Xbox Live rated best gaming network

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Xbox Live was rated highest for both speed and reliability by leading industry research firm IHS Markit,* which means you’re getting the fastest, most dependable multiplayer experience possible. The independent study included Xbox Live and PlayStation Network across the top selling games with matchmaking.

While it is great to see a third-party acknowledge where Xbox Live delivers for our fans, we recognize it is an ongoing journey that requires considerable investment, feedback and improvement. Managing and maintaining a network is complex and there is an army of individuals who work tirelessly on Xbox Live, because at the heart of it, they are gamers just like you. Our goal is to try and see bumps in the road before they start, or get through them as smoothly as possible. Just know that we have a team who works 24×7 to optimize your gaming experience.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/09/08/in-a-study-of-xbox-live-vs-psn-xbox-live-network-surpasses-psn/

Cell phone networks are constantly arguing over whose mobile network is the best and/or most reliable, and now it looks like we’re going to see similar battles between console networks. Microsoft fired the first shots earlier today, slapping the above image on their main Xbox website, and then following it up with a report from an “independent study” by IHS Markit.

The marketing firm set out to determine which online multiplayer console has the best network performance between Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network.

To measure those experiences, IHS Markit chose to focus on what could be considered an essential component of the online multiplayer gaming experience: the core network performance delivered by each side during full-blown gameplay.

The company used the JND measure, which stands for Just Noticeable Difference.

JND compares the waiting periods between two groups to determine if there is a perceivable difference in waiting times to the gamer, with the JND score representing the minimum amount of difference needed to differentiate between two stimuli. Because the values of the JND are essentially arbitrary, it is more useful to consider the scores as existing on a continuum, where the scores and their confidence intervals are plotted on a single axis.

The gaming networks were tested for Reliability, Speed, and Overall Quality. The test results are as follows:

Reliability

• Login to Network – Xbox Live
  • Login to Game Server – Xbox Live
  • Matchmaking – PSN
  • Uninterrupted Play – Xbox Live

Speed

• Login to Network – Xbox Live
  • Login to Game Server – Xbox Live
  • Matchmaking – PSN
  • Time to Upload – Xbox Live

Overall Quality

• Login to Game Server (Speed/Reliability) – Xbox Live
  • Matchmaking (Speed/Reliability) – PSN
  • Join Party – Xbox Live
  • Voice Chat Quality – Xbox Live

In every category, Xbox Live outperformed the PSN in three out of four tested metrics. As such, Xbox is claiming that Xbox Live is the fastest gaming network, the most reliable gaming network, and the “best in-class social experience on a gaming network.”

Those of you who have played on both networks, what are your thoughts on the performances for these networks?

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/09/08/in-a-study-of-xbox-live-vs-psn-xbox-live-network-surpasses-psn/#tjfosmFcOPmHirmi.99

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

So PSN is superior at matchmaking which is most important and just fine at everything else too? Ok. Let me know when Xbox gets shareplay, an excellent TV service, and when its online fanbase isnt the Jersery Shore of gaming

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Fairmonkey: so your two most hyped features are letting someone play your games for you and TV? Lolololololololololol

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

@mems_1224: No, with Shareplay I can play offline multiplayer games online without servers, Coop single player games online, and play multiplayer games with people even if one of us does not own the game. Don't even try to damage control that. Xbox doesnt have anything remotely close to something that cool. And the PS TV being only 30 bucks a month without contract is excellent

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

Xbox live feels like Microsoft selling fresh air, shit should be free

wwe_xbox360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wwe_xbox360
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts

@Fairmonkey: I feel so sorry or you ps4 fan boy always defending for what nothing wth do you get out of it a piece of mind, I own both consoles and like them equally ps4 has a slight edge cause I like the ui otherwise xbox one is a great console esp the Xbox one s

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#7 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Damn, Playstation got fucking destroyed yet again. So pretty much, they have nothing left. No good consoles, no games and no online. What is the point then?

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

I pay nothing on PC, and it's faster than either one. You guys can fight over which company gets to stick one further down your rabbit hole more.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kvally

@DevilMightCry said:

I pay nothing on PC, and it's faster than either one. You guys can fight over which company gets to stick one further down your rabbit hole more.

I pay nothing on PC, I pay on PSN and I pay on XBL. I get ALL THE FUCKING GAMES and ALL THE FUCKING ONLINE BABY!! ALL OF IT!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@kvally: Dear god you fanboys are pathetic lol.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kvally

@vfighter said:

@kvally: Dear god you fanboys are pathetic lol.

yes you are. ;)

WeepsForFools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WeepsForFools
Member since 2012 • 793 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

you mean the same way Sony does the exact same thing?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kvally

@WeepsForFools said:
@GhostHawk196 said:

Sony's air is all roses though, so it's ok.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@kvally said:
@WeepsForFools said:
@GhostHawk196 said:

Sony's air is all roses though, so it's ok.

Shit colored rose