Would you have preferred Silent Hills over Death Stranding?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

My current feeling would be yes. I’m just not feeling the Death Stranding videos so far. And I love Hideo Kojima. They’re just very vague and cryptic and just really weird, but not in a good way. Silent Hills was going to be an amazing game. You only had to play the PT trailer to know that. Such a shame they did away with it. Anyway, I hope Death Stranding grows on me. But for now, it’s just wait and see.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

I have no clue what Death Stranding is so.... I dunno

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

No, I don’t think so. While I did enjoy the early Silent Hill games and definitely would have liked to have seen another come out and potentially be a great one I would say that I am more intrigued with what Death Stranding is looking to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

This is a tough one, but at the same time, not tough at all. Part of me is super hyped for Death Stranding. I really think it is going to be Kojima's best work. I don't know, it's just a feeling. But it's a strong feeling.

And another part of me is a DIEHARD Silent Hill fan. In this respect, there is no question. I'd take Silent Hills in a heartbeat. The game getting canceled was, in my eyes, probably the most disappointing thing that has ever happened in terms of video games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58951 Posts

Death Standing look as if Kojima will go into full overindulgence mode and we will just end up with a garbled mess.

So yea, with Silent Hill he would probably have some external influence to reel it back, where as with Death Standing he's doing what he wants, which isn't always the best thing.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

No.

jorzorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 jorzorz
Member since 2017 • 114 Posts

silent hill has not been good since ps2. I liked shattered memories but it was not a true silent hill, plus it was short as hell. The series is sadly dead to me. Even if konami makes a good version of the game some day, after so many awful silent hill games i cant trust the brand anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Definitely.

I have zero interest in Death Stranding especially after the new trailer this week. It looks like a weird, pretentious movie by a man who clearly no longer has anybody to reel him back in. He's a creative person, but it's not always a good idea for a creative person to have a blank check and complete freedom to do whatever they want since that can often result in a mess. Sometimes a creative person needs a filter and constraints to channel their creativity into a good product.

While I haven't been a fan of Konami in many years, I think that they would have at least kept Kojima from going overboard and got better output from him as a result. Just the little bit we got of Silent Hills before it was cancelled was already better than everything that we have seen from Death Stranding. Silent Hills already had some actual gameplay and not just a bunch of random weird abstract cut-scenes that Kojima loves a little too much.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

No, but I don't know why I'm saying no.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

sure. death stranding so far doesnot looks like a game. we dont even know anything gameplay wise. what kind of game it is. its stealth game? a shooter? action? dont know. and they are making trailers shown nothing happen.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

Yeah, I guess. Silent Hill is cool. They haven't even shown 1 second of game for Death Stranding. Hard to be excited from some weird cgi.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Nah I'm not really a huge Silent Hill fan though so bring on Death Stranding. Wish he would have hold off these fans trailer plays till they actually have a gameplay. This is Kojima with Sony somehow I knew that shit was going to get amplified. At the end of the day kojima while he loves his cinematics he still a good ol classic Japanese dev. He will get creative with gameplay mechanics with this open world action game. I just prefer anticipating that than what silent hill was going to be. Whats sort of online elements will this have also. I'm really intrigued with this thing and looking forward to all the cinematic shit that accompanies it too.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Either one would be cool, but if I had to guess, Death Stranding will be more my thing.

As cool as the PT demo was, action games just suit me better. And Kojima makes some damn good action games. MGSV still has some of my favorite gameplay this gen, so if Death Strandings gameplay is on that level, but packed into a more well structured game, it's gonna be something great.

Seeing as we have zero gameplay footage for Death Stranding, seems a bit silly to say either way, but I'm not expecting Kojima to choke here either. Aside from maybe MGS3, his games have always been these very lopsided experiences. Still, he always manages to deliver on fun and interesting mechanics, great level design, tons of creativity, and gameplay systems that offer plenty of depth and replay value.

With Sony backing him full on, and with the engine he's been given to work with, I'm expecting something damn good.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Yes, PT was a fun demo. The DS stuff I have seen so far is just weird.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Theres still info available about the game. Itll be a third person optional shooter with unique online mechanics.

He stressed that games focus on sticks(weapons) instead of ropes and death stranding will shine light in the rope

So you can exspect some fluid co op aswell. You guys remember how ace mgs5s gameplay was.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

Silent Hills would've been dope but Death Stranding is more my thing since it's stealth action.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Yes. Silent Hills would have at least forced Kojima to make a better story in his career.(His stories didn't even manage to become as deep as Team Silent Silent Hill games.)

He should have made a spiritual successor to Silent Hills.(He should have just changed the name to something else and Konami couldn't do anything about it)

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I want a tactical action stealth silent hill game.

Imagine sneaking through vents and getting and finding one of those monsters with claws in your face.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I am happy he has full creative control and I am happy he has found himself in a position where he is well supported in that independence. I am more hyped for Death Stranding than Silent Hills.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Nah.

DS is, at the very least, intriguing.

P.T. was great and SHs would have been great but I want new IPs and ideas. I'm tired of the same franchises over and over again...

People say DS looks convoluted because of Kojima's weirdness but maybe it isnt as convoluted as people think it is. This video may make some sense out of it

Loading Video...

If some of this end up being true, I must say I'm very, very intrigued by the premise

deadlyyraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deadlyyraven
Member since 2017 • 27 Posts

Obvious that Silent Hills.

That was going to much much more atmospheric game that Death Stranding. Death Stranding is actually still a big secret and I won't be surprised if it was like that to premiere of the game. I mean, I totally love Hideo Kojima and Metal Gear series but what the **** is going to be with Death Stranding?

Silent Hills was going to be amazing reboot of this series. I personally love Silent Hill and my favorite part was 2, just like many other people, and I think Kojima would go that way. But no, Kojima decided to cancel SH to create his new IP that we know nothing about.

I personally don't like secret games, because that frustrating me when I'm waiting for game and I don't know anything about it. Especially when it's Kojima game.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#23 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

From what I seen with Death Stranding,No I am not pumped for the game. I would have loved to have seen a new installment in the Silent Hill series. Disappointed it's also a PS4 exclusive. ? In my opinion.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

If Kojima was allowed to work on Silent Hills then yes I would of chose to have it then Death Stranding. Not only was the demo awesome, but I'm sure that the full game would of been great and could of saved the Silent Hill series. But sadly we will never have that game so now it's Death Stranding which I hope turns out good.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#25 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Can't say. There isn't anything known about the game Death Stranding. Three cg trailers and we've been shown nothing of substance regarding what we'll be doing in game.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Yes. I'm a huge Silent Hill fan so I was so hyped for it.

As far as Death Stranding...I have the feeling that without anyone who puts Kojima on check, he is just going to do weird and nonsensical things.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

No. I'm up for original ip's.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

No. Death Stranding is a new IP and looks more interesting.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

I'm leaning hard towards probably. I still think PT is the best thing I've played in the past 5-10 years.