jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Should we discuss? What could this mean? Stream xbox games on switch? Switch games get better online? Whats going on? will microsoft and nintendo combine to try and combat sony movie pictures?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-expanding-xbox-live-to-nintendo-switch-i/1100-6464772/

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

Someone made a thread earlier about this. This is great news ONLY if MS intends of making Xbox Live free in the long run (before the end of 2019). If MS is serious about dominating they will consider this option.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Uh-huh.

I could foresee a circumstance where MS would publish their own 1st party games on other devices (which makes the argument for buying their hardware weaker of course), but the platform holders aren’t going to permit MS to provide a pathway for third parties to distribute on their devices in open-competition. And legally - at least for now - there’s no basis requiring them to.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

Switch and PS4 are destorying the Xbone in sales, M$ might as well be part of the competition.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Hm, cool I guess.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

@jeezers: SecretPolice beat you to it and made a thread on it.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jeezers

@davillain- said:

@jeezers: SecretPolice beat you to it and made a thread on it.

realize that now, must have gotten pushed to 2nd or third page, didn't see it at first

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

as i understand it its just sharing some online functionality between platforms. so if i buy a multiplat on the switch and get an achievement it will be logged on my live account. same with friend lists and such like.

an interesting move by MS. i wonder will they also look to hook into steam/origin and GOG also?

could it also be a precursor to having game streaming to other devices?

itll also be interesting to see who bites. it makes some sense for nitnendo. they dont have any interest in achievements and robust online features so it wouldnt compete with them. it wouldnt cause nintendo to lose any control. it could also make the switch tempting to xbox live users.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jeezers

@osan0 said:

as i understand it its just sharing some online functionality between platforms. so if i buy a multiplat on the switch and get an achievement it will be logged on my live account. same with friend lists and such like.

an interesting move by MS. i wonder will they also look to hook into steam/origin and GOG also?

could it also be a precursor to having game streaming to other devices?

itll also be interesting to see who bites. it makes some sense for nitnendo. they dont have any interest in achievements and robust online features so it wouldnt compete with them. it wouldnt cause nintendo to lose any control. it could also make the switch tempting to xbox live users.

i agree, feel the same way, I think this will be very interesting to see what it turns into.

Nintendo should scrap their online and just use live, because they seem to be brain dead on online functionality.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

@jeezers: im properly old school on this one. nintendo should just not bother with online at all. their games dont lend themselves well to it, they dont like to develop for it and they hate trying to control it.

but it's what the market wants apparently so nintendo must pay it lip service at least.

as for using live. that would lose them the control they want: the whole reason they make a console. thats essentially handing part of the control of their console to MS. it would be like getting the switch to run on a build of the xbox or PS4 OS and having sony/MS develop it. not going to happen.

its one thing having some live features shared across platforms. its an entirely different thing to have to develop for services that are not yours.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I would be down if it's free which I very much doubt it is.

Nintendo get good online service but what do MS get out of it.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

This whole "bringing xbox live to other platforms" imo is just a sneaky way of setting up going multiplatform. Matter of time till "xbox live" appears on playstation...

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@ahmedkhan1994 said:

This whole "bringing xbox live to other platforms" imo is just a sneaky way of setting up going multiplatform. Matter of time till "xbox live" appears on playstation...

I don't see that happening anytime soon ask EA. You need maybe activision to threaten sony with loosing COD for that to happen. Right now there the bigger cheese on these services and on there platform they want it all to themselves. Xbox live is nothing to them.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Hmm, so some day soon I'll be able to hear how many kids have slept with my mother... on the go?! What a time to be alive.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@mandzilla said:

Hmm, so some day soon I'll be able to hear how many kids have slept with my mother... on the go?! What a time to be alive.

My mom is 79 yrs old. I like to let these kids know that. I never hear back again ?

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mandzilla  Moderator
@SUD123456 said:
@mandzilla said:

My mom is 79 yrs old. I like to let these kids know that. I never hear back again ?

Haha, well played.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@mandzilla said:

Actually all those kids now play on PS4, so you'll only get how many man have slept with your mother now :P

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mandzilla  Moderator
@i_p_daily said:
@mandzilla said:

Actually all those kids now play on PS4, so you'll only get how many man have slept with your mother now :P

Dammit mum!

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Calm down. It’ll be an optional app in the store and it’ll show friends, achievements, and a few other stats pertaining to XBL. It’ll likely have no interaction with the Switch in terms of gaming. One day you may be able to stream games outside of an Xbox via the cloud, but that’s a ways away.

You can’t stop technology and it’s taking us to the cloud. This is a good thing as you will be able to buy and play anything regardless of console. Consoles probably won’t exist anymore and you’ll be playing off a streaming box or the tv itself.