Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@navyguy21: purportedly they are not pursuing AR support either

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/the-xbox-one-wont-support-vr-because-microsoft-broke-its-promise/

But the company changes its mind daily on things, and as you noted it would probably be easy and natural for them to use Win10 support to re-engage with the tech down the line on xbox

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Blueberry_Bandit
Member since 2017 • 891 Posts

@lipgallagher said:
@xantufrog said:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/6/20/17485852/microsoft-xbox-one-no-vr-headset-support-windows-mixed-reality-e3-2018

Wise or foolish?

I think it's foolish, because it probably costs them very little money to implement and support it on XBox given their existing Windows 10 VR+AR initiatives that put a lot of financial burden on 3rd party.

No doubt VR is on a slow burn here, but it's slowly but surely building a library and better technology worthy of attention. I like my Vive Pro a lot

Wise. VR flopped.

Just like PCs flopped in the 70s because they sold worse than VR has currently sold. And just like how consoles in the 70s flopped because they sold worse than VR has currently sold. And just like how smartphones in the 90s flopped because they sold only on par with what VR has currently sold.

See the pattern? Every disruptive technology takes a long time to build up and the hype is never met initially. That takes time. Nothing is dying here, the industry is still progressing and the players are still building new technology for VR.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Blueberry_Bandit

@xantufrog said:

@navyguy21: purportedly they are not pursuing AR support either

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/the-xbox-one-wont-support-vr-because-microsoft-broke-its-promise/

But the company changes it's mind daily on things, and as you noted it would probably be easy and natural for them to use Win10 support to re-engage with the tech down the line on xbox

It's hard to get through to that guy unfortunately. He only hears the negatives of VR and the positives of AR, never looking at them with a fair comparison.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

They'll get back to it. It's the future.

The disability controller looks good though.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Good decision, the fad has came and went. I give PSVR another year before its Vita'd.

The hardware isn't there yet to do VR/AR right

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@blueberry_bandit said:
@lipgallagher said:
@xantufrog said:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/6/20/17485852/microsoft-xbox-one-no-vr-headset-support-windows-mixed-reality-e3-2018

Wise or foolish?

I think it's foolish, because it probably costs them very little money to implement and support it on XBox given their existing Windows 10 VR+AR initiatives that put a lot of financial burden on 3rd party.

No doubt VR is on a slow burn here, but it's slowly but surely building a library and better technology worthy of attention. I like my Vive Pro a lot

Wise. VR flopped.

Just like PCs flopped in the 70s because they sold worse than VR has currently sold. And just like how consoles in the 70s flopped because they sold worse than VR has currently sold. And just like how smartphones in the 90s flopped because they sold only on par with what VR has currently sold.

See the pattern? Every disruptive technology takes a long time to build up and the hype is never met initially. That takes time. Nothing is dying here, the industry is still progressing and the players are still building new technology for VR.

Bad comparison is bad. VR is a peripheral and nothing more. It's not a PC nor does it have any real applications aside from gaming and the occasional hospital use.

You seem to the be the very 1st VR fanboy here. Hope someone is paying you the way you defend VR.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain-: Holy shot what drugs are you on?

Smart move by MS, as you can see that PSVR is dying a slow and painful death, one would be stupid to jump on a train that's running out of track.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

in the end this a blow to VR in general

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts
@KBFloYd said:

in the end this a blow to VR in general

lol.....no it doesnt.

Microsoft has been a Laggard in the tech industry for a long time.

Oculus and HTC will be just fine, sony likely as well.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Blueberry_Bandit

@RR360DD said:

Good decision, the fad has came and went. I give PSVR another year before its Vita'd.

The hardware isn't there yet to do VR/AR right

That's not how this works. It doesn't just end because one company drops it's plans to support a console yet happens to support PC anyway and will continue to do so. The hardware is almost there, as in 2nd gen headsets will be enough to satisfy the average gamer that just wants an easy setup, high resolution, high fidelity, and better comfort.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Blueberry_Bandit

@kingtito said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@lipgallagher said:
@xantufrog said:

Wise or foolish?

Wise. VR flopped.

Bad comparison is bad. VR is a peripheral and nothing more. It's not a PC nor does it have any real applications aside from gaming and the occasional hospital use.

You seem to the be the very 1st VR fanboy here. Hope someone is paying you the way you defend VR.

"(of a device) able to be attached to and used with a computer, though not an integral part of it." That's the definition of peripheral. As you can see, it does not fit VR as a whole. Are PSVR, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive peripherals? Yes.

But are the Oculus Go, Santa Cruz, and Vive Focus peripherals? No. They are self-contained standalone headsets that are their own computing platform. VR is it's own medium by definition.

There are countless uses for VR outside of gaming which you ignore. Were you one of the ones who hadn't tried VR? I forget.

If you're going to label people, at least come with facts, not made up statements.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By kingtito

@blueberry_bandit said:
@kingtito said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@lipgallagher said:
@xantufrog said:

Wise or foolish?

Wise. VR flopped.

"(of a device) able to be attached to and used with a computer, though not an integral part of it." That's the definition of peripheral. As you can see, it does not fit VR as a whole. Are PSVR, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive peripherals? Yes.

But are the Oculus Go, Santa Cruz, and Vive Focus peripherals? No. They are self-contained standalone headsets that are their own computing platform. VR is it's own medium by definition.

There are countless uses for VR outside of gaming which you ignore. Were you one of the ones who hadn't tried VR? I forget.

If you're going to label people, at least come with facts, not made up statements.

Yep, it's a peripheral and your comparison to PC sales of the 70s like VR is THAT revolutionary and will have anything besides being a peripheral for gaming as it's main purpose is delusional and pure fanboyism.

I owned an Oculus rift and besides gaming and movie watching it's very limited for gamers. Why would we care what uses it has outside of that?

You being a VR fanboy IS a fact. You defend it like a cow defends his PS. Nothing made up about that.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@KBFloYd: hardly a blow to the VR industry because a software company is too inept to make a decent vr headset.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56307 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@davillain-: Holy shot what drugs are you on?

Smart move by MS, as you can see that PSVR is dying a slow and painful death, one would be stupid to jump on a train that's running out of track.

I'm not taking any drugs, thank you!

I'm only pointing out there might've been Xbox One fans waiting for MS VR device but since MS is backing out, PSVR is now, the only VR device on the current-gen console and from the looks of it, Sony might get a huge boost of sales.

You do know MS still has HoloLens right? Despite it's not meant for heavy gaming, I'm still interest seeing what MS can do with that kind of technology.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Blueberry_Bandit

@kingtito said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@kingtito said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@lipgallagher said:

Wise. VR flopped.

Yep, it's a peripheral and your comparison to PC sales of the 70s like VR is THAT revolutionary and will have anything besides being a peripheral for gaming as it's main purpose is delusional and pure fanboyism.

I owned an Oculus rift and besides gaming and movie watching it's very limited for gamers. Why would we care what uses it has outside of that?

You being a VR fanboy IS a fact. You defend it like a cow defends his PS. Nothing made up about that.

What's worse than a fanboy who knows all the facts? A hater who knows none of the facts.

I literally gave you a definition and you misread it. How is that possible? Everyone else in this thread should (I hope) have no trouble understanding that VR is a medium of it's own.

There are lots of non-gaming applications for VR:

• Most connecting way to socialize at a distance
  • Tourism and telepresence for concerts and events
  • Education
  • Training simulations
  • Architecture and and product visualization
  • Robotics 1:1 input
  • Treating disorders and use for therapy
  • Virtual workspaces, virtual computing and virtual media
  • Self expression with art, roleplay, etc

If you want, I can pull up some examples of these. Some of those also overlay into gaming itself like socializing (multiplayer) and virtual media (like overlaying screens inside your Elite Dangerous cockpit)

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kingtito

@blueberry_bandit said:
@kingtito said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@kingtito said:
@blueberry_bandit said:

What's worse than a fanboy who knows all the facts? A hater who knows none of the facts.

I literally gave you a definition and you misread it. How is that possible? Everyone else in this thread should (I hope) have no trouble understanding that VR is a medium of it's own.

• Education
  • Training simulations

If you want, I can pull up some examples of these. Some of those also overlay into gaming itself like socializing (multiplayer) and virtual media (like overlaying screens inside your Elite Dangerous cockpit)

Oculus requires a PC, Vive requires a PC and the PSVR requires the PS4...I'd call that a peripheral. Keep trying like the little engine that could...chuga...chuga...chuga choo choo

You don't need VR for any of those applications but still WHY WOULD THAT MATTER TO GAMERS? For SWs and gaming it's a failure so far. I couldn't care less if it could be used for any of those examples you listed of which most could be done with a regular old monitor. VR might enhance but isn't a necessity of the majority of those.

I hope you get paid by these VR companies.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Guess MS see's the writing on the wall.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

I still think VR is cool and getting better. Played some free racing game I got off ps plus last month or the month before in VR and it was actually really neat perspective. You're "over the shoulder" of the car. No worry over motion sickness. More on topic: I'm not sure what MS is thinking. It'd be a great way to sell more X's and the VR goggle's are already out there on PC. It's like they are purposely limiting the Xbox for unknown reasons. That $500 box could be a really great PC if they allowed more options. Maybe have a PC mode and a console mode bootup option. PC mode would run future games using the PC version(with all the options of graphics/performance) and also any current VR set that is Windows 10 compatible via a patch that's automatically downloaded once the Xbox recognizes which VR set it is. In console mode, it'll play just like it currently does(games will be better optimized in this mode, tailored for the hardware, plus no kb/m aka even playing field.)

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 JoshRMeyer

@RR360DD: PSVR isn't going anywhere but up. The mobile phone market and success of the 3ds killed the Vita(also those damn memory cards). What's going to kill PSVR? Vive and Rift only compliment each other. VR tech is accelerating extremely fast. PSVR will no doubt be on ps5 and will be amazing. A wireless headset for sure this time(can only play VR for less than an hour at a time anyways so the battery doesn't need to last all day). Resolution should be crazy high if rumors are true. 120 fps the norm.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Blueberry_Bandit

@kingtito said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@kingtito said:
@blueberry_bandit said:

• Education
  • Training simulations

Oculus requires a PC, Vive requires a PC and the PSVR requires the PS4...I'd call that a peripheral. Keep trying like the little engine that could...chuga...chuga...chuga choo choo

You don't need VR for any of those applications but still WHY WOULD THAT MATTER TO GAMERS? For SWs and gaming it's a failure so far. I couldn't care less if it could be used for any of those examples you listed of which most could be done with a regular old monitor. VR might enhance but isn't a necessity of the majority of those.

And Oculus Go, Vive Focus, Oculus Santa Cruz, Lenovo Mirage Solo, they require nothing. They are standalone headsets and as everyone in the VR industry is saying, they are the true future of VR. Those will evolve into devices that have the option of connecting wirelessly to your PC to gain more processing power.

Of course you need VR for some of those applications, whereas the others amplify what can be done already.

Virtual computing is only done through AR / VR, should be obvious with a name like that.

Telepresence is literally only possible with VR because nothing can give you the sense of being somewhere else.

Socializing can be done by phone or video chat but it's disconnected. You have no body language, no eye contact, no sense of being with each other. VR has all of that.

Other areas like training simulations, exposure therapy, and architecture visualization work far better in VR than anywhere else. Looking at 3D model of a house plan doesn't help nearly as much as stepping inside that house plan.

Now for gaming, it enhances many genres out there, allows new genres to exist, improves the social aspect of multiplayer greatly, improves character connection, increases immersion, allows for more interactivity and creativity in player choice, and gives you actual feelings that you wouldn't otherwise experience. Horror games can be terrifying in VR. Floating around in zero gravity can give you a slight sense of weightlessness in VR. When someone gets up in your face, you usually back away in VR. If you're scared of heights, you'll probably be scared of heights in VR, especially as fidelity improves. The feeling of what you experience within gaming is now there when it wasn't before.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Blueberry_Bandit

@joshrmeyer said:

@RR360DD: PSVR isn't going anywhere but up. The mobile phone market and success of the 3ds killed the Vita(also those damn memory cards). What's going to kill PSVR? Vive and Rift only compliment each other. VR tech is accelerating extremely fast. PSVR will no doubt be on ps5 and will be amazing. A wireless headset for sure this time(can only play VR for less than an hour at a time anyways so the battery doesn't need to last all day). Resolution should be crazy high if rumors are true. 120 fps the norm.

Resolution will increase very fast as you say. Oculus are aiming for 4000 x 4000 per eye with their next headset, Google have 4800 x 3840 per eye displays working, and Apple are supposedly working on 8000 x 8000 per eye but I find that one a bit hard to believe personally.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 kingtito

@blueberry_bandit said:
@kingtito said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@kingtito said:
@blueberry_bandit said:

• Education
  • Training simulations

And Oculus Go, Vive Focus, Oculus Santa Cruz, Lenovo Mirage Solo, they require nothing. They are standalone headsets and as everyone in the VR industry is saying, they are the true future of VR. Those will evolve into devices that have the option of connecting wirelessly to your PC to gain more processing power.

Of course you need VR for some of those applications, whereas the others amplify what can be done already.

Virtual computing is only done through AR / VR, should be obvious with a name like that.

Telepresence is literally only possible with VR because nothing can give you the sense of being somewhere else.

Socializing can be done by phone or video chat but it's disconnected. You have no body language, no eye contact, no sense of being with each other. VR has all of that.

Other areas like training simulations, exposure therapy, and architecture visualization work far better in VR than anywhere else. Looking at 3D model of a house plan doesn't help nearly as much as stepping inside that house plan.

Now for gaming, it enhances many genres out there, allows new genres to exist, improves the social aspect of multiplayer greatly, improves character connection, increases immersion, allows for more interactivity and creativity in player choice, and gives you actual feelings that you wouldn't otherwise experience. Horror games can be terrifying in VR. Floating around in zero gravity can give you a slight sense of weightlessness in VR. When someone gets up in your face, you usually back away in VR. If you're scared of heights, you'll probably be scared of heights in VR, especially as fidelity improves. The feeling of what you experience within gaming is now there when it wasn't before.

Oh you mean VR lite? VR that means nothing to SWs? "People are saying" isn't a fact OR reality. Right now VR is more a failure than success. Paid much?

Guess you missed the part where I said "MOST could be done with a regular old monitor" Thought that was rather obvious

No, I don't think so. Maybe to YOU they give you that illusion but what YOU think isn't necessarily a reality. Still video and phone conversations don't need VR

As I said it enhances but can still be fine with just what we're using now. Sure hope those checks are big

Never said it didn't do anything for gaming but comparing it to PC sales of the 70s was a bad comparison and as of right now it's a failure no matter how hard you try to spin it. You can list all the positives but that doesn't make it a success or the future of gaming. Right now it's a gimmick and nothing more than gaming peripheral, a rather expensive peripheral at that.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Blueberry_Bandit

@kingtito said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@kingtito said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@kingtito said:

• Education
  • Training simulations

Oh you mean VR lite? VR that means nothing to SWs? "People are saying" isn't a fact OR reality. Right now VR is more a failure than success. Paid much?

Guess you missed the part where I said "MOST could be done with a regular old monitor" Thought that was rather obvious

No, I don't think so. Maybe to YOU they give you that illusion but what YOU think isn't necessarily a reality. Still video and phone conversations don't need VR

As I said it enhances but can still be fine with just what we're using now. Sure hope those checks are big

Never said it didn't do anything for gaming but comparing it to PC sales of the 70s was a bad comparison and as of right now it's a failure no matter how hard you try to spin it. You can list all the positives but that doesn't make it a success or the future of gaming. Right now it's a gimmick and nothing more than gaming peripheral, a rather expensive peripheral at that.

It's obvious that the true future of VR is standalone, it frees up a lot of restrictions.

Just because some of those can be done with a monitor doesn't mean there is no benefit to doing it in VR. Everything listed there has enormous benefits to doing it in VR. In many cases it will save time and costs.

You want to connect with family and friends at a distance? Sure you can use a phone or video chat but want to know why people say "I really miss you" on the phone a lot? Because they are not together. VR can put you together into the same space and allow you to do all kinds of real world and made up activities.

Your argument: "We're fine with 1080p. 4K should never be used. We're fine with current computing power. It should never be increased. We're fine with horses and carriages, we should never have cars"

Objectively VR as a whole is not a peripheral as I showed you earlier with a literal definition that agrees with me. Comparing it to PCs of the 70s is one of the best comparisons one can make. And failure would mean that it is dying and fading away. There is nothing to suggest this; only the opposite is true as companies are shifting to work on 2nd gen headsets and standalones now.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@blueberry_bandit: Yeah, and the psvr 2 rumor has it at 1001 ppi up from the current 368 ppi. The worst part of VR, well psvr is the camera needed. I kinda hate having to sit or stand right in front of it. But I know this has already been solved on other units using an internal tracker and wireless adapter or headset. Good times ahead!

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
@joshrmeyer said:

I'm talking in its current iteration.

"What's going to kill PSVR?"

Sony.

I've no doubt PSVR will be on the ps5, but it will not be the PSVR we have today - that tech is garbage.

Like I said in my OP, VR/AR have huge potential but the tech isn't there to do it right yet (at mass consumer prices)

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

People still think VR is a thing?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44206 Posts

For those interested...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/valve-releases-new-portal-vr-demo-moondust/1100-6459967/

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Blueberry_Bandit

@kuu2 said:

Yes. VR's growth pattern is quite similar to the growth of PCs in the 70s. All the companies that hopped into VR in the last few years are still going for another few years at least. No one has dropped out yet, and many of them are working on the next line of headsets.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@kuu2 said:

VR is still very much of a thing. Sure it's never going to be for everyone and may never be the replacement to the TV. But it will get better and cheaper as the years go on and devs will better understand how to make better games.

Personally I think it's great and I've never really understood the 'I hate it so it shouldn't even exist' type.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 TryIt
@blueberry_bandit said:
@kuu2 said:

Yes. VR's growth pattern is quite similar to the growth of PCs in the 70s. All the companies that hopped into VR in the last few years are still going for another few years at least. No one has dropped out yet, and many of them are working on the next line of headsets.

like how MS missed the smart phone industry and how they missed out on the internet application industry (like amazon etc), they are going to wait on this until its too late

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 pdogg93

@tryit: yep exactly. They completely missed the target with their xbone unveil as well. These guys aren’t forward thinkers. They just play catch up and usually fail.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@pdogg93 said:

@tryit: yep exactly. They completely missed the target with their xbone unveil as well. These guys aren’t forward thinkers. They just play catch up and usually fail.

They're probably want to wait until the tech is better before putting out a half assed headset like the PSVR with it's iffy tracking.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TryIt
@boycie said:
@pdogg93 said:

They're probably want to wait until the tech is better before putting out a half assed headset like the PSVR with it's iffy tracking.

think on that.

'they should wait until others perfect the technology' said the technology company.

The thing is, in tech, you cant wait until others do it and proove it out. it moves to fast.

lesson learn, wait until the smart phone market prooves itself.,...to late

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@tryit said:
@boycie said:
@pdogg93 said:

think on that.

'they should wait until others perfect the technology' said the technology company.

The thing is, in tech, you cant wait until others do it and proove it out. it moves to fast.

I personally don't think VR needs anymore standards or headset to fracture the market anymore than it is already. MS is better off working AR like they have been for a few years now (as have Apple) as both AR and VR will complement each other in the future.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 TryIt
@boycie said:
@tryit said:
@boycie said:
@pdogg93 said:

think on that.

I personally don't think VR needs anymore standards or headset to fracture the market anymore than it is already. MS is better off working AR like they have been for a few years now (as have Apple) as both AR and VR will complement each other in the future.

fair enough, I think AR is not going to be as successful as VR. its use is more limited.

as a side note, how does a company that basically brought a web browser to everyones home and office not have an internet presence other than MSN?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@tryit said:
@boycie said:
@tryit said:
@boycie said:
@pdogg93 said:

think on that.

fair enough, I think AR is not going to be as successful as VR. its use is more limited.

as a side note, how does a company that basically brought a web browser to everyones home and office not have an internet presence other than MSN?

I disagree. I think VR will always be more limited due to the nature of having a headset strapped to your face for hours at a time, where as AR has loads more real world applications.

On the side note, I'm not sure.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By TryIt
@boycie said:
@tryit said:
@boycie said:
@tryit said:

think on that.

I disagree. I think VR will always be more limited due to the nature of having a headset strapped to your face for hours at a time, where as AR has loads more real world applications.

well to be clear at least in the example of Hololense it far more uncomfortable then all the VR headsets from what I have read.

So unless there is something like Google glass its not going to be more comfortable.

The thing is, all those VR could do is put on a camera and then BOOM...has both VR and AR

but that said, I think there is a small number of games and experiences that can be applied to my coffee table then there is 100% my field of view to be turned into anything

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Blueberry_Bandit

@boycie said:
@tryit said:
@boycie said:
@tryit said:
@boycie said:

think on that.

Technically that isn't relevant in the long run because every HMD will be a AR / VR hybrid. The concept of an AR or VR headset will cease to exist as everything just becomes known as MR or XR, whatever term people decide on.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 pdogg93

@boycie: lol psvr is anything but half assed. It’s a good vr system for $250. It’s still a v1, but good enough to be enjoyable.

I don’t know why you defend ms for every single one of their moves. Do you work for them? What benefit do you get from praising everything they do?

Facts are facts dude. MS is dead last in everything this gen. I’m sorry you like a mediocre experience but projecting your corporate boner on everyone here is sad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@pdogg93 said:

@boycie: lol psvr is anything but half assed. It’s a good vr system for $250. It’s still a v1, but good enough to be enjoyable.

I don’t know why you defend ms for every single one of their moves. Do you work for them? What benefit do you get from praising everything they do?

Facts are facts dude. MS is dead last in everything this gen. I’m sorry you like a mediocre experience but projecting your corporate boner on everyone here is sad.

I get no more than the Sony fans that have been defending Sony and there cross play blocking for the last fortnite!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#91  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

2 years from a new console release, with PSVR underperforming, why on earth would they bet on VR right now?

Edit:Btw, I had a PSVR, and sold it. I just don't think the tech is on point ATM. Yes, some enjoyable games, but very few worth my gaming time. And those damn cables, Jebus!!! Plus image quality is kind of mediocre.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 pdogg93

@boycie: lol fortnite crossplay is such a minor issue. Nobody actually gives a shit on the Sony side cause there are so many games to play...

Is sub 20 FPS and buildings not loading PUBG not good enough for you? LOL clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@pdogg93 said:

@boycie: lol fortnite crossplay is such a minor issue. Nobody actually gives a shit on the Sony side cause there are so many games to play...

Is sub 20 FPS and buildings not loading PUBG not good enough for you? LOL clown

You're not defending Sony are you. Do you get paid for doing that?

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 pdogg93

@boycie: ?? Completely different issue. MS promised VR capable Scorpio. It was talked about many times.

People got hyped, bought it and now ms pulled out. Classic ms bullshit. Sony fortnite crossplay is a completely different argument. Poor strawman broken lem you are.

I’m not defending Sony on this move, I just don’t give a shit. You on the other hand have to spend energy constantly protecting a massive corporation for actual shitty moves that tricked consumers. Lemmings are the absolute worst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@pdogg93 said:

@boycie: ?? Completely different issue. MS promised VR capable Scorpio. It was talked about many times.

People got hyped, bought it and now ms pulled out. Classic ms bullshit. Sony fortnite crossplay is a completely different argument. Poor strawman broken lem you are.

I’m not defending Sony on this move, I just don’t give a shit. You on the other hand have to spend energy constantly protecting a massive corporation for actual shitty moves that tricked consumers. Lemmings are the absolute worst

You clearly do care which is why you're getting annoyed.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I like how these people think Microsoft not getting in on VR means that VR is doomed. Like, these people stopped using MP3s when Zune went tits up? foh!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@Shewgenja: Apples VR is so amazing.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Blueberry_Bandit

@Shewgenja said:

I like how these people think Microsoft not getting in on VR means that VR is doomed. Like, these people stopped using MP3s when Zune went tits up? foh!

And even then Microsoft are still doing VR on PC. They also believe AR / VR is the next computing platform and will be a major focus for the company as a whole with a long term goal set for it. Just because it's not on Xbox One (it's definitely going to be there on the next Xbox) doesn't really mean much for the industry.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

Thank funk for that.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@blueberry_bandit said:
@Shewgenja said:

And even then Microsoft are still doing VR on PC. They also believe AR / VR is the next computing platform and will be a major focus for the company as a whole with a long term goal set for it. Just because it's not on Xbox One (it's definitely going to be there on the next Xbox) doesn't really mean much for the industry.

Absolutely correct.