Wow...Resistance 3 looks bad.Sub HD(960x680),Lens Of Truth direct feed too?

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bus-A-Bus
Member since 2009 • 5089 Posts

Honestly...this could go down as one of the worst looking games this year.Insomniac truly dropped the ball,and than you read stuff like this

"Insomniac Games has heaped praise on its dedicated engine team, believing they have a better grasp of the PlayStation 3's architecture than any other studio in the business.

Speaking to the chaps at EGM, Insomniac head honcho Ted Price commented, "First and foremost, I think we have a world-****engine team."

"In particular, they focus heavily on using the PS3′s SPUs more effectively (in my opinion) than anyone else in the business."

And you take a look at newest resistance and ask yourself:"What the hell is this?"

Seriously,cows who constantly bash COD graphics(MW3 the latest in series) should take a look at this and shut the **** up!All that and running at 30fps with frame drops :facepalm:

*Some guys at Neogaf report that res might be 960x680 or 1024x680.

EDIT.Here are some Lens of Truth shoots too since people say I intentionally picked the worst one...

http://www.lensoftruth.com/first-look-resistance-3-campaign-demo/

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Well what do you expect with 2006 hardware?

And I much rather play R3 than CoD. Both are sub-HD but its actually fun to play Resistance.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
still getting it
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#4 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

If you care so much about graphics then get a PC

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Graphics dont bother me one bit, just looks like a dull shooter,

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

"Honestly...this could go down as one of the worst looking games this year"

Have you seen Deus Ex: HR?

That being said the game looks nothing like that in motion. In won't win any awards for graphics but those screens make it look worse then it actually is. That being said, I'd rather see those screens then "bullshots".

Giant_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Giant_Panda
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts

Why do those screens look so much worse than the older screens? Are you cherrypicking bad shots?

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts
Screenshots are taking from a demo that came with Battle:Los Angeles in case anyone is wondering. Also, I think that's an old build, because recent gameplay footage of that area looked much better.
Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bus-A-Bus

Why do those screens look so much worse than the older screens? Are you cherrypicking bad shots?

Giant_Panda

No,this are direct feed shots from released demo.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

This looked great in trailers.

Have you seen Deus Ex: HR?>madskills6117

Duke Nukem Forever... :P

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#11 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

it was going to be a terrible game in the first place, especially considering its competition with Killzone 3 for the PS3 shooter department, multiplayer is going to suck just as bad as the graphics.

killzone 3 will a better game by miles.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

And I much rather play R3 than CoD. Both are sub-HD but its actually fun to play Resistance.

ChubbyGuy40

please... hardware is hardly to blame here. The graphics look pretty bad even for console standards. With that said, this shouldn`t stop it from being a great game.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

Actually played the demo on my TV instead of looking at some online shots, looked good, far from bad.

Eh but people can continue playing still screenshots lol.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

alfredooo

please... hardware is hardly to blame here. The graphics look pretty bad even for console standards. With that said, this shouldn`t stop it from being a great game.

Yeah it is. It looks just like KZ3 with alot less blur, no MLAA, and a lower resolution. In fact, I'd say its the exact same as KZ3 if it had no blur at all. (Ever had a match freeze in MP? All the post processing gets turned off and it takes a serious dump in quality.)

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

wow, see this is the future of gaming, where everyone cares about graphics then how much fun and entertaining a game can be. God help us all

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts
troll thread? i thought duke nukem was the worst looking this year
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

it was going to be a terrible game in the first place, especially considering its competition with Killzone 3 for the PS3 shooter department, multiplayer is going to suck just as bad as the graphics.

Dead-Memories

kz3 was a step down from kz2....so idk about that one bud

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ChubbyGuy40

wow, see this is the future of gaming, where everyone cares about graphics then how much fun and entertaining a game can be. God help us all

Chris_Williams

When you have no improvement left for graphics, people are quick to jump onto gameplay as the savior.

Doesn't anyone remember the beginning of this gen? No one cared/talked about gameplay. It was all about how good those games looked. Now that graphics have stopped advancing, more people are finally taking notice of gameplay :D

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

ChubbyGuy40
This /thread
gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamespot4life
Member since 2007 • 1301 Posts

Besides the jaggies it looks fine to me,

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

This looked great in trailers.[QUOTE="madskills6117"]

Have you seen Deus Ex: HR?>GeneralShowzer

Duke Nukem Forever... :P

That's true lmao

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

ChubbyGuy40

Yeah it is. It looks just like KZ3 with alot less blur, no MLAA, and a lower resolution. In fact, I'd say its the exact same as KZ3 if it had no blur at all. (Ever had a match freeze in MP? All the post processing gets turned off and it takes a serious dump in quality.)

those resistance screenshots provided by bus looks absolutely NOTHING like killzone 3. i don't know how you could possible think that.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

mattuk69

This /thread

COD runs twice the frame rate of RE3.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Always liked the gameplay of Resistance think i might get this even though it looks bad. OMG im buying a game with bad graphics, TC must be confused as hell!!!
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

ChubbyGuy40

Doesn't anyone remember the beginning of this gen? No one cared/talked about gameplay. It was all about how good those games looked. Now that graphics have stopped advancing, more people are finally taking notice of gameplay :D

isn't that a good thing?

Medic_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Medic_B
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

R3 makes duke nukem look like crysis.

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts

Bus-A-Bus ... what have you become?!!

On topic: the game looks super .... unless we have an offical confirmation, it's safe to assume the game is HD.

ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts
Well from what I've seen the graphics match the gameplay. It honestly looks like a PS2 game in HD, well almost HD anyway.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

ChubbyGuy40

When you have no improvement left for graphics, people are quick to jump onto gameplay as the savior.

gameplay should always be the savior, I don't turn on a game i finish beating to just look at the pretty trees.
Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bus-A-Bus

On topic: the game looks super .... unless we have an offical confirmation, it's safe to assume the game is HD.

omho88

What have I become?All i did was post direct feed shots from RE3 and wondered how come this game gets a pass while people constantly spit on games like MW3 which to them "look bad",while thats far from truth.

Oh,and yea,just wait till official confirmation.Like "Yea guys,our game runs at 960x680p,its sub HD without AA,just so you know it".

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
I'm still getting it, I enjoyed the first 2 games a lot.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Giant_Panda

I think these pics are not the real thing, probably are years old, this looks like a PS2 game for christ, something is very wrong

I mean they can have made their graphics worst, right ? Just very old pics

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Giant_Panda"]

loosingENDS

I think these pics are not the real thing, probably are years old, this looks like a PS2 game for christ, something is very wrong

I mean they can have made their graphics worst, right ? Just very old pics

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28599611&postcount=20

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts
[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="omho88"]

What have I become?All i did was post direct feed shots from RE3 and wondered how come this game gets a pass while people constantly spit on games like MW3 which to them "look bad",while thats far from truth.

Oh,and yea,just wait till official confirmation.Like "Yea guys,our game runs at 960x680p,its sub HD without AA,just so you know it".

all you did was posting crappy pics while knowing the game doesn't look like that .... like all trolls in SW .... I thought you were more decent than this :? [spoiler] you feel bad now, dun ya? :P ...... but I am serious btw, ur threads are becoming more and more about bashing and trolling [/spoiler]
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#35 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

Insomiac already commented on the graphics of demo build of resistance 3 about 7 days ago, they said it was very old build that they pushed out to have on the bluray movie

Here is there comments on the demo, they knew people were going to complain about the graphics on the old build and said its not a final representation of the product

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
I play games for the story and gameplay, visuals are at the bottom of my importance list. People are too greedy these days, it's beginning to ruin the industry.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

I doubt it will be subHD, as neither 1 or 2 was sub HD. We aren't talking about Halo, afterall.

Also, even though it may not be the graphical showcase that, say, U2 or GOW III are, the Resistance games have larger scales, more enemies, and everything is rendered in real time with physics and all that jazz.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#38 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

eboyishere

kz3 was a step down from kz2....so idk about that one bud

perhaps, I used to be like you, undermining killzone 3's questionable direction in game mechanics, but I just learned to adapt and accept it for what it is, a more fast paced twitch shooter. I suggest you do the same. true killzone 2 might have had better multiplayer, but it doesn't make killzone 3 bad by any means. i've actually had a lot of fun exploiting various class' mechanics, like the marksman, and being a killing machine god.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="omho88"]

omho88

all you did was posting crappy pics while knowing the game doesn't look like that .... like all trolls in SW .... I thought you were more decent than this :? [spoiler] you feel bad now, dun ya? :P ...... but I am serious btw, ur threads are becoming more and more about bashing and trolling [/spoiler]

Stop it man! :P I posted screenshots from neogaf demo thread,those are direct feed and thats how it looks.For now...for demo...ok?

I_AM_MEGATRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 I_AM_MEGATRON
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts
still looks better than halo reach lulz
The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
Resistance 3 looks just as terrible as the previous titles. Its such a generic bland shooter why cows hype it ? Idk :?
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

Yeah, this is just picking out the worst you can find. Try to get some realistic stuff if you want to be fair, because this thread stinks of troll.

Pictures

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/resistance-3/images.html?tag=images

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/37866/resistance-3/images/resistance-3-20110606083205281.html

Video

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6317729/resistance-3-bridge-out-gameplay-movie

http://asia.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=now_playing_resistance_3_demo20110520

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

ALL Resistance games have NEVER looked good. Believe it or not. Hell, even Halo 3 looks infinitely better than all 3 Resistance.

I still enjoy them and defiinitely will pick up R3.

But the series has NEVER looked good.

Vambran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Vambran
Member since 2005 • 1921 Posts

Resistance 2 seemed okay. Don't see how it could be any worse unless they tried to make it bad.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12355 Posts
I very much doubt its 960x680.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Game with bad graphics and very boring game play. Im sure cows will still hype it as AAA because its a PS3 exclusive.

Resistance series died after R2 so I would be pretty impressed if they manage to make an even worse game.

fun-da-mental

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fun-da-mental
Member since 2002 • 621 Posts

I think it looks fine after seeing the trailers, gamplay videos and screenshots. Those images, even if they are the worst possible images one could find, still look good overall:)

cxcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cxcloud
Member since 2009 • 147 Posts

So resolution does matter now:o......or does it only matter when we're not talking about Crysis 2?:roll:

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#49 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Doesn't look too bad. Plus, it will be in 3D! (Which is nice if you are lucky enough to have a 3D television.)
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

resistance has always been ugly. but with this one it seems they've taken the effort to set the bar even lower :lol: