XBLA Vs. VC Vs. PSN

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kolkov01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kolkov01
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts

What's system wars opinion on these 3 services?

How would you rank them according to games

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

1. XBLA

2. VC

3. PSN

While PSN has some fun games (PAIN for instance), it hasn't surpassed XBLA or VC for overall quality games.

BiggGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BiggGaming
Member since 2009 • 345 Posts

1. XBLA

2. VC

3. PSN

While PSN has some fun games (PAIN for instance), it hasn't surpassed XBLA or VC for overall quality games.

Andrew_Xavier

Anything to do with consoles being online is best on XBOX LIVE.

scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 scarface_dm
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

If Nintendo would just release more and better games from NES, SNES, N64, GAMECUBE, DSi they would completely dominate, yet they continue to make money so they dont care :x

kolkov01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kolkov01
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts

If Nintendo would just release more and better games from NES, SNES, N64, GAMECUBE, DSithey would completely dominate, yet they continue to make money so they dont care :x

scarface_dm
I never used the VC, what's wrong with their selection?
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

well the VC is really ONLY retro games isnt it? id say from what i've seen at friends' houses, the VC on Wii is the best. However, you can download DEMOS and FULL games on XBL. and multiplayer is much easier on the 360 also. PSN is ok for games, and it does have demos (why nintendo doesnt i dont know), it also has agood selection of PS1 games, but PS1 isnt that old, so you can find games in disc form on ps1 for the same price as what they charge on the psn.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Xbox live arcade.
dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts

XBLA + The Games room

eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 eveileb-ekam
Member since 2009 • 1578 Posts

well the VC is really ONLY retro games isnt it? id say from what i've seen at friends' houses, the VC on Wii is the best. However, you can download DEMOS and FULL games on XBL. and multiplayer is much easier on the 360 also. PSN is ok for games, and it does have demos (why nintendo doesnt i dont know), it also has agood selection of PS1 games, but PS1 isnt that old, so you can find games in disc form on ps1 for the same price as what they charge on the psn.

Talldude80
The Wii does not have the internal space necessary to play demos. If we talk strictly games, then I would rank the VC first purely because the selection of quality titles is so broad. It is host to some of the best games ever made, after all. And dont forget WiiWare, that has some excellent games too. If we talk about other features, then both PSN and XBL outweigh it. Nintendo should really offer some more features. You can remote play DS demos, but not VC games, for instance. I couldnt rank PSN and XBL because I have only experienced PSN, and that would not be fair.
dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts

[QUOTE="Talldude80"]

eveileb-ekam

The Wii does not have the internal space necessary to play demos. If we talk strictly games, then I would rank the VC first purely because the selection of quality titles is so broad. It is host to some of the best games ever made, after all. And dont forget WiiWare, that has some excellent games too. If we talk about other features, then both PSN and XBL outweigh it. Nintendo should really offer some more features. You can remote play DS demos, but not VC games, for instance. I couldnt rank PSN and XBL because I have only experienced PSN, and that would not be fair.

if the wii has the space to dl and play the game then surely it has the space to dl the demo. like XBLA when you dl the demo version its really the full version that just unlocks when you buy it. if you dont like it you delete it

eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 eveileb-ekam
Member since 2009 • 1578 Posts

[QUOTE="eveileb-ekam"][QUOTE="Talldude80"]

dog_dirt

if the wii has the space to dl and play the game then surely it has the space to dl the demo. like XBLA when you dl the demo version its really the full version that just unlocks when you buy it. if you dont like it you delete it

Ah right, sorry, I was thinking of retail demos. Of course, VC and WiiWare demos would be superb, and its ridiculous Nintendo hasnt utilised them fully. There are, however, a few demos on there right now.
G-O-M-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 G-O-M-J
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
Geometry wars 2 > all and its only available on xbla
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Well since the thread is specifically which has the best retro games, PSN Store for me. The PS1 Classics collection is just utter win.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17429 Posts
1) XBL (easily) 2) Virtual Console 3) PSN
arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

1. XBLA

2. VC

3. PSN

BiggGaming

I'm not a fan of Live. $50 a year means nothing to me, but Live just doesn't offer anything that is that outstanding in my opinion.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

[QUOTE="BiggGaming"]

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

1. XBLA

2. VC

3. PSN

arto1223

I'm not a fan of Live. $50 a year means nothing to me, but Live just doesn't offer anything that is that outstanding in my opinion.

Thread is about retro game selection, it's free to access XBLA.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

xbox has lots better arcade coin ups than VC. but VC has so many good oldschool games. however the online on the xbox games is a huge plus.

PSN i suppose i just half of what live is..well except for ps1 classics which has many games.