jackfruitchips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 jackfruitchips
Member since 2012 • 1065 Posts

Of course, this year's XB1 games are Halo Wars 2, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, Forza

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#102 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@jackfruitchips said:

Of course, this year's XB1 games are Halo Wars 2, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, Forza

Tacoma

Crackdown 3

Ashen

Cuphead

Halo Wars 2

State of Decay 2

Forza Horizon 7

Sea of Thieves

Gigantic

Below

Phantom Dust

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@kvally: could you please provide links showing the release dates for these games? Thanks in advance.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#104 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49606 Posts

E3 is going to be dominated by Scorpio so I'm curious on outside of Crackdown... Which doesn't even have the caliber of Halo or Gears... What in the world he's talking about.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 kvally

@pdogg93 said:

@kvally: could you please provide links showing the release dates for these games? Thanks in advance.

I don't have release dates (never claimed any release specific dates). You are welcome in advance. Still waiting on your source from Microsoft showing 51%+ games on Xbox One are 720p. Thank you.

jackfruitchips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 jackfruitchips
Member since 2012 • 1065 Posts

@kvally said:
@jackfruitchips said:

Tacoma

Crackdown 3

Ashen

Cuphead

Halo Wars 2

State of Decay 2

Forza Horizon 7

Sea of Thieves

Gigantic

Below

Phantom Dust

Most of the games in that list are indies few people know or care about.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 kvally

@jackfruitchips said:
@kvally said:
@jackfruitchips said:

Tacoma

Crackdown 3

Ashen

Cuphead

Halo Wars 2

State of Decay 2

Forza Horizon 7

Sea of Thieves

Gigantic

Below

Phantom Dust

Most of the games in that list are indies few people know or care about.

Your opinion is noted, and few people know or care about you.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#108 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Somehow get another vampire masquerade title. Damn, some motherfucker remaster bloodlines.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@kvally: I see. So you don't know if your mediocre list of games will be releasing in 2017? But yet you're claiming they will be released this year?

As far as a list of 720p games, I counted 12 out of 60 from a source I googled, so you're correct 20% vs 51%. I should have clarified. Out of a sample of 60 Xbox one games, 12 are 720p native.

So for every 5 games, on average, one will be below 800p for the Xbox one. A console in 2013. Yikes...

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#110 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: Spencer has actually said that it's probable they won't have a physical Scorpio at E3. They might talk about the specs more in depth, but this is one of the reasons I think this E3 is going to more about intangibles for the Xbox brand and what Windows will do on Scorpio than anything else. like UWP, VR, a potential Steam app. They've been working a lot with Valve on the Windows developer blog and I personally think that's one of the reasons they are cancelling IPs and seemingly not sweating about it. Scorpio is going to basically be announced as a fully BC Steambox..

At this point I think they are just conceding Sony won the gen and moving in a tangent direction.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@darkangel115 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@darkangel115 said:

So far this year the assumption is Forza 7, Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, Sea of Theives, Cuphead?

So a yearly racer, an RTS, 2 open world sandbox online games, and an indie game

Seems pretty diverse to me. I don't care much for halo wars 2, cuphead or forza 7 personally but Sea of thieves and Crackdown 3 seem right up my alley for sure. Would love to see Crackdown make a summer release and SoT make a holiday release with the scorpio.

Cuphead is not a first party game, I believe, but the rest is about right.

you are correct. I wasn't thinking 1st party at first and then i realized 1st party only and forgot to take that away.

Ah well, it's still a game Xbox gets this year that others don't :)

Actually I think this could be sony's best year and MS's worse year and it should put the lineups pretty close

Sony has horizon coming next month, nier might be ok and that's out soon, god of war I still have hope for even if the trailer pissed me off to no end. MS has Sea of Theives, Crackdown 3 and plus I'm sure both will have more games we don't know of yet. realistically speaking each company will have about 3-5 AAA (by budget not rating) exclusives a year on average. it's pretty much been that way for quite a while there really isn't a huge difference in game quantity unless you start counting indies and smaller niche games. So it really comes down to personal preference but they both seem like they will have a few good ones this year. plus my favorite multiplat series Mass Effect comes out in 2 months so 2017 is looking as possible the best year overall for me since MS exclusives have dominated my playtime for the past 3 years it'll be nice to give my PS4 some love finally.

Honestly this happens alot MS starts off gens strong but finish weak, Sony starts off gens weak but finish strong and over the course they average out to about the same. Of course fan boys will never see it this way. Honestly I'm better off buying an XB at launch and a PS 3-4 years down the line where i can save some money and not have missed much to catch up on at all. I might take that route next gen

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By kvally

@pdogg93 said:

@kvally: I see. So you don't know if your mediocre list of games will be releasing in 2017? But yet you're claiming they will be released this year?

As far as a list of 720p games, I counted 12 out of 60 from a source I googled, so you're correct 20% vs 51%. I should have clarified. Out of a sample of 60 Xbox one games, 12 are 720p native.

So for every 5 games, on average, one will be below 800p for the Xbox one. A console in 2013. Yikes...

There are like 500 games for the Xbox One. I assume your source is the IGN wiki, which is dated and they gave up on updating it. Did you know that the majority of titles on the Xbox One are 1080p? Though many of them are indies. There are retail as well though. Luckily, Scorpio will give us a much better resolution and performance. Even better, we won't need patches.

I got my list of those games from websites, like GAMESPOT. You will have to ask them for their source dates, not me. I am not the one making the claims, they are.

http://gamingbolt.com/top-15-xbox-one-exclusives-of-2017-and-near-future

http://mashable.com/2017/01/11/xbox-one-exclusives-2017/#rJVSJkmYWaqR

http://www.cheatsheet.com/technology/5-upcoming-exclusive-games-for-xbox-one.html/?a=viewall

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2016/12/28/ones-to-watch-2017-xbox-one-exclusives/

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@darkangel115 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@darkangel115 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@darkangel115 said:

So far this year the assumption is Forza 7, Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, Sea of Theives, Cuphead?

So a yearly racer, an RTS, 2 open world sandbox online games, and an indie game

Seems pretty diverse to me. I don't care much for halo wars 2, cuphead or forza 7 personally but Sea of thieves and Crackdown 3 seem right up my alley for sure. Would love to see Crackdown make a summer release and SoT make a holiday release with the scorpio.

you are correct. I wasn't thinking 1st party at first and then i realized 1st party only and forgot to take that away.

Actually I think this could be sony's best year and MS's worse year and it should put the lineups pretty close

Sony has horizon coming next month, nier might be ok and that's out soon, god of war I still have hope for even if the trailer pissed me off to no end. MS has Sea of Theives, Crackdown 3 and plus I'm sure both will have more games we don't know of yet. realistically speaking each company will have about 3-5 AAA (by budget not rating) exclusives a year on average. it's pretty much been that way for quite a while there really isn't a huge difference in game quantity unless you start counting indies and smaller niche games. So it really comes down to personal preference but they both seem like they will have a few good ones this year. plus my favorite multiplat series Mass Effect comes out in 2 months so 2017 is looking as possible the best year overall for me since MS exclusives have dominated my playtime for the past 3 years it'll be nice to give my PS4 some love finally.

Honestly this happens alot MS starts off gens strong but finish weak, Sony starts off gens weak but finish strong and over the course they average out to about the same. Of course fan boys will never see it this way. Honestly I'm better off buying an XB at launch and a PS 3-4 years down the line where i can save some money and not have missed much to catch up on at all. I might take that route next gen

I think MS is hiding a few games for the Scorpio this year.. I mean they have to other wise what games can it show off the power with?? I really hope MS can get their act together make more diverse games like the first Xbox days.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:
@darkangel115 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@darkangel115 said:
@charizard1605 said:

I think MS is hiding a few games for the Scorpio this year.. I mean they have to other wise what games can it show off the power with?? I really hope MS can get their act together make more diverse games like the first Xbox days.

well like i said 3-5 AAA games a year is average. it's safe to assume forza 7 will be one, throw in sea of theives, crackdown, and halo wars 2 that could be all for big games. maybe another AA type game like recore could come out but I wouldn't expect a large surprise AAA game. especially now because in this gen games are being announced 3-4 years before release regularly.

As far as scorpio goes I'm sure all the games coming this year will launch ready for it, plus we'll likely see tomb raider, gears 4, halo, and maybe a few others as well that get scorpio updates on release