Wow, i've been reading a lot of stupid things here on SW lately.

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts
things like, 'MGS4 will come to the X360, only a matter of time..' and 'MGS4 has dull gameplay, it's basically just a movie, hmph!' first, i'd like to take everybody back in time to when MGS2 was released on the Xbox. not only did the game sell horribly, but the clunky Xbox controller didn't suit the series at ALL. why do you think MGS3 remained exclusive? because Kojima knew that the Xbox fanbase was into shooters, not complex stealth action games. (except for crap Splinter Cell.)

also, do you know how much data the MGS4 game disc contains? if it ever is ported for some demonic reason, it'll probably be on several discs, making the game a lot less seamless; it'll also be watered down to the fullest. Kojima knows when he's made a mistake, and porting MGS2 to the Xbox was one of them. maybe you lemmings will get extremely lucky and another dev gets permission from Kojima to port MGS4 to the xbox; as was the case with NGS & MGS:TS. but keep in mind, it WON'T be the same experience, and if that horrible event ever does take place, it'll be a long, long time from now.

and MGS4 has dull gameplay huh? any of you lemmings played it yet? No. but i've played the Beta, and the gameplay is significantly faster paced then MGS1-3. gunplay has been vastly improved, and CQC has been practically refined to perfection. and 90 minute cutscenes? that rumor has already been debunked. even so, MGS's story line is far too complex for a fanbase that merely plays shooters.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts
Well I just wanna say switching discs is no big deal. It wouldn't "disrupt the flow of the gameplay."
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
This is SW, what to expect? o.o
ahriman2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ahriman2
Member since 2006 • 574 Posts

also, do you know how much data the MGS4 game disc contains? if it ever is ported for some demonic reason, it'll probably be on several discs, making the game a lot less seamless; it'll also be watered down to the fullest.

GUNpoint_

Of course, i doubt that there would only be one disc, since there are (a few) 90 minute cut scenes (Approximate). I would hope no one did something stupid like porting it, then when lemmings complain that the controls suck, or that the story made no sense (I bet there WOULD be cuts...In the cut scenes..), all they would do is complain and/or attack PS3 owners for having terrible games..

There world of gaming is not a nice place.

ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
I agree with most of what you are saying, with the exception of the disk switching part. FF7 and its successors for the original PS did this and I didnt mind at all. Its not THAT much of a hassle lol.
GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts
I agree with most of what you are saying, with the exception of the disk switching part. FF7 and its successors for the original PS did this and I didnt mind at all. Its not THAT much of a hassle lol.ganon546

yes, but those were linear rpg's. MGS4 will be divided into chapters. what if you wanna replay a certain chapter? (if even possible.) you'd have to be constantly swapping discs. not very nice.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Amazing. You read dumb stuff then decide to post....What?

I come in expecting to read something profound and all I get is another "Metal Gear is the Best and it ain't coming to the 360" Thread.

You sure showed those lemmings.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

things like, 'MGS4 will come to the X360, only a matter of time..' and 'MGS4 has dull gameplay, it's basically just a movie, hmph!' first, i'd like to take everybody back in time to when MGS2 was released on the Xbox. not only did the game sell horribly, but the clunky Xbox controller didn't suit the series at ALL. why do you think MGS3 remained exclusive? because Kojima knew that the Xbox fanbase was into shooters, not complex stealth action games. (except for crap Splinter Cell.)

also, do you know how much data the MGS4 game disc contains? if it ever is ported for some demonic reason, it'll probably be on several discs, making the game a lot less seamless; it'll also be watered down to the fullest. Kojima knows when he's made a mistake, and porting MGS2 to the Xbox was one of them. maybe you lemmings will get extremely lucky and another dev gets permission from Kojima to port MGS4 to the xbox; as was the case with NGS & MGS:TS. but keep in mind, it WON'T be the same experience, and if that horrible event ever does take place, it'll be a long, long time from now.

and MGS4 has dull gameplay huh? any of you lemmings played it yet? No. but i've played the Beta, and the gameplay is significantly faster paced then MGS1-3. gunplay has been vastly improved, and CQC has been practically refined to perfection. and 90 minute cutscenes? that rumor has already been debunked. even so, MGS's story line is far too complex for a fanbase that merely plays shooters.
GUNpoint_

:lol:

If you had posted that at the beginning of your arguement, I would have stopped there.

I don't merely play shooters, I've got RPGs, racing games, and strategy games. Jeez, you think their threads were dumb...

numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 numba1234
Member since 2007 • 3561 Posts
It is called the pre-launch hate. Cows did this with Gears of War/Halo 3, lemmnigs are doing it with MGS4.
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts
one of, if not the only, problem I had with FFVII was that I couldn't go back to some areas. That was a direct effect of disc swapping. Will all games be hindered by multi-disc? I don't think so, but the possibility is there.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]Well I just wanna say switching discs is no big deal. It wouldn't "disrupt the flow of the gameplay."AmyMizuno
We'll have to wait for the game to come out before we will know for sure if it's even capable of 'switching disks.' Not all games are suited for disk swapping. Only games that don't require a lot of backtracking and are very linear will work under that circumstance.

Or those that create large expansive overworlds, but leave a way for you not being able to go back to some cities, parts of the overworld thus allowing more free memory! *points to past FF games*

Anywho, MGS 4 just wouldn't make sense on Xbox 360 IMO. I strongly believe it won't happen...

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts
You must be new...Hi and welcome to System Wars. Enjoy your stay.
maverickx04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 maverickx04
Member since 2004 • 1223 Posts

things like, 'MGS4 will come to the X360, only a matter of time..' and 'MGS4 has dull gameplay, it's basically just a movie, hmph!' first, i'd like to take everybody back in time to when MGS2 was released on the Xbox. not only did the game sell horribly, but the clunky Xbox controller didn't suit the series at ALL. why do you think MGS3 remained exclusive?GUNpoint_

Because of development costs.

Why do I think MGS2 sold bad on Xbox? Because the original version released on PS2 way before substance.

Also, MGS on PS1 was multi-disc, but you probably never played that one...

High_Spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 High_Spy
Member since 2006 • 475 Posts

You must be new...Hi and welcome to System Wars. Enjoy your stay.MADVLAD123

^ This.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

GUNpoint_
I love contradictions :|
loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 loftus42
Member since 2008 • 1086 Posts

GUNpoint_
Far too complex, LOL. That was very arrogant. (Sounds like the Cows are smarter then the Lemmings, huh? LOL) But as for the size problem, If you would compress the audio, (you wouldn't even notice this), And killed the cut scenes, (and told the story like most normal developers do, in game)Yes the experience would be different, but nothing us stupid Lemmings couldn't handle, I don't think. Might be wrong though, We are a pretty stupid breed. You know, for buying the 360. LOL. Can't wait to hear the next insightful tid bits of wisdom you care to bestow upon us lowley lemmings. That was just too good.
asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]You must be new...Hi and welcome to System Wars. Enjoy your stay.High_Spy

^ This.

Yep. "Member since Feb 17, 2008" It's kinda cute to see this kind of blind idealism. How long 'till this one breaks?:twisted:

j/k Seriously, GUNpoint_, normally this board is filled with only the finest intellectual debates and in depth analysis. You just happen to have joined in an unprecedented period of aloofness brought on by the release of GTA IV.:D

PSBox3SixWi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PSBox3SixWi
Member since 2007 • 1341 Posts

the term "system wars" is actually taken from the japanese term for "stupid fanboys argue about dumb points"

i guess "system wars" just sounds better in the board list.

loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 loftus42

the term "system wars" is actually taken from the japanese term for "stupid fanboys argue about dumb points"

PSBox3SixWi
LOL, Can't stop laughing!!!
ericsp2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ericsp2081
Member since 2003 • 201 Posts

TC, I thought you actually had something to say about the utter pointlessness of video game bickering...sigh...

Schnauzerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Schnauzerz
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
There are some game that are hyped more than actually played. I think MGS4 will be one of them. I played the third one and what an awful game that was. Having a pretentious, complex story doesnt make it good. Gameplay was attrocious, even compared to Splinter Cell, which has been getting stale lately. All I remember from MGS3 specifically was jumping out of a plane and fighting utterly ridiculous bosses who shouted their names. How lame
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts

MGS for PSX was dual disc was it not? :|

Also, it is quite likely that the 360 will get MGS4 in some way shape or form. Saying that Xbox owners can't play complex games is just stupid man and you know it. Look at Lost Odyssey or Oblivion. Also check out KZ2 or Resistance 2, those are mindless shooters to you right?

PSBox3SixWi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PSBox3SixWi

Also, it is quite likely that the 360 will get MGS4 in some way shape or form. Saying that Xbox owners can't play complex games is just stupid man and you know it. Look at Lost Odyssey or Oblivion. Also check out KZ2 or Resistance 2, those are mindless shooters to you right?

MadExponent

Whose butt do lemmings keep pulling this out of?

Schnauzerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Schnauzerz
[QUOTE="MadExponent"]

PSBox3SixWi

I swear to God if I hear one more MGS4 coming to the 360 debate, Im going to have an aneurysm(sp?). Just WAIT! Well find out soon enough.
PSBox3SixWi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PSBox3SixWi

[QUOTE="GUNpoint_"]things like, 'MGS4 will come to the X360, only a matter of time..' and 'MGS4 has dull gameplay, it's basically just a movie, hmph!' first, i'd like to take everybody back in time to when MGS2 was released on the Xbox. not only did the game sell horribly, but the clunky Xbox controller didn't suit the series at ALL. why do you think MGS3 remained exclusive? because Kojima knew that the Xbox fanbase was into shooters, not complex stealth action games. (except for crap Splinter Cell.)

DivergeUnify
I love contradictions :|

I believe he's pointing out that the gunplay has been improved from previous versions. Not that the game is now a shooter. Just as all the previous games in the series, you can go through the entire game without killing anyone.

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts
[QUOTE="PSBox3SixWi"][QUOTE="MadExponent"]

Schnauzerz

I swear to God if I hear one more MGS4 coming to the 360 debate, Im going to have an aneurysm(sp?). Just WAIT! Well find out soon enough.

If it does get announced for 360 every cow on here will get a fish slap from every lemming on here.

PSBox3SixWi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PSBox3SixWi
[QUOTE="Schnauzerz"][QUOTE="PSBox3SixWi"][QUOTE="MadExponent"]

MadExponent

If it does get announced for 360 every cow on here will get a fish slap from every lemming on here.

But they wont care cus they'll all have beaten it about 50 times by the time its even CONSIDERED for a port.

Schnauzerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Schnauzerz
[QUOTE="Schnauzerz"][QUOTE="PSBox3SixWi"][QUOTE="MadExponent"]

MadExponent

I guess. I know I wont care, not that im a "lemming". Fighting that old boss called the End in MGS3 was enough MGS for me for 10 lifetimes
loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 loftus42
[QUOTE="MadExponent"][QUOTE="Schnauzerz"][QUOTE="PSBox3SixWi"][QUOTE="MadExponent"]

AmyMizuno

It would actually be pretty funny to see the game sound like a youtube video on the 360. Degrading the audio is the only concievable way I could imagine it could be brought to the 360.

Audio compression works well, no one would even notice. Besides, I for one don't think it's going to happen. at least I won't be staying up late nights worrying about it.
Sgt_Napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sgt_Napalm
Member since 2008 • 1811 Posts

yep.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

"MGS's story line is far too complex for a fanbase that merely plays shooters."

jeez, you MGS fanboys act as if MGS is like the god of storylines.

-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -Wheels-
Member since 2005 • 3137 Posts
This thread can't be anymore ironic.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

because Kojima knew that the Xbox fanbase was into shooters, not complex stealth action games. (except for crap Splinter Cell.)
GUNpoint_

I stopped caring about your opinion right about this sentence.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Did TC just say MGS is a complexe stealth action game?
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

[QUOTE="ganon546"]I agree with most of what you are saying, with the exception of the disk switching part. FF7 and its successors for the original PS did this and I didnt mind at all. Its not THAT much of a hassle lol.GUNpoint_

yes, but those were linear rpg's. MGS4 will be divided into chapters. what if you wanna replay a certain chapter? (if even possible.) you'd have to be constantly swapping discs. not very nice.

Never bothered me with RE4.

Koba123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 Koba123
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts
Every part of your post was true except for "crap splinter cell"

You called it crap just so your argument would float.
jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

GUNpoint_

i hate to tell you this, but that little crap splinter cell game is 10x better than mgs in the stealth genre.

eonape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 eonape
Member since 2008 • 155 Posts

I didnt even know at the time that MGS2 was released on the Xbox, if I did I still wouldn't have bought it. The series just isnt that good or that interesting for me to spend the money on. Not to mention the lack of or poor online. The xbox controller wasnt clunky. At least all mine definately weren't clunky.

MGS games aren't all what you believe them to be, maybe your just used to those kind of different games that most people do not seem to enjoy, especially the hardcore gamers of the 360 fanbase. Sure its a decent series, but its not like its the best stealth action game ever. Nor the most complex.

Not to mention you said it won't be the same experiance. It definately would be the same experiance. Why would it be a horrible event for more gamers to experiance the game that you hold in such a high honour? Are you so greedy that you only want it for yourself and you don't want others to play it? Thats nice.

I also dont understand how you can call splinter cell crap, that made no sense at all, because you go on to infer that stealth action games, like MGS4 are great. Saying that just makes your whole statement alot weaker. Both games are great, you should at least acknowledge that and show that you at least know what your talking about.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts
[QUOTE="MadExponent"][QUOTE="Schnauzerz"][QUOTE="PSBox3SixWi"][QUOTE="MadExponent"]

PSBox3SixWi

But they wont care cus they'll all have beaten it about 50 times by the time its even CONSIDERED for a port.

True , just like bioshock

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

so much fail in that post.

1- Splintercell is a way more complex game in terms of depth and stealth action.
2- MGS 2 didn't do well on the XBOX controller, the 360 controller is WAY BETTER.
3- MGS 2 came out well after the hype died down for it. DO you think Bioshock is going to do hot on the PS3...doubt it.
4- And shooters like Bioshock, Half Life 2 have deep stories.
5- The lemmings also played Mass Effect one of the best story RPGs of this gen so far.

MGS is complex and i love it. I will buy a PS3 for that game. But i prefer the 360 over the PS3......So on top of being false with all your statements you were generalizing. Good one there.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
[QUOTE="PSBox3SixWi"]

loftus42

LOL, Can't stop laughing!!!

xDDD!! lol

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
SW is the Place where intellegent conversation goes to die. Dillusions galore.
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

GUNpoint_

Contradict yourself much? You say it is stupid for lemmings to say MGS4 could come to 360, then you say it is a possibility. Yeah...

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
This is a stupid thread about how great MGS4 is that I would add to my list of stupid things on SW lately.
SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts
I've also been reading a lot of stupid things on SW. Your post was one of them.
Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Taalon
Member since 2006 • 3424 Posts

[QUOTE="GUNpoint_"]things like, 'MGS4 will come to the X360, only a matter of time..' and 'MGS4 has dull gameplay, it's basically just a movie, hmph!' first, i'd like to take everybody back in time to when MGS2 was released on the Xbox. not only did the game sell horribly, but the clunky Xbox controller didn't suit the series at ALL. why do you think MGS3 remained exclusive? because Kojima knew that the Xbox fanbase was into shooters, not complex stealth action games. (except for crap Splinter Cell.)

AvIdGaMeR444

Contradict yourself much? You say it is stupid for lemmings to say MGS4 could come to 360, then you say it is a possibility. Yeah...

That's not much of a contradiction. He said that the phrase "MGS4 will come to the 360" is tiresome and stupid, and later said that "maybe lemmings will get extremely lucky and get a port, yet it won't be the proper experience". If he had said that there was no way it was ever coming, I would have agreed with you.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

I've also been reading a lot of stupid things on SW. Your post was one of them.SpinoRaptor

So is your post. How about adding something to a conversation next time?

The fact is MGS4 will NEVER come to the 360. Its sonys biggest title and they know that with all the MGS fans out there is will sell loads of consoles.

Its ps3 exclusive, and its staying that way.

Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor"]I've also been reading a lot of stupid things on SW. Your post was one of them.NinjaMunkey01

So is your post. How about adding something to a conversation next time?

Oh brother. You're just trying to defend your comrade. This thread is completely stupid and ironic and that needed to be pointed out.