• 84 results
Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Poll Xbox Gamepass Service is .. (111 votes)

Great deal 68%
OK 15%
Not worth my money 17%

1-100 Games

2-All First Party Titles , Day 1 - Microsoft flight simulator 2020 will be released August , 18 , don't miss it -

3-xCloud Streaming is free with game pass ultimate

dunno about you guys but I love it

• 
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Best thing MS have done in the past decade.

Only reason I'm considering the new Xbox really.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

It's a fantastic service I love it. Even if you just think of it as a try before you buy on Xbox exclusives it's an excellent deal but it has tons more besides that.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11620 Posts

It's clearly a great deal.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'd say it's a great deal. I'm not a "games as a service" kind of person, but I will probably enroll this month to jump on the Flight Sim bandwagon

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Bu bu but it must be costing MS a fortune = fanboys,butthurt ramblings

HaH

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

As someone who's a subscriber yesterday's show made me super excited about the next years on the service. Amazing stuff!

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

It's a great deal and it makes it feel as if it would be a disaster to go back to how things were before.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

It's good shit.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44147 Posts

I almost, almost mind you, feel guilty as though I'm stealing from MS. GP just rocks. :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44313 Posts

Definitely a great deal. Not really for me personally as I like to buy and keep physical versions of the games that I want to play but I can certainly see it’s value.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

Seems like a great deal... but Im afraid if I do start paying monthly, I will just continue to buy games as well. Raising the cost of gaming needlessly. Already an expensive hobby for sure.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bluestars

Nothing comes close,and will help pay for your new console through game purchase savings...whatever the XBSX price Is deduct 45 quid straight away from free halo

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20130 Posts

It's a great deal.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56227 Posts

Outstanding for the PC players so they won't need to invest buying an Xbox console in order to play MS exclusives is why Game Pass is a great service. And most importantly, lets also thank you for Xbox Play Anywhere.

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

played games I would never have bought. Great service.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Thanks Microsoft has persuaded me to get gamepass instead of the next gen console (granted i'm probably just gonna sub for when I want to play a certain game). Imagine it takes ya like 5 days to beat a game, That's like 6 games full price for just $15.

Granted I think you shouldn't sub just to play all Destiny 2 content forever. You'll just be better off buying all the content on black friday. If you can't afford next gen console or just games in general, this is the best next thing since not everyone can afford gaming.

Well done.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45263 Posts

If you're a person who actually likes to own games, not really. You're merely renting them from Microsoft.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44147 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

If you're a person who actually likes to own games, not really. You're merely renting them from Microsoft.

Ya know the Option is there to own them and at a discount to boot. :P

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@bluestars: ‘Bu bu but it must be costing MS a fortune = fanboys,butthurt ramblings’

This is such a dumb argument. The average casual probably buys one or two games a year - if that. The price of Gamepass is about two full priced games annually. Look at your cousin’s collection (assuming he’s more of a casual gamer). I guarantee you he owns about 6 or 7 games in total - half of them bought on sale. In the span of the Xbox One to date (approximately 7 years), a Gamepass subscription would net MS 14 games at full launch price. That’s more than doubled their potential revenue and they completely left out the overhead of having to ship a physical copy making them even more money. And that’s just the basic Gamepass sub.

Microsoft is making a killing with Gamepass - and it’ll only be more successful next gen. Gamers win by having a large library of new and catalogue titles, and the extra money MS makes off the service means they can invest more in development. It’s a win win for everyone. Well, except GameStop.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

Best deal in gaming currently. Love it.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11155 Posts

It's an amazing deal. Plus, I like the idea of shortchanging Microsoft. 😂

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7256 Posts

great value nothing else to match it.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7204 Posts

it sounds great but the fact is xbox is rushing for gamepass fillers to compete with google and steam.

look at the games this gen from xbox first party games they are rushed to get more games on gamepass. this is why i don't like it.

while sony take time on there games even if it takes all gen to release the game. like last of us 2 and ghost the most impressive looking games this gen. i know xbox fans you would never agree and say gears 5 and forza looks the best this gen.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: Sorry google translate struggled to translate “Moooooooo” into English for me so not sure what you said sorry!

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

Not worth it, personally.

I have a major qualm with subscription-based games. I go back-and-forth on PS+ but my major issue is having to pay when I’m not playing, hence why I never permit myself to play either WoW or FFXIV for any extended period, despite my desire to.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

@gifford38: well that's if you are subbed for a whole year. My take is if there's like 2-3 newly released games ya wanna play, sub for a month, finish it, and unsub.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gifford38
@Sevenizz said:

@bluestars: ‘Bu bu but it must be costing MS a fortune = fanboys,butthurt ramblings’

This is such a dumb argument. The average casual probably buys one or two games a year - if that. The price of Gamepass is about two full priced games annually. Look at your cousin’s collection (assuming he’s more of a casual gamer). I guarantee you he owns about 6 or 7 games in total - half of them bought on sale. In the span of the Xbox One to date (approximately 7 years), a Gamepass subscription would net MS 14 games at full launch price. That’s more than doubled their potential revenue and they completely left out the overhead of having to ship a physical copy making them even more money. And that’s just the basic Gamepass sub.

Microsoft is making a killing with Gamepass - and it’ll only be more successful next gen. Gamers win by having a large library of new and catalogue titles, and the extra money MS makes off the service means they can invest more in development. It’s a win win for everyone. Well, except GameStop.

yes there making a killing but at the same time there rushing there games to fill up gamepass as fast as they can. there isn't any game on the graphical level of sony first party except gears 5 and forza. i know you guys are blind when it comes to sony games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#28 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69816 Posts

Gamepass is legit. Its the one feature that makes Xbox gaming the best bargain for your buck.

I wait.😎

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gifford38

@Pedro said:

Gamepass is legit. Its the one feature that makes Xbox gaming the best bargain for your buck.

I wait.😎

to me gamepass is legit but i think xbox is going the wrong way with it. to me there rushing there first party to make gamepass fillers and then letting them create some thing that has a AAA budget game a gen to late. there trying to keep up with google and steam while sony is doing there own thing to give us those AAA budget games. which most are getting praised from the gaming community. letting sony selling 120 million consoles this gen.

but it got xbox to wake up this gen and start making great games that was found on the original xbox and 360. i remember playing mass effect one and fable one one the original xbox saying wow what is sony going to do to keep up with these game.

look up original xbox and 360 exclusive games and compare them to xbox one games this gen. the quality even the graphics on those last gen games for that time was sometime beyond some of sony games.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bluestars

@gifford38:

Hellblade 2 will equal anything ps5 has to offer next gen in visuals...you know it,I know it

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Duckyindiana

@gifford38: There game quality has been the same all gen so blaming gamepass is just a reason for you to bash it!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

to me gamepass is legit but i think xbox is going the wrong way with it. to me there rushing there first party to make gamepass fillers and then letting them create some thing that has a AAA budget game a gen to late. there trying to keep up with google and steam while sony is doing there own thing to give us those AAA budget games. which most are getting praised from the gaming community. letting sony selling 120 million consoles this gen.

but it got xbox to wake up this gen and start making great games that was found on the original xbox and 360. i remember playing mass effect one and fable one one the original xbox saying wow what is sony going to do to keep up with these game.

look up original xbox and 360 exclusive games and compare them to xbox one games this gen. the quality even the graphics on those last gen games for that time was sometime beyond some of sony games.

What are the first party filler games you are talking about?

You are building your argument on a false premise and running aimlessly with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

... a money saver.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gifford38

@Duckyindiana said:

@gifford38: There game quality has been the same all gen so blaming gamepass is just a reason for you to bash it!

yeah crappy all gen. only games that are on par with sony are forza, gears, halo. its been gamepass filler after filler.

look up original xbox and 360 exclusives and compare them to xbox one this gen. xbox back then had quality games that made me buy a xbox. this gen was the first time i only had one system.

you can't tell me xbox one had great games that made what made xbox a xbox in the past.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@fedor said:

It barely is for PC. Hard to find any games worth playing after playing Ori, Halo, Forza and Gears.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Phlop_Spencer
@gifford38 said:
@Duckyindiana said:

yeah crappy all gen. only games that are on par with sony are forza, gears, halo. its been gamepass filler after filler.

look up original xbox and 360 exclusives and compare them to xbox one this gen. xbox back then had quality games that made me buy a xbox. this gen was the first time i only had one system.

you can't tell me xbox one had great games that made what made xbox a xbox in the past.

honestly, I would say only Forza is up to par with Sony quality.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Duckyindiana

@gifford38: I didn’t say it had great games but you trying to find a way to bash gamepass(you are a cow so not surprised) blaming it for game quality is just daft! Just admit it and move on.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11620 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:
@fedor said:

It barely is for PC. Hard to find any games worth playing after playing Ori, Halo, Forza and Gears.

I disagree, taking a quick glance DQ11, SOR 4, Plagues tale, AOE 2 definitive, Bloodstained, Carrion etc... There's tons of shit to play on there.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Phlop_Spencer
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

You are building your argument on a false premise and running aimlessly with it.

Oh Pedro you sad little ms cheerleader. It's pretty evident after yesterday that Halo Infinite is one such gamepass filler. 343 is going to release yet another unfinished turd that will come with promises from your boy Aaron Greenerd that it will 'keep getting better and better'.

This is classic MS. Poor execution due to subpar project management. You and your little green buddies just love making excuses for trillion dollar corporations LOL. TLHBO

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gifford38
@bluestars said:

@gifford38:

Hellblade 2 will equal anything ps5 has to offer next gen in visuals...you know it,I know it

yes because is ninja theory. like i said finally xbox is becoming xbox again. xbox made a huge mistake at the end of 360 and selling most of there studios. studios that made xbox a xbox.

to me xbox always had a different look to the games that set them apart from sony.

i hope the rumors are not true making fable a mmo. i jumped so high yesterday when they announced it.

i don't hate xbox i hate xbox one generation and hope they improve there games. gamepass will be great once they make great games to put on them.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Duckyindiana

@phlop_spencer: Who’s pathetic alt are you by the way?

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Phlop_Spencer

@fedor said:
@phlop_spencer said:
@fedor said:

I disagree, taking a quick glance DQ11, SOR 4, Plagues tale, AOE 2 definitive, Bloodstained, Carrion etc... There's tons of shit to play on there.

I will actually take your advice and have a thumb thru these games.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blueinheaven

@gifford38 said:
@bluestars said:

@gifford38:

yes because is ninja theory. like i said finally xbox is becoming xbox again. xbox made a huge mistake at the end of 360 and selling most of there studios. studios that made xbox a xbox.

to me xbox always had a different look to the games that set them apart from sony.

i hope the rumors are not true making fable a mmo. i jumped so high yesterday when they announced it.

i don't hate xbox i hate xbox one generation and hope they improve there games. gamepass will be great once they make great games to put on them.

You keep talking as though MS games are the only games on Gamepass nothing could be further from the truth. There's tons of third party AAA content on there well worth playing.

I don't think you've ever even seen what's on Gamepass.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gifford38

@phlop_spencer said:
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

Oh Pedro you sad little ms cheerleader. It's pretty evident after yesterday that Halo Infinite is one such gamepass filler. 343 is going to release yet another unfinished turd that will come with promises from your boy Aaron Greenerd that it will 'keep getting better and better'.

This is classic MS. Poor execution due to subpar project management. You and your little green buddies just love making excuses for trillion dollar corporations LOL. TLHBO

ok philop the great halo has nothing to do with it. its the filler games. its the fact all gen there was not much that had that xbox quality to it. that use to make you think why you need to own a xbox and a ps.

the only games i feel like i miss out on was oni, sunset overdrive(a company which is making awesome looking sony games), sea of thiefs, lol im been thinking for a min. i think thats it. there might be more but can't think of them.

its xbox fault though selling all there first party at the end of 360 that made games that separated them from sony.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pedro

@gifford38: Again, what are these filler games MS is forcing its studios to make?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

Wow. Only 19% of people here are Playstation-only gamers.

Seems like a lot more sometimes.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gifford38

@blueinheaven said:
@gifford38 said:
@bluestars said:

@gifford38:

You keep talking as though MS games are the only games on Gamepass nothing could be further from the truth. There's tons of third party AAA content on there well worth playing.

yes those same games i can get on my ps4.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blueinheaven

@gifford38 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@gifford38 said:
@bluestars said:

@gifford38:

yes those same games i can get on my ps4.

Not for next to nothing you can't are you deliberately trying to convince people that you're an idiot? You're doing a fine job if that's the plan.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

Great deal. I wonder how long first party stuff stays on there? The third party stuff lasts how long? 3 months? 6?

Is the xCloud service like remote play but better?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pedro

@shellcase86 said:

Great deal. I wonder how long first party stuff stays on there? The third party stuff lasts how long? 3 months? 6?

Is the xCloud service like remote play but better?

Their first party is going to be the meat of the service and xCloud is closer to PSNow and Stadia.