Wow this is why I am hyping Naruto: ROAN for 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3btht_naruto-rise-of-a-ninja-introduction_videogames

This trailer is just pure awesome. For those who are interested in Japanese voices it will come to the game as DLC. When it will come I do not know. I hype AA even though it will probably get an A here. The reviews that are out are either AA or A. I still can't believe I am about to buy an anime base game.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
That damned show is a mockery of ninjas everywhere. >_>
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

I agree with said topic

Probably the ONLY good naruto game

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
I know absolutely nothing of anime or whatever this is, but it does look good I'll give it that.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Verge_6

I know absolutely nothing of anime or whatever this is, but it does look good I'll give it that.EntwineX

I think the fact I DO know about the anime is what's making me so uninterested in this game...so, you're fortunate.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
Happy about the japanese voice actors though I wish they were included as standard.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 too_much_eslim
That damned show is a mockery of ninjas everywhere. >_>Verge_6
quick call the ninja union. Also I don't see how. Especially as the story evolves.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 too_much_eslim

[QUOTE="EntwineX"]I know absolutely nothing of anime or whatever this is, but it does look good I'll give it that.Verge_6

I think the fact I DO know about the anime is what's making me so uninterested in this game...so, you're fortunate.

No reason to hate on the anime man. I guess it is just not your cup of tea.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts
I hope that the Japanese voice DLC will be free.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 too_much_eslim
I hope that the Japanese voice DLC will be free.mjarantilla
martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts
Ok so after a French Fanta advert , this game looks amazing wait.. whats this then? OMG GET IT AWAY FROM ME !!!! UBISOFT!!!
masori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 masori
Member since 2005 • 1680 Posts
nice
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="EntwineX"]I know absolutely nothing of anime or whatever this is, but it does look good I'll give it that.too_much_eslim

I liked it...until the filler started to spew out, people started wearing those damned headbands around in public (and the whole 'believe it!' thing...*shudders*), and I just got so tired of seeing it everywhere...

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
Omg, will Americans slaughter this game like they slaughtered the anime? Quick, censor out out all the blood and violence, make the voices crappy and kiddy and just plain ruin the whole show! Censorship ftw in the US of A.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 too_much_eslim
Omg, will Americans slaughter this game like they slaughtered the anime? Quick, censor out out all the blood and violence, make the voices crappy and kiddy and just plain ruin the whole show! Censorship ftw in the US of A. Hexagon_777
The game is based on the magna. which translates into the first 80 episodes.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="EntwineX"]I know absolutely nothing of anime or whatever this is, but it does look good I'll give it that.Verge_6

I liked it...until the filler started to spew out, people started wearing those damned headbands around in public (and the whole 'believe it!' thing...*shudders*), and I just got so tired of seeing it everywhere...

Don't let people make you hate something. that is like me all of sudden hating Halo because people claim it is the best FPS ever.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="EntwineX"]I know absolutely nothing of anime or whatever this is, but it does look good I'll give it that.too_much_eslim

Don't let people make you hate something. that is like me all of sudden hating Halo because people claim it is the best FPS ever.

...that wasn't the ONLY reason I listed.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Omg, will Americans slaughter this game like they slaughtered the anime? Quick, censor out out all the blood and violence, make the voices crappy and kiddy and just plain ruin the whole show! Censorship ftw in the US of A. too_much_eslim

The first 80 episodes? Are you for real? I thought the story died a bit after the first 80 episodes! That means I am getting all the good stuff!

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] No reason to hate on the anime man. I guess it is just not your cup of tea.Verge_6

Yeah because you don't like the fact people are wearing the clothes and your seeing it everywhere. You don't like the fact it became so popular I believe ( I'm not sure). Also you will not hear the character say believe it. It is based off the manga and not the the tv shows aired in America. It up to the first 80 episodes. So you do not have to worry about all that believe it crap. Not once have I heard it watching all the gameplay vids.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 too_much_eslim

[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Omg, will Americans slaughter this game like they slaughtered the anime? Quick, censor out out all the blood and violence, make the voices crappy and kiddy and just plain ruin the whole show! Censorship ftw in the US of A. Hexagon_777

The first 80 episodes? Are you for real? I thought the story died a bit after the first 80 episodes! That means I am getting all the good stuff!

Yup and they are supposed to skip all the filler episodes in future games. I think they will probably make a game up to episode 135 and then go straight into shippuden(don't know how to spell it.).
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] No reason to hate on the anime man. I guess it is just not your cup of tea.too_much_eslim

You don't like the fact it became so popular I believe

You're right, I only hate it because it's popular. :roll:

I'm uncaring for this game because, a) I don't care for the show anymore, and b) being a sponsored anime game, it has a high chance of not faring too well.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] No reason to hate on the anime man. I guess it is just not your cup of tea.Verge_6

I'm uncaring for this game because, a) I don't care for the show anymore, and b) being a sponsored anime game, it has a high chance of not faring too well.

I stopped watching the show a loooong time ago, as soon as the fillers started. But I've kept up with the manga, mainly out of habit.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] Don't let people make you hate something. that is like me all of sudden hating Halo because people claim it is the best FPS ever.Verge_6

I said I am not sure. Also I only have faith in the game because Ubisoft Montreal is doing it. If it was just a game from Namco or basically any developer besides Bioware I wouldn't even consider the game. Ubisoft Montreal is one of the best developers in the biz so I hype just about all their games.
Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts

OMG spoilarz! That video is full of them. at-least if you haven't seen the eps till 80 yet. :P

Looks like it will be a good Naruto game. Now I just don't know If I should wait till the DLC drops to play it.

I really, really, really, hate the english dub voices. Believe it!

ugh..:roll:

Avatar image for Apathetic-Irony
Apathetic-Irony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Apathetic-Irony
Member since 2006 • 1391 Posts

I've seen gameplay footage, and while it does look to be the best anime game yet, that trailer did what it was supposed to do: it made the game look 50x more impressive than what it really is.

Incredible trailer, most likely decent game that should cost $40.

spidadragon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 spidadragon1
Member since 2007 • 1844 Posts

And the game is going to have Japanese voices via downloadable content

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203717

and

http://www.jeux-france.com/news22504_naruto-rise-of-a-ninja-avec-les-voix-japonaises-.html

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 too_much_eslim

I've seen gameplay footage, and while it does look to be the best anime game yet, that trailer did what it was supposed to do: it made the game look 50x more impressive than what it really is.

Apathetic-Irony
The thing is they mostly showed the fighting aspect to basically not spoil the game in its story mode for people new to the series. The gameplay footage just show a really small example of what the game is like.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mjarantilla

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3btht_naruto-rise-of-a-ninja-introduction_videogames

This trailer is just pure awesome. For those who are interested in Japanese voices it will come to the game as DLC. When it will come I do not know. I hype AA even though it will probably get an A here. The reviews that are out are either AA or A. I still can't believe I am about to buy an anime base game.

too_much_eslim

Finally got the video loaded.

OMG, they should do the entire series in that kind of CG animation. That clip where Naruto's clones take on the full-sized Shukaku....

:shock:

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]

mjarantilla

OMG, they should do the entire series in that kind of CG animation. That clip where Naruto's clones take on the full-sized Shukaku....

Yea man I know, but I don't think that was CG. I think it is a realtime cutscene. It doesn't look to far from the actual game. Obviously it is heavily scripted, but I think that is probably the in-engine game at most.
Avatar image for Apathetic-Irony
Apathetic-Irony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Apathetic-Irony
Member since 2006 • 1391 Posts
[QUOTE="Apathetic-Irony"]

too_much_eslim

The thing is they mostly showed the fighting aspect to basically not spoil the game in its story mode for people new to the series. The gameplay footage just show a really small example of what the game is like.

Oh? You mean the parts where you run around in 3rd person mode? I hope you do, because I can't see the cut scenes being half decent.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]

too_much_eslim

Yea man I know, but I don't think that was CG. I think it is a realtime cutscene. It doesn't look to far from the actual game. Obviously it is heavily scripted, but I think that is probably the in-engine game at most.

What I mean is that the series should use cel-shaded CG instead of the current crappy hand-drawn that they use. I mean, they only ever reserve the best animation for the fight scenes (like the recent Sakura-v-Sasori fight), and even then it's uneven.

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
Looks good. Could be a good rent
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]

mjarantilla

What I mean is that the series should use cel-shaded CG instead of the current crappy hand-drawn that they use. I mean, they only ever reserve the best animation for the fight scenes (like the recent Sakura-v-Sasori fight), and even then it's uneven.

Oh I see. Well yeah, but that will probably happen next gen or if Ubissoft wants to spend a lot of money on maing this the best looking game ever which I doubt.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
damn...hard to believe, but i think ubisoft might be the first one to make a good game based on the naruto anime
Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

Lawl, REAL Ninjas could single handedly own the entire cast of Naruto.

And you wouldn't even see them. It would just look like them all dying.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

damn...hard to believe, but i think ubisoft might be the first one to make a good game based on the naruto anime Dante2710

QFT,although it sucks to be me since I dont have a 360 anymore :(.

WarTime71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WarTime71
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts
This game willk set the bar for Anime based games. Other developers will see this and have to step their game up, this game will decide the future of Anime based games.
UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

I'm looking at AA hype for this game.

These are the same people doing Assassin's Creed, people!

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 too_much_eslim

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]damn...hard to believe, but i think ubisoft might be the first one to make a good game based on the naruto anime Ballroompirate

Why did you get rid of it?
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ballroompirate
[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]damn...hard to believe, but i think ubisoft might be the first one to make a good game based on the naruto anime too_much_eslim

RROD :(,I know I could've sent it in but I'm inpatient lol,also they prolly would've just ether give me one that already had a RROD or fix it.So I traded it in for a psp,but! I cant wait to get a elite 360 sometime in jan or feb of 08.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]damn...hard to believe, but i think ubisoft might be the first one to make a good game based on the naruto anime Ballroompirate

RROD :(,I know I could've sent it in but I'm inpatient lol,also they prolly would've just ether give me one that already had a RROD or fix it.So I traded it in for a psp,but! I cant wait to get a elite 360 sometime in jan or feb of 08.

Ok just wondering. I can understand that being an issue for people. I just couldn't see myself getting rid of a system because it broke especially if I like the games on the system.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ballroompirate
[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]damn...hard to believe, but i think ubisoft might be the first one to make a good game based on the naruto anime too_much_eslim

Ok just wondering. I can understand that being an issue for people. I just couldn't see myself getting rid of a system because it broke especially if I like the games on the system.

Yeah Im just inpatient :P other wise I woulda sent it in.Hopefully though I can get a elite later and buy the games I miss this fall like Mass Effect and Naruto Roan.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Ballroompirate

Yeah Im just inpatient :P other wise I woulda sent it in.Hopefully though I can get a elite later and buy the games I miss this fall like Mass Effect and Naruto Roan.

Ok I understand. i would try to get one after the rumor price drop before the Holidays.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Good grief this game is being hyped? I'd be surprised if it got an A at GS!
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 too_much_eslim
Good grief this game is being hyped? I'd be surprised if it got an A at GS!blue_hazy_basic
I won't I am convinced already that this will be a good game. It doesn't matter what they rate it.