Would you rather be playing Baldur's Gate 3 or Starfield?

• 74 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45491 Posts

Baldur's Gate 3 is currently sitting on a 97 MC, technically beating ToTK but with much less reviews at the moment. So it could go down. Meanwhile, PS5 owners won't have access to Starfield, but luckily, Baldur's Gate 3 comes out the same day. As for Xbox gamers.. looks like the parity clause for XSS is resulting in an indefinite delay at the moment. So they'll be playing Starfield. But that got me thinking 🤔 What would you rather be playing between the two? And will BG 3 end up outshining Starfield? I could see it happening. Larian is just a top notch developer with very few misses in modern RPGs.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44541 Posts

I’m going to enjoy playing both. 😎

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50663 Posts

Dunno, haven't played either so can't answer.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19599 Posts

I'm 60 hours into BG3, and I have zero interest in playing Starfield. I've played enough Bethesda RPGs to know what to expect from it.

One of these is a massively ambitious labour of love, and the other will be a shallow crowd-pleaser with hundreds of immersion-breaking bugs.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@Planeforger said:

I'm 60 hours into BG3, and I have zero interest in playing Starfield. I've played enough Bethesda RPGs to know what to expect from it.

One of these is a massively ambitious labour of love, and the other will be a shallow crowd-pleaser with hundreds of immersion-breaking bugs.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70399 Posts

I heard that gamers can play both.🤔

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59322 Posts

Baldur's Gate 3 is a good game.

Starfield is a Bethesda game.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6700 Posts

Remnant 2.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39692 Posts

I have over 50h in BG3, and this is better than any Bioware games i've played, and DA:O, ME1 and ME2 are one of my fav games of all time. This game is on such another level, so much so that i won't even consider getting Starfield on day one, and EVEN Armored Core 6 gotta wait a while before i get it cuz after all this time in BG3, i am still in Act 1, and i am the last person that is gonna be rushing a legendary game like this. This will be the first time i don't buy a Fromsoft title on day one, and if Miyazaki wants to punish me for that, i accept his punishment.

The hype for this game is the realest i have seen in a long time. This is now my gold standard when it comes to dialogue heavy rpg's.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen said:

I have over 50h in BG3, and this is better than any Bioware games i've played, and DA:O, ME1 and ME2 are one of my fav games of all time. This game is on such another level, so much so that i won't even consider getting Starfield on day one, and EVEN Armored Core 6 gotta wait a while before i get it cuz after all this time in BG3, i am still in Act 1, and i am the last person that is gonna be rushing a legendary game like this. This will be the first time i don't buy a Fromsoft title on day one, and if Miyazaki wants to punish me for that, i accept his punishment.

The hype for this game is the realest i have seen in a long time. This is now my gold standard when it comes to dialogue heavy rpg's.

What's so good about it? The Bear sex?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

What's so good about it? The Bear sex?

That's the thing, i didn't even get to the bear sex scene. Right now, the game is like an 11/10 for me, and when it get to the sex scene, we're talking about a 12.5/10, or maybe even a 13/10 game at that point.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56406 Posts

Can't really answer those questions as I haven't played either of those games...much less Starfield isn't even out yet to validate an answer anyway.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3504 Posts

Starfield, I might play BG eventually. Pretty sure BG is a great game and GOTY contender but sci-fi > fantasy.

I'm also pretty sure that once both games are released on console the conversation around them will be vomit inducing.

Qui-Gon-Milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Qui-Gon-Milk
Member since 2022 • 182 Posts

I’m more hyped for Starfield but Baldurs Gate 3 looks awesome. Anyone been playing it perfectly fine solo?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hardwenzen

After BG3, i am so curious about Starfield and other big aaa narative heavy titles, and how they stack up. Seriously, feels to me that i haven't played a single game with this many interesting conversations since the ps360 era (excluding RDR2, but there's no choice in that game, so it doesn't count). Its sad what the gaming industry has become.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen said:

After BG3, i am so curious about Starfield and other big aaa narative heavy titles, and how they stack up. Seriously, feels to me that i haven't played a single game with this many interesting conversations since the ps360 era (excluding RDR2, but there's no choice in that game, so it doesn't count). Its sad what the gaming industry has become.

The conversations are even better than Elden Ring's conversations?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

There's barely any dialogue in ER. What's there is very good, but BG3 is more like mass effect than a fromsoft game.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

There's barely any dialogue in ER. What's there is very good, but BG3 is more like mass effect than a fromsoft game.

I know, I was making the funnay.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

BG3.

But I'll play the shit outta Starfield, regardless.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

Btw to those saying that TW3 was excellent when it comes to writing, BG3 dumpsters it, and burries it 10 feet under. Larian really are the new CDPR (even tho i always knew that Marcin Iwiński was a slimy f*ck that reminded me of an snake oil sales man).

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16018 Posts

I haven't bought BG3 and I certainly won't buy Starfield at launch. I don't buy bethesda games at launch the amount of story expansions it gonna have its better to wait for full goty edition package before commiting. Likely playing BD3 first once it get some good discounts on PS5. Right now playing JRPG Trail to Azure then Trails to Reverie so I am not in rush to play either.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1280 Posts

I'll play both, but Starfield might be something to play later on 'cause of mods.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts

There's only 1 platform that can answer that question, no?

PC and Xbox get both. I think Xbox was very "fortunate " in that Baldur's Gatr 3 won't release with Starfield.

Playstation-only players don't actually have a choice.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11704 Posts

BG3, can't see Starfield being as good.

Drifter1924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Drifter1924
Member since 2023 • 79 Posts

I'm going to be enjoying both sooner or later. Ain't no way I'm missing any of these games I've been excited for for a while.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58503 Posts

Both!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I like games such as Baldur's Gate 3 and appreciate their quality, sadly those sort of classic RPG adventures just aren't for me now in adulthood as they were for me when I was younger.

So I guess what I am saying is--assuming Starfield is as good if not better than Skyrim--I would rather be playing Starfield.

But BG3 is fantastic and it's my main game right now, which is a testament to its quality because as I said those games aren't really for me these days.

*To clarify, I think BG3 will be better than Starfield. Like from a top to bottom, just a much better game. But I think I will enjoy playing Starfield more due to my preference.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

The good one.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By judaspete  Online
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

@mrbojangles25: "*To clarify, I think BG3 will be better than Starfield. Like from a top to bottom, just a much better game. But I think I will enjoy playing Starfield more due to my preference."

I came in here to basically say this. Sci fi is more my thing, and I'm itching for some spaceship combat these days.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58503 Posts

@judaspete said:

@mrbojangles25: "*To clarify, I think BG3 will be better than Starfield. Like from a top to bottom, just a much better game. But I think I will enjoy playing Starfield more due to my preference."

I came in here to basically say this. Sci fi is more my thing, and I'm itching for some spaceship combat these days.

Yeah same. Hopefully Starfield can hold me over until Star Citizen is releas--

...can't even finish that sentence. SC will be out...someday? Maybe?

But Starfield! YEAH!

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@last_lap: Just bought it last night. The first one is a top 10 game of all time for me.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Baldur's Gate for me. Never cared for Bethesda game's, so I doubt this one will be any different. If it gets really good reviews, I may give it a try.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1361 Posts

Baldurs Gate 3 for me, I’m hoping it really captures the feel of a TTRPG experience.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Last_Lap

@joshrmeyer said:

@last_lap: Just bought it last night. The first one is a top 10 game of all time for me.

Good to see others with some good gaming taste on here who don't rely on scores to tell them what a good or bad game is. It was a top 5 for me last gen and is now one of the best series ever.

You're in for a real treat with 2, I did a 12hrs+ stint on the game yesterday and wanted more. The levels are so much bigger and re-rolling levels is going to be fun.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#34 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19681 Posts

BG3 looks like the more interesting game. Starfield looks like a generic Bethesda game. BG3 looks more unique.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#35 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70399 Posts

@davillain said:

Can't really answer those questions as I haven't played either of those games...much less Starfield isn't even out yet to validate an answer anyway.

It is more of a desire for Starfield to fail knowing it is not coming to the PS5. Expect more threads like this in the future.😂

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19599 Posts

@qui-gon-milk said:

I’m more hyped for Starfield but Baldurs Gate 3 looks awesome. Anyone been playing it perfectly fine solo?

Yes, it's as much of a solo game as Mass Effect or Dragon Age Origins.

You can play it as a multiplayer game, but then you might miss out on chunks of the story (since the companions' backstories tie in with the main story).

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

@last_lap said:

Remnant 2.

It's good game, I put like 60hours in to it with friends before bg3 came out, might go back to it later now that they are fixing some stuff

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Starfield. Im playing BG3 right now actually and I'm literally falling asleep with these slow and clunky turn-based combat scenarios. I dread each time I run into a battle in this game. Worse than watching paint dry.

Honestly, how are you guys liking this game? Is it just a nerd/D&D fanboy thing saying it's top 10 of all time?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Going to be playing both, its like you have the option to play more than one game

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#40  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25060 Posts

Starfield.

some Hipsters will choose baldurs gate 3 to looks cool.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2258 Posts

BG3 is probably the greatest rpg that has released since TW3 ( and might even be better!), Starfield is most likely going to be another buggy Bethesda game that is only good because of the “freedom” to do anything… which imo often is just an excuse for lack of story and narrative driven quests!

Sooo BG3 wins by default

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

I will of course primarily enjoy BG3. 47 hours in in just 10 days. Will probably be 60-80 hours by the time Starfield is out.

I will however be able to enjoy both.

But BG3 >>> Starfield and it isn't even close

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Last_Lap

@howmakewood said:
@last_lap said:

Remnant 2.

It's good game, I put like 60hours in to it with friends before bg3 came out, might go back to it later now that they are fixing some stuff

What issues did the PC version have?

I'm on Series X and i've had the game crash to the dashboard once and noticed some frame drops a couple of times in my 30hrs so far. I'm more than happy with it.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@qui-gon-milk: Yeah. 45 of my 47.5 hours have been solo. I made a new char and did some co op with a random. It was fun but solo is perfect.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1409 Posts

I'd Rather play both,and i can!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidGame_basic

@last_lap: you have a Series X? I thought that is too modern for you. Downgrade to the S while you have a chance!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Both >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BS Jive's 1st party movie-games. ;o

Well, I suppose you could say they haven't had a 1st party game launch in quite a while. BS Jive has no games. lol :P

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

@last_lap said:
@howmakewood said:
@last_lap said:

Remnant 2.

What issues did the PC version have?

I'm on Series X and i've had the game crash to the dashboard once and noticed some frame drops a couple of times in my 30hrs so far. I'm more than happy with it.

the same bugs that were on console version too, some encounters not properly triggering, not getting rewards for beating the game etc

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Both >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BS Jive's 1st party movie-games. ;o

Well, I suppose you could say they haven't had a 1st party game launch in quite a while. BS Jive has no games. lol :P

spiderman2 (1st party movie game) going to be more popular than starfield.

just saying. im excited for both though.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#50 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4585 Posts

I will happily be playing both.

I have loved Larian ever since the original Divinity game on pc many years ago now. The openness of that game blew me away, so I have high expectations for Baldur's Gate.

Starfield looks like it is a game that will eat hundreds of hours just exploring the worlds.

Gamers who get to get to play both don't lose out on either experience.