Xbox 360 Vs PS3 ROUND 1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
[QUOTE="h575309"][QUOTE="farrell2k"][QUOTE="itsallgood29"]

In the black trunks is the most hated and talked about opponent of all time, sporting 8 ppu's, he's the man with the future plan, he is the one and only......PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaseyWegner

This pretty much ends the thread right here, sony's future plan.

Sony: Just wait. Things will get better, eventually.

No thanks. I am tired of playing the waiting game, the PS3's killer app!

the system has been out 9 months give me a break. the 360 didnt get its killer app until a year after when GeoW came out. stop being so melodramatic. you people act like youve been waiting for years to play games on it. ill admit it doesnt have a load of GREAT games but they are obviously coming. there hasnt been much of anything great coming out in the last eight months since december for any system.

scroll up and read what i didn't say at the top of this page. :?

actually the ps3 has more AA and AAA games added together than the 360 did at this point in its lifecycle (first 9 months). i made a post on it the other day. if we used gamerankings, this point would be even easier to make as PD0 is a low AA and RFOM is a high AA on GR.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

As the PS3 tries to crotch grab the 360, the 360 pulls out the Lancer and chainsaws the PS3 into pieces. Blood and guts splatter all over the ring. The Xbox 360 wins by devasting knock out the guts.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

actually the ps3 has more AA and AAA games added together than the 360 did at this point in its lifecycle (first 9 months). i made a post on it the other day. if we used gamerankings, this point would be even easier to make as PD0 is a low AA and RFOM is a high AA on GR.

h575309

multiplats :?

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="h575309"][QUOTE="farrell2k"][QUOTE="itsallgood29"]

In the black trunks is the most hated and talked about opponent of all time, sporting 8 ppu's, he's the man with the future plan, he is the one and only......PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

h575309

the system has been out 9 months give me a break. the 360 didnt get its killer app until a year after when GeoW came out. stop being so melodramatic. you people act like youve been waiting for years to play games on it. ill admit it doesnt have a load of GREAT games but they are obviously coming. there hasnt been much of anything great coming out in the last eight months since december for any system.

I've played Resistance plenty of times online and off. Im sorry it just is not that great. So why don't you start making that list of all the great PS3 games that totally eclipse last august's lineup. By now 360 had Dead Rising which will likely be remembered as a great brand new style game vs. Resistance which pretty much looks like your standard WW2 shooter with aliens thrown in.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
if you want the real knockout punch then just say that, statistically, the 360's exclusive launch lineup was better than the ps3's current lineup. i'm not gonna say that though.CaseyWegner
Interesting,a better knockout punch would be your 360 won't last long enough for you to play the launch lineup. For the sake of 'a joke within a joke' :
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
[QUOTE="h575309"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="h575309"][QUOTE="farrell2k"][QUOTE="itsallgood29"]

L1qu1dSword

I've played Resistance plenty of times online and off. Im sorry it just is not that great. So why don't you start making that list of all the great PS3 games that totally eclipse last august's lineup. By now 360 had Dead Rising which will likely be remembered as a great brand new style game vs. Resistance which pretty much looks like your standard WW2 shooter with aliens thrown in.

i never said eclipsed. i dont think the ps3 lineup at this point is better than the xbox 360s lineup 9 months in. i just dont think its so much better that everyone is touting. and are you gonna say that resistance isnt better than PD0? i think it is. pd0 was very dissapointing to me.

and yes alot of the AA and AAA games are multiplats but it still has MORE AA and AAA games then the 360 did. they may be on both systems but like i said im not trying to prove the ps3 has a better lineup at this point than the 360 did. Im saying they are COMPRABLE with 360 having a slight advantage. Cant we agree to that?

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Dualshockin
actually the ps3 has more AA and AAA games added together than the 360 did at this point in its lifecycle (first 9 months). i made a post on it the other day. if we used gamerankings, this point would be even easier to make as PD0 is a low AA and RFOM is a high AA on GR.h575309
Agreed,the Ps3 is doing just fine with it's current game library. But there'll be an excuse after that fact you pointed out,the competition will never admit the fact that the Ps3 has excellent games.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Dualshockin

As the PS3 tries to crotch grab the 360, the 360 pulls out the Lancer and chainsaws the PS3 into pieces. Blood and guts splatter all over the ring. The Xbox 360 wins by devasting knock out the guts.

ReverseCycology
How is that possible,the 360 would have exploded if it tried to raise the 'Lancer'.
x_boyfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 x_boyfriend
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts
Man, with the future plan! LAWL!
neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 neo786
Member since 2005 • 2855 Posts

Playstation 1= Won Console War

Playstation 2= Won Console War

Playstation 2= (Worldwide: 120.10 million units shipped as of May 30th 2007) Xbox= 24 Million Units Sold

Playstation 2= Still alive and in production (DESPITE BEING RELEASED BEFORE THE XBOX) Xbox= Out of production

Playstation 3 has sold half the ammount of units in within a year which microsoft sold inin almost 2years so current sales wise PS3 is still matching the 360

that sums it up i guess also HDMI on an elite is only 1.2 where as on a ps3 its 1.3

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Dualshockin
Another knockout:Microsoft have yet to make a dime from the Xbox brand to date.
papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 papa_smurf_23
Member since 2007 • 544 Posts

[QUOTE="h575309"]actually the ps3 has more AA and AAA games added together than the 360 did at this point in its lifecycle (first 9 months). i made a post on it the other day. if we used gamerankings, this point would be even easier to make as PD0 is a low AA and RFOM is a high AA on GR.Dualshockin
Agreed,the Ps3 is doing just fine with it's current gamelibrary. But there'll be an excuse after that fact you pointed out,the competition will never admit the fact that the Ps3 has excellent games.

:|

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts

[QUOTE="h575309"]actually the ps3 has more AA and AAA games added together than the 360 did at this point in its lifecycle (first 9 months). i made a post on it the other day. if we used gamerankings, this point would be even easier to make as PD0 is a low AA and RFOM is a high AA on GR.Dualshockin
Agreed,the Ps3 is doing just fine with it's current game library. But there'll be an excuse after that fact you pointed out,the competition will never admit the fact that the Ps3 has excellent games.

Neither will any objective criticism. This is because it does not lol.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Dualshockin

Playstation 1= Won Console War

Playstation 2= Won Console War

Playstation 2= (Worldwide: 120.10 million units shipped as of May 30th 2007) Xbox= 24 Million Units Sold

Playstation 2= Still alive and in production (DESPITE BEING RELEASED BEFORE THE XBOX) Xbox= Out of production

Playstation 3 has sold half the ammount of units in within a year which microsoft sold inin almost 2years so current sales wise PS3 is still matching the 360

that sums it up i guess also HDMI on an elite is only 1.2 where as on a ps3 its 1.3

neo786
Don't forget,there's a 3 year warranty for the faulty console,which basically means there is not a single 360 that won't encounter a problem before this gen is over.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="h575309"]actually the ps3 has more AA and AAA games added together than the 360 did at this point in its lifecycle (first 9 months). i made a post on it the other day. if we used gamerankings, this point would be even easier to make as PD0 is a low AA and RFOM is a high AA on GR.papa_smurf_23

Agreed,the Ps3 is doing just fine with it's current gamelibrary. But there'll be an excuse after that fact you pointed out,the competition will never admit the fact that the Ps3 has excellent games.

That smiley would have had a bigger effect if the Ps3 didn't have any AAA games. Good thing it has them.
neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 neo786

ye also the 3 month warranty just to let people know the product they buy is likely to break down every 4 months and so

but im sure they wud of tried improving the fault like a few months after it was discovered?

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="h575309"]actually the ps3 has more AA and AAA games added together than the 360 did at this point in its lifecycle (first 9 months). i made a post on it the other day. if we used gamerankings, this point would be even easier to make as PD0 is a low AA and RFOM is a high AA on GR.L1qu1dSword

Neither will any objective criticism. This is because it does not lol.

True,AAA games+AA games are nothing compared to the AAAA games found on the 360. Right?
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Dualshockin

ye also the 3 month warranty just to let people know the product they buy is likely to break down every 4 months and so

but im sure they wud of tried improving the fault like a few months after it was discovered?

neo786
It's Microsoft,even after Xbox 1s burned down homes they still blamed the problems on the gamers. This gen,they're doing absolutely nothing to fix the console,almost 2 years in and the failure rate is still skyrocketing.
neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 neo786
this is what would happen if u try playing metal gear solid on the 360: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFYmrz4XoP0
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Dualshockin
this is what would happen if u try playing metal gear solid on the 360: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFYmrz4XoP0neo786
"This mission isn't an order from Washington-Insert Disc 2" LOL
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#71 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

I have news for you. As far as a system being held back due to lack of power this would actually go the other way around. The Xbox 360 has 512 mb of video RAM for graphics while the PS3 only has half that, 256 mb. That's why the 360 games look better and allways will. Anyone who owned a PC and upgraded the video card to one with twice the memmory will tell you it can make a world of difference. Even if developers sort out the mess of a kit Sony gave them they still have to work with half the video memmory.

The 360 also has an advantage with the processor because it has three cores instead of one. That's three 3.2 GHZ processor's vs. SONY's ONE 3.2 GHZ CPU. The Cell's advantages are ironically not very aplicable to gaming. The one way it excells over the 360 CPU is with it's DSP cores that perform vector and float point math which has nothing to do with graphics whatsoever. That actually would have cool implications for AI. The big difference, especially for the sake of my point in this discussion, is that SONY skimped on video memmory. My guess would be that they wanted to ram Blu Ray down your throats and since those drives are pricey, they had to cut corners.

Not to be a jerk but I have to say that each person who thinks PS3 is more powerful, especially graphically, is ignorant. 360 costs less and has more and better games. Plus in order to make up development costs, many PS3 exclusives have jumped ship and more are following from what I have heard.

L1qu1dSword

If what he said is true(Which I know it is, but maybe some Cow will come and contradict it), then Xbox 360 won Round 1...Get ready for Round 2 people..

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

I have news for you. As far as a system being held back due to lack of power this would actually go the other way around. The Xbox 360 has 512 mb of video RAM for graphics while the PS3 only has half that, 256 mb. That's why the 360 games look better and allways will. Anyone who owned a PC and upgraded the video card to one with twice the memmory will tell you it can make a world of difference. Even if developers sort out the mess of a kit Sony gave them they still have to work with half the video memmory.

The 360 also has an advantage with the processor because it has three cores instead of one. That's three 3.2 GHZ processor's vs. SONY's ONE 3.2 GHZ CPU. The Cell's advantages are ironically not very aplicable to gaming. The one way it excells over the 360 CPU is with it's DSP cores that perform vector and float point math which has nothing to do with graphics whatsoever. That actually would have cool implications for AI. The big difference, especially for the sake of my point in this discussion, is that SONY skimped on video memmory. My guess would be that they wanted to ram Blu Ray down your throats and since those drives are pricey, they had to cut corners.

Not to be a jerk but I have to say that each person who thinks PS3 is more powerful, especially graphically, is ignorant. 360 costs less and has more and better games. Plus in order to make up development costs, many PS3 exclusives have jumped ship and more are following from what I have heard.

DeadMan1290

If what he said is true(Which I know it is, but maybe some Cow will come and contradict it), then Xbox 360 won Round 1...Get ready for Round 2 people..

Good thing it isn't true then. There can't be a round 2,the 360 won't last that long :(
FusionApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 FusionApex
Member since 2006 • 1151 Posts
I thought we're in SW, why make a thread like this. I could say xbox eats poop, what'll it matter?
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

Dualshockin

Good thing it isn't true then. There can't be a round 2,the 360 won't last that long :(

Maybe it won't but it'll put up a good fight against the FUTURE:O

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

Dualshockin

Maybe it won't but it'll put up a good fight against the FUTURE:O

papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 papa_smurf_23
[QUOTE="papa_smurf_23"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="h575309"]actually the ps3 has more AA and AAA games added together than the 360 did at this point in its lifecycle (first 9 months). i made a post on it the other day. if we used gamerankings, this point would be even easier to make as PD0 is a low AA and RFOM is a high AA on GR.Dualshockin

That smiley would have had a bigger effect if the Ps3 didn't have any AAA games. Good thing it has them.

And how many of those are exclusives?
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

i dont feel like being a cow right now im kinda sleepy

so ill just say 3 things and go. HOME MGS4 KILLZONE2(in sig)

neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 neo786

ummmm well we still have alot to look forward to most of xbox 360 fans r relying on gears of war 2 and halo 3

We got

MGS4, KILLZONE, JAK AND DAXTER, RATCHET AND CLANK, LAIR, HEAVENLY SWORD, GOD OF WAR 3, FINAL FANTASY, WARHAWK,FINAL FANTASY XIII AND VERSUS,

and who knows we might see a new kingdom hearts down the road

lets hear the 360's future plannings

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Dualshockin
Maybe it won't but it'll put up a good fight against the FUTURE:ODeadMan1290
Microsoft have released Crystal Balls now :o ?
neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 neo786
and incase alot of people havent realised the reason 360 has more exclusives then the ps3 right now thats only because when 360 came out it had no next gen competition for a year ;)
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="papa_smurf_23"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="h575309"]actually the ps3 has more AA and AAA games added together than the 360 did at this point in its lifecycle (first 9 months). i made a post on it the other day. if we used gamerankings, this point would be even easier to make as PD0 is a low AA and RFOM is a high AA on GR.papa_smurf_23

And how many of those are exclusives?

Let me see...Oblivion IV and R6:Vegas, mmm...Oh yeah they're on Xbox also...XD:lol:

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Dualshockin
And how many of those are exclusives?papa_smurf_23
Show me where the AAA+AA argument was about exclusives,and i'll answer your question ;)
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Dualshockin
Let me see...Oblivion IV and R6:Vegas, mmm...Oh yeah they're on Xbox also...XD:lol:DeadMan1290
That must mean the games can't be considered AAA then!
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DeadMan1290

and incase alot of people havent realised the reason 360 has more exclusives then the ps3 right now thats only because when 360 came out it had no next gen competition for a year ;)neo786

But, but whyiiiisss the the W-W-Wii catching up, and lea-leaving PS3 be-behind

neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 neo786

in the UK PS3 costs £425, Wii costs £180

now alot of non gamers wud go for the cheaper option right?

and i guess so would alot of parents?

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Dualshockin
and incase alot of people havent realised the reason 360 has more exclusives then the ps3 right now thats only because when 360 came out it had no next gen competition for a year ;)neo786
Even with no competition,Microsoft seemed to have defeat themselves:  When handling an Xbox product,users must be prepared for all dangers LOL
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DeadMan1290

[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]Let me see...Oblivion IV and R6:Vegas, mmm...Oh yeah they're on Xbox also...XD:lol:Dualshockin

They can, but I quoted our friend pap_smurf_23 because he asked you how many of PS3's AAA titles are exclusives;)..And as you can see only the 360 ports and NG: Sigma are the only AAA titles PS3 has, as for 360 has a few more...

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]Let me see...Oblivion IV and R6:Vegas, mmm...Oh yeah they're on Xbox also...XD:lol:Dualshockin

you don't need a ps3 to play them. that's the whole point.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="neo786"]and incase alot of people havent realised the reason 360 has more exclusives then the ps3 right now thats only because when 360 came out it had no next gen competition for a year ;)DeadMan1290

Hiding behind the Wii now :lol: ?
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
360 makes a left, a right, and uppercut AND HERE COMES THE KNOCKOUT.......wait 360 stopped moving..........whats wrong with 360............RED LIGHTS OF DEATH!!!! PS3 WINS!!!!!
papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 papa_smurf_23
[QUOTE="papa_smurf_23"]And how many of those are exclusives?Dualshockin
Show me where the AAA+AA argument was about exclusives,and i'll answer your question ;)

My point is don't try and brag about the ps3's AAA's when you can play them on another system.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 CaseyWegner

dude. like it's been said, the 360 launched with better exclusivegames than the ps3 has even throughout its entire life.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the rumble that will make fanboys humble. Today we have two sure fire world champions squaring off in a battle of the ages. Only one contender can win (in the eyes of a fanboy) and tonight we will be treated to the greatest poliginal fight EVER!!!!!!

In the white trunks is the bad mamma jamma, if you own him you love him, if your a fanboy you hate him. Don't put him in a warm place or he might take a trip to Texas..... it's the XBOX 360!!!!!!!!!!

It is up to you (fanboys) to throw the punches. (one liners and jokes) Just leave your best shot in written form, and only things that are true will count

DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.s. Stay above the belt!

itsallgood29
Well at least you tried to make it cute, but I still have to say..........Yea another one of about 30 (per day) PS3 vs 360 thread. The PS3 wins. You want to know why? Because I am getting one within the next year, thats why. My opinion is the only one that matters to me and I could care less about the other 2 system. ThePS3 has my purchase, so therefore it has won in my book. Nuff said. But this thread still FAILs. We have 15-30 of these post a day. Hard to think of this one as anything different.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]Let me see...Oblivion IV and R6:Vegas, mmm...Oh yeah they're on Xbox also...XD:lol:CaseyWegner

So the games are not AAA because you can play them on another console apart from the 360? Who decided on this one?
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

[QUOTE="neo786"]and incase alot of people havent realised the reason 360 has more exclusives then the ps3 right now thats only because when 360 came out it had no next gen competition for a year ;)Dualshockin

Nope don't need the Wii to hide just pointing out facts, as all of us here know Wii beats the PS3 in some aspects(Not Technical cuz PS3 has MUCH more power than Wii), but don't worry some time in the future the PS3 might just beat it's rival:)..*sighs*

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="papa_smurf_23"]And how many of those are exclusives?papa_smurf_23

My point is don't try and brag about the ps3's AAA's when you can play them on another system.

But you still haven't showed me where the AAA argument was about exclusives :) ?
neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 neo786

[QUOTE="neo786"]and incase alot of people havent realised the reason 360 has more exclusives then the ps3 right now thats only because when 360 came out it had no next gen competition for a year ;)CaseyWegner

dude. like it's been said, the 360 launched with better exclusivegames than the ps3 has even throughout its entire life.

so perfect dark zero is better then Ninja Gaiden sigma?

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]Let me see...Oblivion IV and R6:Vegas, mmm...Oh yeah they're on Xbox also...XD:lol:Dualshockin

So the games are not AAA because you can play them on another console apart from the 360? Who decided on this one?

No one ever said R6:Vegas and Oblivion are not AAA titles because one plays them on PS3 it's just that they're not EXCLUSIVES...That's the point here...Not exclusives..

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

[QUOTE="neo786"]and incase alot of people havent realised the reason 360 has more exclusives then the ps3 right now thats only because when 360 came out it had no next gen competition for a year ;)DeadMan1290

Nope don't need the Wii to hide just pointing out facts, as all of us here know Wii beats the PS3 in some aspects(Not Technical cuz PS3 has MUCH more power than Wii), but don't worry some time in the future the PS3 might just beat it's rival:)..*sighs*

"Xbox 360 Vs PS3 ROUND 1" You must have missed the title then,seeing as how it has nothing to do with Nintendo's console?