar one that was issued to take advantage of the holiday shopping season."

Get it quick before price goes back up!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#2 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Still shit regardless of price.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

Geez, cheaper than a Switch? Close to Switch Lite prices. Xbox is better than ever though and the tides will turn , just you wait Cows...

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Got more 120 FPS games than any ps5 or similar priced pc.and as hermits have preached for years...FPS is king

Simple facts

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Its like gamepass, they're literally giving it away. What a desperate company. Soon they will be begging you to get the S at 50% discount. You will never see sony do something similar. Why? Because they're not desperate. Their games do the talking. When you deliver quality, price drops this early in the generation isn't needed, but when you haven't released anything since 2020, well, i see why MS is this desperate.

Microsoft Desperation Continuation.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3024 Posts

Practically giving them away! Jump in now and subscribe to GameTrash!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Interesting, price drop probably due to the whole Xbox gaming content posting low revenue and need to cook the book for next quarter.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

Got it for $200 during the holidays. I like it for what it is, but no way would it replace my main console!

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#9 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

Surprised it's that cheap now.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

I just recently Herd about someone buying an X1X for mooaar than that. What a maroon eh? lol :P

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Had mine since launch it's a good system for the price I would have liked more ram but it performs well at 1080p.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I thought you had a series X for the last 2 years. That's amazing, you even went and bought a series S /sarc 🙄

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

And folks are wondering why their hardware revenue took a 13% dip. It's because they've been selling the Series S at a discount. (and still ending up third).

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Sounds good, the more people buying, the better.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

Its like gamepass, they're literally giving it away. What a desperate company. Soon they will be begging you to get the S at 50% discount. You will never see sony do something similar. Why? Because they're not desperate. Their games do the talking. When you deliver quality, price drops this early in the generation isn't needed, but when you haven't released anything since 2020, well, i see why MS is this desperate.

Microsoft Desperation Continuation.

How is that a good thing? YES, ADD £50 to the launch price two years in, Sony. :-O WOW, what a great idea.

Sony have always been dumb when it comes to their hardware price. EVERY gen same old story. Even with the PS2. They know money is made from software and services, but they're milking the barrier to entry, the hardware.

I remember when the GC and Xbox was going much cheaper, the PS2 was £170... For that shit tech.

Every gen, near the end I consider getting a Playstation console, but they cost way more than the hardware is worth. I've been looking at a PS4 Pro for sometime, but it never really dropped to a good price. Even the base PS4 tbh.

So because Sony want to make extra money on the hardware, they missed out on me buying their services and games. It's not clever. Most people end up paying WAY more over time for services and games.

At some point, lower the prices of the old console, while you transition to a new console, so you can allow the people on the fence to jump in, then you can take advantage of them, milking their wallets with games and services. Makes more sense to me.