With Sony's profits dropping and developrs flocking to the Wii, I don't see...

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gcousin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gcousin
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

much of a future for the system. Which is a shame, because it's much better than the Xbox 360 (but definitely not as good as the Wii).

I was thinking of buying one soon myself but with it losing so much 3rd party support, I can think of much better ways to spend my money.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

you do realize that the developers arent flocking to the wii right? They are mainly flocking to the 360 although tbh not all that many are even leaving sony at all :?

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

No developers are flocking to the Wii :| Sony's profits are dropping though so I'll give you that. The system isn't going anywhere though. None of them are.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#4 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

That's a shame. You're going to miss out on a lot of great exclusives.

Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Trinners
Member since 2009 • 2537 Posts

Due to the apparent trend of failure in sales of third party games on the wii, no third party developer/publisher is flocking to it.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ActicEdge

Due to the apparent trend of failure in sales of third party games on the wii, no third party developer/publisher is flocking to it.

Trinners

Third party games aren't failing on the wii. Who told you that?

Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Trinners

[QUOTE="Trinners"]

ActicEdge

they're failing in sales, especially the ones with a substantial budget.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#9 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

Gcousin

Like FF13, OH WAIT. LMALAMAM!1

I was thinking more like MGS4, Resistance 2, LBP, Infamous, GOW3 and GT5.

Gcousin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gcousin

[QUOTE="Gcousin"]

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

SpinoRaptor24

To be honest they're not that good. Maybe MGS4 but the rest are overrated.

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
No 3rd party developers have left Sony and i dont believe they ever will. Besides they have the best 1st party support in the industry so whos cares if thet did lose some 3rd party support. Its simply crazy not to own a PS3 with there great exclusives.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="Trinners"]

Trinners

Who told you that? I'd love to here wher you get your budgeting info from too. That may actual be useful down the line (you don't have it so it doesn't matter)

coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 coltsfan4ever
Member since 2006 • 2628 Posts

Wait,what 3rd party support has Sony lost?

coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 coltsfan4ever
Member since 2006 • 2628 Posts

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

[QUOTE="Gcousin"]

Gcousin

So you have played all those games to come to the conclusion that they are overrated? Can I borrow your time machine to play GOW3 and GT5. Im really looking forward to those two games.

Gcousin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gcousin

No 3rd party developers have left Sony and i dont believe they ever will. Besides they have the best 1st party support in the industry so whos cares if thet did lose some 3rd party support. Its simply crazy not to own a PS3 with there great exclusives.djsifer01

1. Activion has been hinting at it beause Sony refuses to drop the price.

2. You must be joking about 1st party, because Nintendo always has and always will be the best in that category.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

[QUOTE="djsifer01"]No 3rd party developers have left Sony and i dont believe they ever will. Besides they have the best 1st party support in the industry so whos cares if thet did lose some 3rd party support. Its simply crazy not to own a PS3 with there great exclusives.Gcousin

2. You must be joking about 1st party, because Nintendo always has and always will be the best in that category.

I prefer Sony's better. According to your logic then it must be true.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

1. Developers are not flocking to the wii. The wii still doesn't have much of a 3rd party presence, although it is stronger than it was before, which isn't saying much, because it was abysmal.

2. Sony's profits are increasing, not dropping. They're still in the red, but they're losing less and less.

Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Trinners

[QUOTE="Trinners"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

Who told you that? I'd love to here wher you get your budgeting info from too. That may actual be useful down the line (you don't have it so it doesn't matter)

See Madworld, NMH, The Conduit flopping in sales. It's not hard to tell that these games have higher development costs than a hannah montana game.

wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

Developers flocked to the Wii as soon as they realized how much they could make, but their has been quite a lack of good games made by said developers.

killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts

[QUOTE="djsifer01"]No 3rd party developers have left Sony and i dont believe they ever will. Besides they have the best 1st party support in the industry so whos cares if thet did lose some 3rd party support. Its simply crazy not to own a PS3 with there great exclusives.Gcousin

when was the last good first party game from Nintendo out? And how good was it really?:?
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Quoted from MightyBillam in the other thread (who quoted Jack Tretton)

"38 per cent increase in sales and we hit our ten million units worldwide goal for PS3 sales."

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

much of a future for the system. Which is a shame, because it's much better than the Xbox 360 (but definitely not as good as the Wii).

I was thinking of buying one soon myself but with it losing so much 3rd party support, I can think of much better ways to spend my money.

Gcousin

It's looks to me like PS3 is gaining more support.

Many of the supposed 360 exclusives have come or are coming to PS3.

And BioWare has announced they are excited to start working on PS3 as well.

http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=10401

"Dragon Age: Origins marks the PlayStation 3 debut of fan-favorite RPG developer BioWare, who says that they are "really pumped" to at last be working on the platform."

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dragonfly110

[QUOTE="Gcousin"]

EmperorSupreme

"Dragon Age: Origins marks the PlayStation 3 debut of fan-favorite RPG developer BioWare, who says that they are "really pumped" to at last be working on the platform."

really? So Bioshock a game that was always known to be timed exclusivity counts as many now...or amI being a noob and missing out on some?

Plus you can forget all the PS3 franchises coming over to 360.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="Trinners"]

Trinners

See Madworld, NMH, The Conduit flopping in sales. It's not hard to tell that these games have higher development costs than a hannah montana game.

I wanted facts not you making crap up lol. Madworld sold poorly but I high doubt it was big budget. The proof is on you to tell me it was. NMN was not big budget at all. It was made by Suda 51, all there games have cheap development costs, the man had a seminar on keeping costs minimal for goodness sake. The Conduit doesn't have any sales data available and according to what's out there, it was more mid budget. Definitely not high. Being higher than shovelware does not make a game high budget. Now provide links for all your claims or keep this generalization to your self since you certainly cannot prove it.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dragonfly110

[QUOTE="Trinners"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

I wanted facts not you making crap up lol. Madworld sold poorly but I high doubt it was big budget. The proof is on you to tell me it was. NMN was not big budget at all. It was made by Suda 51, all there games have cheap development costs, the man had a seminar on keeping costs minimal for goodness sake. The Conduit doesn't have any sales data available and according to what's out there, it was more mid budget. Definitely not high. Being higher than shovelware does not make a game high budget. Now provide links for all your claims or keep this generalization to your self since you certainly cannot prove it.

I may be wrong but IM almost positive that Sega (they were the ones developing it correct?) said it was fairly high budget.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="Trinners"]

dragonfly110

I may be wrong but IM almost positive that Sega (they were the ones developing it correct?) said it was fairly high budget.

Platinum developed it, Sega published. When I say high budget, I'm not talking decent size or medium budget. I'm talking SMG, Brawl, MH3 level budget. Those are big budget. The Conduit and NMH aren't big budget. The devs simply don't have the money to make big budget games. Anyway, I'm not really inclined to believe anything without links anymore so would you happen to have one?

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]

[QUOTE="Gcousin"]

dragonfly110

really? So Bioshock a game that was always known to be timed exclusivity counts as many now...or amI being a noob and missing out on some?

I don't know them all but here are a few of the top of my head Bioshock (like you mentioned), Lost Planet, Kane & Lynch, Ninja Gaiden 2, Fallout3 DLC, Tales of Vesperia. Now I don't want to make this an argument just showing that PS3 isn't "losing" support

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dragonfly110

[QUOTE="dragonfly110"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

Platinum developed it, Sega published. When I say high budget, I'm not talking decent size or medium budget. I'm talking SMG, Brawl, MH3 level budget. Those are big budget. The Conduit and NMH aren't big budget. The devs simply don't have the money to make big budget games. Anyway, I'm not really inclined to believe anything without links anymore so would you happen to have one?

nope, I dont take these arguments seriously anymore I just kinda wing it and hope things turn out alright in the end :P

and also even if they are only decent sized budgets if they dont sell the company is still losing money.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dragonfly110

[QUOTE="dragonfly110"]

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]

EmperorSupreme

I don't know them all but here are a few of the top of my head Bioshock (like you mentioned), Lost Planet, Kane & Lynch, Ninja Gaiden 2, Fallout3 DLC, Tales of Vesperia. Now I don't want to make this an argument just showing that PS3 isn't "losing" support

okay you got me although it could be argued that Kane and Lynch isnt exactly a quality exclusive :lol:

you win this one *throws in flag*

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ActicEdge

nope, I dont take these arguments seriously anymore I just kinda wing it and hope things turn out alright in the end :P

and also even if they are only decent sized budgets if they dont sell the company is still losing money.

dragonfly110

Lol, the link thing is just cause I've been burned so many times on unlinked info. Plus with all the fanboy sites people use for info it gets hard to keep what's true seperate from what's not. Also, Even going from Trinners analysis he is still wrong. Madworld lost money, NMH made Suda quite a bit of money and none of us know how well The Conduit sold yet and we won't know until NDP time. So he only has one game when he's claiming tons of games have sold poorly. I want all the devs to sell well and its crappy when games with some effort flop but its bound to happen and sometimes a dev just get's unlucky.

killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts

[QUOTE="Gcousin"]

Dweedledude5000

Stupid Cow. 360 is better than the PS3 by far. Games are better and so is the damn System.

its funny, its like u didnt even bother to read what he said after "its much better than xbox 360"

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dragonfly110

[QUOTE="dragonfly110"]nope, I dont take these arguments seriously anymore I just kinda wing it and hope things turn out alright in the end :P

ActicEdge

Lol, the link thing is just cause I've been burned so many times on unlinked info. Plus with all the fanboy sites people use for info it gets hard to keep what's true seperate from what's not. Also, Even going from Trinners analysis he is still wrong. Madworld lost money, NMH made Suda quite a bit of money and none of us know how well The Conduit sold yet and we won't know until NDP time. So he only has one game when he's claiming tons of games have sold poorly. I want all the devs to sell well and its crappy when games with some effort flop but its bound to happen and sometimes a dev just get's unlucky.

I pretty much agree with every word in this post *gives a cookie*

although it may just be my loathing of motion based FPS's but I dont think of the Conduit as any form of quality at all (but Ill agree with you that it was given a good effort.)

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="dragonfly110"]nope, I dont take these arguments seriously anymore I just kinda wing it and hope things turn out alright in the end :P

dragonfly110

although it may just be my loathing of motion based FPS's but I dont think of the Conduit as any form of quality at all (but Ill agree with you that it was given a good effort.)

I'm not an FPS guy myself but its apparent the team tried which is why I would like them to make money on their investment. I hate when decent games/middle of the pack games sell like crap. It really does show a flaw in the industry about how hard it is to be succesful even if you give it a good effort. Its completely out of your hands sometimes.

Also, the cookie was tasty. I like chocolate chip :P

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dragonfly110

[QUOTE="dragonfly110"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

I'm not an FPS guy myself but its apparent the team tried which is why I would like them to make money on their investment. I hate when decent games/middle of the pack games sell like crap. It really does show a flaw in the industry about how hard it is to be succesful even if you give it a good effort. Its completely out of your hands sometimes.

Also, the cookie was tasty. I like chocolate chip :P

yeah, as said before I agree not to go off on a tangent(or whatever its called) but thats the main reason I like Jet Set Radio Future so much, it was such a hard worked on and high quality game and yet it was ignored by the general public. (ironically just like Madworld it was published by Sega >.>)

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
[QUOTE="Gcousin"]

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

[QUOTE="Gcousin"]

lol troll officially confirmed.
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
[QUOTE="Dweedledude5000"]

[QUOTE="Gcousin"]

Stupid Cow. 360 is better than the PS3 by far. Games are better and so is the damn System.

A) He isn't a cow if he's saying the PS3 is essentially dying.... :| B) Your argument is completely horrible.
JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts

[QUOTE="Gcousin"]

Dweedledude5000

This, my friends is what we call a blind fanboy. It doesn't matter on which console they are aligned, they are literally blind since they can't read half a post and just respond to it :roll:

BlackPlague1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BlackPlague1
Member since 2007 • 260 Posts

Gcousin

Brinker Brinker 1-9er we have confirmed a troll. location system wars. reasoning; making completly irrational statemnets

LordDhampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LordDhampire
Member since 2006 • 772 Posts

the developers are runnign away from the wii .,,,,

Z0MBIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 Z0MBIES
Member since 2005 • 2246 Posts

Gcousin

For a self-proclaimed genius sorority member, you sure aren't very smart.

Avatar image for Psn_FF7numbaOne
Psn_FF7numbaOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Psn_FF7numbaOne
Member since 2009 • 203 Posts

the fact that mention activion means you dont know anything, Their just greedy and trying to push their products.
PSGamerforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PSGamerforlife
Member since 2009 • 862 Posts

Gcousin

Ahem.

Does the Wii beat the PS3 in online comunity? hell NO, although im thinking if the Wii even has an online community..

Does the Wii beat the PS3 in graphical capabilities and hardware/software features? Most Definitally not.

Does the Wii beat the PS3 in terms of AAAA, AAA, AA games?http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pc5oLqpenpT78W87pMfgvBA&gid=2. .. nnnnno where close....

Does the Wii beat the PS3 in terms of lineup?.. I guess not...

Is there anything the Wii beats the PS3 in?... Oh yea, price and sales.....

Avatar image for Psn_FF7numbaOne
Psn_FF7numbaOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Psn_FF7numbaOne
Member since 2009 • 203 Posts
only reason wii isn't a gamecube is becuase they some how got old poeple, tweens(6 to 12 year olds) and causals to buy their system.
Gcousin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gcousin

[QUOTE="Dweedledude5000"]

[QUOTE="Gcousin"]

killa4lyfe

its funny, its like u didnt even bother to read what he said after "its much better than xbox 360"

People tend to gloss over information when they see a girl insult their favorite console!

It's true! 5 stars

Gcousin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gcousin

[QUOTE="Gcousin"]

PSGamerforlife

Ahem.

Does the Wii beat the PS3 in online comunity? hell NO, although im thinking if the Wii even has an online community..

Does the Wii beat the PS3 in graphical capabilities and hardware/software features? Most Definitally not.

Does the Wii beat the PS3 in terms of AAAA, AAA, AA games?http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pc5oLqpenpT78W87pMfgvBA&gid=2. .. nnnnno where close....

Does the Wii beat the PS3 in terms of lineup?.. I guess not...

Is there anything the Wii beats the PS3 in?... Oh yea, price and sales.....

If I want to play good games online I'll play it on my PC (though to be honest I'm not too keen on online gaming).

And I don't know about you but Wii is just more FUN. It has way better party games. You don't see a large group of people gathering around a PS3 unless it's to watch a blu-ray.

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

I call troll. No person can be this ignorant on purpose (well, they could, but hopefully not on GS)

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Gcousin

You're a troll. Though I'm not a fan of console sims Forza 3(especially this) and GT5 look better than the whole Wii library... Why? Because Mario Galaxy is a bloke flipping around, I want a sim racer, which is why I like pc sims. GTR2, Gt Legends... Wii has none of this, nor good steering wheels. It's a joke for people wanting a real experience... Try putting Arma 2 on a wii. I like my games good.

If you want to find a better steering wheel than the porsche 911 gt3 rs... keep lookinghttp://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=230〈=