Wolfenstein II Producer: Xbox One X Is A Super Powerful Machine, Will Set New Standard For Games Moving Forward

• 60 results
neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By neversummer75
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

Wow.....the accolades just keep pouring in for the beast of a machine. These prolific developers are creaming their pants over this remarkable apparatus. Congratulations MS....great work on turning things around. Very impressive indeed. I can personally attest to the greatness of this little marvel. It has really made me fall in love with gaming all over again.

https://wccftech.com/wolfenstein-ii-xbox-one-x-super-powerful/

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59063 Posts

Because power resulted in Galaxy having weaker gameplay than Uncharted 4.

It will make you're shitty 20 minute cutscenes flashier.

Big wowee.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I can already hear the herd of cows approaching.

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

The haters are on the way

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@phbz said:

WATCH OUT EVERYONE HERE COMES THE FANBOYS!

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MooseWayne
Member since 2017 • 361 Posts

Executive Producer Jerk Gustafsson. Already a fan.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Xabiss

@neversummer75 said:

Wow.....the accolades just keep pouring in for the beast of a machine. These prolific developers are creaming their pants over this remarkable apparatus. Congratulations MS....great work on turning things around. Very impressive! I can personally attest to the greatness of this little marvel. It has really made me fall in love with gaming all over again.

https://wccftech.com/wolfenstein-ii-xbox-one-x-super-powerful/

You do know you can't post anything positive about the X here right?

In terms of visual quality it’s a lot closer to the high-end PCs than the regular consoles.

Oh boy that developer is going to get a lot of hermits panties in a wad.

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By neversummer75

@Xabiss: I'm sure the other consoles are fine, however the X just separates itself from the others. It really does rival my beast of a gaming PC. I'm very impressed. The thing just oozes quality. I will now be selling my gaming PC and my switch. I will be getting a laptop instead to use for work and school. The X will be my dedicated gaming and entertainment system going forward.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Accolades before launch, during launch, and after launch. Someone must have paid these devs to gush over The Mighty One X.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#10 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I does run great and looks great. Though, about the game... That wheelchair opening, great idea but atrocious execution.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Xabiss

@neversummer75 said:

@Xabiss: I'm sure the other consoles are fine, however the X just separates itself from the others. It really does rival my beast of a gaming PC. I'm very impressed. I will now be selling my gaming PC and my switch. I will be getting a laptop instead to use for work and school. The X will be my dedicated gaming and entertainment system going forward.

Really not a bad move. I have a nice gaming computer, Pro, X, and a Switch. I can game anyway I want and I don't miss out on much. To be honest I really do not do much on the PC anymore except work so it really is just a waste for me right now.

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By neversummer75

@Xabiss: ya, now that I have the X I have an excuse to finally bail on PC gaming. I'm so sick of having to constantly upgrade components and fiddling with drivers. I use to love PC gaming, but I simply don't have the time for it anymore. Furthermore, I don't want to spend the money constantly upgrading it. I have other hobbies I'd rather invest my money in. The X will serve all my gaming needs from here on out. It has allowed me to consolidate my gaming hobby.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

Hahaha, this whole console "upgrade" thing has me in stitches. So, instead of just buying one console, you now have to buy two to get the best experience. Didn't console gamers label this as a knock against PC because you have to "upgrade" to keep getting the best graphics? My, how the tables have turned.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#14 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

X1S support dropped by 2019 confirmed

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

It needs games first before it can set any standards in gaming

I'm sure it plays UHD bluray movies well though

UPDATE: just saw the other thread it can't even play UHD movies correctly TLHBO.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Grand......Ive been extremely impressed with the massive graphical upgrades on the games I've been playing, no kidding I sit further away from my tv now because of the increased resolution things are so much more better defined, even in the distance.

Bought WF2 yesterday on sale, can't wait to fire it up later. Here's a quote from the article :

"Indeed, Digital Foundry’s analysis confirmed that Wolfenstein II on Xbox One X sports one of the biggest leaps yet compared to the PS4 Pro version, while coming very close to high-end PCs."

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#17 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2958 Posts

@xantufrog said:

X1S support dropped by 2019 confirmed

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By neversummer75

@APiranhaAteMyVa: no games? Is that a joke? It has fantastic games and they all look and play like a dream. All this power is contained in a little sexy box. Love it! .This is the most fun I've had with gaming in a LONG time.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xantufrog  Moderator

@Sam3231: sorry :-(

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: "I sit further away from my tv now because of the increased resolution things are so much more better defined, even in the distance."

The further you sit from the tv, the better the res will look naturally lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Haven't checked the link so maybe this is out of context, but just going by your title it's a bit weird lol.

Usually when a new round of consoles drop (an actual new generation), whether or not PC gamers like to admit it, it does set new standards on the technical side. Especially so these days where just about ever big and demanding AAA title is multiplat. New consoles raise a new baseline across the board. All major developers jump on the new hardware capabilities and quickly abandon the previous hardware. Tools change, engines change, leg room really opens up for every facet of development, etc.

But in the case of the X1X, it's basically just doing what PCs already do, but to a lesser extent; running a lot of games that are built for lesser hardware, but with the extra leg room to run them in better form. In this case, mostly just resolution and/or performance with a few settings bumped up. The X1X is still tethered to what developers are creating and developers are still creating their games to run on the base versions of the PS4 and Xbone.

So I'm really not sure where this guy could be coming from. It's like saying the latest greatest GPU will "Set New Standard For Games Moving Forward". Obviously that's not how it works lol. The standard is whatever baseline hardware the industry at large happens to be targeting.

So unless this guy thinks that every major 3rd party dev is about to drop support for every other console and focus on X1X as the new baseline, then it's really just hyperbole. The X1X doesn't mark a new generation. It's just the best way to play current gen games on consoles.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xabiss

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

It needs games first before it can set any standards in gaming

I'm sure it plays UHD bluray movies well though

UPDATE: just saw the other thread it can't even play UHD movies correctly TLHBO.

Funny I have over 100+ games I play on mine. Huh!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22388 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@phbz said:

WATCH OUT EVERYONE HERE COMES THE FANBOYS!

Lmao. Run!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56192 Posts

@phbz said:

@jtothamtothap said:

The haters are on the way

Don't mind me you guys, I'm just a PC gamer here and watching System Wars show ^-^

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 neversummer75

@davillain-: PC gamers are the ones who should be more embarrassed than anyone else. A $499 machine pretty much rivals that of high end gaming rigs. Hahahaha!

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7711 Posts

@neversummer75 said:

@davillain-: PC gamers are the ones who should be more embarrassed than anyone else. A $499 machine pretty much rivals that of high end gaming rigs. Hahahaha!

Agreed, 40fps at 1080p in Gears of War at console settings is truly remarkable

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Yeah, this is where a person with a nice PC points out that the X1X isn't even in the same league as their machine. To which the fanboy replies with some lulzy shit about price, since suddenly power doesn't matter and now it's all about budget wars. In which case, why even bother with the X1X? If penny pinching is so important, just go with a cheaper console right? But no, no, $500 is the magic stopping point. The universal center of price for performance apparently.

SW goalposts 101.

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By neversummer75

@howmakewood: I said pretty much rival.....I did NOT say it matched it. What type of assclown would expect a $499 console to completely match a $1000+ gaming rig? Get out of mothers basement and clear your mind, hermit.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#29 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69680 Posts

icolyze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 icolyze
Member since 2003 • 27 Posts

Well, that's great for us PC users if the developers are able to up their game when developing for console and porting over to PC.

With that said, I don't see myself buying a console that can't compete with Sony or Nintendo when it comes to quality exclusives.

Avatar image for Suddenly_Wasted
Suddenly_Wasted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Suddenly_Wasted
Member since 2013 • 137 Posts
@neversummer75 said:

@howmakewood: I said pretty much rival.....I did NOT say it matched it.

Seems you should look up the definition of rival. One of its many synonyms is match, among others like equal or parallel.

Though even if it meant what you thought it meant, you would still be incorrect. None of these consoles are in the same ballpark as a high end PC. If you believe they are then you must also believe that the Xbox One X and the original PS4 are equals since the power gap there is much smaller than the power gap between the Xbox One X and a high end PC.

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By neversummer75

@Suddenly_Wasted: I said "pretty much rivaled". I think I'll take the word of well respected developers over a pathetic assclown any day of the week. You seem very defensive over the mighty X. That $3000 grand PC of yours seem like a bit if a waste now, huh? Mine sure does. Good thing I'm selling it.

Stop circle jerking over your PC and claiming to be king of the digital universe and get yourself a life( and a woman while you are at it). To get so defensive over a gaming console because it challenges the legitimacy/reason of your muti thousands dollar gaming rig is both pathetic and laughable.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Alucard_Prime

@joshrmeyer: I know what you mean but what I was trying to describe was that I usually sit from a specific distance from my TV, but since I got the X, no kidding I honestly started having minor discomfort/aches in my eyes, and I noticed I was sitting too close, and I now sit a few feet further away it's more relaxing it seems and I can still see small details on the TV from further away(like a small enemy in the far distance, I Can see it clearly...the games I've played so far on the X are crystal clear, nothing is blurry anymore lol). Previously, I sat closer because some of the smaller details I couldn't see too well from far away. I don't know if that makes sense, maybe it's something else.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xantufrog  Moderator

@ConanTheStoner: one penny more, or 1 gflops less, and it's a waste, duh

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61506 Posts

Pretty sure that's the case with any new-and-powerful machine releasing.

Avatar image for Suddenly_Wasted
Suddenly_Wasted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Suddenly_Wasted
Member since 2013 • 137 Posts

@neversummer75:

So "pretty much match", but not match. Ok. Whatever brand of mental gymnastics sits well with you I suppose, no worries.

The ad hominem is a bit uncalled for here. You may want to evaluate your own posting habits before calling others defensive. I responded to you with a sensible post. You responded to me with a childish insult, an appeal to authority, and a whole lot of baseless assumption. You're lashing out against reason because you're being defensive. Please don't project your issues onto me.

Thanks.

Back on the subject, no need to take the words of "pathetic assclowns" or the words of a producer at face value. You could just think for yourself and do your own research. Being a producer isn't a requirement to find the truth in this matter, nor does it grant any authority on the subject.

Unlike many subjects discussed here, this one happens to be objective by nature. You can look at hard data and come to a conclusion, no need to hear out the opinions of others.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Is the new standard the dynamic resolution revolution?!..

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

New most expensive console ever £450:

4 Years into a generation.
1.5 years after closest competitors equivilant release.
2 years since last generation of PC Graphics cards.

"The most powerful console yet, amazing, new standard" ...

Not even as impactful as the Xbox 360 was at it's launch...

You people can't look past the end of your noses.

airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

I bought an Xbox One X mainly so that I can play the best version of Red Dead Redemption II (given there's no way it comes to PC until 2019, if ever) and also because I want to play the best console version of METRO: EXODUS.

I'm a PS4 Pro owner so I'm not a blind fanboy of either Microsoft or Sony. Obviously a capable gaming PC is better, and while you don't have to spend $2000, it's going to cost at least as much as an Xbox One X and PS4 Pro together ($900 before tax).

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 neversummer75

@MBirdy88: Take it up with the developers. We are not the ones saying all these amazing things about this little beast. ;)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44265 Posts

I certainly love the sound of that. :)

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@airraidjet said:

I bought an Xbox One X mainly so that I can play the best version of Red Dead Redemption II (given there's no way it comes to PC until 2019, if ever) and also because I want to play the best console version of METRO: EXODUS.

why would you buy an X1X now for those purposes

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@neversummer75: why would you sell the Switch? Barely any overlap in games and Nintendo exclusives > other platform exclusives.

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By neversummer75

@sHaDyCuBe321: I agree that it is an amazing little device and it has amazing games. However, after a good few months of use, I simply do not need or want it anymore. I'm sorry, but when I leave the house, I do not need to game. I leave the house to work and to enjoy other hobbies that have nothing to do with gaming. The games are great and all, but I have found games that I can get on the X are equally as fun and amazing. I have found that although I still love gaming, I no longer need several systems to satisfy my gaming needs. I am selling everything and keeping the X. It very closely rivals what I find on my gaming PC. That is what life is all about...growing and evolving.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kuu2

Just bought the game for $30 on the MSoft Store.

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By neversummer75

@kuu2: Very cool. They have some killer deals going on right now. I am going to stock up and save myself some coin. I should be good for 2018 after all the games that I am going to purchase with this crazy MS Xbox sale going on. I won't buy any games in 2018 and will just enjoy the games that I've already purchased.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Alucard_Prime

@kuu2: yeah I got it from that sale too, good price considering how recent it is

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By neversummer75

@Alucard_Prime: Ya, I pretty much refuse to buy games full price....that's for chumps. If you hold off for these types of sales, you can stock up, save coin and be setup for a very long time with some quality games.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kuu2

@Alucard_Prime said:

@kuu2: yeah I got it from that sale too, good price considering how recent it is

We will have to play sometime. Shoot me a invite.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56192 Posts

@neversummer75 said:

I totally agree and paying online is so fun, giving money to MS greediness is a blessing :)