Worst gaming console? the XBOX 360?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 jmdude
Member since 2007 • 2521 Posts

A warranty company claims the Xbox 360 has a failure rate five times higher than other gaming consoles.

yup it's true, the xbox 360s the worst gaming console in terms of hardware performance and any other things that the PS3 win.

here's the link:

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/red-ring-of-failure/1192354

Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts
This is hardly news. Regardless, it's a shame--the 360 has some great games. If it were a more reliable system, I'd buy one in a second. Unfortunately for M$, I refuse to pay for a product that is a proven piece of junk.
DeadToFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DeadToFall
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts
theirs already another thread on this
jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts
In terms of hardware? Yea. In terms of games/online? Hill no
lathan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 lathan94
Member since 2007 • 482 Posts
I must be the luckiest person in the world i havent had one little tiny problem out of my 360 since ive had it which is over a year. Is this an amazing feat or something.
jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jmdude
I must be the luckiest person in the world i havent had one little tiny problem out of my 360 since ive had it which is over a year. Is this an amazing feat or something.lathan94
lucky for you, my friend's 360 died 2 times, he had to let it be repaired in the first time it broke. On the second time it broke, he quitted. Never gonna buy a 360 after the ROFL...
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts

[QUOTE="lathan94"]I must be the luckiest person in the world i havent had one little tiny problem out of my 360 since ive had it which is over a year. Is this an amazing feat or something.jmdude
lucky for you, my friend's 360 died 2 times, he had to let it be repaired in the first time it broke. On the second time it broke, he quitted. Never gonna buy a 360 after the ROFL...

Sure we always believe the 'my friend and every living relative are on their 4th or 5th 350' stories posted in here. This is obviously the cows hobby...

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

been posted before, and worst console? um no the article says nothing about worst console just that it breaks.

it still has more games, higher scoring games, and sells more games then the ps3.

lol and yeah your FRIEND gave up on 360 cause he had 2 break well i have a pro launch and elite going strong and many FRIENDS that have never had a problem with the system.

The one that did joe got it replaced easily and got like a load of MS points for free by sayng his downloaded games wouldn't work any more.

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DXGreat1_HGL

been posted before, and worst console? um no the article says nothing about worst console just that it breaks.

it still has more games, higher scoring games, and sells more games then the ps3.

lol and yeah your FRIEND gave up on 360 cause he had 2 break well i have a pro launch and elite going strong and many FRIENDS that have never had a problem with the system.

The one that did joe got it replaced easily and got like a load of MS points for free by sayng his downloaded games wouldn't work any more.

WilliamRLBaker

Actually I think these Sony marketing people are getting desperate...

bigevil_rashek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 bigevil_rashek
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts

I must be the luckiest person in the world i havent had one little tiny problem out of my 360 since ive had it which is over a year. Is this an amazing feat or something.lathan94

I second that. I had one for over a year and not a single hiccup. Thew cows at this place overblow thr RROD thing out of proportions and act like you will get RROD the momment ypu start the thing. Ironic thing is, they act like Lems back when the PS2 launch, they used to say the moment you insert a disk into the PS2, the disk drive will fail and you will automatically get DRE! This shows how hypocrits fanboys are.

TheWiikestLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheWiikestLink
Member since 2006 • 1730 Posts
luckily mines never broke,but if it does im trading it in for a PS3....no hesitation,ive had it for a month,whats worth having the 360 with a decent library if u wont b able to play them?
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

There isnt such thing as worst console. Its what you prefer to play . Because if you say htat just in general,all would be PC gamers. You like 360 games go 360. If you dont like em doesnt mean is the worst console. So for any other console.

jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jmdude

WilliamRLBaker
live in the Philippines here. Prices are too high, yet almost all of us filipinos are poor. My friend can't afford his 360 fixed.
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts

A warranty company claims the Xbox 360 has a failure rate five times higher than other gaming consoles.

yup it's true, the xbox 360s the worst gaming console in terms of hardware performance and any other things that the PS3 win.

here's the link:

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/red-ring-of-failure/1192354

jmdude

360 is above PS3 in graphics and harware, yup it's true

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
Ok my friend if your talking about the system in general yes its the worst but if your talking about the games you are sadly mistaken it has some freaking amazing games (cept Halo) i love the games but hate the system the reason why i sent my 360 in 3 times was just so i could keep plaing the games ohh and it was free :)
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts
This is nothing new, 360 is the worse built console in history but got the most good games atm.
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CommanderTy

[QUOTE="lathan94"]I must be the luckiest person in the world i havent had one little tiny problem out of my 360 since ive had it which is over a year. Is this an amazing feat or something.bigevil_rashek

I second that. I had one for over a year and not a single hiccup. Thew cows at this place overblow thr RROD thing out of proportions and act like you will get RROD the momment ypu start the thing. Ironic thing is, they act like Lems back when the PS2 launch, they used to say the moment you insert a disk into the PS2, the disk drive will fail and you will automatically get DRE! This shows how hypocrits fanboys are.

Altho i really hate RROD some fanboys really use it so much and blow it way out of proportion its sick ive gotten it 3 times and sold it on the return of it from its 3rd time but it didnt happen like bam i played the crap outa my system and im pritty sure that was what the cause was i would always pull all nighters and stuff my 360 would be on 24/7 i miss it tho
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

[QUOTE="jmdude"][QUOTE="lathan94"]I must be the luckiest person in the world i havent had one little tiny problem out of my 360 since ive had it which is over a year. Is this an amazing feat or something.DXGreat1_HGL

Sure we always believe the 'my friend and every living relative are on their 4th or 5th 350' stories posted in here. This is obviously the cows hobby...

Mah cousin twice removed said he aint heard nuthin' o' RROD so I ain't believin' it

jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jmdude

[QUOTE="jmdude"][QUOTE="lathan94"]I must be the luckiest person in the world i havent had one little tiny problem out of my 360 since ive had it which is over a year. Is this an amazing feat or something.DXGreat1_HGL

well, if you're saying that then you're wrong. Not all can afford buying game consoles. Are you aware that a quarter of filipinos only get 1 peso a day? A peso can only let you buy a candy. here in the philippines you won't survive, except when you have the money. My friend can't afford getting his 360 fixed TWICE. You better think first before posting. Lucky for you, you have the money to get food, study and buy videogames. While others can't even buy the food that they need to sustain in their life.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

[QUOTE="jmdude"][QUOTE="lathan94"]I must be the luckiest person in the world i havent had one little tiny problem out of my 360 since ive had it which is over a year. Is this an amazing feat or something.jmdude

well, if you're saying that then you're wrong. Not all can afford buying food, here in the philippines you won't survive, except when you have the money. My friend can't afford getting his 360 fixed TWICE. You better think first before posting.

lol....your friend cant afford to buy food but can afford an 360? and you obviously live in the phillippines...how did you manage to afford an ps3? lol your argument has fallen apart.

jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jmdude
[QUOTE="jmdude"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

[QUOTE="jmdude"][QUOTE="lathan94"]I must be the luckiest person in the world i havent had one little tiny problem out of my 360 since ive had it which is over a year. Is this an amazing feat or something.WilliamRLBaker

well, if you're saying that then you're wrong. Not all can afford buying food, here in the philippines you won't survive, except when you have the money. My friend can't afford getting his 360 fixed TWICE. You better think first before posting.

lol....your friend cant afford to buy food but can afford an 360? and you obviously live in the phillippines...how did you manage to afford an ps3? lol your argument has fallen apart.

I'm talking about the ones who are poor. What do you think i am, a guy who lives in a dumpster? Have some Common sense please. And i don't have a PS3 yet, going to buy one this month.
F4t4lity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 F4t4lity
Member since 2008 • 219 Posts

it would ok say that if you didn't have a PS3 sig

flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts

Best gaming console? The XBOX 360?

See what I did there..

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
xbox 360 is the best gaming console ever and i wouldnt mind if my 360 got RRODed coz its only gonna take a week for MS to send me a new one and 1 week is nothing compared to years awesome gameplay it has provided me
Subcritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 Subcritical
Member since 2004 • 2286 Posts

xbox 360 is the best gaming console ever and i wouldnt mind if my 360 got RRODed coz its only gonna take a week for MS to send me a new one and 1 week is nothing compared to years awesome gameplay it has provided memingo123

Actually the console itself, is riddled with QC issues. This has been well documented through the media and is further evidenced by the fact that MS was pratically forced to provide an extensive warranty to cover the problems.

If you seperate the games from the console, and focus soley on the hardware, its a piece of junk.

And lets face it, the games on the Xbox really have nothing to do with the Xbox itself. The PC can easily play any game on the Xbox, and do it better.

Also, any game on the Xbox could easily be run by the PS3 hardware if said game was coded for the PS3. There is nothing magical about the Xbox that gives it the power over other hardware choices (other than the Wii). It just has the better library of games at the moment over the PS3, and this has nothing to do with hardware or architecture superiority.

james28893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 james28893
Member since 2007 • 3252 Posts

I play games, not hardware failure rates.

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
Lems claim down they mean worse from a technical stand point.
james28893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 james28893
Member since 2007 • 3252 Posts

[QUOTE="mingo123"]xbox 360 is the best gaming console ever and i wouldnt mind if my 360 got RRODed coz its only gonna take a week for MS to send me a new one and 1 week is nothing compared to years awesome gameplay it has provided meSubcritical

Actually the console itself, is riddled with QC issues. This has been well documented through the media and is further evidenced by the fact that MS was pratically forced to provide an extensive warranty to cover the problems.

If you seperate the games from the console, and focus soley on the hardware, its a piece of junk.

And lets face it, the games on the Xbox really have nothing to do with the Xbox itself. The PC can easily play any game on the Xbox, and do it better.

Also, any game on the Xbox could easily be run by the PS3 hardware if said game was coded for the PS3. There is nothing magical about the Xbox that gives it the power over other hardware choices (other than the Wii). It just has the better library of games at the moment over the PS3, and this has nothing to do with hardware or architecture superiority.

The PC could easily play any game on any console though.

Zenfoldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zenfoldor
Member since 2003 • 1775 Posts

luckily mines never broke,but if it does im trading it in for a PS3....no hesitation,ive had it for a month,whats worth having the 360 with a decent library if u wont b able to play them?TheWiikestLink

My 360 broke when I had a house full of company playing Guitar Hero 3. It was very embarrasing.

I got it fixed, and sold it, bought a PS3.

The 360 is the worst console. Every 360 will eventually break according to wikipedia.

It's like saying "My gun isn't the worst gun, because it fires the coolest looking bullets with the biggest impact, but unfortunately, it has a 16-33 percent chance of failing in the heat of battle at any moment."

Dependability goes a LONG way for me, and most consumers. Fix rrod and your system can regain respect, but I'm never buying a MS console again.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
The PS3 deserves the title of worst gaming console.
roadkill88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 roadkill88
Member since 2005 • 2313 Posts

[QUOTE="lathan94"]I must be the luckiest person in the world i havent had one little tiny problem out of my 360 since ive had it which is over a year. Is this an amazing feat or something.jmdude

Owange approved.

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts

[QUOTE="jmdude"][QUOTE="lathan94"]I must be the luckiest person in the world i havent had one little tiny problem out of my 360 since ive had it which is over a year. Is this an amazing feat or something.roadkill88

Owange approved.

says the guy who gets owned in every of his trolling threads.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
Yep the 360 has the worst failure rate I can remember all my years gaming, but it has an amazing line up of games and the online functions are second only to PC. The customer support isn't too bad though or at least I can say it is better than Sony (but that doesn't say a lot because Sony are awful to deal with). Nintendo win reliability and customer relations in my opinion.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#34 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

[QUOTE="lathan94"]I must be the luckiest person in the world i havent had one little tiny problem out of my 360 since ive had it which is over a year. Is this an amazing feat or something.bigevil_rashek

i never saw 1 red ring in my life and i have a 360 since the 1st day!!!

in my opinion, worst game system is ps3!! the biggest failure that i remember. and i play games since master system and nes :D

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#35 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

[QUOTE="mingo123"]xbox 360 is the best gaming console ever and i wouldnt mind if my 360 got RRODed coz its only gonna take a week for MS to send me a new one and 1 week is nothing compared to years awesome gameplay it has provided meSubcritical

for sure ps3 can run ant 360 game!

with bad textures and half hour instalations on the hard drive

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
More breaking news: the world is round.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts
so you guys think if mircosoft took there time and didnt rush to make the 360 wouldnt there have been rrod or what. cause i believe they wanted to rush out to release the new system so maybe thats why
bobsarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bobsarcasm
Member since 2007 • 233 Posts
The 360 breaks down a lot, that's a fact, but it doesn't mean it's the worst console ever. But, I'm not buying a 360 until Microsoft makes a 360 that is not as prone to break down.
-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Ninja_Dog-
Member since 2005 • 4197 Posts

Its a worry free console. If you get a new console and if something goes wrong with it, you get it fixed or replaced.

And its not like MS isn't or hasn't already improved the design.

All this talk of "I'm scared to get a 360 cuz it will break" is foolish and those that use this argument to put down the 360 is just trolling or flaming. And frankly living in the past.

Bottom line is Xbox 360 does alot of things right and has great games.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts
[QUOTE="bigevil_rashek"]

[QUOTE="lathan94"]I must be the luckiest person in the world i havent had one little tiny problem out of my 360 since ive had it which is over a year. Is this an amazing feat or something.PAL360

i never saw 1 red ring in my life and i have a 360 since the 1st day!!!

in my opinion, worst game system is ps3!! the biggest failure that i remember. and i play games since master system and nes :D

And yet your opinion still means nothing:D

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

jmdude

live in the Philippines here. Prices are too high, yet almost all of us filipinos are poor. My friend can't afford his 360 fixed.

You have no credibility when you say my friend this and my friend that. Who knows if your trying to spew bull**** to start a flame war. I refuse to take anyone seriously when their mother, brother, friend, father, ex girlfriend, boyfriend, whatever has this and that problem or any statement for that matter.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

More breaking news: the world is round. JPOBS

damn i thought it was square.

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CommanderTy

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]More breaking news: the world is round. sirk1264

hahahahh thats better than what i thought i was still thinking it was flat :(
Subcritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 Subcritical
Member since 2004 • 2286 Posts

Its a worry free console. If you get a new console and if something goes wrong with it, you get it fixed or replaced.

And its not like MS isn't or hasn't already improved the design.

All this talk of "I'm scared to get a 360 cuz it will break" is foolish and those that use this argument to put down the 360 is just trolling or flaming. And frankly living in the past.

Bottom line is Xbox 360 does alot of things right and has great games.

-Ninja_Dog-

Spoken like a true, professional Microsoft representative.

DarknessLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DarknessLion
Member since 2008 • 2305 Posts
[QUOTE="sirk1264"]

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]More breaking news: the world is round. CommanderTy

hahahahh thats better than what i thought i was still thinking it was flat :(

I was thinking that and the that the sun revolved around us i thought i was so smart. And i still think theres only two planets in are glaxies i feel so briaght cough, coguh
8BitsisEnough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 8BitsisEnough
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

I'd have to say that the XBox 360 by far has the worst made hardware of any system I've had. Just my personal opinion, don't take it as a statistic, but in my personal experience, I've had a console, a controller, and a few of the cords go bad. All that in less than a year. I would understand if it was after years of wear and tear, but in 10 months?

It's not just me, my brother's console had the RROD in just over a year. Of course, when he called, they said that the RROD meant he needed a new power cord (not covered under warranty) for 80 dollars. Finally they admitted it was a console issue under warranty, but it took more calls then it should have.

The problem mentioned in the article about the arcade games has happened to me as well. I'll have to try to ask for a refund in points, I didn't think of that idea.

Long story short, yeah it has great games, but the quality of the hardware has turned me away from buying another Microsoft console. And that's ignoring any issues with customer service, games mysteriously scratching, and XBox Live issues that others of had.

DarknessLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DarknessLion
Member since 2008 • 2305 Posts
^^Really the quality of the 360 has brought two in are house that are actaully still going. Neither one of them has never had a RROD or any mechanical problems. The first one weve had for about 7months and probaly plays more than most ps3 users even dare. And the second one is like brand new i got that one about 3 months ago.
Sangu1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Sangu1ne
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts

I like the rrod!!

I purchased a broken rrod xbox on ebay for 99p and fixed it with a few washers. Its been running fine for the last month. I just had to buy a HD (second hand), AV cable and Controller, so it cost about £50 in total and gave me something different to do on a sunday!

Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
It's getting annoying to see new topics every days about how the 360 hardware is unreliable, as if anyone on these forums don't know.
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DXGreat1_HGL

It's getting annoying to see new topics every days about how the 360 hardware is unreliable, as if anyone on these forums don't know.Tykain

What's even more annoying is the fact that most of the stories are just made up...