Witcher 3 Discussion (spoilers!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

Ok since its pervasively popular on the board, lets just talk about the game. I'm really curious about opinions on the story, decisions players made, outcomes, bosses, etc. This is probably best for people who have finished the game, or at least made it the majority of the way through and don't mind spoilers.

To kick it off:

1. Yen or Triss? (Or neither?)

2. Rescue the orphans, or save the baron's wife? (Also: Help the baron at least try to rescue his wife (Return to Crookback Bog) or leave all of them to die in the swamps?)

3. Favorite quest/place/moment?

4. For those that completed - what ending did you get the first time, and were you happy with it?

5. Hearts of Stone vs. Blood and Wine, also same question as number 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@nomadic8280:

1. Triss

2. I thought the decision was between the orphans and a village of people? I chose the village, as it also included children.

3. The Phantom of Eldberg. It was spooky. :P Skellige map design was pretty bad but the aesthetics were lovely!

4. I never completed it. :(

5. Never played them.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

I'm on my 4th playthrough as we speak. This is the first current-gen game I have replay on the 4th time so far and Witcher 3 on PC is just so damn good!!!

1. Yen on the first rounds. But after that, I fell in love with Keira Metz.
  2. Actually, I did both on all accounts with no penalties. Rescue the kids & save the Bloody Baron's wife was the best thing to happen in the game without sacrificing anyone.
  3. Going to Skellige because it had that Viking vibe going for and it felt like what a Norse mythology like.
  4. As for the ending, I just let Ciri meet her heritage Father and I fell like that was the good ending, because I wanted Ciri to do her own thing and be the ruler of the North.
  5. Love both Hearts of Stone v& Blood and Wine. HoS because O'Dimm was the true, "don't make a deal with the Devil" which he is & BoW had that great landscape & Duchess of Toussaint Anna Henrietta was so sexy but really naive.

All in all, Witcher 3; Wild Hunt is my all time favorite game this gen has to offer and for the record, I love the combat gameplay and don't even bother replying to me cause I ain't hearing it! You don't like it, good for you!

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Completed it three times, done everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@davillain- said:

I'm on my 4th playthrough as we speak. This is the first current-gen game I have replay on the 4th time so far and Witcher 3 on PC is just so damn good!!!

1. Yen on the first rounds. But after that, I fell in love with Keira Metz.
  2. Actually, I did both on all accounts with no penalties. Rescue the kids & save the Bloody Baron's wife was the best thing to happen in the game without sacrificing anyone.
  3. Going to Skellige because it had that Viking vibe going for and it felt like what a Norse mythology like.
  4. As for the ending, I just let Ciri meet her heritage Father and I fell like that was the good ending, because I wanted Ciri to do her own thing and be the ruler of the North.
  5. Love both Hearts of Stone v& Blood and Wine. HoS because O'Dimm was the true, "don't make a deal with the Devil" which he is & BoW had that great landscape & Duchess of Toussaint Anna Henrietta was so sexy but really naive.

All in all, Witcher 3; Wild Hunt is my all time favorite game this gen has to offer and for the record, I love the combat gameplay and don't even bother replying to me cause I ain't hearing it! You don't like it, good for you!

Keira doesn't like blonds.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Man I'm definitely due for another play-through, because I forget the answers to some of the questions you're asking. That's unacceptable!

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nomadic8280

My answer:

1. Triss. Her character is down-to-earth, when you meet her in W3 she's doing piddly odd jobs with magic and she and Geralt burn rat poop together (kind of endearing), she lets Menge's men pull her finger nails out just to help Geralt get info on Ciri. Meanwhile, Yennefer can't even be bothered to stitch a hole in her own clothes. She's cool too, but a weird opposite to Geralt in every way it seems. I also like Keira Metz a lot too, I like the Wandering In The Dark quest with her, she's funny. Also, if you wind up with Yen, Dandelion says that they spend the rest of their days having long walks and conversations, sleeping late, etc. Boring. At least with Triss she continues to be a royal consultant and Geralt keeps Witchering (for fun, cause Triss is rich).

2. Gotta save those orphans. Innocent. Screw the townspeople, making deals with the Crones for their children, and the baron's wife. In fact, the baron, his wife, his daughter, all shitty selfish people and if it wasn't a side quest to help them, I'd just let the baron and his family die together in the swamps.

3. I love Skellige, my favorite place by far. Though I think my favorite moment of the whole game is the twisted fairy tale realm in Blood And Wine. Also the quest where you hop through different worlds/universes, forget what it was called.

4. First time I got the bad ending. Can't believe I thought having a beer with Ciri was being a good dad haha. Yeah I was pretty pissed. Second time, the Empress Ciri, third time she became a Witcher.

5. I think I enjoyed Hearts of Stone a little more than Blood And Wine, even though its way too short. The "Scenes from a Marriage" quest was really sad. Damn you, Gaunter O' Dimm! I've only ever helped save Olgierd's life at the end of that. At the end of Blood And Wine, I got the tragic ending, guess I said something wrong to the Duchess's sister.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

1. Yen

2. Orphans

3. All of HoS

4. Empress Ciri, I dug it.

5. HoS

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@nomadic8280 said:

Ok since its pervasively popular on the board, lets just talk about the game. I'm really curious about opinions on the story, decisions players made, outcomes, bosses, etc. This is probably best for people who have finished the game, or at least made it the majority of the way through and don't mind spoilers.

To kick it off:

2. Rescue the orphans, or save the baron's wife? (Also: Help the baron at least try to rescue his wife (Return to Crookback Bog) or leave all of them to die in the swamps?)

4. For those that completed - what ending did you get the first time, and were you happy with it?

1. Yen. I liked Trish in the previous Witcher games but I liked Yen's personality more (also she reminded me of an ex)

2. I 'm pretty sure I ended up saving both but I cant quite remember.

3. Baron's quest and the serial killer quest/Intro village/Banging Keira Metz

4. I think I got the "good" ending. Saved almost everything

5. Didnt played the expansions so I cant comment

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Favorite moments:

Geralt high on mushroom tea, Roach starts talking to him.

Fairy tale land with an alcoholic and depressed big bad wolf.

Oh yeah, and Geralt + the other Witchers drunk dialing late at night trying to “summon the bitches!”

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nomadic8280

@geraltofwar said:

@davillain-: You can end up with Kiera Metz? I know you can hook up with her but can she be your final choice?

Nope, just that hookup.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nomadic8280

@jumpaction said:

@nomadic8280:

1. Triss

2. I thought the decision was between the orphans and a village of people? I chose the village, as it also included children.

3. The Phantom of Eldberg. It was spooky. :P Skellige map design was pretty bad but the aesthetics were lovely!

4. I never completed it. :(

5. Never played them.

Nah, the actual choice is killing the spirit in the tree or freeing it. If you free it, the orphans are saved. (You see their names on a roster of new admissions at the school in Novigrad). However, the Crones punish the baron's wife who ultimate dies (after being turned into a water hag, then removing the curse). The townspeople slaughter each other when the freed spirit takes her revenge on them and possesses them (for helping the Crones, her sisters). Oh and the baron hangs himself out of grief. If you kill the spirit in the tree, you can assume the children are eaten by the Crones. But at least the baron and his wife live, except she's crazy. The townspeople live.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@nomadic8280: Ah yes! That's right. I chose to help the Baron's wife and safe the townsfolk. My reasoning was that there were kids also in the village, some even younger than the orphans. It seemed to make more sense to save more people than save the orphans, even though I have the orphans had more character development.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@nomadic8280 said:

To kick it off:

1. Triss - She's a ditzy valley girl, but Yen treats Geralt like shit.

2. Rescue the orphans - the Baron fucked up, as did that crazy witch-worshipping town, while those kids were innocent.

3. Novigrad - It's the most detailed RPG city every designed, I was in awe as I walked through it; it's laughable what passes as a "city" in a TES game.

4. I got the Ciri witcher ending.

5. Hearts of Stone - Despite being smaller in scale, it had an incredible story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@UssjTrunks: What drew me to Triss instead of Yen isn't just her appearance in the first two games (and the promise I made in Witcher 2) but in the books, she's positioned as the girl who falls in unrequited love for Geralt while he is still with Yen. That made me kind of cheer for her. :P

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nomadic8280

@jumpaction said:

@nomadic8280: Ah yes! That's right. I chose to help the Baron's wife and safe the townsfolk. My reasoning was that there were kids also in the village, some even younger than the orphans. It seemed to make more sense to save more people than save the orphans, even though I have the orphans had more character development.

That's a good point about the remaining kids that may still be in the town. That's what I like about the decision making in the game, the moral grey area.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@nomadic8280: Yeah, many of the major decisions made during the main story are grey. I think that one for me was a little easier to make considering the circumstances, and the number of lives at stake.

Maybe if I decide to go back to the game, my decisions would be different? Who knows!