Would you go PC gamer if u had a lot of money

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#101 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="subrosian"]

It takes a serious case of denial to say "no". Why would any gamer with the cash to PC game choose not to? It has the most exclusives of any platform this generation - in fact, it has more AA+ rated exclusives than the Wii, PS3, and 360 *combined*. Now that's saying something. If you have the money, why not get every system? Why limit yourself?

lowe0
There's a difference. I have a gaming PC, but that doesn't make me a PC gamer.

Umm.. if you play PC games, you're a PC gamer. It's like saying "I smoke cigarettes, but I'm not a smoker" or "I drive a car, but I'm not a driver". Yes, yes you are.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I wouldn't be a PC gamer, ever

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#103 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
I'm looking at the possibility of saving money to build a rig now. I don't think I'll be buying consoles after this gen. Got BC PS3 so still got a lot of PS2 to play; Elite plays xbox and still haven't played all of this gens; Wii has so many games plus Gamecube ones I never played. I'm set on consoles.
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

I would. But I also like gaming consoles & don't want to miss out on exclusives/console only multiplats that I'll like.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#105 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="subrosian"]

It takes a serious case of denial to say "no". Why would any gamer with the cash to PC game choose not to? It has the most exclusives of any platform this generation - in fact, it has more AA+ rated exclusives than the Wii, PS3, and 360 *combined*. Now that's saying something. If you have the money, why not get every system? Why limit yourself?

subrosian

Umm.. if you play PC games, you're a PC gamer. It's like saying "I smoke cigarettes, but I'm not a smoker" or "I drive a car, but I'm not a driver". Yes, yes you are.

Wow. Denial, huh.
mibukin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#106 mibukin
Member since 2009 • 544 Posts

I would upgrade my pc since i might as well with enough money.

games i'd play. Hentai games, which i already can

rhythm games like stepmania and maybe i'll give osu a try which i havent gotten around to yet.

maybe mugen occasionally which agian i already can

driving sims: yeah i guess i can play LFS with higher res and maybe rfactor or something. i'd also get a g25.

thats about it, pc basically sucks for real gaming for anything else. I dont like MMO and don't like FPS games so i think upgrading tv and getting a ps3, better peripherals is better for gaming. i might do both though

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="cainetao11"][QUOTE="subrosian"][QUOTE="lowe0"] Umm.. if you play PC games, you're a PC gamer. It's like saying "I smoke cigarettes, but I'm not a smoker" or "I drive a car, but I'm not a driver". Yes, yes you are.

Wow. Denial, huh.

It drives me nuts. I game on *every* platform this generation, I played on every platform last generation, and the generation before that, all the way back to the literal dawn of gaming in the arcades. I do not get how people who call themselves "gamers" deny that they are all types of gamers, or would refuse to be a part of a platform. Really? You don't want to play *videogames*? -

I wouldn't be a PC gamer, ever

BPoole96
Why not? Consoles are simply low-end PCs with a controllers strapped to them, what difference would it make?
abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
It is not about money that I'm a PC gamer, it's about the games. And PC gaming isn't that expensive anyways is it!?
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
PC gaming is the cheapest really. And when you add in all the DD retails with their outrageous weekend deals...all i can say is...PC WINS...AS USUAL! ...oh may i also mention DLCs that are usually free too? :)
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I've been a PC gamer for many years (1994 -2002)and definately will get a gaming PC (hopefully early next year)... Atmgot other priorities soam not in a position to spend XXX money on building a nice gaming PC which i canmaybe use for 2/3 yrs..

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

I don't have a lot of cash and I am a PC gamer.... with no interest in consoles... so, yeah. :|

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
for me pc gaming is cheaper. try rendering a complex 3d model on a celeron, you will be there all week. plus here in nz with console games now hitting $130-$150 while games on steam are $50us ($75nz) any extra is quickly made back on games.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

i love FPS but i hate the mouse and keyboard. go figure?

kobraka1
plug in the 360 controller in most fps problem solved. plays just like a xbox game.
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

[QUOTE="hy4k"]it's not actually that expensive. the games are cheaper, the online is free and a good graphics card can last you more than a few years consoles are just amateur/casual versions of the pc this gen. the pc is much better if you know what you're doingRichymisiak
i want to get into pc gaming, but my pc is awful [dell dimension 5000 with an intel pentium 4:( ], so whats holding me back is my pc. I want to get a new pc for gaming but the choices are a bit daunting

Heh, you think thats bad.....try playing on a Gateway powered by a Pentium 3.:(

Shoooryuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Shoooryuken
Member since 2009 • 969 Posts
Can't play BlazBlue, Tekken, Final Fantasy, Mario, Zelda or other awesome Franchises on PC. If it weren't for that.. I'd probably be a PC Gamer.
Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 Communistsheep
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

subrosian
How is it denial. I don't like keyboard and mouse, i already have enough games to look forward too, i don't like sitting on a chair on a small screen, i can't play with 4 friend burnout or halo 3 for example. I love it how you assume that anyone who isn't willing to play on pc has no valid reason to do so.
Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Communistsheep
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts
[QUOTE="kobraka1"]

i love FPS but i hate the mouse and keyboard. go figure?

imprezawrx500
plug in the 360 controller in most fps problem solved. plays just like a xbox game.

Then get mauled by everyone using a keyboard and mouse.
Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts

I don't have a lot of money and I'm a PC gamer.

Seriously I'm pretty damn poor - student, no job etc. I just know where to look for cheap games and I only upgrade my rig when it's absolutely necessary.

HenriH-42

i'm same, if i was a millionaire though i would upgrade it every month for no real reason, just to say i'm rich!

( i also own consoles and a handhelds too, so i'm not exclusively pc!)

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
[QUOTE="subrosian"]

lowe0

Cognitive dissonance is fun.
KalEl370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 KalEl370
Member since 2007 • 907 Posts

I have the money and already game some on the PC, but I much prefer consoles.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
[QUOTE="lowe0"]There's a difference. I have a gaming PC, but that doesn't make me a PC gamer.Danm_999
Cognitive dissonance is fun.

How so? Come on, you've read my posts. What do I even remotely have in common with PC gamers? I play my multiplats on console - I even tried GTA IV on PC, but went back to the 360 version because I didn't really see much of a difference. I'm planning on getting Wolfenstein, AC2, CoD:MW2 and Borderlands on PS3. I spend more time playing Guitar Hero or Rock Band than I do everything on PC put together. I prefer a gamepad for FPS over M/K. Does that sound like a PC gamer to you?
fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 fize4ever
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

i have a few PC games and not looking for more but it dont cost that much

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

It's the only thing stopping me from being a PC gamer.

Xander818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Xander818
Member since 2009 • 115 Posts

If I had the money, and most important good broadband, hell yeah i would be full pc gamer.

60-player COD4 and Modern Warfare 2 its just too awesome.

NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts

I've been pc gaming ni the past. Since I moved in with my girlfriend it's been mainly console gaming. I can afford to get a gaming pc, I'm just not into it that much anymore. It's hard to say why, I just enjoy console gaming more nowadays. I do occasionally replay some games I played in the past, usually Black Isle RPG's. I also play some poker on the net now and then, but that isn;t really gaming I guess.