Would an Uncharted reboot featuring Nathan Drakes daughter be better than Tomb Raider?

• 71 results
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts
@BassMan said:
@ermacness said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@TheEroica said:

Uncharted is the video game version of tylenol PM. I'm playing quantum break right now and all I keep thinking is how this is an uncharted movie game with more depth and more fun gameplay. It's a total head scratcher how uncharted games score above a 6.

Yeah it's a strange world where Uncharted scores so well and people seem to just pan Quantum Break which, while not a great game, is a lot more fun than Uncharted and every bit as cinematic (if that's your thing).

@ermacness said:

Especially since the Uncharted games was seemingly the groundwork for the rebooted Tomb Raider series.

And Tomb Raider laid the groundwork for Uncharted...

...and Prince of Persia laid the groundwork for og Tomb Raider...

...and Indiana Jones inspired them all!

It's the ciirrrrrrcle of liiiiiife!

I find that very hard to believe seeing that only the shooting is the only remote thing that both Uncharted and the original Tomb Raider games shares. To me, the reboot was more inspired by Uncharted than the other way around due to the reboot basically becoming a cinematic driven experience just like Uncharted to the point where some of the fans of the ”OG” games called the reboot a “poor man’s Uncharted“.

Uncharted is a third person action adventure with a treasure hunter who raids tombs, shoot guns, solves puzzles, and hangs on to ledges. Sound familiar? Uncharted was very much born out of Tomb Raider. Don't be silly or naive.

The difference is that the original TR played NOTHING like Uncharted, while the reboot of TR played very similar to Uncharted.

At least to me it does.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58489 Posts

@ermacness said:
@BassMan said:
@ermacness said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@TheEroica said:

Uncharted is the video game version of tylenol PM. I'm playing quantum break right now and all I keep thinking is how this is an uncharted movie game with more depth and more fun gameplay. It's a total head scratcher how uncharted games score above a 6.

Yeah it's a strange world where Uncharted scores so well and people seem to just pan Quantum Break which, while not a great game, is a lot more fun than Uncharted and every bit as cinematic (if that's your thing).

@ermacness said:

Especially since the Uncharted games was seemingly the groundwork for the rebooted Tomb Raider series.

And Tomb Raider laid the groundwork for Uncharted...

...and Prince of Persia laid the groundwork for og Tomb Raider...

...and Indiana Jones inspired them all!

It's the ciirrrrrrcle of liiiiiife!

I find that very hard to believe seeing that only the shooting is the only remote thing that both Uncharted and the original Tomb Raider games shares. To me, the reboot was more inspired by Uncharted than the other way around due to the reboot basically becoming a cinematic driven experience just like Uncharted to the point where some of the fans of the ”OG” games called the reboot a “poor man’s Uncharted“.

Uncharted is a third person action adventure with a treasure hunter who raids tombs, shoot guns, solves puzzles, and hangs on to ledges. Sound familiar? Uncharted was very much born out of Tomb Raider. Don't be silly or naive.

The difference is that the original TR played NOTHING like Uncharted, while the reboot of TR played very similar to Uncharted.

At least to me it does.

I think we might be focusing too much on strictly the gameplay elements instead of the overall gist of the games.

Both (all) games are third-person, action-adventure games where the player character is some daring adventurer exploring old stuff for riches, all while battling enemies that want the same thing but are bad because...reasons. There's guns, dramatic villains, sexy heroes, old mentors, banter...there's a lot in common.

However, Uncharted is not solely inspired by Tomb Raider--no doubt some of it is inspired by Gears of War, other games, and some original ideas--but I don't think we should nitpick it to death.

Nor should we think it a negative to be inspired by Tomb Raider (or any game), or that being inspired by a game at all is somehow taking away from the game.

There are very few original ideas in AAA development, to be frank. It's more iterations, improvements, and inspirations.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#53 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@randy_lahey said:

Yes. Tomb raider sucks so bad. The reboots were hilariously shitty

I agree... They were only ten times better than the uncharted games.

yup

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56374 Posts

@xantufrog said:
@TheEroica said:
@randy_lahey said:

yup

I also second this!

Especially Lara has a nice booty to look at😉😎

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@davillain: right?

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1650 Posts

If a game was made with Nathan's daughter it would still be an uncharted game. The uncharted protagonist is thief, and the setting is more 'real world' compared to Tomb Raider's very 'Indiana Jones' type setting with its ancient tombs and mysticism.

In contrast, Tomb Raider's Lara is a archaeologist/adventurer following in the footsteps of her father. Unlike Drake, she's not a thief. Lara's motivations are entirely different to those of Drake.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 774 Posts

One thing I'm sure it will be better than Tomb Raider is animations.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 921 Posts

Sounds like most in this thread want Uncharted to fade off into the sunset

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13091 Posts

@davillain said:
@xantufrog said:
@TheEroica said:
@randy_lahey said:

yup

I also second this!

Especially Lara has a nice booty to look at😉😎

Wait till you see mine! ❤️

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@simple-facts said:

@kathaariancode:

Don't tell cows one of their precious first party games was partly inspired by Xbox studios

What an inspiration

Why are you posting Steam numbers?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By KvallyX
@BassMan said:
@ermacness said:

Nailed it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@simple-facts said:

@kathaariancode:

Don't tell cows one of their precious first party games was partly inspired by Xbox studios

What an inspiration

Cuz you don't have MS numbers🤡

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@simple-facts said:

@kathaariancode:

What an inspiration

Steam numbers are as pointless as your posts.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@simple-facts said:

@kathaariancode:

What an inspiration

Steam numbers are as pointless as your posts.

Because there are better numbers and better posters? No such thing, sorry.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@BassMan said:
@ermacness said:

Nailed it.

You just had to get your 2 cents in huh?

Talk about needing to feel validated.

vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#66 vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8697 Posts

@Ibacai said:

How could anyone possibly answer if it would be better than Tomb Raider since it’s imaginary? Silly.

As for if they should do it, no I don’t think so. It’s ok for games or franchises to end. It’s the natural order and allows for new things to come along.

I think it's only a good thing in some cases. That mentality could absolutely destroy a community and not only that, but when enough people are requesting a game that should be considered best for business. If they are not requesting a particular game that is a more natural order of how things should die in a market.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50650 Posts

Uncharted has always been better than tomb raider, especially the newer ones.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2963 Posts

@kvallyx: Nathan Drake? He is an Indian Jones wannabee. But doesn't quite have the balls that Indy does.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56374 Posts

@pmanden said:

@kvallyx: Nathan Drake? He is an Indian Jones wannabee. But doesn't quite have the balls that Indy does.

Yeah lol.

(In an alter universe, Indy has tow grown kids and want to prove themselves which one is the best Treasure Hunter like their old man)

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14010 Posts

I think the only things we can be certain of is that she'd use a bow and arrow, and she wouldn't be into dude's.

davidoliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 davidoliver
Member since 2023 • 3 Posts

Determining whether an Uncharted reboot featuring Nathan Drake's daughter would be better than Tomb Raider is subjective and depends on personal preferences. Both Uncharted and Tomb Raider are highly regarded video game franchises with their own unique storytelling, characters, and gameplay.

An Uncharted reboot with Nathan Drake's daughter as the protagonist could offer a fresh perspective and continuation of the beloved Uncharted series. It would allow for new character development, storylines, and exploration while potentially retaining the charm and adventure elements that made the original series successful.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 KvallyX

@ermacness: 3 cents actually. Money is no object.