Xbox One’s Driver Update To Bring 10% Performance Boost Read

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

the camera has its own UI TORM and that video that's being shown is not coming from the CPU side TORM you make my head hurt talking to you EVERY GPU HAS RESERVATION TORM WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND there are many things you gonna be able to hook to your ps4 and you need reservation TORM that's all im saying.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@acp_45 said:

@ronvalencia: PS4 will have PRT using an AMD extension.

Can’t remember what the extension is called though.

People are saying that it is better on the Xbox One DX11.2 superset.

Others are saying PS4 tiled resources through extension are better.

Is the PS4’s PRT hardware based or software based. Using an extension through the GPU sounds pretty hardware based to me.

I’ve also read on OpenGL.org that their Tiled Resources are sitting on a fix list with all the other buggy stuff that OpenGL has. But apparently it’s not used for consoles but usually at tech demos. Does PS4 use OpenGL or does it use a hybrid of it ?

Other than that, PS4 does have PRT.

But how can you people say MS PRT is better than SONY’s PRT ?

You seem to know about these things.

Explain.

On the streaming textures from large slower memory pool (DDR3) to small fast memory pool(GDDR5 or ESRAM) step, PS4 doesn't need this particular PRT step i.e. PS4 only has one fast large memory pool (8 GB GDDR5).

PS4's higher rez textures would already be sitting in GDDR5 memory pool not it non-existent DDR3 memory.

PS4's graphics API is similar to AMD Mantle and it has near full access to GCN's hardware features.

AMD Mantle is not OpenGL i.e. it's a brand new graphics API.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@acp_45 said:

@ronvalencia: Leave Him Be.

He is not going to understand.

Then he starts saying that you are inventing stuff and he will call you a lem.

He is just a total D!ck.

The amount of childishness in this guy is crazy.

Downplaying everything that has to do with XB1 even if it’s good.

Don’t try to explain anything to torments.

Unless he finally admits that XB1 isn’t a piece of scrap.

I don't care about X1 and PS4, expect that both has AMD hardware in it. I'm consistent for my support for AMD (and Intel or X86 world for that matter).

I approach Xbox One vs PS4 like any other x86 based topics and torment's mind can't handle it i.e. He frames everything into Xbox vs PSx view port.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#204 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

NeoGAF member and industry insider thuway is back with more information, especially clarifying the Xbox One driver update mentioned earlier this week. According to thuway, it seems that a 10 percent performance boost should be available at the very least.

On being asked whether this update would allow for games like, say, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag to run at 1080p rather than 900p on the Xbox One, thuway tweeted, “@bravedwarf I can’t say anything about that, but I’ve heard 10% performance boost should be on tap.”

Also Microsoft promised that when Cloud Gaming is coming in 2015 then Xbox One will be 3-4 more powerful than it is right now.

Alright, NOW let the WAR BEGIN!

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-ones-driver-update-to-bring-10-performance-boost-devs-were-speechless-with-ps4-8gb-gddr5-ram#lJOZCSdWIXUYUQOG.99

Cloud gaming is already around... just look at the AI in Forza.