X bones are readily available everywhere - does it mean?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Edited By DarthaPerkinjan

Poll X bones are readily available everywhere - does it mean? (26 votes)

It means Microsoft is keeping up with demand 54%
It means Microsoft is having trouble selling its stock 46%

I was in Toys R Us yesterday. You couldnt walk 5 feet without running into someone. The cars were spilling over into the street. It was crowded. Yet they had plenty of Xbox ones.

Sams Club? Lots of X bones there too as well, and right before closing.

I took pics at Toys R us and Target and Sams Clubs and will gladly post them.

Anyways what does this mean?

If x bone is close to PS4 sales anywhere its simply because Sony cant keep up with the demand. Personally I have not seen a single PS4 in stores since I bought mine on launch. They're about as plentiful as hen's teeth.

• 
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

It means nobody wants a Xbone. My Walmart and Target have had them in stock since launch.

dogfather76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dogfather76
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

I think that having a better supply chain is always a good thing. Shortages are not. Spin it however you want.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

It means stop making threads about a freaking product in a sore

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

New and original subject matter ITT

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Where do you live cause I haven't seen any since the sunday after Black Friday, I was at my local gamestop and the manager said they have a few and I only noticed cause there was one sitting out on the shelf behind her... I am really hoping come march I can just walk into a walmart/best buy/gamestop and just get one but I haven't seen any lately

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Another one ready for the lock .

SW is dying like the Wii-U right under our noses .

sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts

@xxyetixx said:

Where do you live cause I haven't seen any since the sunday after Black Friday, I was at my local gamestop and the manager said they have a few and I only noticed cause there was one sitting out on the shelf behind her... I am really hoping come march I can just walk into a walmart/best buy/gamestop and just get one but I haven't seen any lately

You live anywhere near NYC? Because here you can pretty much walk into any store and find one.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Could also mean that Sonys stock is in the 107 other countries it is trying to launch in.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#9 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Oh gee! Where have I seen this thread before...

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Microsoft is doomed.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Well if everyone who wants one can get one its a good thing.

If you want a product and cant find it in stores then its a bad thing.

Easy principal.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

Oh look anther thread about sales. Seriously, what would system wars be without you?

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

It means if MS is having trouble selling XBones in the Christmas shopping rush, expect a Wii U-level implosion in sales in the next few months. At least until Titanfall, that may move some systems.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RossRichard

@xxyetixx said:

If you are really having trouble finding an XBone, look at nowinstock.net. There are sites that have been having XBones in stock for over two weeks.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

These f*cking anecdotes have to stop.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Seems like ms sales numbers are shipped not sold. I wonder if Sony does the same thing? I know the ps4 is really hard to find while the Xbox One isn't at the moment. I don't work for either, so I don't know, just my observations and assumptions.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RossRichard

@iambatman7986 said:

Seems like ms sales numbers are shipped not sold. I wonder if Sony does the same thing? I know the ps4 is really hard to find while the Xbox One isn't at the moment. I don't work for either, so I don't know, just my observations and assumptions.

They did the same thing for the 360. They had set a goal to sell 10 million 360s before the PS3 launched. So they ended up shipping 10 million units to stores, until stores started complaining that they were getting too many for their warehouses to hold. After Christmas 2006, MS shut down production of 360s for several months until stock started clearing up.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

The more interesting battle will be after the holidays. This is where the Xflop will show it's true colors, actually it's beginning to unfold right before us.

X Marks The Flop

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It means nobody wants a Xbone. My Walmart and Target have had them in stock since launch.

You know this idiot is lying. They were completely sold out of XB1 at Best Buy and Fry's Electronics when I went there yesterday and they had an Ad in the paper for both systems for Friday too. So on that one day, they sold out of PS4's and XB1 in less then 24hrs. Best Buy had 1 PS4 and I have a picture on my phone of it. I'll post it when I get home, just so people don't think I'm talking out of my @$$. the only place I've seen XB1's at was at Gamestop and they had just got their batch in that morning. That was on Thursday. I don't know how many they have now though. Microsoft has done an incredible job keeping up with demand for the system. Sony... not so much. Eevn Andrew said they were going to be very short in supply for the rest of the year.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-ps4-will-be-supply-challenged-for-rest-of-2013/1100-6416820/

**********************************************************************************************

@iambatman7986 said:

All the numbers Sony & Microsoft have posted to the media and public are "Sold Through sales", which means some to the consumers and not SHIPPED to retailers like you are saying. Go read it here.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-sells-over-1-million-consoles-in-24-hours/1100-6416349/

"In a press statement, Xbox stated that the over one million consoles have been "sold through," meaning that the number reflects sales to consumers, not shipments to retailers."

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Enough of these threads.