Xbox 360 sales vs PS3 sales

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Manly-manly-man
Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Manly-manly-man
Member since 2006 • 3477 Posts
I know the PS3 has been selling more lately, but how much have they been outselling the 360 by each month? At the current rate, how long will it take for the PS3 to catch up with the Xbox 360? I mean, there IS a 6-7million console deficit. Also, as far as games go, which console is selling more?
charley_mcd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 charley_mcd
Member since 2006 • 710 Posts
dunno, you'll probablly get a wall of text explaining it to you within 5 minutes.
roadkill88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 roadkill88
Member since 2005 • 2313 Posts

I know the PS3 has been selling more lately, but how much have they been outselling the 360 by each month? At the current rate, how long will it take for the PS3 to catch up with the Xbox 360? I mean, there IS a 6-7million console deficit. Also, as far as games go, which console is selling more? Manly-manly-man

It would probably take a long time. But, the following will make the current lead it has Monthly look like peanuts:

- MGS4

- GTP Boxset

- LBP

- Killzone 2

- PS2 users upgrading

- Blu-Ray gaining ground as sole leader

- Home

- Motorstorm 2

- Resistance 2

- Tekken 6

- GT5

- Final Fantasy

Thus, it will catch up quickly, then excel quickly.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

People tend to forget about the bumpage of holiday sales from normal months of sales. They take a weekly difference and then try and apply that over every month and come up with this " it will take X amount of years " based on just a slice of sales. They tend to foget that a system can sell over twice as much in November and around 4 times as much in December over other months thoughout the year. More difference can be made up there if trends continue that they never bother to consider.

Are those guys going to take the difference in worldwide December sales that the PS3 outsells the 360 this year and then apply it over the rest of the generation for every month of the year ? I would imagine that the PS3 would catch the 360 in the blink of an eye no ?

admir1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 admir1983
Member since 2003 • 254 Posts

I know the PS3 has been selling more lately, but how much have they been outselling the 360 by each month? At the current rate, how long will it take for the PS3 to catch up with the Xbox 360? I mean, there IS a 6-7million console deficit. Also, as far as games go, which console is selling more? Manly-manly-man

why do u care, its not like you get any money in your pocket on any sony,Nin, or MS console sold.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

As time goes on, the PS3 will slowly but surely cut deeply into the 360's lead. Factors such as developers getting more and more comfortable with the PS3, better first party support and BluRay will all have a huge effect on the PS3 gaining ground on the 360. It may take several years though for Sony to fully catch up.

Sony's biggest mistake in this whole thing was their overconfidense in the Playstation brand name. At $599, the PS3 was simply too steep for everyone to just go out and get one. You had the whole BluRay Vs. HD DVD war going on and then when you take a look at the PS3's meager launch line up. Take away Motorstorm and RFoM and there wasnt really anything there to draw in gamers. Now that BluRay has won out over HD DVD and when you compare the two consoles and look at what games are coming out in the next 12-18 month as far as exclusives go, Id say it is quite easy to see the PS3 is going to really start dominating in sales over the 360.

I own both consoles and they are good in their own rights. However, I am starting to see the XBOX 360 as a piece of technology is already starting to hit the wall. It has no HD movies capacity outside of pricey downloads that still dont net you true HD. The fact that MS cant come up with a 360 SKU that INCLUDES WiFi and FREE XBL is baffling to me. PSN is everybit the online service that XBL is and in fact Imo is better in terms of connectivity and with HOME on the horizon is going to get even better!!! Simply put, consumers are going to really start seeing the benefits of the PS3 over the XBOX 360 especially for the $399 40 GB model!!

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
PS3 sold around 700k more this year(only 2 months)
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
PS3 is currently around 11.5 - 12 Mill and the 360 is around 18 Million
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

The PS3 will catch up on a global level pretty soon. But I have to bring up software sales to say why this doesn't matter as much as it should. If the PS3 was like the Wii or 360, it catching up would have a major affect in terms of videogames. For one reason or another, games aren't moving outside of "Europe/Others".

In the US (according to NPD data), PS3 games aren't selling like Wii and 360 games. Not currently, not when the 360 and Wii were the same age as the PS3 is now, and not when the 360 and Wii had the same amount of systems sold as the PS3 does now. In any way you tryto compare, there is a massive difference.

In Japan (according to vgchartz, say what you will), the PS3 has one game in the Top 30. That game is a sequel to a japan only Classic Sony Franchise. There are only so many classic Sony franchises that are out there (MGS, GT, DMC, etc). The fanbase while larger than the 360's isn't supporting games too much.

In Europe/Others (according to vgchartz) The 360 and PS3 have the same number of charting games with the 360 games being slightly higher ranked. Europe/Others is the only place where its undeniable that PS3 owners are buying games for the system and it shows up in sales charts.

Without software sales, more PS3 hardware is only good for Blu-Ray movie sales in Japan and the US. Sony eats either way though. It'll be interesting to see what happens when you can get a Blu-Ray player for cheap. Although Sony said in an afterdawn.com article that we won't be seeing stand-alone players for $200 anytime soon (as in at least a year). They've got chinese companies ready to do it but they aren't licensing them. I think part of it is the gap between PS3 hard and software sales. With cheap standalone blu-ray players you might see PS3 hardware sales take a pretty big hit in US and Japan.

Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Manly-manly-man

The PS3 will catch up on a global level pretty soon. But I have to bring up software sales to say why this doesn't matter as much as it should. If the PS3 was like the Wii or 360, it catching up would have a major affect in terms of videogames. For one reason or another, games aren't moving outside of "Europe/Others".

In the US (according to NPD data), PS3 games aren't selling like Wii and 360 games. Not currently, not when the 360 and Wii were the same age as the PS3 is now, and not when the 360 and Wii had the same amount of systems sold as the PS3 does now. In any way you tryto compare, there is a massive difference.

In Japan (according to vgchartz, say what you will), the PS3 has one game in the Top 30. That game is a sequel to a japan only Classic Sony Franchise. There are only so many classic Sony franchises that are out there (MGS, GT, DMC, etc). The fanbase while larger than the 360's isn't supporting games too much.

In Europe/Others (according to vgchartz) The 360 and PS3 have the same number of charting games with the 360 games being slightly higher ranked. Europe/Others is the only place where its undeniable that PS3 owners are buying games for the system and it shows up in sales charts.

Without software sales, more PS3 hardware is only good for Blu-Ray movie sales in Japan and the US. Sony eats either way though. It'll be interesting to see what happens when you can get a Blu-Ray player for cheap. Although Sony said in an afterdawn.com article that we won't be seeing stand-alone players for $200 anytime soon (as in at least a year). They've got chinese companies ready to do it but they aren't licensing them. I think part of it is the gap between PS3 hard and software sales. With cheap standalone blu-ray players you might see PS3 hardware sales take a pretty big hit in US and Japan.

Senor_Kami

Hm, less software, more hardware. I'm assuming this means a lot of people buy it for blu-ray. Which is not degrading to the success of Sony at all.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
LOL console sales follow the theory of relativity. it all depends on what locations you are comparing it to and between what dates. The ps3 has sold more over the last two months, however it is still vastly behind in overall sales compared to 360. Chances are once a few of the 360 heavy hitters release, the console will sail yet again.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

PS3 is currently around 11.5 - 12 Mill and the 360 is around 18 MillionEVOLV3

This is something that needs to considered about these numbers. The PS3 has only been on the market a full year worlwide while the 360 is on it's way to being on the market for three years. With this the 360 sales should be somewhere around 30 million in hardware sales to continue to be competitive in the market. The numbers are just not there to prove the 360 as being very competitive very long without a major update and possibly a lot of free offerings, I don't see anything from M$ being free though.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
I think quit a bit.
Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Manly-manly-man

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]PS3 is currently around 11.5 - 12 Mill and the 360 is around 18 Millionjimm895

This is something that needs to considered about these numbers. The PS3 has only been on the market a full year worlwide while the 360 is on it's way to being on the market for three years. With this the 360 sales should be somewhere around 30 million in hardware sales to continue to be competitive in the market. The numbers are just not there to prove the 360 as being very competitive very long without a major update and possibly a lot of free offerings, I don't see anything from M$ being free though.

Who says consoles have to sell 10million units a year? Consoles don't sell at the same rate forever.

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
In january and February I think PS3 outsold 360 by around 30k each month. In America though. The gap is a little bigger worldwide
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]PS3 is currently around 11.5 - 12 Mill and the 360 is around 18 Millionjimm895

Another thing to take into consideration is the fact that of those numbers only 500k are from Japan. You can't really compare the 360 to past console's(atleast within the last two gens), Simply because Japan refuses to adopt the system. I won't get into that argument but it's had a lasting effect on the ww sales of the 360. I think M$ is doing pretty damn good considering the fact that 1. They've left the US price unscathed for 2 full years.. and B: They ain't selling **** in Japan.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

i dont ps3 will outsell 360 before the end of 2009

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
LOL console sales follow the theory of relativity. it all depends on what locations you are comparing it to and between what dates. The ps3 has sold more over the last two months, however it is still vastly behind in overall sales compared to 360. Chances are once a few of the 360 heavy hitters release, the console will sail yet again.Phazevariance
What heavy hitters? If you honestly think that the likes of Too Human, Halo Wars, Splinter Cell Conviction, Banjo Threeie and maybe Fable 2 can go head to head against the likes of MGS 4, HAZE, LBP, GT 5 Prologue, Infamous, SOCOM Confrontation, Motorstorm 2 and Killzone 2, you are insane!!! The only saving grace the 360 has in 2008 is Gears 2!!
Killer_Wuggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Killer_Wuggles
Member since 2007 • 628 Posts
Whatever the case may be, none of the consoles can scratch the Wii's dominance in sales. But yeah, I think 2008 will give Sony an edge over M$.
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"]LOL console sales follow the theory of relativity. it all depends on what locations you are comparing it to and between what dates. The ps3 has sold more over the last two months, however it is still vastly behind in overall sales compared to 360. Chances are once a few of the 360 heavy hitters release, the console will sail yet again.kungfuchaos
What heavy hitters? If you honestly think that the likes of Too Human, Halo Wars, Splinter Cell Conviction, Banjo Threeie and maybe Fable 2 can go head to head against the likes of MGS 4, HAZE, LBP, GT 5 Prologue, Infamous, SOCOM Confrontation, Motorstorm 2 and Killzone 2, you are insane!!! The only saving grace the 360 has in 2008 is Gears 2!!

lol wut? those game arent anything special and also arent system sellers....id take SC Conviction, NG2, fable 2, Alan Wake, Too Human over that list

Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Well PS3 outsold 360 world wide last year. Now it's selling more per month in North America too. And this is even before the waves of huge exclusives coming this year. PS3 will probably be about equal to 360 in sales by the end of the year at around 22mil is my guess.
Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
price drop in europe?
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"][QUOTE="Phazevariance"]LOL console sales follow the theory of relativity. it all depends on what locations you are comparing it to and between what dates. The ps3 has sold more over the last two months, however it is still vastly behind in overall sales compared to 360. Chances are once a few of the 360 heavy hitters release, the console will sail yet again.mingo123

lol wut? those game arent anything special and also arent system sellers....id take SC Conviction, NG2, fable 2, Alan Wake, Too Human over that list

Opinions. Everyone has one. Not all are worth sharing.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

Why do people say current rate as if console sales are predictable? I am betting PS3 will top out at 400k units in the month of June in the USA.

fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fierro316
Member since 2003 • 1727 Posts

Something similar was said last year then the gaming world was shocked when both Sont and MS reported their sale figures with Sony leading 2007 WW sales by 1.5 million units.

xsalvioutlawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xsalvioutlawx
Member since 2007 • 423 Posts

I don't think Microsoft CARES whether PS3 & WII outsell the 360. The fact that it's almost sold 20 Million worldwide is already an achievement.

You're talking about an American Console selling 20 million (Soon to be 20Mill), knowing that it wont sell like the PS3 and WII in countries like Japan,China, etc....

The PS3 Should be able to outsell the 360 in other countries easily, but that doesn't mean the XBOX is going to be out of the competition.

It's like Chevy VS Toyota, You bring out the Camaro, of course it's going to sell in the US, You bring out the Supra, It's going to sell insanely over the Camaro in China ETC.

Avatar image for deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
deactivated-619c4c1a1a382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
Member since 2005 • 4956 Posts

dunno, you'll probablly get a wall of text explaining it to you within 5 minutes.charley_mcd

Lol thats system wars for you

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
[QUOTE="Phazevariance"]LOL console sales follow the theory of relativity. it all depends on what locations you are comparing it to and between what dates. The ps3 has sold more over the last two months, however it is still vastly behind in overall sales compared to 360. Chances are once a few of the 360 heavy hitters release, the console will sail yet again.kungfuchaos

We have no idea how well they will do, so there is no use arguing back and forth about it. We just have to wait and see. But if you think the 360's lineup will do absolutely nothing then you are fool.
Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

At this rate the ps3 is outselling the 360 by about a million every 4 or 5 months, and this rate is before any of the really good games come out and not in the holiday season, so it could go up but it if it stays at this rate it should pass it in 2009 or 2010.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"][QUOTE="Phazevariance"]LOL console sales follow the theory of relativity. it all depends on what locations you are comparing it to and between what dates. The ps3 has sold more over the last two months, however it is still vastly behind in overall sales compared to 360. Chances are once a few of the 360 heavy hitters release, the console will sail yet again.mingo123

Socom 1 is still a very populated on-line game even after the amount time it's been out, so I could see Socom Confrontation being a big system seller without really trying. I never hear about any XBOX on-line games (if any ever were) being played on-line on any boards.

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

If the 360 gets a price cut this May I think 360 is outselling the PS3 in North America for sure.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="Manly-manly-man"]I know the PS3 has been selling more lately, but how much have they been outselling the 360 by each month? At the current rate, how long will it take for the PS3 to catch up with the Xbox 360? I mean, there IS a 6-7million console deficit. Also, as far as games go, which console is selling more? Jacobistheman

At this rate the ps3 is outselling the 360 by about a million every 4 or 5 months, and this rate is before any of the really good games come out and not in the holiday season, so it could go up but it if it stays at this rate it should pass it in 2009 or 2010.

so it's selling 200k-250k more a month? how? :?

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts
[QUOTE="Jacobistheman"]

[QUOTE="Manly-manly-man"]I know the PS3 has been selling more lately, but how much have they been outselling the 360 by each month? At the current rate, how long will it take for the PS3 to catch up with the Xbox 360? I mean, there IS a 6-7million console deficit. Also, as far as games go, which console is selling more? CaseyWegner

so it's selling 200k-250k more a month? how? :?

it is outselling it by about 40 or 60k a week (Thats from VGchartz so i know it isn't real reliable.) And around 200k+ a month for other sorces i have seen.

well japan acconts for about 25k more sales, and in europe the ps3 is still outselling the 360 by 30k even after the price drop, and in North america the 360 has only out sold the ps3 in the 10k range

Avatar image for icedfacekilla57
icedfacekilla57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 icedfacekilla57
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts

The ps3's sales are boosting mainly because of the price drops and the amount of people that already own a 360 are most likely getting one as well. Though the ps3 has to up its variety of exclusive games in order for it to catch up with the 360, sure the online is there, but theres no communication or really a good community based game until home. More so, the 360 will always have a tight grip on it's consumer for arcade games, downloadable goodies, as well as its variety of good games.

I own both systems, but ive had the 360 longer and i prefer it over the ps3 for achievements and the online system, as well as good exclusives. I mean, if i buy something such as a game, my priority is the 360 because of my friends having them as well.

f_e_a_Me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 f_e_a_Me
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
yo have u also forgot that 360 was out a year before ps3 was so naturaly it would have over all salls pluse with the 360 with out warranties some would just buy a new 360 if it broke.
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

[QUOTE="Manly-manly-man"]I know the PS3 has been selling more lately, but how much have they been outselling the 360 by each month? At the current rate, how long will it take for the PS3 to catch up with the Xbox 360? I mean, there IS a 6-7million console deficit. Also, as far as games go, which console is selling more? roadkill88

It would probably take a long time. But, the following will make the current lead it has Monthly look like peanuts:

- MGS4

- GTP Boxset

- LBP

- Killzone 2

- PS2 users upgrading

- Home

- Motorstorm 2

- Resistance 2

- Tekken 6

- GT5

- Final Fantasy

How does a list of games mostly relaesed already, one of which is multipaltform make the ps3 sales seem better?

At the current rate ps3 will never catch up to the 360, if ps3 numbers double and xbox360 sales remain the same, it'd take them more than 10 years to catch up.

Grady420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Grady420
Member since 2008 • 430 Posts
[QUOTE="themyth01"][QUOTE="roadkill88"]

- MGS4

- GTP Boxset

- LBP

- Killzone 2

- PS2 users upgrading

- Home

- Motorstorm 2

- Resistance 2

- Tekken 6

- GT5

- Final Fantasy

How does a list of games mostly relaesed already, one of which is multipaltform make the ps3 sales seem better?

At the current rate ps3 will never catch up to the 360, if ps3 numbers double and xbox360 sales remain the same, it'd take them more than 10 years to catch up.

Someone bumped a meaningless thread.
Mr_Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 Mr_Alexander
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts
I don't care about sales, Quality > Sale numbers
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 themyth01

[QUOTE="themyth01"][QUOTE="roadkill88"]
Grady420

This thread was on the main page when I replied...

Grady420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Grady420

[QUOTE="Grady420"][QUOTE="themyth01"][QUOTE="roadkill88"]
themyth01

No I was just answering your question about the games he listed, they were not out at the time he posted. This thread is old and yet some of those games are still not out, insane.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts
How ironic, those who were so above sales are now discussing them. *Shake head, goes back to doing whatever I was doing*
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 themyth01
[QUOTE="themyth01"]

[QUOTE="Grady420"] Someone bumped a meaningless thread.Grady420

No I was just answering your question about the games he listed, they were not out at the time he posted. Someone bumped the thread.

Oh ok. That brings an interesting point though, he listed those games thinking their release would increase ps3 sales significantly yet here we are after those releases, so if history is any indication, don't count on just games to drive console sales.

Grady420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Grady420
[QUOTE="Grady420"][QUOTE="themyth01"]

themyth01

No I was just answering your question about the games he listed, they were not out at the time he posted. Someone bumped the thread.

Oh ok. That brings an interesting point though, he listed those games thinking their release would increase ps3 sales significantly yet here we are after those releases, so if history is any indication, don't count on just games to drive console sales.

A more interesting point is that this thread is really old and almost half the games he mentioned are still not even out yet...
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WutTimeIsIt
Member since 2008 • 785 Posts
isnt it obvious that ps3 sales will soon take over 360. i mean, look at all the Great Exclusives coming out for the ps3, not to mention it is a media center with a blu ray player for all the new purchasers of high definition TV's. The ps3 simply cannot rest in sales any longer because for gamers, the games are coming steady, and for non-gamers, they are attracted to its beauty and ability to play movies. The ps3 sales will climb and soon everyone will realize that microsoft made a big mistake in their choice of hardware. All the latest gen consoles have some sort of motion detection in their controllers, and microsofts outdated hardware will fail miserably. They cannot go any lower then 200 dollars at this point because it will do nothing but hurt their own egos and reputations by showing us that the 360 is inferior to the ps3. There is no denying it, the ps3 will rule the market, and share it with the wii, but not the 360.
lolwotrickroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lolwotrickroll
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
sales are make more bestest threads because sales am is important the most betterest
Grady420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Grady420
sales are make more bestest threads because sales am is important the most betterestlolwotrickroll
Sales mean a lot to developers.
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 themyth01

isnt it obvious that ps3 sales will soon take over 360. i mean, look at all the Great Exclusives coming out for the ps3, not to mention it is a media center with a blu ray player for all the new purchasers of high definition TV's. The ps3 simply cannot rest in sales any longer because for gamers, the games are coming steady, and for non-gamers, they are attracted to its beauty and ability to play movies. The ps3 sales will climb and soon everyone will realize that microsoft made a big mistake in their choice of hardware. All the latest gen consoles have some sort of motion detection in their controllers, and microsofts outdated hardware will fail miserably. They cannot go any lower then 200 dollars at this point because it will do nothing but hurt their own egos and reputations by showing us that the 360 is inferior to the ps3. There is no denying it, the ps3 will rule the market, and share it with the wii, but not the 360.WutTimeIsIt

lol are you serious? but you might be right I mean more wierd things have happened.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#48 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

isnt it obvious that ps3 sales will soon take over 360. i mean, look at all the Great Exclusives coming out for the ps3, not to mention it is a media center with a blu ray player for all the new purchasers of high definition TV's. The ps3 simply cannot rest in sales any longer because for gamers, the games are coming steady, and for non-gamers, they are attracted to its beauty and ability to play movies. The ps3 sales will climb and soon everyone will realize that microsoft made a big mistake in their choice of hardware. All the latest gen consoles have some sort of motion detection in their controllers, and microsofts outdated hardware will fail miserably. They cannot go any lower then 200 dollars at this point because it will do nothing but hurt their own egos and reputations by showing us that the 360 is inferior to the ps3. There is no denying it, the ps3 will rule the market, and share it with the wii, but not the 360.WutTimeIsIt
360 is not outdate hardware and 360 not a failure and 360 still going to sale and have great games coming out

plus you can find blu ray players cheaper than ps3 and 360 games look good on hd/tv

theMarshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 theMarshell
Member since 2008 • 602 Posts
If your not the biggest fanboy's in the world I don't know who is. You are honestly a sad man be for real man. How is the 360 inferior when no game on the PS3 has blow it out of the water or visc versa. Let me ask you this how is it that beating the 360 going too make the PS3 the winner this gen? Remember the little white box called the WII the PS3 and the 360 is being beatin like ragdolls. For the rapid fanboys out there who say " The 360 had a year head start" So did the ps2 but no one is remembering that now are we. But if you don't want too use that excuse how about the fact that the Wii and the PS3 were released about the same time and the WII is almost double the lead so whats your excuse now. You guys need to cut this fanboy stuff out and just enjoy the games.
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts

[QUOTE="Manly-manly-man"]I know the PS3 has been selling more lately, but how much have they been outselling the 360 by each month? At the current rate, how long will it take for the PS3 to catch up with the Xbox 360? I mean, there IS a 6-7million console deficit. Also, as far as games go, which console is selling more? roadkill88

- MGS4

- GTP Boxset

- LBP

- Killzone 2

- PS2 users upgrading

- Home

- Motorstorm 2

- Resistance 2

- Tekken 6

- GT5

- Final Fantasy

online browser, free online, wifi