will zelda skyward sword sell more then xbox and ps3 exclusives combined.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

but it wont sell as good as a quality game like skyrim

puts up flame shield

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 free_milk

how do i edit the title?

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

Maybe.... it is Zelda. And the Wii does have the most consoles sold. Time will tell.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#4 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

The highest selling Zelda game ever has sold like half as many units as Halo 3, so no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

puts up flame shield

free_milk

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Zelda game sales have been dropping with each installment. Twilight Princess for Wii has only sold about 5 million I believe. Not sure why this one would do any better. The Wii may have tons of sales but a lot of that is made up by non-gamers who won't play anything more than mini-game collections and wii sports type titles.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#6 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Sadly, it won't.

Cause According to most Gamers I've seen and talked to.

If it's not on the Xbox then it's not worth playing.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#7 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

[QUOTE="free_milk"]

puts up flame shield

ZIMdoom

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Zelda game sales have been dropping with each installment. Twilight Princess for Wii has only sold about 5 million I believe. Not sure why this one would do any better. The Wii may have tons of sales but a lot of that is made up by non-gamers who won't play anything more than mini-game collections and wii sports type titles.

I think you are correct about Zelda sales.

And yea, my grandmother bought a Wii so she could toy around with Wii Fit. That's a console sale right there but I highly doubt she'll be checking out Skyward Sword.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Sadly, it won't.

Cause According to most Gamers I've seen and talked to.

If it's not on the Xbox then it's not worth playing.

LegatoSkyheart

I disagree, there are many great PS3 games out there. Yeah, I agree that the Wii has nothign worth playing though.

zeldisco2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeldisco2009
Member since 2009 • 554 Posts

If the sales of a game were dependent on a games quality and score then ZELDA SKYWARD SWORD would sell 50 million units even if the install base of the console was 25 millions!

But that doesnt happen.Just look at Modern Warfare 3,it will sell past 10 million even though it is practically the same game over and over again.I expect Zelda to sell around 5 million units.Mario Galaxy 2 sold around 7-8 million.Galaxy and Skyward Sword are very hardcore games for core and traditional gamers.But games which have more appeal to casuals like New Super Mario Bros(20 millions on DS and Wii) ,Mario Kart(20 millions on DS and Wii) and Pokemon(20 millions on DS) will always sell better

Nontheless:SKYWARD SWORD WILL BE THE GAME OF THE CENTURY

I expect it will be so great that the official PS and Xbox magazine will have SKYWARD SWORD as the cover with the titel:"Shame on Uncharted, Gears of Wars and Skyrim .All hail SKYWARD SWORD THE GREATEST GAME OF ALLTIME."

Plus these magazine issues will have interviews with Bill Gates and Kaz Hirai and why they gave up on Playstation and Xbox and became loyal Nintendo fans after playing the world-beating THE LEGEND OF ZELDA SKYWARD SWORD.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

If the sales of a game were dependent on a games quality and score then ZELDA SKYWARD SWORD would sell 50 million units even if the install base of the console was 25 millions!

But that doesnt happen.Just look at Modern Warfare 3,it will sell past 10 million even though it is practically the same game over and over again.I expect Zelda to sell around 5 million units.Mario Galaxy 2 sold around 7-8 million.Galaxy and Skyward Sword are very hardcore games for core and traditional gamers.But games which have more appeal to casuals like New Super Mario Bros(20 millions on DS and Wii) ,Mario Kart(20 millions on DS and Wii) and Pokemon(20 millions on DS) will always sell better

I expect it will be so great that the official PS and Xbox magazine will have SKYWARD SWORD as the cover with the titel:"Shame on Uncharted, Gears of Wars and Skyrim .All hail SKYWARD SWORD THE GREATEST GAME OF ALLTIME."

Plus these magazine issues will have interviews with Bill Gates and Kaz Hirai and why they gave up on Playstation and Xbox and became loyal Nintendo fans after playing the world-beating THE LEGEND OF ZELDA SKYWARD SWORD.

zeldisco2009

Aren't you hyping this game a bit too much.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#11 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts
Since it's Nintendo and judging by their reception, no.
HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13665 Posts
I doubt it. I'm sure it's going to be high scoring, but I can't imagine it's going to be like a Halo seller.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#13 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

zeldisco2009

Wow. Somebody needs to add some realism to their diet...

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
Depends how many Wii's have to be pulled down from the attic ;) Mine isn't in the attic, it's just in the closet so I might get go ahead and Skyward Sword. I think it will sell around 5 million though and be one of the best selling exclusives of 2011/2012, but it won't be anywhere close to where the Wii games were selling at it's peak. It might have done 10+ million easily but I think the timing is just reallly bad/late here.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Good thing I can play both ;) I disagree though, Skyward Sword will be as amazing, if not more.
zeldisco2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zeldisco2009

[QUOTE="zeldisco2009"]

super600

it is just rhetoric to give Zelda the standing it deserves in SW.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
thought the title was a question, which has "no" as the logical answer. it'll preobably beat skyrim though. at least on individual platforms ('cause if you need 3 on 1 numbers, then you're a sad, sad person)
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Skyrim has the multiplat advantage. It wouldn't be fair to compare their sales, though I'm sure SS will be one of the highest selling exclusives this year.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#19 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Zelda games don't sell anywhere near as well as Mario games and I can't seeing Skyward Sword selling over 7 million units.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

Zelda titles sell around 5 million typically, with a few below and above (highest selling is OoT at 7.6 million and the lowest is Four Swords Adventures at 0.3 million).

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="zeldisco2009"]

zeldisco2009

No!Hyping the way you're hyping it will make all the sheep look bad when the game flops.So calm your insane hype down and bring it to respectable levels.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

Theres wayyy to much hype in these types of games. I am a zelda fan and I have liked almost every zelda game to date, but since i have not played SS I do not know how good it will be.

zeldisco2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zeldisco2009

[QUOTE="zeldisco2009"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

super600

No!Hyping the way you're hyping it will make all the sheep look bad when the game flops.So calm your insane hype down and bring it to respectable levels.

you care so much about the SW flop game? and you think SKYWARD SWORD gonna get(possibly) less than 9.0(hyped 9-9.5)??????Maybe Twilight Princess 8.8 in SW flop game gave you nightmares and killed your confidence in the ZELDA franchise but SKYWARD SWORD has been devloped for like 5 years by Nintendo.Yes Nintendo which created Mario Galaxy 1,2 the highest rated exclusives this gen.It is also the first real Zelda game this gen,as TP was a gamecube port.Plus I dont think the sheep club will look bad if one sheep uses strong rhetoric to give it the standing it deserves or overhype it as you said.TBH I personally will be happy if it gets 9-9.5 here and around 95 in metacritic,because as a Zelda fan I will love the game even if it is just a great and solid entry(and no more than that like GOTY and perfect score) in the Zelda franchise.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="zeldisco2009"]

zeldisco2009

you care so much about the SW flop game? and you think SKYWARD SWORD gonna get(possibly) less than 9.0(hyped 9-9.5)??????Maybe Twilight Princess 8.8 in SW flop game gave you nightmares and killed your confidence in the ZELDA franchise but SKYWARD SWORD has been devloped for like 5 years by Nintendo.Yes Nintendo which created Mario Galaxy 1,2 the highest rated exclusives this gen.It is also the first real Zelda game this gen,as TP was a gamecube port.Plus I dont think the sheep club will look bad if one sheep uses strong rhetoric to give it the standing it deserves or overhype it as you said.TBH I personally will be happy if it gets 9-9.5 here and around 95 in metacritic,because as a Zelda fan I will love the game even if it is just a great and solid entry(and no more than that like GOTY and perfect score) in the Zelda franchise.

it's not about the metagame itself, it's about how everyone will get obnoxious treating anyone who likes zelda, for months. and the more people talk, the more obnoxious they get. case in point, battlefield 3.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
It doesn't need to. It will be a multi million seller regardless. A big success for any game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#26 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

The highest selling Zelda game ever has sold like half as many units as Halo 3, so no.

vashkey
The highest selling Zelda is Ocarina of Time at 7.1 million. Didn't Halo 3 sell 8.1 million?
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="zeldisco2009"]

zeldisco2009

Lol!I'm hyping this game anywhere from 9 to 10, but I doubt it's going to get a ten on GS.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
Quality wise? Probably. Sales wise? LOLNO
mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

[QUOTE="free_milk"]

puts up flame shield

Blueresident87

I think you are correct about Zelda sales.

And yea, my grandmother bought a Wii so she could toy around with Wii Fit. That's a console sale right there but I highly doubt she'll be checking out Skyward Sword.

Say what? LoZ TP has sold over 7 million copies, out sellign both WW, and MM... :?

The console game ratio when it first came out was 1:2.

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts
Hell no! This PoS scored 0.0 on IGN!
Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

[QUOTE="free_milk"]

puts up flame shield

ZIMdoom

Zelda twilight princess was made for the Gamecube was it not? It was pass on for the Wii as a way to get people to buy the Wii but it was a Last Generation game ( Ps2/GC/xbox )

lulmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lulmont
Member since 2010 • 671 Posts
Nope, but will be my goty.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Prob will do about 5 million or soo. Which is fine for what it is.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#34 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

nintendo exclusives have been badly outselling most games out there. There are a lot of wii owners (did it cross the 90 million mark yet?) and they are starved for games atm.

I would guess that SS would outsell Mario Galaxy, which had 8.8 million. MarioKart Wii sold 28 million copies so who knows where the ceiling is exactly? Needing wiimotionplus shouldn't hurt it either, with WiiSports resorts also selling 28 million

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Wishful thinking I know, but it would be nice to play Zelda on other platforms. Nintendo should license it to Sony or Microsoft. I would definitely get Zelda, but I just can't see myself buying a Wii. Skyrim looks good but seems over hyped imo, I'll wait for the price drop.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#36 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

Wishful thinking I know, but it would be nice to play Zelda on other platforms. Nintendo should license it to Sony or Microsoft..

HipHopBeats
Hell no, the series would be ruined.
free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 free_milk

Wishful thinking I know, but it would be nice to play Zelda on other platforms. Nintendo should license it to Sony or Microsoft. I would definitely get Zelda, but I just can't see myself buying a Wii. Skyrim looks good but seems over hyped imo, I'll wait for the price drop.

HipHopBeats
zelda on ps3 and xbox is a terrible idea.I dont want to see big spiders in hd. ):
ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts
[QUOTE="HipHopBeats"]

free_milk
zelda on ps3 and xbox is a terrible idea.I dont want to see big spiders in hd. ):

A master at work.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
first party nintendo generally sells well. but wont outsell all ps3 exclusives :lol: maybe 360 ones as there is only 2.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#40 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Skyward Sword is a quality game.
Skyrim is a quality game riddled with bugs.

bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

Zelda has a larger fanbase, so i wouldnt be suprised