X360 -vs- PS3....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jared781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jared781
Member since 2011 • 54 Posts

which one and why??

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

PS3:

• It has epic exclusives
  • Free online
  • Blu-Ray
  • No disk changing
  • higher quality games

etc

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

PS3:

• It has epic exclusivesOpinion
  • Free online
  • Blu-Ray
  • No disk changing Opinion
  • higher quality games Opinion

etc

finalstar2007

I can say the exact same about the 360 for 3 of the 5

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

• No disk changing

finalstar2007

You do realize that when you get up to put in a different game in the system you're still changing the disc?

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts
Oh look it's this again, I'll be blunt and say PS3 but it's not light-years better than the 360. as a games console they are both equal, I just prefer the extra's that the ps3 offers
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14423 Posts

360. Ignore Finalstar. He's the same guy who thinks Call of duty destroys every other fps out there. :lol:

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts

Both.

PS3

- Blu-ray

-Free online

-Exclusives

-Sony product

Xbox 360

- Majority of friends own it

- Better online expierience?

-Gears of war 3

-Party Chat

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

which one and why??

Jared781

This is like asking which is better for people out of work, food stamps or extra money.

Both are equally bad, for the best experience get a PC.

o0HAPPY0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 o0HAPPY0o
Member since 2007 • 815 Posts

The only thing that separates these two consoles for me is Xbox Live after that they're pretty much equal.

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

The 360:

Better exclusives. Best exclusives for each genre

Better online

XBLA Games

Better controller

Better quality in most 3rd party titles

PC Ports like Metro 2033, Left 4 Dead, and The Witcher

Older games like Prey, Burnout Revenge, Quake 4, Call of Duty 2, and Need for Speed Most Wanted- Hidden gems nobody talks about pre-PS3 release.

Timed DLC

Better community for the top tier releases like Battlefield and Call of Duty

Peter from Lionhead

Better online security

Cross game and party chat

ESPN 3 -This is a big deal for me

System looks cool. The PS3 slim is ugly

No mandatory installs and daily updates

Again- The 360 exclusives are just better. Their may not be as many but the top 360 exclusives are better than the top PS3 exclusives by a wide margain. The only exception is the Uncharted and Little Big Planet games. The 360 has Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable, PGR, and Alan Wake.Resistance and Killzone could not dethrone Halo. Gears is in a class on its own, Forza has gave GT a beatdown this gen, The PS3 gave up on RPG's, Alan Wake is totally different from anything on the PS3, and PGR is a diomand people always forget in these silly threads. And Splinter Cell Conviction, Metro 2033, Left 4 Dead, and Mass Effect can be played on 360 and not PS3. If I can have 5 or 6 great exclusives or 12 good exclusives I will take the 6 great ones everytime. Then I can spend more money on top 3rd party titles that get forgotten in the exclusive wars. Games like Deus Ex:HR, Dead Island, Mirror's Edge, and Bioshock.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

hard to recommend something with no information.

I'd rate it based on single player vs. multiplayer tastes.

if you prefer multiplayer, I'd go with the one that your friends are playing.

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WarTornRuston

[QUOTE="Jared781"]

which one and why??

tenaka2

This is like asking which is better for people out of work, food stamps or extra money.

Look- A hermit trying to derail a console thread. Never seen this before! Hey hermit- Played Uncharted, infamous, Gears 3, Halo Reach, Forza 4, or Little Big Planet lately? How about Batman AC? Oh, you have to wait for it. Im sorry puddin........
LeonSykes10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LeonSykes10
Member since 2011 • 459 Posts

Who would have thought that after 5 years of this gen we're still debating the same topic over and over again. I wonder if this will still continue next gen.

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="Jared781"]

which one and why??

WarTornRuston

Look- A hermit trying to derail a console thread. Never seen this before! Hey hermit- Played Uncharted, infamous, Gears 3, Halo Reach, Forza 4, or Little Big Planet lately? How about Batman AC? Oh, you have to wait for it. Im sorry puddin........

Your doing the exact same thing... And I could say the same thing about PC exlusives

LeonSykes10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LeonSykes10
Member since 2011 • 459 Posts
[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="Jared781"]

which one and why??

WarTornRuston

Uh.. Batman AC just got released for the pc... lol
Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

The general consensus is that it doesn't matter a whole lot. The question is, are you more willing to pay each month for online play with the 360? Or deal with with the poorer multiplat ports to the PS3?

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WarTornRuston

[QUOTE="WarTornRuston"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Cloud567kar

Your doing the exact same thing... And I could say the same thing about PC exlusives

But I am not doing it in an obvious hermit thread am I? But that is what you guys do every day isn't it. You all get a hissy fit when we talk about exclusives like Bayonetta and God of War so you all throw a game into the conversation. If it is a Halo VS Killzone thread you will throw out keyboard and mouse!!!!! Nobody cares. The sooner you guys realize most people here like to talk consoles and considers a PC a different thing the easier it will be for you to try and be proud of yourself.
WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WarTornRuston

Batman was released on PC? Shows how much devs, media, stores, and gamers care. It did not even have an announcement or build up. It just shows up....ready to be installed then patched.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#20 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

[QUOTE="Jared781"]

which one and why??

tenaka2

Don't cloud people's minds with that crap :D The PC has just as many cons as anything else.

Seriously, both 360 and PS3 are good systems both with their own benfits. I prefer 360 because of XBL, my friends all play XBOX, the controller is a better fit for my hands, and I really like Halo and Gears of War as exclusives.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

which one and why??

Jared781
First 3 to 4 years---> Xbox >> PS3. Way more appealing price , equal or even better multis because of PS3s architecture. BD didnt won the war at the time which brought PS3 is an even worse position , X360 has the momentum with better exclusives , X360 outselling PS3 with the results of previous PS exclusives/times exclusives lost ( tekken, gta,dmc,ff etc ) , better deals and marketing . The last 2 to 3 years. Ps3 >>> X360. Price is affordable. BD won the HD war which make PS3 has more value than its release as BD player , developers started working more serious with the system and overcome the release difficulties of PS3s architectures , great exclusives like infamous , UC series , gow3 , lbp etc , some multis starting get momentum on PS3 instead , great deals here and there , free internet with many upgrades as trophies etc , full support of the system when rivals dying ( wii ) or cant keep up anymore ( X360 ). The conclusion is that even PS3 this gen considered a fail ( we can discuss it if you want but you get what i mean i bet ) with billion of loses to Sony as we speak , exclusives loses , net hacks , tsunami is japan which affected all big japanese companies ( aka more loses ) and 100 more reasons went wrong... PS3 is the lead and more appealing system to buy out of the 3. period. Amazing games and support even after so hard and rough generation for Sony and STILL give so much support to a "fail" system ( profit wise ) like PS3 which makes me respect Sony like no other gaming company , ever. So , Ps3 all day.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
whichever one has the most games that you personally want to play:)
RabbidsRampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RabbidsRampage
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
PS3 ! Big reason for me is FREE ONLINE ! Also, on my Facebook page it posts my trophies which i like. I also like making the online page my own by either a theme or just a wallpaper. The controller is annoying but easy solved issues with buying a 360 type controller for the ps3 from a 3rd party maker. Uncharted for me is it and the bus stops there. The 360 is also good just has pay to play which i avoid. Doesn't cost a lot to pay for Xbox Live but still ps3 has my favorite game this gen to play. It doesn't cost me any extra to play it online so money can go towards Netflix. Its really just where your comfort is with a system. There pretty much equal so in me saying PS3 ! it don't mean its better just what I prefer.
DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

The 360:

Better online

XBLA Games

Better controller

Older games like Prey, Burnout Revenge, Quake 4, Call of Duty 2, and Need for Speed Most Wanted- Hidden gems nobody talks about pre-PS3 release.

Timed DLC

Peter from Lionhead

Better online security

Again- The 360 exclusives are just better. Their may not be as many but the top 360 exclusives are better than the top PS3 exclusives by a wide margain. The only exception is the Uncharted and Little Big Planet games. The 360 has Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable, PGR, and Alan Wake.Resistance and Killzone could not dethrone Halo. Gears is in a class on its own, Forza has gave GT a beatdown this gen, The PS3 gave up on RPG's, Alan Wake is totally different from anything on the PS3, and PGR is a diomand people always forget in these silly threads. And Splinter Cell Conviction, Metro 2033, Left 4 Dead, and Mass Effect can be played on 360 and not PS3. If I can have 5 or 6 great exclusives or 12 good exclusives I will take the 6 great ones everytime. Then I can spend more money on top 3rd party titles that get forgotten in the exclusive wars. Games like Deus Ex:HR, Dead Island, Mirror's Edge, and Bioshock.

WarTornRuston

Funny guy, that's all your personal opinion.Not a single fact.

And here is mine, the only worse thing than Halo is Cod. Both crappy games !! Ohh and wait, the system looks cool, you serious kid ?!? And how is the on-line better, oh yeah becasue it's paid and blah blah.It's better for you because you are american and x-box is the preffered console in America. I feel kind of sorry for you guys, 200 hundred year old country and you already forget about the rest of the world !!! So sad, don't they teach you anymore in school ?

PS

Tried 360 and i didn't like it! So i decided to get rid of it and remain on the ps3 only.

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

As much as I love my PS3, I play my 360 a lot more because of

1. Bigger online community
2. Better qulity multiplats (usually, not always)
3. More of my friends have it
4. Party chat
5. Gears/Halo; love both franchises

Although I love Uncharted as well, and will be playing it once finals finish up.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#26 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

PS3:

- bluray player

- free online

- exclusives (if you like action adventure games, hack and slash games and singleplayer experiences)

360:

- bigger library (of retail and downloadable games)

- Saffest option when it comes to multiplats

- exclusives (if you like racing games, shooters and mp/coop experiences)

Both:

- Graphics (both are equal)

- Controller (it´s a matter of preference)

DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

[QUOTE="WarTornRuston"]

The 360:

Better online

XBLA Games

Better controller

Timed DLC

Peter from Lionhead

Better online security

DISSESHOWEDO

And here is mine, the only worse thing than Halo is Cod. Both crappy games !! Ohh and wait, the system looks cool, you serious kid ?!? And how is the on-line better, oh yeah becasue it's paid and blah blah.It's better for you because you are american and x-box is the preffered console in America. I feel kind of sorry for you guys, 200 hundred year old country and you already forget about the rest of the world !!! So sad, don't they teach you anymore in school ?

PS

Tried 360 and i didn't like it! So i decided to get rid of it and remain on the ps3 only.

Why U mad tho?

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

xbox360 looks like a freaking tower for no reason, freaking tall!! I can't see a part of the wall because of it. I hate it i wish I had one just to kick it and break it open to see what the hell is in there that is so huge!

however PS3 takes less space so my mind is at ease.

Plus 360 has an ugly black and green combination and a dumb shape :P BBQ FTW

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

PS3:

- bluray player

- free online

- exclusives (if you like action adventure games, hack and slash games and singleplayer experiences)

360:

- bigger library (of retail and downloadable games)

- Saffest option when it comes to multiplats

- exclusives (if you like racing games, shooters and mp/coop experiences)

Both:

- Graphics (both are equal)

- Controller (it´s a matter of preference)

PAL360
360 is not a safer option anymore for multiplats. They're pretty equal nowadays. And graphics are much better on PS3. U3, U2, U1, KZ3, KZ2 and GOW blows anything out of the water on 360.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts

360 is not a safer option anymore for multiplats. They're pretty equal nowadays. And graphics are much better on PS3. U3, U2, U1, KZ3, KZ2 and GOW blows anything out of the water on 360. themajormayor
GeOW3 says otherwise.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] 360 is not a safer option anymore for multiplats. They're pretty equal nowadays. And graphics are much better on PS3. U3, U2, U1, KZ3, KZ2 and GOW blows anything out of the water on 360. Badosh

GeOW3 says otherwise.

No it doesn't, it doesn't say anything
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#32 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
Member since 2004 • 49606 Posts
No disk changingfinalstar2007
So how do you play different games?
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 themajormayor
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]No disk changingStevo_the_gamer
So how do you play different games?

You get the from the PS store of course! But actually I think he means that one game only needs one disc because of the bluray.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PAL360

[QUOTE="Badosh"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] 360 is not a safer option anymore for multiplats. They're pretty equal nowadays. And graphics are much better on PS3. U3, U2, U1, KZ3, KZ2 and GOW blows anything out of the water on 360. themajormayor

GeOW3 says otherwise.

It actually does: 'Gears of War 3 is one of the most advanced games this generation', words taken from Dygital Foundry.

As for your comment on multiplats, with a few exceptions, they keep performing a bit better on 360. Especially hardware pusher games, like RDR and Skyrim. You dont have to be ashamed, PS3 has some beautiful quick time events!

[spoiler] hahaha just kidding :P [/spoiler]

Skiveron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Skiveron
Member since 2003 • 211 Posts

HAHA someone actually wrote xbox360 has better exclusives...ROFL

Ok, i choose Wii, it has the best graphics!

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Badosh"] GeOW3 says otherwise.

PAL360

It actually does: 'Gears of War 3 is one of the most advanced games this generation', words taken from Dygital Foundry.

As for your comment on multiplats, with a few exceptions, they keep performing a bit better on 360. Especially hardware pusher games, like RDR and Skyrim :P

So according to Digital Foundry Gear 3 is one of the most advanced games even compared to PC games?? Yeah maybe in the top 100... You can hear bulls*** like that about any game if you look at some praising review. Also DF about U3: "And it is - quite clearly - one of the most beautiful video games of its age. Where Uncharted 3 is peerless and unparalleled is in its ability to defy the technological constraints of current-generation platforms" Actually not with a few exceptions. Portal 2, LA Noire, Battlefield 3 are just a few examples and at least BF3 is definitely a hardware pusher.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Badosh
[QUOTE="Skiveron"]

But...the 360 does have better exclusives...
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] No it doesn't, it doesn't say anythingthemajormayor

As for your comment on multiplats, with a few exceptions, they keep performing a bit better on 360. Especially hardware pusher games, like RDR and Skyrim :P

So according to Digital Foundry Gear 3 is one of the most advanced games even compared to PC games?? Yeah maybe in the top 100... You can hear bulls*** like that about any game if you look at some praising review. Also DF about U3: "And it is - quite clearly - one of the most beautiful video games of its age. Where Uncharted 3 is peerless and unparalleled is in its ability to defy the technological constraints of current-generation platforms" Actually not with a few exceptions. Portal 2, LA Noire, Battlefield 3 are just a few examples and at least BF3 is definitely a hardware pusher.

Impressive, isn´t it? :o

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 themajormayor
[QUOTE="Badosh"][QUOTE="Skiveron"]

Only an idiot would say something that stupid. How can they be "better" when they doesn't even exist in the first place?
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Badosh
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Badosh"][QUOTE="Skiveron"]

Only an idiot would say something that stupid. How can they be "better" when they doesn't even exist in the first place?

Yep, the 6 years of exclusives don't count.
o0HAPPY0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 o0HAPPY0o
Member since 2007 • 815 Posts

[QUOTE="WarTornRuston"]

The 360:

Better online

XBLA Games

Better controller

Timed DLC

Peter from Lionhead

Better online security

DISSESHOWEDO

PS

I think it's funny how one persons opinion and preferences can make another person so insecure and angry. I would have got a bigger laugh out of your post if you posted in caps N4G style.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 themajormayor
Well I gotta give it to you that is pretty impressive! Who could've guessed the old 360 could compete with gtx 590 graphics card?
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Badosh"] But...the 360 does have better exclusives...Badosh

Yep, the 6 years of exclusives don't count.

They're irrelevant today. AAA back then would be like sub-A today
Skiveron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Skiveron
Member since 2003 • 211 Posts
[QUOTE="Badosh"][QUOTE="Skiveron"]

Nope, ok lets see we take an average gamer. Do you honestly think he will choose xbox360 : Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Fable over.. PS3: Infamous, God of War, Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, Disgaea, Grand Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm, Last Guardian,rachet and Clank, and not to mention all those japanese games which never come to xbox but always comes to ps3...I was shocked to see Catherine on xbox360 actually... Only two ways I can see someone choose xbox over ps3 is if you like gears or halo, they are great series, so there is nothing wrong with that. But with Halo losing the title of definative online console shooter to call of duty, that reason is less and less. The other main reason, which happened to me, is if most of your friends have xbox360, which is very possible since it was launched early and has a bigger user base and most people can afford one console or choose not to get the 2nd one.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Badosh
They're irrelevant today. AAA back then would be like sub-A todaythemajormayor
Well 360 has the best scoring exclusive of the year. So guess it's pointless to own all the other PS3 exclusives. Amirite?
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PAL360

Well I gotta give it to you that is pretty impressive! Who could've guessed the old 360 could compete with gtx 590 graphics card?themajormayor

That´s why they said: 'one of the'.... Many PC games are obviously above of anything on consoles.

But hey, those are not my words. Go ask Dygital Foundry guys what did they mean with that.

r12qi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 r12qi
Member since 2010 • 1018 Posts

Batman was released on PC? Shows how much devs, media, stores, and gamers care. It did not even have an announcement or build up. It just shows up....ready to be installed then patched.

WarTornRuston

it already annouced from start (and B:AK also have PC released)

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Badosh
Nope, ok lets see we take an average gamer. Do you honestly think he will choose xbox360 : Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Fable over.. PS3: Infamous, God of War, Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, Disgaea, Grand Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm, Last Guardian,rachet and Clank, and not to mention all those japanese games which never come to xbox but always comes to ps3...I was shocked to see Catherine on xbox360 actually... Only two ways I can see someone choose xbox over ps3 is if you like gears or halo, they are great series, so there is nothing wrong with that. But with Halo losing the title of definative online console shooter to call of duty, that reason is less and less. The other main reason, which happened to me, is if most of your friends have xbox360, which is very possible since it was launched early and has a bigger user base and most people can afford one console or choose not to get the 2nd one.Skiveron
The average gamer would rather just play CoD....
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"] They're irrelevant today. AAA back then would be like sub-A todayBadosh
Well 360 has the best scoring exclusive of the year. So guess it's pointless to own all the other PS3 exclusives. Amirite?

It's only one persons opinion. And even then PS3 has twice as many AAA and many more AA.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Well I gotta give it to you that is pretty impressive! Who could've guessed the old 360 could compete with gtx 590 graphics card?PAL360

Hmmm, that´s why it´s one of the...

Many PC games are obviously above of anything on consoles.

It's a very silly statement in any case. No console game can compete with most PC games. Including U3. It looks like **** even compared to Portal 2 on PC. "One of the" can mean anything. Blops is also "one of the". And if you really gonna put any weight on that statement from DF they said that U3 was "unparalleled in its ability to defy the technological constraints of current-generation platforms" yeah that's right, unparalleled. Now personally I still think KZ3 looks better.