X1 will have larger communities for each online game

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Krazymixture
Member since 2010 • 175 Posts
Since you can share games with 10 family members more people will try out new games just because there family friends have them. You can also share the same game with one person on the list at the same time. So if your friend doesn't want to buy say Forza(not there style) they can play yours with you, and who knows, maybe they'll love it. It just makes it so the people who wouldn't play the game might fire it up and find a gem. https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/520/3848/original.jpg
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

Corporate shill detected. Nice try but that sephiroth avatar isn't going to fool anyone. You are reported, good day sir.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

When nobody buys an Xbone it will have no community.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

NathanDrakeSwag

this

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
I can share my PS4 games with ALL my friends.
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts
It all depends what they do to combat that $500 price tag. If they can do something like $250 with 2 years of live then yea I agree.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

NathanDrakeSwag

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jonwh18

Lmfao what community after launch? I can only see WilliamRLBaker and Mems in the cloud communityAckad
You forgot SecretPolice and Game. 

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

[QUOTE="Ackad"]Lmfao what community after launch? I can only see WilliamRLBaker and Mems in the cloud communityJonwh18

Don't forget timbers and RROD360.

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Krazymixture
You can share your games with your friends around you. I can share with anyone in my region. My nephews in Cali or even someone in new york
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I can share my foot in MS's ass

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Ackad"]Lmfao what community after launch? I can only see WilliamRLBaker and Mems in the cloud communityNathanDrakeSwag

Nah, I'm pretty sure they're fakeboys. 

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
You can share your games with your friends around you. I can share with anyone in my region. My nephews in Cali or even someone in new yorkKrazymixture
there are limits to the sharing and the sharing folder. Also only one player at a time.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

not if nobody buys it they won't.

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Krazymixture
Yes, one player at a time. Up to 10 family members. BUT, you and one person can play the same game at the same time. None of your family members can do that though. Refer to original post near the bottom. And people will buy it. Change for many is hard. On top of that physical copies have been around forever. But I buy two copies of plenty of games for just my one household. So me and my brother/dad can play online together. Now it's just one copy I buy, including dlc. Saves me 60-100 per game. Not to mention he never buys anything but COD and gears. Now he'll be able to play games with me he wouldn't usually. I can see the hate but Xbox one will be successful and awesome as will ps4. If you can't see that your blind
hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Yes, one player at a time. Up to 10 family members. BUT, you and one person can play the same game at the same time. None of your family members can do that though. Refer to original post near the bottom. And people will buy it. Change for many is hard. On top of that physical copies have been around forever. But I buy two copies of plenty of games for just my one household. So me and my brother/dad can play online together. Now it's just one copy I buy, including dlc. Saves me 60-100 per game. Not to mention he never buys anything but COD and gears. Now he'll be able to play games with me he wouldn't usually. I can see the hate but Xbox one will be successful and awesome as will ps4. If you can't see that your blindKrazymixture

berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 strawhatlupi
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
Yes, one player at a time. Up to 10 family members. BUT, you and one person can play the same game at the same time. None of your family members can do that though. Refer to original post near the bottom. And people will buy it. Change for many is hard. On top of that physical copies have been around forever. But I buy two copies of plenty of games for just my one household. So me and my brother/dad can play online together. Now it's just one copy I buy, including dlc. Saves me 60-100 per game. Not to mention he never buys anything but COD and gears. Now he'll be able to play games with me he wouldn't usually. I can see the hate but Xbox one will be successful and awesome as will ps4. If you can't see that your blindKrazymixture
Not all changes end up as good... That 10 person sharing is to good to be true as they'll lose 50% to 90% sale.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Ackad"]Lmfao what community after launch? I can only see WilliamRLBaker and Mems in the cloud communityNathanDrakeSwag

And shawn30 and StormyJoe

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Krazymixture
Ha. Report whoever you want. Least I make informative threads. As I have with ps3 and such. So much hate going on about Xbox one but it has some really sweet new things going on. Things people aren't even noticing or that cows wanna disregard. Downplay paying for online and still switching disc next gen. Downplay the fact Microsoft showed more GAMES than anything at E3. For every negative there's a positive. The 24hr check is so you don't install your full game on multiple xboxs at one time and play multiplayer at the same time. Which people would do. Stealing. The way the games save in the cloud to share they must do the check. Your not special. Just blind
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
I can share my PS4 games with ALL my friends. clyde46
The right way, the Sony way.
Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Krazymixture
Lol. Not to good to be true just part of the good side. You just don't like it because it sounds awesome. And it is. And people should be excited. No money's not lost because the business models changing. It's easier to get people to start playing some games free then make some $ on micro transactions once they enjoy the game. Then you spend freely. Like in dota 2, a PC game I love.
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

I can share my PS4 games with ALL my friends. clyde46

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jonwh18

Ha. Report whoever you want. Least I make informative threads. As I have with ps3 and such. So much hate going on about Xbox one but it has some really sweet new things going on. Things people aren't even noticing or that cows wanna disregard. Downplay paying for online and still switching disc next gen. Downplay the fact Microsoft showed more GAMES than anything at E3. For every negative there's a positive. The 24hr check is so you don't install your full game on multiple xboxs at one time and play multiplayer at the same time. Which people would do. Stealing. The way the games save in the cloud to share they must do the check. Your not special. Just blindKrazymixture
You can hand out plates of free of truffles and caviar. No one is going to eat any of it if it's covered in horse shit. 

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 strawhatlupi
Lol. Not to good to be true just part of the good side. You just don't like it because it sounds awesome. And it is. And people should be excited. No money's not lost because the business models changing. It's easier to get people to start playing some games free then make some $ on micro transactions once they enjoy the game. Then you spend freely. Like in dota 2, a PC game I love.Krazymixture
if im a game publisher losing 90% of sale is never ever awesome...
Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Krazymixture
Another hater mad at the share game policy. I understand. Don't need anyone to take anything, but how about contributing to the discussion. Or you mad we share 10 games, anywhere in my region, and with one person at the same time. And you share your game disc no? Isn't that what your mad about. Do they lose 90% on that? You realize that many people will play games they've never played from a friends library and then spend $ on it after. That's why F2P is coming to console. Once again, business model is changing and the gen is changing. Where's all your VHS tapes? I'm sure some have a few but times change.
XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts
[QUOTE="Krazymixture"]Since you can share games with 10 family members more people will try out new games just because there family friends have them. You can also share the same game with one person on the list at the same time. So if your friend doesn't want to buy say Forza(not there style) they can play yours with you, and who knows, maybe they'll love it. It just makes it so the people who wouldn't play the game might fire it up and find a gem. https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/520/3848/original.jpg

Once a hacker blasts the Xbone, that "larger community" will be watching TV. It boggles the mind that anyone will consider purchasing a "game console" that's reduced to TV as a primary function. It's the most overpriced cable box.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jonwh18

Another hater mad at the share game policy. I understand. Don't need anyone to take anything, but how about contributing to the discussion. Or you mad we share 10 games, anywhere in my region, and with one person at the same time.Krazymixture
:lol: In your region? I can mail a PS4 game around the world if I want to!

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 strawhatlupi
Another hater mad at the share game policy. I understand. Don't need anyone to take anything, but how about contributing to the discussion. Or you mad we share 10 games, anywhere in my region, and with one person at the same time.Krazymixture
im no hater... im just thinking logically... supporting an obvious scam blindly without weighing the pros and cons is the one who contributes nothing... im agreeing that 10 sharing might be good for the consumer, too good in fact... but i also outline that that is a stupid business model if it has the potential to rob you of 90% sale... now tell me... think objectively... what are the disadvantages that you see in scheme?
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
From my understanding, only one person at a time can play a game. Meaning if I have lets say ten games. I can share them with ten people. But if I am playing a game, that will only leave nine games for the other people to play of mine and if they are playing a different game and I want to play. It either kicks them off or doesn't let me play. It's not that all ten people can play the same game at the same time.
Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Krazymixture
WOW. So while I share me game instantly across the country or region you gloat you can mail yours. What if you wanna play that game together. I can do that on the one with any one person at a time on my list. Or if I'm off in the morning I play single player, then my fam in another state play it at night. And for the last poster. The person who owns the game and one person can play at the same time. Just not two family members excluding you. The link is in my original post. Oh, forgot to ask. Can you send that DLC in the mail also, because not only can they play your game but all the DLC. So much sweetness.
strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 strawhatlupi
WOW. So while I share me game instantly across the country or region you gloat you can mail yours. What if you wanna play that game together. I can do that on the one with any one person at a time on my list. Or if I'm off in the morning I play single player, then my fam in another state play it at night. And for the last poster. The person who owns the game and one person can play at the same time. Just not two family members excluding you. The link is in my original post. Oh, forgot to ask. Can you send that DLC in the mail also, because not only can they play your game but all the DLC. So much sweetness. Krazymixture
then your argument about profitting from microtransaction failed miserably, as DLC can also be shared. and as your link describe, the fact that MS is not loud about it make me more suspicious that theres a catch MS is not telling.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

So boring reading idiotic lemming damage control daily.

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Krazymixture
C'mon dude. Microtransactions and DLC are two different things. DLC includes stages and story content. Like a map pack for example. Micro transaction is when you buy cosmetic stuff such as a gun skin. Just stop. And the damage control in this thread is from anger over the AMAZING share games policy. Nothing has been said better about ps4 that can compare. That's the problem, you don't like the good side some of you. Is it that good? https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/520/3848/original.jpg
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts

NathanDrakeSwag
That's not true, the 12 year old CoD fans will still be there. :cool:
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#36 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

not that large when only one can be on at a time lol haha

Those 10 "family" accounts going be special accounts. They going have rules like only main one can buy anything, going have to log in on main console every day to check in.   ect ect. They going make it hard for 10 random people on internet/10 friends get together and share games 

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 strawhatlupi
[QUOTE="Krazymixture"]C'mon dude. Microtransactions and DLC are two different things. DLC includes stages and story content. Like a map pack for example. Micro transaction is when you buy cosmetic stuff such as a gun skin. Just stop. And the damage control in this thread is from anger over the AMAZING share games policy. Nothing has been said better about ps4 that can compare. That's the problem, you don't like the good side some of you. Is it that good? https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/520/3848/original.jpg

DLC=Downloadable content... if those skins are downloadable and are a game content... then its a freaking DLC. i think youre starting to sound like an idiot
Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Krazymixture
True that. I concede as the microtransaction is usually a single content purchase within the game, still being content. But those single item purchases add up. Off topic from the original point of thread. With game sharing more people will have more access to games they usually wouldn't play
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
So if your friend doesn't want to buy say Forza(not there style) they can play yours with you, and who knows, maybe they'll love itKrazymixture
Isn't that that demos are for? On PS4 you could share it with anyone if you like.
tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6190 Posts

Corporate shill detected. Nice try but that sephiroth avatar isn't going to fool anyone. You are reported, good day sir.

DrTrafalgarLaw
Its really sad when someone starts a genuine thread about something half good with Xbox and the first comment is a claim they work for Microsoft. Come on man either post something constructive or don't post at all. Saying its to good to be true just because its awesome is a lame come back also. It is currently the case as stated on Xbox site. Will it change, well anything can change for either Console at any time now or after launch.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

TheDidact

That's not true, the 12 year old CoD fans will still be there. :cool:

No their parents will buy the cheaper PS4. Thankfully I don't play Call Of Shit so I won't have to deal.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

NathanDrakeSwag
/thread !
dogfather76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dogfather76
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts
I doubt it. I think that MS is simply making too many mistakes, I really believe that people are going in a different direction. This is coming from someone who really enjoyed some MS games in the past.
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Microsoft drone detected.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"] You forgot SecretPolice and Game. 

Nike_Air

And shawn30 and StormyJoe

And Tesselation and Strong Butthurt (strongdeadlift)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Isn't PS4 winning that Facebook poll like 20:1 now?

Want a big community of gamers?  See ya'll on PSN.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

NathanDrakeSwag
Avatar image for hiphop_quotable
hiphop_quotable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hiphop_quotable
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

Since you can share games with 10 family members more people will try out new games just because there family friends have them. You can also share the same game with one person on the list at the same time. So if your friend doesn't want to buy say Forza(not there style) they can play yours with you, and who knows, maybe they'll love it. It just makes it so the people who wouldn't play the game might fire it up and find a gem. https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/520/3848/original.jpgKrazymixture

So if I get an xbox one I can play any game for free as long as a person on my list has it? What if I don't want to buy any games and just mooch off other people? I could see a ton of problems with this in the future.

If this holds up I wouldn't be surprised if someone started some kind of rental thing, charge a certain amount of money to share their games for a period of time.

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 strawhatlupi

[QUOTE="Krazymixture"]Since you can share games with 10 family members more people will try out new games just because there family friends have them. You can also share the same game with one person on the list at the same time. So if your friend doesn't want to buy say Forza(not there style) they can play yours with you, and who knows, maybe they'll love it. It just makes it so the people who wouldn't play the game might fire it up and find a gem. https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/520/3848/original.jpghiphop_quotable

So if I get an xbox one I can play any game for free as long as a person on my list has it? What if I don't want to buy any games and just mooch off other people? I could see a ton of problems with this in the future.

If this holds up I wouldn't be surprised if someone started some kind of rental thing, charge a certain amount of money to share their games for a period of time.

yeah i think that will be the catch... time limited gameplay...
dogfather76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dogfather76
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts
I doubt it. I think that MS is simply making too many mistakes, I really believe that people are going in a different direction. This is coming from someone who really enjoyed some MS games in the past.