Xbox One orders SURGE at GameStop after price drop \o/\o/

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

Nothing has been working well for MS this gen. Nothing.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

Who would of thought? People didn't want that shitty gimmick forced on them. Get rid of the shit, and people buy it. Too bad Microsoft didn't figure that out months ago. Better late than never I suppose.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

All though I disagreed with this move it looks like it's helping. I just think they should have gave this option at launch, they would be sitting pretty right now.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

This is expected. People were asking MS to drop Kinect because of the NSA for a while now. Also, because they didn't want to pay the premium for Kinect. So MS was able to "kill two birds with one stone".

I personally think they should've just ate the cost of Kinect to make sure dev will develope games with Kinect in mind. But, we'll see what happens...

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Not convinced that dropping The One $100 will be boon for sales but we will see soon.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

I remember Gamespot said Xbone pre-orders surged after they dropped the DRM. Didn't help them in the long run.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Who cares

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

now lets hope MS can deliver with a spectacular E3 to give people reasons to want to get one

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

I'm not surprised. $399 is a great price for a great product. I bought both a PS4 and Xbox One at launch (bad idea...) and ended up selling the One after a few sessions with Ryse and Forza 5. The good thing is, I only had it for a few days and sold it when the hype was still huge so I got more than a return on my investment.

Anyway, with that price drop and Kinect no longer being packed in I may yet buy another one. Though I'll be waiting for Halo 5, among other things.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

This is great news for me since I am remodeling my work office. A kinectless ONE will fit perfect there. Expect a full thread once I am finished!!!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#63 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

is it really that surprising?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22774 Posts

I'm getting one... why wouldn't I... it will more than warrant a purchase over the next 5-10 years...

the system wars is dead. 2 identical consoles and Nintendo in a dark lonely closet.... congrats corporate fat cats... you've destroyed our fun.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

"Hey, is that a Kinectless Xbone?" "Yes." "Oh."

PRESS STATEMENT FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: INTEREST IN XBONES INCREASE SIGNIFICANTLY

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

Xflop will still lose the June NPD. Worldwide will continue to be a joke.

your crystal ball is broken,lol

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Good. People paying for what it's worth. Imagine if they hadn't tried to force kinect on people from the start.

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

@lostrib said:

Well I guess going from 1 to 5 is a surge

Selling 5x as many as they are now would put it far ahead of the PS4...

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Not convinced that dropping The One $100 will be boon for sales but we will see soon.

I think it absolutely depends on E3. If they can win some of the hardcore gamers over with their announcements then more people will bite.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Sweenix said:

Who cares

You cared enough to come on here and post a troll comment. lol!!

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

I guarantee you said the same thing about March and Titanfall.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@delta3074 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

I guarantee you said the same thing about March and Titanfall.

What? i never mentioned anything about March and titanfall, what are you reffering too?

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

just buy a pc consoles are a waste of money.

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

It's actually something I would buy now.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

@osirisx3 said:

just buy a pc consoles are a waste of money.

Nope.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Still have no desire to buy a X1.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Yeah not surprising... it's good to see but. It's best for everyone if it's a close race all gen, instead of one console outselling the other massively.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

Depends on what MS has to show at E3 that will determine whether I drop down on a One or not. I'm still pissed at them for their DRM bullshit they attempted.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lundy86_4

@MirkoS77 said:

Depends on what MS has to show at E3 that will determine whether I drop down on a One or not. I'm still pissed at them for their DRM bullshit they attempted.

Why are you pissed? It was a poor decision, but i'd be happy that public conviction quickly changed their tune. They've made a number of good decisions lately.

It's still pricey, but the X1 is a decent machine. Still not enough to edge out the PS4 looking ahead (IMO).

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Why are you pissed? It was a poor decision, but i'd be happy that public conviction quickly changed their tune. They've made a number of good decisions lately.

It's still pricey, but the X1 is a decent machine. Still not enough to edge out the PS4 looking ahead (IMO).

Then why is it decent? Why settle for second best? By your own admission there is better out there....

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 MirkoS77

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I'm pissed because what they tried. Yea, they've gone 180 on it, but what assurance do I have they won't do the same when a decent user-base has been established? I don't think they believe they made a mistake at all. They admitted themselves they think the only thing they did wrong was their approach, not the policy themselves, which says to me they're going to try to re-implement the DRM at some point.

I don't trust them.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By lundy86_4

@MirkoS77 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I'm pissed because what they tried. Yea, they've gone 180 on it, but what assurance do I have they won't do the same when a decent user-base has been established? I don't think they believe they made a mistake at all. They admitted themselves they think the only thing they did wrong was their approach, not the policy themselves, which says to me they're going to try to re-implement the DRM at some point.

I don't trust them.

Why would you trust any company? Personally, I only trust people that I know well, and only sparingly. This seems a little deep-seeded.

If they do make a turnaround, then sell on your X1 and cry about it on forums.

----

I dunno, this just seems like someone tripping over the minor flaws in their Sweet 16.

Loading Video...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MirkoS77

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I don't trust them.

Why would you trust any company? Personally, I only trust people that I know well, and only sparingly. This seems a little deep-seeded.

If they do make a turnaround, then sell on your X1 and cry about it on forums.

----

I dunno, this just seems like someone tripping over the minor flaws in their Sweet 16.

Loading Video...

Trusting in a company is not unheard of. Many people do.

And if they do it, then I cry on the forums? Then they would've already gotten my money, kinda defeats the point doesn't it?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By lundy86_4

@MirkoS77 said:

And if they do it, then I cry on the forums? Then they would've already gotten my money, kinda defeats the point doesn't it?

Does "many people" have a number? At the end of the day, why trust in a company that is out there to make money? I'm not saying they cannot please consumers, but at the end of the day, a bottom line is a bottom line.

Yes and no. Your money isn't overly worth their time. Money en masse, is. It's the whole "vote with your dollar" dilemma. It isn't an issue to the companies, unless it is done en masse. It eventually comes down to the individual and their complaints, thus your post. Just enjoy what they offer (unless they literally steal your money).

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By MirkoS77

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Does "many people" have a number? At the end of the day, why trust in a company that is out there to make money? I'm not saying they cannot please consumers, but at the end of the day, a bottom line is a bottom line.

Yes and no. Your money isn't overly worth their time. Money en masse, is. It's the whole "vote with your dollar" dilemma. It isn't an issue to the companies, unless it is done en masse. It eventually comes down to the individual and their complaints, thus your post. Just enjoy what they offer (unless they literally steal your money).

Regardless, it matters to me where my money goes. Mind you I'm not entirely against getting a One, E3 will either go a long way towards getting one or not, but right now what they've done is not quite enough.

And when I say trust, I mean it not so much in a sense of betrayal as a sense of confidence.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By lundy86_4

@MirkoS77 said:

Regardless, it matters to me where my money goes. Mind you I'm not entirely against getting a One, E3 will either go a long way towards getting one or not, but right now what they've done is not quite enough.

And when I say trust, I mean it not so much in a sense of betrayal as a sense of confidence.

So, does it boil down to the amount of enjoyment you get per dollar? Your grievances are based on a decision the company made, and changed, but you won't dip because you are scared they will 180. At the end of the day, you have to grow a set, and understand that it is a business. If they break the law, then hell fuckin' yeah, get on their case. If we were talking tens of thousands of dollars, i'd give a shit. This is $400... Come on. Get on that almighty camel and ride it into the sands of "why do we give a shit?"

Wouldn't confidence build as a company makes smart business decisions? At the end of the day, enjoy what you can, and chuck it if it ever becomes a burden. TV stations do it, movie publishers do it, people do it.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#89 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Price was the largest stone still hanging around their neck, so it is no surprise to see more interest. Almost time for me to grab one myself.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By MirkoS77

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

So, does it boil down to the amount of enjoyment you get per dollar? Your grievances are based on a decision the company made, and changed, but you won't dip because you are scared they will 180. At the end of the day, you have to grow a set, and understand that it is a business. If they break the law, then hell fuckin' yeah, get on their case. If we were talking tens of thousands of dollars, i'd give a shit. This is $400... Come on. Get on that almighty camel and ride it into the sands of "why do we give a shit?"

Wouldn't confidence build as a company makes smart business decisions? At the end of the day, enjoy what you can, and chuck it if it ever becomes a burden. TV stations do it, movie publishers do it, people do it.

It is building.

This is $400? Way to see the trees and miss the forest. No, this is about not supporting a company that attempted to strip long-held rights out of my (and others) hands and impose draconian limitations that would've fundamentally altered the way games are enjoyed from that point on had it not been rejected, "en masse", by me and consumers who actually had a pair that jumped up and rode that camel directly not out into the sands of, "why do we give a shit?", but more to the tune of "**** off and take a hike" territory.

And rightly so. Forgive me for being only a little bit hesitant with my money here. What MS tried was not something to be taken lightly, and what point is there to chuck it when the "burden"'s been already had and a lot lost? It held massive ramifications for the industry and consumers alike. If you fail (or refuse) to see that, then there's not much more I have to say to you.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

wow....really...you think its going to lose June as well? i'd be real surprised by that.

If xbox still lose june after price cut this probably biggest ownage in history of gaming. MS probably even show 3 halo games to get lem hype.

Store sell should improve since many have zero sale of xbone before.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#92  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

They should have offered this version of the Xbone as soon as they admitted the Kinect wasn't a needed part of the Xbone.

Hopefully it will be a tight race though this generation. Sony already seems to be getting lazy with updating the PS4. So maybe the Bone becoming more competitive might keep Sony on their toes.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By lundy86_4

@MirkoS77 said:

It is building.

This is $400? Way to see the trees and miss the forest. No, this is about not supporting a company that attempted to strip long-held rights out of my (and others) hands and impose draconian limitations that would've fundamentally altered the way games are enjoyed from that point on had it not been rejected, "en masse", by me and consumers who actually had a pair that jumped up and rode that camel directly not out into the sands of, "why do we give a shit?", but more to the tune of "**** off and take a hike" territory.

And rightly so. Forgive me for being only a little bit hesitant with my money here. What MS tried was not something to be taken lightly, and what point is there to chuck it when the "burden"'s been already had and a lot lost? It held massive ramifications for the industry and consumers alike. If you fail (or refuse) to see that, then there's not much more I have to say to you.

I got the point. I've honed in on it quite effectively, but the price-point does reign supreme. If we were talking thousands of dollars, i'd understand and support your inability to support MS. However, we aren't. It's $400. Dude, using hyperbolic English isn't exactly helping your case. It's just showing that you need to add dramatic effect to what MS did. At the end of the day, they changed much of their initial standing. I'm surprised that one could not offer the same courtesy. You still need to see the fact that you are talking of altered "future" events... The terms "would've" plays into that.

Now, given your rather stylish retort of my points, I offer kudos. Quite excellent. You are quite correct that individuals retorted en masse to MS, which is a point I made rather clear. That being said, you are continuing to hold your grudge, on the hope that they would further offer you promise, to which you would cry "that is not enough, my knickers are in a right old twist..."

The point lies in the fact that you are not willing to forgive their transgressions, which further gives merit to my point about "trusting" a company. You refer to the fact that you aren't willing to trust a company, but when all you are investing is a $400 investment (which you could largely get back once trading/selling) your contrivances ring rather hollow.

----

If you don't want to buy it, because you're a salty old bugger, who can't get over shit, then coolio. Just say that you hate MS, because they diddled someone you love in the past, and you can't get over it. That's all good, yo.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I don't expect either console to do all that great in the month of June.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 MirkoS77

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

It is building.

I got the point. I've honed in on it quite effectively, but the price-point does reign supreme. If we were talking thousands of dollars, i'd understand and support your inability to support MS. However, we aren't. It's $400. Dude, using hyperbolic English isn't exactly helping your case. It's just showing that you need to add dramatic effect to what MS did. At the end of the day, they changed much of their initial standing. I'm surprised that one could not offer the same courtesy. You still need to see the fact that you are talking of altered "future" events... The terms "would've" plays into that.

Now, given your rather stylish retort of my points, I offer kudos. Quite excellent. You are quite correct that individuals retorted en masse to MS, which is a point I made rather clear. That being said, you are continuing to hold your grudge, on the hope that they would further offer you promise, to which you would cry "that is not enough, my knickers are in a right old twist..."

The point lies in the fact that you are not willing to forgive their transgressions, which further gives merit to my point about "trusting" a company. You refer to the fact that you aren't willing to trust a company, but when all you are investing is a $400 investment (which you could largely get back once trading/selling) your contrivances ring rather hollow.

----

If you don't want to buy it, because you're a salty old bugger, who can't get over shit, then coolio. Just say that you hate MS, because they diddled someone you love in the past, and you can't get over it. That's all good, yo.

I don't know what you do for a living but putting aside my other grievances with MS for the moment, $400 is a lot of money to me. But that's besides my point. You don't seem to be seeing it, so let me elaborate: it's not so much about MS as it is about the direction they were trying to go and what it meant. I'm not being hyperbolic in what I said, it's the truth, and no added dramatic effect is needed even had I used it to over-emphasize the relevance of what occurred. It would've (and would've does matter because what's to say it can't still happen?) changed a lot of things had it been embraced and supported, things that I'm not too keen on.

My point does not ring hollow because my money supporting a company that tries what MS did extends far past my wallet. And I don't hate MS, in fact I've already stated I may still buy a One depending. Thing is, I just love gaming and can't abide the direction MS was going and last E3 still lingers in the back on my mind. Again, this is more about just money and me.

Anyway, let's put this to rest. I hear what you're saying.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 lundy86_4

@MirkoS77 said:

I don't know what you do for a living but putting aside my other grievances with MS for the moment, $400 is a lot of money to me. But that's besides my point. You don't seem to be seeing it, so let me elaborate: it's not so much about MS as it is about the direction they were trying to go and what it meant. I'm not being hyperbolic in what I said, it's the truth, and no added dramatic effect is needed even had I used it to over-emphasize the relevance of what occurred. It would've (and would've does matter because what's to say it can't still happen?) changed a lot of things had it been embraced and supported, things that I'm not too keen on.

My point does not ring hollow because my money supporting a company that tries what MS did extends far past my wallet. And I don't hate MS, in fact I've already stated I may still buy a One depending. Thing is, I just love gaming and can't abide the direction MS was going and last E3 still lingers in the back on my mind. Again, this is more about just money and me.

Bro, ATM I move furniture. I'm going into policing, but I do not make a lot of money. Trust me, yo. I completely understand that it was the direction they were taking that annoyed you, as i've said that it was much of their initial standing that has provoked you to stay away. The way you said it was hyperbolic, not necessarily the context of what you stated. Saying they are long-held rights is relatively correct , yet they are largely nullified in the modern-era of digital-fucking-everything.

How does it ring far past your wallet? If you are talking about others taking up your cause, then i'd agree... To an extent. People are turning around with MS, as Gamestop have recently stated with the pricedrop.

Same here, yo. I kind of understand where you're coming from. Barring my language, it's been pretty constructive on both sides. I commend your maturity. Don't worry about responding, as like you have said, let's put it to rest. I have a baptism to attend tomorrow. My maturity lacks, as i'm admittedly drunk :P

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By MirkoS77

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Bro, ATM I move furniture. I'm going into policing, but I do not make a lot of money. Trust me, yo. I completely understand that it was the direction they were taking that annoyed you, as i've said that it was much of their initial standing that has provoked you to stay away. The way you said it was hyperbolic, not necessarily the context of what you stated. Saying they are long-held rights is relatively correct , yet they are largely nullified in the modern-era of digital-fucking-everything.

How does it ring far past your wallet? If you are talking about others taking up your cause, then i'd agree... To an extent. People are turning around with MS, as Gamestop have recently stated with the pricedrop.

Same here, yo. I kind of understand where you're coming from. Barring my language, it's been pretty constructive on both sides. I commend your maturity. Don't worry about responding, as like you have said, let's put it to rest. I have a baptism to attend tomorrow. My maturity lacks, as i'm admittedly drunk :P

No worries......I'm on the downslope of drunkedness myself. :)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#99 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I stick by my prediction. PS wins sales race this gen handily, but the X1 still sells a respectable 50+million for the gen. I actually trade stocks so I win regardless.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

let's see if NPD numbers agree with you.